Sign in to follow this  
Chainikas

Some Zhan Zhuang expierence

Hello,

I want to share some experience while doing Zhan Zhuang(holding ball in front of chest) and would like to hear your thoughts what was going on. In the morning while practising, my left leg felt somehow strange(dislodged, in misalignment), then body did some violent moves (twisting and leaning to the left) after that somehow left leg felt integrated and body relaxed. But this afternoon during practice i felt that during breathing in energy raising up from the bottom of right leg upto the right side of head, and during breathing out like going down from left side of the head to the bottom of the left leg( or rather i would say it was my body pulling enegy up and down).

Never had idea of such circular rotation, or ever tried doing anything like that (only tried some microcosmic orbit). I practise Zhang Zhuang and Ba Duan Jin (learned from book The Way of energy) and Five Tibetan Rites.

Didn't felt any pain, was feeling quite good. Probably i should continue practising, making no big deal about such experience?

• Like 2

When energy is running through the energetic tubes of your body it will naturally toss out unhealthy sediment in its path. This can trigger spontaneous movements in the body and many other sensations. It's part of the process. 

2 hours ago, Chainikas said:

Probably i should continue practising, making no big deal about such experience?

Precisely

If you practice skillfully, and for long enough, you will have all sorts of experience, both good and bad. There will comfort, discomfort, pain, bliss, fear, boredom, excitement, physical movements, emotional release... no limit to the types of experience that may arise.

Getting too focused or analytical with any experience is an obstacle. Everything needs space to arise and move through you. Leave it all just as it is. Add nothing, suppress nothing, but fully experience everything with openness and most important of all, be kind to yourself.

When the really big stuff happens, it will be clear.

• Like 6

Ok here there are :

• If you focus on something particular you're going to experience feelings, more or less deep. It works for any place in the body, these experiences are valuable.
  • There are posture that can damage the body (deep stances, misalignments, twisted articulations like half and full lotuses). It will happen and keep happening if you do something wrong, with these one should be careful.
  • Like 1

Thank you all for answers, i practised for two days and nothing similar to previous experience  happened. Just curious, is there any practice where you "breath in" through your right leg and "breath out" through your left one, in circle. I know moving energy through channels is somewhat dangerous, and should be attempted only on supervision on teacher. So only curious :).

8 hours ago, Chainikas said:

Thank you all for answers, i practised for two days and nothing similar to previous experience  happened. Just curious, is there any practice where you "breath in" through your right leg and "breath out" through your left one, in circle. I know moving energy through channels is somewhat dangerous, and should be attempted only on supervision on teacher. So only curious :).

There are thousands of different energetic and meditative practices. The important thing is to understand the root goal of your training and then align yourself with practices that are helping you reach that goal. 

• Like 2

Sign in to follow this