Sign in to follow this  
Zork

Hillarious reddit post titles!

This thread is made with the sole purpose of uncovering hidden gems in reddit and commenting on them without actually allowing the individuals posting them to make a fool of themselves! (That is why i will not provide links).

Also i want to say thanks to @sean for creating this place that allows us to avoid the mess called reddit.

I will start:

How do I start spiritually awakening?

renderTimingPixel.pngThat is the whole post guys! :lol:

How do you know when you’re spiritually awake?

Another title single sentence post for your entertainment!

How could I trigger a spiritual awakening?

renderTimingPixel.pngI have never felt in touch with my spirit and have only ever meditated once. I do believe in this stuff but I’m not sure how to get involved. If there is an easy way to connect with or awaken my spirit, I would love to know.

Yes the guy/gal above posted something along!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Here are some sarcastic answers:

1 minute ago, Zork said:

How do I start spiritually awakening?

Get some better spiritual coffee.

1 minute ago, Zork said:

How do you know when you’re spiritually awake?

When you're not spiritually sleeping.

2 minutes ago, Zork said:

How could I trigger a spiritual awakening?

renderTimingPixel.pngI have never felt in touch with my spirit and have only ever meditated once. I do believe in this stuff but I’m not sure how to get involved. If there is an easy way to connect with or awaken my spirit, I would love to know.

Get a spiritual alarm clock. 

• Haha 2

Empathic abilities

renderTimingPixel.png

I was a empath. I say was because I seem to have lost that ability. I'm wondering if I could ever recover it.

• Confused 1

God

renderTimingPixel.png

I want to become a god I'm not talking like animes or anything like that I'm talking in real life I figure with the amount of different supernatural practices there are if used and mixed into one big thing can probably give someone the power to equal or rival a god. I'm not talking like Christianity Jesus I'm talking like supernatural creatures that control a fundamental part of reality you know the original meaning of the word god. Please don't judge me I'm just asking is anyone here have any clues or Waze of this even partially being accomplished where is this site for the more peaceful and tranquil type

• Confused 1

You don't believe me @Earl Grey?

It is true; one wants to be a god <_< and the other was never an empath in the first place.

I believe you--I just can't believe how ridiculous they are to publicly say these things with no understanding whatsoever.

• Thanks 1

Can a Stream-enterer attain Buddhahood in less than a year?

renderTimingPixel.png

This may sound like a silly question, but I really want to be able to do this. My grandma is old and the doctors say that she’s probably not going to be able to last for longer than one and a half years. And I see how she tried to be a Boddhisattva in the past, but yet still haven’t abolished all the negative karmas yet, and hence now she still displays forms of lust and greed, and she can’t study much Buddhism anymore since she can barely remember my name and rarely is able to comprehend things. I think she is a beautiful person and it would break my heart to know that she would be reborn in hell in her next life, so I am really trying hard to attain as much positive karmic fruit to dedicate to her to save her from any potential bad rebirth from happening - just like how a guy tried to save his mom from hell and created the story of July 15th every year. Any advice?

He/she might but the problem is that he/she spends too much time on forums instead of going for it!

Edited by Zork

[practice] Can mantra meditation alone take one to arahantship?

renderTimingPixel.png

Hey everyone, this is a major question that I've had for a while and I feel this is the best place to ask it. I have tried various meditation techniques over the past two years, but never gave mantra meditation a real shot, although I've always been interested in it. Although my highest aspiration is to become an arahant in this life, I'm aware that it is a rather unrealistic goal for me at my current stage of development and thus my real goal is to become a stream entrant/Self-realized being before I die and then upon death hopefully be accepted into Amitabha's Pure Land where I can attain Buddhahood under his guidance. I recently read something from Shinzen Young (who I believe has definitely achieved some level of attainment based on his behavior in his videos) that caused me to doubt the efficacy of mantra meditation. He stated that, "Chanting has a strong shamatha effect, but, as usually practiced, there is little of the vipashyana component; thus its power to bring liberating insight is weak." This causes me to wonder, can it lead one to a state of full enlightenment, and if so, how effective is it compared to other well-known methods? I always refrained from anapanasati because I struggled with extreme breathing difficulties throughout my life and also because I'm aware that the breath eventually disappears at some point of practice so I figured, what's the point. My main practice currently is mentally placing the sound OM (ohnggg) in each of the six spinal centres up and down in equal intervals; this is the main technique of Kriya Yoga and so far I've found it to be extremely effective compared to everything else I've ever tried, by FAR. For instance, sometimes after just 5 minutes of practice, I feel sort of like a baby -- pure, tranquil, and empty. It feels like all my mental projections have been silenced and I'm in a state of effortless flow (noticeably altered perception), which eventually subsides. I used to get similar effects using other practices such as visual concentration practices (Fire Kasina, etc.), but it would take around 45 minutes of practice to elicit that effect, and it would be slightly different. I guess you could say that this is a form of mantra meditation, although it is more involved since you have to mentally place the vibration of the mantra in each physical location of the nervous system. The only problems I have right now with that technique is that it's hard to do (because of how involved it is) and it's hard on my body afterwards, like I'll feel very fatigued and feel like just falling asleep anywhere if I practice for say, 15 minutes,, which is why I have barely been practicing it. I think this is happening because of how rapidly it's reconstructing my nervous system to uphold a state of enlightenment. Anyways, the reason why I'm asking this question is because I want to be able to practice a technique off-cushion, all day, to keep myself busy and progressing. I found noting to be good for this purpose, but to me it requires a lot of active attention, which is hard to generate while you're doing other activities such as interacting with someone. If I ever adapted it, I was thinking of reciting om amitabha hrih or something involving Amitabha's name as I feel it may be able to purify my thoughts and feelings as I recite internally. I appreciate any response. Thank you so much and best wishes to all. :)

Wouldn't it be wonderful if it were so easy?

Alas......

Edited by Zork
  • Confused 1

Reiki is profound...

renderTimingPixel.png

Over the past year I have now transitioned all the way thru Reiki levels 1-master and I must say, this state of being is beyond profound. I have changed so incredibly much over the past year I cannot even begin to explain to you. I was so stuck for a while in my journey and I knew this was coming, I could feel it in my bones, reiki was the next step! However the amount of upheaval, coming together and intensity is just absolutely blowing my mind I was not expecting any of what has transpired. It completely flipped me upside down in all the most uncomfortable amazing ways and wow. Just wow! I just felt compelled to share, trust the process, trust yourself and don’t be afraid to ask for help! Surround yourself with like minded light workers please, trust your intuition and your guides, connect with your authenticity and DON’T be afraid to question yourself. Cheers, I hope you have a damn good day.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Zork said:

Over the past year I have now transitioned all the way thru Reiki levels 1-master and I must say, this state of being is beyond profound

Level 1 to master in one year...

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Earl Grey said:

That is why i chose it to fill the wall. Even if she is that capable, the general tone of the post is coming from a person who is emotionally imbalanced so imho it works against the message the post is trying to convey.

Edited by Zork

1 minute ago, Zork said:

That is why i chose it to fill the wall. Even if she is that capable, the general tone of the post is coming from a person who is emotionally imbalanced so imho it works against the message it is trying to convey.

There's a song with lyrics that characterize her seeming joy of spiritual bliss: 

"Hey smiling strange/you're looking happily deranged"...

Playing with energy makes you high if you're a beginner and can lead to delusions of grandeur until you hit a point when you're on a low, and it's like withdrawal from crack...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Earl Grey said:

Yeah thats a pretty rough timeframe.  Normally that's done in a weekend workshop.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Forwards said:

Yeah thats a pretty rough timeframe.  Normally that's done in a weekend workshop.

Back-to-back with Level 1 and 2 as well...On SKYPE!

Spiritual arrogance and making fun of others

Some people learn a little and now think that other people don't have a chance.

"look at this newbie asking about how to spiritually awaken? hahaha, he's so clueless"

Did the Dao smile at you and not to other people?

People forget they were naive, clueless and unpolished just like that in the beginning.

-For my internet friends

-2Sung

(repost with a better title)

Morons will be morons. When the blind seek advice from the blind the one-eyed must warn both. So a man asking for people who know stuff to just cuddle and hug morons who ask questions like "which is the fastest way to enlightenment?" instead of warning is a greater moron than the others he thinks he protects.

Enlightenment isn't nice because it destroys the ego.

Edited by Zork

Sign in to follow this