Sign in to follow this  
Yonkon

Physiotherapy - More harm than good?

Hey guys, i have the opportunity to go into physiotherapy and get my spine corrected. I have my doubts and i thought the best way to gather different perspectives is to ask here. 

My main concern is that through forcefully straightening the spine, my body gets damaged. 

I have strong tension in the neck area and i am certain that it is a result of blocked emotions and trauma. Heal the trauma and the neck is free. But maybe through physiotherapy i get faster relief, maybe even helps with the healing process?

So has anybody done something similar or can share his experience or point of view? I would highly appreciate it.

• Like 1

First question: what is the issue they are trying to correct? 

Second question: what are your experiences with chiropractors, whom physiotherapists claim to be gentler and superior to in some regards? 

I can only speak for chiropractors with the spine work that did wonders on a couple people I know. 

I also know of people who do the Dorn method, and that is a longer but also a gentle process.

Edited by Earl Grey
  • Like 1

They do joint manipulations like chiropractors so it should be helpful.  Straightening the spine shouldn't be damaging, since it's moving it back into its proper position.  If you have subluxations or joint dislocations, then addressing them directly with bonesetting is best...although adding soft tissue massage also helps more in the long term.  Energy healing may as well too, but I would at least get your bones set.

BTW, your spine is pretty robust...and it's not nearly as fragile as some laymen seem to imagine.

Edited by gendao

Sign in to follow this