welkin

Damaged lower dantian

As far as the fear. It's just hilarious. Look at the threads. Look at my own actual post of how i believe fear kills. And a lot of 'high level' people do instill fear. Whether for safety or not. It doesn't matter it's still fear.

This is honestly all so silly, but i can see a shift in the forum happening already. So whatever. moving on.

'It will be ok'

Edited by welkin

This thread is now closed. At least it's another thread that will help someone down the line. Just as the threads i read about being posted even 11 years ago.

18 minutes ago, welkin said:

the only reason about the tear or "damaged" dantien is because of reading many other threads in this forum as well as many other articles online. Including from known masters.

Here there are a lot of beginners who talk like experts, having read some BS from some fake 'masters', who are idiots.

If you want to get better do Fragrant Chi Kung and drop the breathing and visualizing garbage.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Starjumper said:

Here there are a lot of beginners who talk like experts, having read some BS from some fake 'masters', who are idiots.

If you want to get better do Fragrant Chi Kung and drop the breathing and visualizing garbage.

Hey, if he can get at least one more person to practice regularly with him or practice in a small group instead of alone, then yes, Fragrant is the best due to how groups amplify the healing power. For his current state, it may take a bit longer with Level 1, and provided he isn't watching a couple videos of two Germans who both made huge errors in their form when performing on Youtube. 

When I was in a group of 15-20, we smelled roses just after opening form, and in a group of four, smelled cotton candy and lollipops. Injuries I felt were healing slowly when practicing alone went away in a large group, as recommended. 

Yeah, he'll have to make adjustments, but they might be good for his current mental and emotional state too for the time being. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

As u wish, but my advice is that u do fragrant qigong. I did it for more than 7 months and it is great. One of the best medical qigongs out there. Maybe it will rehabilitate ur dan tian!!!

• Like 1

On 12/17/2019 at 1:32 PM, welkin said:

I really messed up. a few days ago i had sex and then later did some stretching, and i believe i tore my lower dantian while doing so. Most likely due to not breathing/strethcing correctly plus the sex. I feel ashamed that this has happened.

No need to feel ashamed.

No need to panic.

The dan tians are conceptual, energetic structures.

They do not tear or fracture. 

Feeling pretty bad daily, like my energy is all over the place. i can't focus, lower abdomen feels cold, not sure if fluids are going down to testicles.

Do you guys believe this is something that will heal on its own over time?

Yes, very likely

I already prepared for the worse and have some names down here in California to hopefully be able to heal this.

https://www.nqa.org/

bruce frantzis

Madison Mansy

Lori Furbush

Rebecca Lance

Michael Rinaldini

Bruce Frantzis is the closest to me.

Is there anyone in California highly recommended for this? Do you recommend Bruce?

If you are truly  interested in Daoist cultivation, it is necessary to have an experienced teacher with a credible lineage.

Books and anonymous participants in online fora are of little value.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

So i got my consultation, thankfully lower stomach is okay, though i still feel pretty bad, and digestion is all the place. Therefore will need major changes to my diet.

Mentioned both fragrant and flying phoenix will be good for me. To not complicate though, i'm sticking with FP.

Everything else is private, but i will say that i do recommend that consultation, worth the money.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 19/12/2019 at 4:03 AM, dwai said:

You can't damage or "rip" your Lower Dan tien. It is not a physical thing to be damaged that way. If you are in pain, go see a doctor.

If you're only scared that you ripped your LDT, don't be -- it cannot happen.

That said, we CAN deplete our energy when we are careless with how/where we're spending it (too much thinking, too much sex, too much of any activity for that matter -- moderation is paramount).

Heck, most don't even know how to fill the LDT. Even when they sink their Qi it just sticks around in the lower belly and then dissipates. The LDT is an energetic structure the size of a golf ball with a tiny hole in it (smaller than a needle's width). When you fill your LDT, you have to slowly guide the Qi down into that hole. Like pouring oil into a very narrow bottle. The energy goes back into the emptiness within the LDT -- The LDT is a wormhole between emptiness and the world. 

maybe that’s why the LDT is envisioned as a cauldron, golf ball like but with a much bigger hole on top. maybe the opening size is variable depending on how it interacts with energy. 

image.png.b4038ab0f3fa59335799ca4e9f32e994.png

Edited by Bindi

Hey @Welkin ...  don't take the beating up so personal... it comes with asking for guidance and help on such sites.  What you feel may not be what did happen but the fact that you feel something is wrong is good.

I would suggest that Dwai is correct that the LDT is not a thing to 'tear'... but I will add that it is akin to an energy container and its health can be compromised.   I suspect that compromise is what you are feeling.  

You are kind of exposing the weakness in Qigong practices... the need to stop after sex is almost ludicrous yet appears so ubiquitous in recommendation that it needs to be evaluated as having a point... and it should point out that there must be a better and higher way than the coarseness of Qigong practices.   

I would recommend you re-connect with nature; both around you and inside you.   Try residing effortlessly instead of intentional practices.      

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dawei said:

Hey @Welkin ...  don't take the beating up so personal... it comes with asking for guidance and help on such sites.  What you feel may not be what did happen but the fact that you feel something is wrong is good.

I would suggest that Dwai is correct that the LDT is not a thing to 'tear'... but I will add that it is akin to an energy container and its health can be compromised.   I suspect that compromise is what you are feeling.  

You are kind of exposing the weakness in Qigong practices... the need to stop after sex is almost ludicrous yet appears so ubiquitous in recommendation that it needs to be evaluated as having a point... and it should point out that there must be a better and higher way than the coarseness of Qigong practices.   

I would recommend you re-connect with nature; both around you and inside you.   Try residing effortlessly instead of intentional practices.      

not really taking it personal from most honestly. It was just a specific situation i felt was uncalled for.

i'm not saying i know or don't know anything. i wrote what i wrote, to get help. i honestly don't care whether  it's the dantien or organs. if it happens to be one or the other, cool. The only reason i say i don't care is because it was unclear, based on the research of different people's opinions.

edit:

I do need more grounding. or at least just communicate in a different way to not discredit myself for what i know or do.

Edited by welkin
  • Like 1

You need to understand that while the forum in general is pretty forgiving, some individuals have long memories and want to see actual permanent and visible behavior change. To them, some apologies are just talk when the same pattern continues. To some like me, a simple apology is enough for my reset button, but I will still step in if appropriate in a manner for coaching rather than reprimanding.

EDIT: 

and apparently @Toni, you weren’t wrong to question him and say what you did when he turns around and does it again.

Edited by Earl Grey
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, welkin said:

not really taking it personal from most honestly. It was just a specific situation i felt was uncalled for.

i'm not saying i know or don't know anything. i wrote what i wrote, to get help. i honestly don't care whether  it's the dantien or organs. if it happens to be one or the other, cool. The only reason i say i don't care is because it was unclear, based on the research of different people's opinions.

edit:

I do need more grounding. or at least just communicate in a different way to not discredit myself for what i know or do.

You would be better to just own some amount of anger expressed... which I don't judge but observe.  But when it gets directed to members (or members to you, then that is their issue), let's get past it.  ok?

Your feeling and sensation of something is wrong.. is right !

Your solution is more intentional practices... grounding...  that is not what I recommended... So you are back to your own seeking of solutions.   That is ok, but realize you are not evaluating other's thoughts.    

Communication is always a challenge but I would say that let's just communicate as we can.  It is better than not communicating.  

• Like 3

11 hours ago, welkin said:

This is fair. Sorry. i caught myself backtracking instead of progressing 3/4 into writing my last post. what i meant is i walk to the park,  hug/sit by the trees, observe the squirels, look at the blue skies and clouds and am just there with no purposeful practice or for any solution. Though i do practice if i want. I observe the homeless people and try to understand, feel, and learn from them. i'm there doing it without purpose, just to be. This is what i truly meant.

There are deeper aspects of myself that i chose to neglect and i know exactly what they are. And you are right, a purposeful solution is not necessarily the solution. Trust me, i know what you mean. i do want to work on those things and will. Thank you, honestly. Even in our interaction here i caught myself quite a bit.

to clarify, by work i don't mean processes and solution. i mean finding happiness, joy, love, all those things which is all hiding currently.

Sometimes we just need to create some distance between the self and the mind. When/if you realize that you are neither your mind nor your body, you will be in a better position to observe and not constantly react. I'm not suggesting that you do (constantly react) -- but more as a generic statement which can be beneficial to most modern human beings.

Some days, everything works like clockwork, and things naturally fall into place -- people, work, feelings, thoughts, emotions etc etc. Other days, nothing seems to go right. Most days are a mix of the two extremes.

Similarly, with establishment of distance between Self (awareness) and mind, we will notice that just like everything else in the universe,  in the mind too -- some days  are 'good' while others are 'bad' (as observed). 

This is perhaps not what your OP was about, but I sense that this might be a useful reminder -- "Whatever you are able to observe, is not you". Just like the mind has good and bad days (or moments), the body, energy, etc etc all have good and bad days. 

Another observation you can make is with the correlation of the mind and energy. If you are feeling mentally overactive, your energy is agitated (and vice versa). If you are feeling energetically weakened, there is an effect on the mind.  Again, whatever you can observe is not you. You are not the body, you are not the mind and not even the energies that animate the body.  Fall backward still...deeper and deeper into your own being. From the perspective of your own being, body, mind, energy, emotions, etc all rise and fall -- forms and names appear and disappear constantly -- playing a game of hide and seek.  Just remain as pure being...the mind will resist. Watch even that resistance, and it will settle down. Little by little, everything will settle...just be...do nothing. :) 

• Like 5

On 12/17/2019 at 8:40 PM, welkin said:

an apology to everyone i insulted or had conflict with.

I never had any ill will or intention. All i wanted was for there to be more transparency in the way things were explained and advised. Maybe more freedom in the approaches that were utilized. I came here with my own personal expectations of possibly finding a safe haven with a bunch of enlightened people who wanted to make a difference. And i admit that because of my own ignorance, i was disappointed. And possibly, in previous years the forum may have had more of this, but nonetheless my actions and attitudes were wrong. Because there are still really great people here, even if i don't agree with some of what they say.

A lot of it coming from personal real life struggles, that i didn't get myself out of. More specifically relationship of many many years, and i let it bleed into the rest of my life.

To Earl Gray, Zork, Freeform, Taomeow, Apech, Nungali, and anyone else i didn't mention. I'm sorry.

No worries as far as I am concerned.

If you have physical pain etc. see a doctor or physio perhaps.  Otherwise avoid energy work or vigorous physical stuff for a while till you feel better.  Your subtle body and physical body are in a close feedback loop with each other so one affects the other - sometimes drastically.  If you carry emotional tension then any forceful energy work or sex can be very disruptive.  I think you should get some teachings off someone competent if you can.  Otherwise eat well and go for long walks and look at nature if you can to harmonise.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, GSmaster said:

Low tan tien is not a thing that can be stretched physically.

That’s true - to an extent...

In some schools you build a physical Dantien and you shape the tissues around the lower torso in a particular way to contain and interact with the ldt...

But Welkin doesn’t have this built... could’ve pulled a muscle or given himself a hernia though 😕

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1