-_sometimes

Physical muscular misalignment of head and shoulders is preventing kundalini movement in the head, which is making me feeling extremely slow and dumb

2 hours ago, Pilgrim said:

Sometimes the source of advice is good.

Sometimes it is not good and a lead into something quite different.

The pill of good advice was already given to you to calmly walk away.

Which shall you take? 

I assure you one of the pills leads down a rabbit hole to a place of grand imaginings and pleasant distractions that may not be so pleasant in the end , depending on your make up.  Caution was given for a reason, a compassionate reason not to see others suffer.

I am sorry for your loss... 

• Confused 1

11 hours ago, -_sometimes said:

Each day, shortly after waking up, pressure begins to build in my forehead just above my eyes, and progressively gets worse until the end of the day or until I do something physical like walking, which only helps for the period it lasts, as energy in the face drastically increases once I stop. If I stand still and relax tension in the spine, my feet relax into the inner sole, legs bend inwards, my head is forced upwards, mouth open, and constant 'jerks' of the head to the left. Often there is a need to lift up my arms above my head which allows a little more movement, but I either end up back where I started or with arms above the head, nothing happening.. like so /o\ - always accompanied by incessant jerks of the head to the left side. Always the same. I'm often feeling an urge to keep my mouth open which implies some blockage somewhere too I believe, because the natural state when balanced should be mouth closed, tongue to the roof of mouth right?

This has been a recurring issue for the past year that I might have been able to identify. It appears my shoulder, neck and back muscles are physically misaligned and I simply can't seem to untangle them. No matter how many times I let the body follow the muscular movements, eventually I get stuck in awkward positions where nothing happens, and so I let go of whatever position I have ended up in and start over. By following muscular movements I mean I relax my upper spine to the point where the muscles move of their own accord, hands, shoulders, arms, head.. but it never seems to do anything substantial.. both because my awareness is not penetrating enough to truly allow movement to happen, so it is often mildly assisted, and because too much movement throws off my concentration and it becomes a long and arduous process of moving ever so slightly, stopping and regaining awareness of the whole body, letting go of personal will, then a little more movement and so on.. very difficult, doesn't really get anywhere.

Seems like you're building up qi in the head. Too much thinking, mental stimulation will do that (even thinking about meditation or worrying about symptoms). Since it happens in the morning as you wake up, it seems there is an energetic transmission happening that you are unable to process/are resisting. Do you have any interesting/strange dreams on days when you have this head pressure?

11 hours ago, -_sometimes said:

I constantly feel so much slower than I know I am, difficulty grasping concepts, poor vocabulary recall... but I can think and learn.. it just takes so much longer than it used to. I believe I have 'qi in the head'? I have tried zhan zhuang, but this inevitably leads to either involuntary muscular movement as mentioned above, or I get very light headed and feel physically weak after ten minutes, with increased pressure in the head and feeling worse overall..

Stand, relax and let the qi sink to the belly. 

If you are unable to do this, lie down on your back on a carpet or mat, and release your body slowly to the ground.  You can start with your toes and work your way up to your head. Wherever you put your mind, feel it melting like butter on a hot pan. Melt and evaporate....

Scan from toes to head multiple times, taking your time. Little by little, relax your entire body. You'll feel that your entire body has melted and disappeared. Just stay that way for as long as you can. Do this right before you go to sleep and right after you wake up. 

After you've managed to do this in supine position, you can start doing standing and releasing. Mechanics are a bit different. But whatever you do, don't believe and buy into the BS that zhan zhuang needs to happen with a deep horse stance etc.

• Just feet shoulder width apart, toes parallel to each other, pointing straight ahead.
  • More weight on your heels than the ball of your feet. 
  • Bend your knees slightly.
  • Tuck your chin in slightly, let your gaze go off into a point in the distance...about 30 degrees below the horizontal.
  • Relax your lower back so you feel your tailbone dropping down towards the ground slightly.
  • Release the muscles in your chest...imagine the muscles below your collarbone are slowly sliding down towards your belly-button (like hanging down)
  • Lean your upper torso forward slightly from the hips. If you feel you're straight, you are not. You should feel like your falling foward very slightly. 
  • Breath from your stomach...slowly inhale and exhale. If you stand like this for 3-5 minutes, you'll feel a sinking fluid like sensation towards your belly. Let it slowly pour downward. 
  • Rest your mind lightly on the belly region just like you would rest your palm on a table top. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jeff said:

I am sorry for your loss... 

There has been no loss...

There was never anything to be gained. 

You seem to be rather oblivious to how the entertainment you engage in with others in is not always positive for others but have long lasting and negative repercussions and side effects.

Why do you collect people into your cult? Do you not yet realize all you are doing is playing with bio-energy which does not respect space nor boundaries and that it has a component to it that is psycho reactive and can cause people both mental and emotional harm, do you not see you are caught in an intellectual trap? 

Free yourself Jeff and all those you have collected.

To be clear this is the definition of the word cult being used: 

In modern English, a cult is a social group that is defined by its unusual religious, spiritual, or philosophical beliefs, or by its common interest in a particular personality, object or goal.

Edited by Pilgrim
  • Like 3

Recently someone shared this with me and I think it is good for people to watch and get a clue as to what is going on with allot of energy related and presence sharing type stuff.

• Like 2

We are a very heady society, starting with attention on the lower dantian is the most grounding remedy IMO. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Pilgrim said:

You seem to be rather oblivious to how the entertainment you engage in with others in is not always positive for others but have long lasting and negative repercussions and side effects.

Why do you collect people into your cult? Do you not yet realize all you are doing is playing with bio-energy which does not respect space nor boundaries and that it has a component to it that is psycho reactive and can cause people both mental and emotional harm, do you not see you are caught in an intellectual trap? 

In modern English, a cult is a social group that is defined by its unusual religious, spiritual, or philosophical beliefs, or by its common interest in a particular personality, object or goal.

Thank you for sharing your opinion. Good to know where you stand. :) 

• Like 1

There is a group that anyone having long lasting repercussions or side effects can join by invitation called “Jeff’s collateral damage”. 

1 hour ago, Jeff said:

Thank you for sharing your opinion. Good to know where you stand. :) 

You may think you know where I stand but you do not, this is not another round of the world versus Jeff and his group.

Rather I hope you will take some time and really look at what it is that you are doing and have been for some years now.

To be clear I believe you are trapped and can not see it.  When you do then you will know where I stand. 

46 minutes ago, Bindi said:

There is a group that anyone having long lasting repercussions or side effects can join by invitation called “Jeff’s collateral damage”. 

why is jeff problematic? He has only tried to help so far?

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, Bindi said:

Hi Bindi I have forgotten are you one of the cult of Jeff members? 

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Pilgrim said:

Hi Bindi I have forgotten are you one of the cult of Jeff members? 

Ha! No, though I am a member of the “Jeff’s collateral damage” group which was somewhat enlightening. 

• Haha 2

30 minutes ago, Bindi said:

Ha! No, though I am a member of the “Jeff’s collateral damage” group which was somewhat enlightening. 

Lol I seemed to remember you were not but was not sure.

Are you pulling my leg there is really such a thing as the  “Jeff’s collateral damage” group?

28 minutes ago, Pilgrim said:

Lol I seemed to remember you were not but was not sure.

Are you pulling my leg there is really such a thing as the  “Jeff’s collateral damage” group?

There really is, and it really is quite helpful if you’re being given the runaround by Jeff or his group in terms of what is your stuff and what he is responsible for, especially when it comes to the sexual interactions and his verbal manipulation. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, -_sometimes said:

why is jeff problematic? He has only tried to help so far.

Edited by Bindi

1 hour ago, -_sometimes said:

Let me see if I can answer this correctly. Jeff stems from a branch that started at the AYP site years ago when Yogani was helping allot of people discover Yoga and some were getting openings and siddhis prematurely and like children were playing with fire.

There was also the human element of extreme drama with the administration of that site as tends in my experience to be the case with all sites. Our mutual mentor was an administrator on that site and an in person as far as that goes.

This is where the mental games and childishness kick in clans and clicks and cults. Very childish and the children had been handed fire to play with so they tended to burn down their own relationships not having anyone to truly guide them.

What is the fire? Well some develop the ability to recognize that which already is and when they meet someone else who is waking up they say me too and before you know it they are connecting energetically and often with poor manners and a mind that is not mature enough to have such a relationship to begin with which can be an intimacy beyond what most people are even comfortable with on the physical daily relationship side of things. 

Divorce is the breakdown of a relationship this can be just as bad if not worse because when we connect to others strongly through the life force which is the background of reality it gets really emotional and personal on levels the subconscious rebels at.

We all experience our lives to the degree we are capable of and it is always a flawed interpertation we can cope with as the reality of it all is too immense to grasp until we mature and gaining abilities is not being fully mature it is only a collection of tools and senses we need to experience the totality in a permanent way.

Allot of folks are able to do allot of things before they are mature who among us will argue that when we entered puberty so long ago we were ready to make good parents? Just because you can does not mean you should and often it is the most immature that convince themselves they are ready and or at a level of development which has more to do with fantasy than a factual self assessment.   

He and I both shared the same mentor at different times.

She and I had had a great deal of difficulty we really messed up each others lives and caused each other allot of pain for a period of a couple of months and things ended horribly with very hurt feelings.

You see I knew I did not know what I was doing connecting on an energetic level with someone who I thought could teach me more, I thought I had found someone who could  but in actuality did not know any more than I did. 

I think this is also a good point to make those who are and can make good teachers for us do not visit the grade-schools to interact with children on an potentially hard for us to accept level anymore than an adult overexposes a child to the world but rather protects them and allows them to grow.

If anyone is offering to connect I say no thank you because you are a child an adult a spiritually mature being would not play games like this.

She and Jeff had their private difficulties as well and there are others who have as well with Jeff.

I have never had a difficulty or a negative experience with Jeff.

After what I experienced with our mutual mentor I was pretty much burned out on this sort of thing. 

I do however wish he would be much more cautious with people,  their are more than one  who have been hurt badly and I would have thought one would be sufficient and if it were to be said I have a problem with Jeff it is that I am disappointed in someone I truly like continuing on with this cult which I believe is a dead end of a mixture of Bio Energy or the life force underpinning all things we all tap and allot of made up stuff from a huge cult personality making a framework of intellectualism that is trapping not only Jeff but those around him from further development and maturity by holding onto those structures.

I learned my lesson with this stuff and I wish Jeff would as well instead of continuing with it as it is a dead end tat leads to nowhere save allot of intellectual traps.

I always looked at it like Jeff was opening to new worlds and stretching his wings. Unfortunately with Jeff their is no real sense of caution and he tends towards great curiosity or at-least he used to and did not know enough to be cautious and later seems to not have grown into or matured to a point of being cautious instead telling people it is their own obstructions they are running into and not him.

Well sometimes it is better not to tamper with people and let them work out their own obstruction and obscurations in their own way in their own time naturally rather than to set the seen for faster unfoldment than they are ready for.

Jeff is in my thoughts someone who is very sincere, intelligent, charismatic and honestly worthy of respect. I like Jeff,  always have we shared some minor amount of time together years ago and it was not bad but I could also see where it was heading and it was not for me.

So lets summarize a few things shall we?

Their is a life force call it prana, call it Bio energy or whatever you like we are indeed all expressions of it.

We are each the same and unique at the same time some of us learn how to use this as the medium either consciously knowing we are doing it or unconsciously.

This energy can and does advent at the level of the physical over any distance you wish to conceive of to this medium distance is revealed as a grand illusion.

This energy is alive and touches all aspects of our being the mind, the emotions the subconscious, the stored issues we all have and our relative grasping to what we believe is our identity.

When this energy is excited by contact with others we are effected deeply on many levels and beyond that things speed up not only in our personal evolution but in the physical as well. 

I think I have yet to truly meet anyone possessing the level of maturity or responsibility of an advanced spiritual adult that this would be beneficial  to be in contact with in such an intimate and profound manner.

If Jeff appeals to you as a teacher and a potential guru that is for the individual to decide just be aware even if he is ready and you feel good from being in his space you may not be ready for what comes of what I have done my best to explain.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Bindi said:

There really is, and it really is quite helpful if you’re being given the runaround by Jeff or his group in terms of what is your stuff and what he is responsible for, especially when it comes to the sexual interactions and his verbal manipulation. 

It is unfortunate but what you have written has been the truth and I truly believe he is so trapped he can not see it.  I really do not believe it is intentional and I really do believe his followers have found a way of interacting that suits them but it is still a trap.

• Like 4

The OP asked some basic questions and the thread is derailed to a discussion about Jeff. Talk about short attention spans!!

Take it somewhere else via a ppd or new thread!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ralis said:

The OP asked some basic questions and the thread is derailed to a discussion about Jeff. Talk about short attention spans!!

Take it somewhere else via a ppd or new thread!

Edit sorry meant the person asking is getting what he asked for. 

Edited by Pilgrim
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Pilgrim said:

Edit sorry meant the person asking is getting what he asked for. 

Could you elaborate on that?

Just now, ralis said:

Could you elaborate on that?

Member Sometimes wanted to know why Jeff was problematic.

So he was told how it has been for others and I shared how it was for me with someone else (not Jeff)  to give  framework of restraint and why it is warranted.  Whatever he does now he does knowing their is a potential for more than he bargained on.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pilgrim said:

Member Sometimes wanted to know why Jeff was problematic.

So he was told how it has been for others and I shared how it was for me with someone else (not Jeff)  to give  framework of restraint and why it is warranted.  Whatever he does now he does knowing their is a potential for more than he bargained on.

It was contextual and you are doing what you feel is good for "sometimes" and other newbies. Kudos!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, -_sometimes said:

Because I have done actual remote energy work with hundreds of people. If you read my personal section you will see my explanations.  These kinds of comments have been going on for years.

Also, I have never been an AYP practioner, though I am very familiar with the system and issues around it.  I have commented many times on problems/concerns with it, and openly debated Yogani on the topic.

My initial background was more mystical Christianity, and I have hundreds of posts on the topic here at the bums. But now is more of a blend of Taoism, Kashmir Shaivism & Mystical Christianity, and I have 1000s of posts on my system/approach and the issues around it.

Edited by Jeff
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, -_sometimes said:

Hi,

It's a bit unfortunate that when you asked for help your thread got turned into a pro/anti Jeff argument.

DaoBums is an open forum and on these issues there is no orthodox view - so people post from their own perspective and what they believe to be true.  Jeff does remote energy work and some people say they have benefited and others say it is harmful.  You've had the offer from Jeff and the warnings from others - so I guess you'll have to make up your own mind about this.  Overall trust your own sense and intuition and you won't go far wrong.

• Like 7

28 minutes ago, Apech said:

Hi,

It's a bit unfortunate that when you asked for help your thread got turned into a pro/anti Jeff argument.

DaoBums is an open forum and on these issues there is no orthodox view - so people post from their own perspective and what they believe to be true.  Jeff does remote energy work and some people say they have benefited and others say it is harmful.  You've had the offer from Jeff and the warnings from others - so I guess you'll have to make up your own mind about this.  Overall trust your own sense and intuition and you won't go far wrong.

"The choice between coke or pepsi, but nobody ever said you could ask for water or pass on a drink altogether!"

• Like 6

A whole lot of advice!

There was only a couple of pieces of advice that were actually helpful. Most of it harmful!

One of my main teachers was someone who treated serious Qi deviations for hundreds if not thousands of people.

But the initial process is always the same:

Stop all energy work.

Zhang Zhuang is energy work.

Sinking Qi is energy work.

Concentrating on your feet or dantien is energy work.

Breath regulation is energy work.

Turning your awareness inside is energy work.

Letting go and allowing your body to move as it wishes is certainly energy work.

All of that needs to stop straight away. For a long time (at least 6 months)

What you should do is exactly the opposite - focus outside of yourself... exercise - like running, bodyweight exercises, joint rotations etc. Someone mentioned dancing - very good idea - maybe not right away, but after a couple of weeks of stopping all energy work, it would be a great idea to do partner dancing - but not 'spontaneous' dancing - dancing with other people, following dance steps.

Meet with friends, socialise, get outside, do some volunteering, work etc...

The main point is to 1) stop all internal work. 2) start 'external' work (physical exercise, manual labour etc) 3) get out of your head and socialise or spend time with others - your focus should be outside of yourself and preferably on other people. 4) After a while you can work on your issues physically - do joint rotations, rehab type exercises etc - plenty of stuff online - just don't get into energetics or anything involving moving your attention inside.

After 6 months you might be able to restart with training, but follow a clear and established system - not your own or another's mixture.

don't get energy healings or reiki or anything like that.

That's my advice :)

• Like 7