cobwebby

Introduction

Hello my name is Marc, I am 30 years old and I reside in The Netherlands.

I am a self realised person and I strife to complete myself in this embodyment 

From as early as I can remember i've always had a sense of purpose and a feeling of uniqueness. I was not brought up religiously yet the true nature of creation, God's Dream has found resonance within my Soul. Or as I understand most know it here as the Dantien.

I have faced tremendous adversary and hardships in my life, some imposed upon me by society under guise of teaching how to 'be', by fellow man trying to manupulate me or even by self imposed wrongdoings. These experieces have thought me valuable life lessons. That in turn I can share with my friends, so that they might be spared the pain of wrongdoings and hard knock lessons of life.

By no means am I perfect yet in my actions and thoughts, yet I strife to be perfect in every moment of the day.

I have read and have studied most, if not al books of wisdom that have caught my attention. In my experience books, people or information in general are attracted into ones life to better make sense of creation and only serves as aide in our perception therof. Truth is ever evolving and never stagnant. By no means should we look external as mote of being.

As God said unto Man: "Everything you need is allready within yourself. When you are balanced within, I am with you."

Apart from my spiritual inclinations, I have a passion for growing plants, childrearing, animals and gathering and sharing wisdom. 

Currently I am doing dantien meditation by my own methode. It is similar to John Chang's level 1 and 2 methode and Japanese Hara meditation. I cannot assertain how full my dantien currently is. By my estimate I am near 15% of level 1.

In my down time, I like to see movies and shows, do boardgames, go mountainbiking, and I play the ocasional videogame.

I hope to connect with people with similar interests, I hope to learn and share and perhaps meet people.

See you around!

Marc

Edited by cobwebby
Typos
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, cobwebby said:

urrently I am doing dantien meditation by my own methode. It is similar to John Chang's level 1 and 2 methode and Japanese Hara meditation. I cannot assertain how full my dantien currently is. By my estimate I am near 15% of level 1.

It's not a good idea to do LDT as a beginner and measure your progress by conjecture, for health reasons and for development. At best, you'll get nothing, at worst, you can seriously harm yourself without the guidance of a qualified teacher from an established system. 

12 hours ago, cobwebby said:

From as early as I can remember i've always had a sense of purpose and a feeling of uniqueness. I was not brought up religiously yet the true nature of creation, God's Dream has found resonance within my Soul. Or as I understand most know it here as the Dantien.

I have faced tremendous adversary and hardships in my life, some imposed upon me by society under guise of teaching how to 'be', by fellow man trying to manupulate me or even by self imposed wrongdoings. These experieces have thought me valuable life lessons. That in turn I can share with my friends, so that they might be spared the pain of wrongdoings and hard knock lessons of life.

By no means am I perfect yet in my actions and thoughts, yet I strife to be perfect in every moment of the day.

I have read and have studied most, if not al books of wisdom that have caught my attention. In my experience books, people or information in general are attracted into ones life to better make sense of creation and only serves as aide in our perception therof. Truth is ever evolving and never stagnant. By no means should we look external as mote of being.

As God said unto Man: "Everything you need is allready within yourself. When you are balanced within, I am with you."

Apart from my spiritual inclinations, I have a passion for growing plants, childrearing, animals and gathering and sharing wisdom. 

Currently I am doing dantien meditation by my own methode. It is similar to John Chang's level 1 and 2 methode and Japanese Hara meditation. I cannot assertain how full my dantien currently is. By my estimate I am near 15% of level 1.

In my down time, I like to see movies and shows, do boardgames, go mountainbiking, and I play the ocasional videogame.

I hope to connect with people with similar interests, I hope to learn and share and perhaps meet people.

See you around!

Marc

This can sometimes be a rough and tumble site, especially for people "doing their own thing".  Do not take it personally! There are a lot of highly qualified people here but, many of them tend to be very opinionated. Yet, their hearts are in the right place. Sometimes newcomers think, that experienced spiritual seekers are all understanding of your wants, not true! Keep an open and gentle mind and you will learn a great deal here.  Explore all over this site. Demand respect but, be gentle about it!

The person who knows a lot, is the active seeker that understands, that in the whole scheme of things, they know very little.  Take care and be well.

Edited by moment
  • Like 4

10 hours ago, Earl Grey said:

It's not a good idea to do LDT as a beginner and measure your progress by conjecture, for health reasons and for development. At best, you'll get nothing, at worst, you can seriously harm yourself without the guidance of a qualified teacher from an established system. 

On what do you base this? In my understanding we should all strife to self actualization. At one point all the information comes from within. 

I do understand that at different stages of development different things are warrented. A novice would need a teacher. There is no possible way that I can inflict harm on my self whilst filling my dantien with chi.

The only harm that could arise is by the misuse of my energy and the effects of my actions in day to day life with more energy than before. Hence greater karmic retribution.

Edited by cobwebby
Error
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, moment said:

This can sometimes be a rough and tumble site, especially for people "doing their own thing".  Do not take it personally! There are a lot of highly qualified people here but, many of them tend to be very opinionated. Yet, their hearts are in the right place. Sometimes newcomers think, that experienced spiritual seekers are all understanding of your wants, not true! Keep an open and gentle mind and you will learn a great deal here.  Explore all over this site. Demand respect but, be gentle about it!

The person who knows a lot, is the active seeker that understands, that in the whole scheme of things, they know very little.  Take care and be well.

Thank you for your explanation and advise. It is very welcome. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, cobwebby said:

On what do you base this? In my understanding we should all strife to self actualization. At one point all the information comes from within. 

Having studied under several lineages and also having a thread here specifically on qi deviations, especially as beginners, who do not have the proper mind/body development, can burn themselves.

9 minutes ago, cobwebby said:

I do understand that at different stages of development different things are warrented. A novice would need a teacher. There is no possible way that I can inflict harm on my self whilst filling my dantien with chi.

But you are not filling your dantian with qi by sitting and focusing on it at this early stage of practice. At best you achieve nothing, at worst you harm yourself for future practice if you ever do have the ability to learn and practice properly.

11 minutes ago, cobwebby said:

The only harm that could arise is by the misuse of my energy and the effects of my actions in day to day life with more energy than before. Hence greater karmic retribution.

On what basis do you make this assessment? Have you any background in TCM or internal arts? It's not a spiritual practice or wishful thinking, it's a methodology and very technical when you have the right instruction and guidance. You're literally learning to breathe, move, talk with the vocabulary for the neigong, and think in not just a paradigm with elements that appear esoteric, but one that has professional and technical semantics that characterize the how rather than the why.

• Like 1

Dear EarlGrey I think you are not taking my words for true. I do not need your guidance. I have found my own methods to be more effective and efficient than stagnated teachings. I mean no offence.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, cobwebby said:

Dear EarlGrey I think you are not taking my words for true. I do not need your guidance. I have found my own methods to be more effective and efficient than stagnated teachings. I mean no offence.

Your words are true insofar as you are concerned, and I am not offering you my guidance, for I do not give guidance without tuition and I am not interested in teaching you either. I do not take your words for true either, especially when one claims to be self-realized.  

I am only advising caution because of the harm that many have suffered from self-initiation and self-assessment, and that "stagnated teachings" is a characterization usually made by people whose understanding of information they have is both poor and often from sources that are rarely with complete and correct information. 

I mean no offense either, as I'm only giving an informed opinion, which, like any opinion, is one people ignore or consider. 

Enjoy your time here. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Earl Grey said:

Your words are true insofar as you are concerned, and I am not offering you my guidance, for I do not give guidance without tuition and I am not interested in teaching you either. I do not take your words for true either, especially when one claims to be self-realized.  

I am only advising caution because of the harm that many have suffered from self-initiation and self-assessment, and that "stagnated teachings" is a characterization usually made by people whose understanding of information they have is both poor and often from sources that are rarely with complete and correct information. 

I mean no offense either, as I'm only giving an informed opinion, which, like any opinion, is one people ignore or consider. 

Enjoy your time here. 

Thank you and I hope you enjoy it aswell. Take care.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, cobwebby said:

See you around!

Marc

I too love rearing my plants and my children/grandchidren.  What type of both do you grow?

On 15-12-2019 at 3:15 PM, moment said:

I too love rearing my plants and my children/grandchidren.  What type of both do you grow?

I do not have many outdoorplants left as it is winter here. Although my appartment is full with greenery. :) I love strawberries, blackberries, kale, spinach, potato's, cherry tomato and regular tomato's. Also I plant sunflowers yearly. At my peak i had 100+ stawberrie plants.

I used to have a plot of land. I moved and currently I do what I can in my appartement and balcony. When an oppurtunity arises I will plant in the soil again.

What do you like to plant? 

• Like 5

On 12/17/2019 at 9:12 AM, cobwebby said:

I do not have many outdoorplants left as it is winter here. Although my appartment is full with greenery. :) I love strawberries, blackberries, kale, spinach, potato's, cherry tomato and regular tomato's. Also I plant sunflowers yearly. At my peak i had 100+ stawberrie plants.

I used to have a plot of land. I moved and currently I do what I can in my appartement and balcony. When an oppurtunity arises I will plant in the soil again.

What do you like to plant? 

I am sorry I took so long to respond, tis the season, ho ho ho, etc, etc.. 

It has been a long time since I grew strawberries (luscious).  I stopped growing blackberries because, they are very persistent in trying to take over. Plus, I can find them almost anywhere here in Western Washington.  I currently grow asparagus, kale, spinach, cherry tomatoes,  lettuce and some summer squashes.  I also oversee some wild patches (in the woods, mostly public property) American ginseng, goldenseal and truffles.

I have been thinking about planting sunflowers for a long time now, just never got around to it but, I think it would be fun.  Do you have any advice?  

Take care, moment/Jim

Edited by moment
  • Like 2

On 12/15/2019 at 4:15 AM, cobwebby said:

take it from me, as someone who's bumped heads with many in this forum with fairly indoctrinated minds. And someone who's had conflict with Earl Grey. As i'm sure you may have already seen.

I agree with your self actualization and that true answers lie within. based on reading your op, i feel like i relate quite a bit also since a young age.

But i will say you don't necessarily have to listen to Earl Grey's guidance. Listen to your own guidance. But let your guidance discern what he's saying, because it comes from a good place no matter how he may come off. at least, in the case of energy work.

If what you believe you have inside is real, then you should be fine, as it will protect you on your journey. But do avoid, unnecessary hardships that may be produced due to being identified by this thing inside. Which can then turn into ego, and as a result unconsciously creating situations of self sabotage. Because ego will always exist, and is what gives us the opportunity to identify that consciousness that it seems that you have.

Just listen and appreciate what is advised for now, since you're fairly new. Based on what you're saying, i can also see potential energy issues based on what i can interpret. You just need to tweak your approach slightly. i promise I've gone through this. As good or as talented i thought i was at manifestation and energy work, i made the mistake of letting others' egoic energy enter, and as a result lose temporarily what I had found inside early in the year.

If you see the same indoctrinated patterns in some, listen and discern only what they say. don't judge. For they don't know what you see. And yet, they can still give good advice.

Just as we may have been treated or seen a certain way by the masses. if we judge in them in the same manner, we're no better. And that's the mistake i made. It disallows us from continuing to pursue a light path.

Use the information and precautions that already exist. And you be the one to discern what to do once you put in the time to try it.

Follow a known path for now.

If you happen to read anything from myself back then, the only reason I didn't follow a traditional path in energy work, is because i had a lot of physical trauma that there is just no way for me to have been able to work with it. And that's where the whole God thing comes in. He/She/They will assist us and protect us. But there's a point where we may fall into a trap of ego. And that's what makes Bozos keep people like us silent. Because in the short term, we will always be wrong and make mistakes because we see many things differently. because we currently live in a short term world.

Follow a path. Ask questions, be curious. I would even say don't know anything, just learn for now.

If you say you have what you have, you'll develop rapidly nonetheless and possibly find even deeper insight, previously unknown. People like us are in the long term, no matter how short term we wish it were. It's in our purpose or genetics.

Apologies for this TDLR post. But i hope it will help you avoid the pitfalls. even if we can survive them. Trust me, they suck real real bad. No matter how much i may feel that they accelerate the learning. They suck so bad, i'd rather have taken a bit longer or put aside my ego, than fall into them.

And btw, you don't necessarily need to start with something like Mopai. As you stated all answers are within. Choose a more complete path with the right precautions. You'll still be able to reach high levels of ability. And you can always transition out if you want too.

Learn like this, but don't silence God's voice that will help you make the discernment you need. I know the feeling of not wanting to sacrifice our ability to find answers in ways others could only imagine. You don't need to choose, just do both.

Best wishes my friend

Edited by welkin
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/15/2019 at 2:15 PM, cobwebby said:

Cobweb, there are certain characters on this site you should ignore, EarlGrey and Freeform are some of them. They're little men with inferiority complexes, and as such try to impose their wills on other on this site. Just ignore them. I'm actually an Afrikaner moving to the Netherlands in a little over a year, so if you ever need to talk let me know bud. There is actually an abundance of Daoism in the Southern regions of your country if you ever feel like checking it out.

Take Welkin's advice, as well as that of Gendao, and especially Zhongyongdaoist, they are all mature, open-minded individuals and will try their best not to impose any dogma on you. Good luck man.

Edited by Boerewors
  • Haha 6
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Boerewors said:

Cobweb, there are certain character on this site you should ignore, EarlGrey and Freeform are some of them. They're little men with inferiority complexes, and as such try to impose their wills on other on this site. Just ignore them. I'm actually an Afrikaner moving to the Netherlands in a little over a year, so if you ever need to talk let me know bud. There is actually an abundance of Daoism in the Southern regions of your country if you ever feel like checking it out.

Take Welkin's advice, as well as that of Gendao, and especially Zhongyongdaoist, they are all mature, open-minded individuals and will try their best not to impose any dogma on you. Good luck man.

Don't hate me 'cuz I'm beautiful. ;) 

• Haha 1

On 20-12-2019 at 10:29 AM, moment said:

I am sorry I took so long to respond, tis the season, ho ho ho, etc, etc.. 

It has been a long time since I grew strawberries (luscious).  I stopped growing blackberries because, they are very persistent in trying to take over. Plus, I can find them almost anywhere here in Western Washington.  I currently grow asparagus, kale, spinach, cherry tomatoes,  lettuce and some summer squashes.  I also oversee some wild patches (in the woods, mostly public property) American ginseng, goldenseal and truffles.

I have been thinking about planting sunflowers for a long time now, just never got around to it but, I think it would be fun.  Do you have any advice?  

Take care, moment/Jim

No worries mate. I know how things tend to go. I am gratefull you have found time to reply and I enjoy your way of approaching me.

It sounds like you are very intune with nature. :) One advise comes to mind. Start early with seeding sunflower seeds indoor, like 1 month before you would normally be seeding outdoor. Try to seed more seeds that you need and keep only the healthiest ones. Do not use fertilizers, it is a common misconception. Plants do not like it, it burns the roots.

Coincidentially, as of today I have aqcuired a plot of land, 100 m2. I am back, baby! I will share pictures come spring.

Have you ever heard of the collective works of an Russian author, Vladimir Megre? I have a gut feeling it is in your field of interest.

Take care mate!

• Like 1

On 20-12-2019 at 11:35 PM, welkin said:

take it from me, as someone who's bumped heads with many in this forum with fairly indoctrinated minds. And someone who's had conflict with Earl Grey. As i'm sure you may have already seen.

I agree with your self actualization and that true answers lie within. based on reading your op, i feel like i relate quite a bit also since a young age.

But i will say you don't necessarily have to listen to Earl Grey's guidance. Listen to your own guidance. But let your guidance discern what he's saying, because it comes from a good place no matter how he may come off. at least, in the case of energy work.

If what you believe you have inside is real, then you should be fine, as it will protect you on your journey. But do avoid, unnecessary hardships that may be produced due to being identified by this thing inside. Which can then turn into ego, and as a result unconsciously creating situations of self sabotage. Because ego will always exist, and is what gives us the opportunity to identify that consciousness that it seems that you have.

Just listen and appreciate what is advised for now, since you're fairly new. Based on what you're saying, i can also see potential energy issues based on what i can interpret. You just need to tweak your approach slightly. i promise I've gone through this. As good or as talented i thought i was at manifestation and energy work, i made the mistake of letting others' egoic energy enter, and as a result lose temporarily what I had found inside early in the year.

If you see the same indoctrinated patterns in some, listen and discern only what they say. don't judge. For they don't know what you see. And yet, they can still give good advice.

Just as we may have been treated or seen a certain way by the masses. if we judge in them in the same manner, we're no better. And that's the mistake i made. It disallows us from continuing to pursue a light path.

Use the information and precautions that already exist. And you be the one to discern what to do once you put in the time to try it.

Follow a known path for now.

If you happen to read anything from myself back then, the only reason I didn't follow a traditional path in energy work, is because i had a lot of physical trauma that there is just no way for me to have been able to work with it. And that's where the whole God thing comes in. He/She/They will assist us and protect us. But there's a point where we may fall into a trap of ego. And that's what makes Bozos keep people like us silent. Because in the short term, we will always be wrong and make mistakes because we see many things differently. because we currently live in a short term world.

Follow a path. Ask questions, be curious. I would even say don't know anything, just learn for now.

If you say you have what you have, you'll develop rapidly nonetheless and possibly find even deeper insight, previously unknown. People like us are in the long term, no matter how short term we wish it were. It's in our purpose or genetics.

Apologies for this TDLR post. But i hope it will help you avoid the pitfalls. even if we can survive them. Trust me, they suck real real bad. No matter how much i may feel that they accelerate the learning. They suck so bad, i'd rather have taken a bit longer or put aside my ego, than fall into them.

And btw, you don't necessarily need to start with something like Mopai. As you stated all answers are within. Choose a more complete path with the right precautions. You'll still be able to reach high levels of ability. And you can always transition out if you want too.

Learn like this, but don't silence God's voice that will help you make the discernment you need. I know the feeling of not wanting to sacrifice our ability to find answers in ways others could only imagine. You don't need to choose, just do both.

Best wishes my friend

Thank you for your detailed message. I know what you are referring to. And i feel your struggles and learned lessons in that regard. In my experience everyone is conditioned in life. And there are two types of people those stuck in the rat race of life and those that are actively freeing themselves from dogmas. The latter hopefully understands the battle of ideas that is taking place. The one that reveals dogmas is often seen as the agressor where in reality it is the other way around. Everyone is at a different stage of their purification, in my experience it helps to have compassion and understanding of their conditions. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, cobwebby said:

No worries mate. I know how things tend to go. I am gratefull you have found time to reply and I enjoy your way of approaching me.

It sounds like you are very intune with nature. :) One advise comes to mind. Start early with seeding sunflower seeds indoor, like 1 month before you would normally be seeding outdoor. Try to seed more seeds that you need and keep only the healthiest ones. Do not use fertilizers, it is a common misconception. Plants do not like it, it burns the roots.

Coincidentially, as of today I have aqcuired a plot of land, 100 m2. I am back, baby! I will share pictures come spring.

Have you ever heard of the collective works of an Russian author, Vladimir Megre? I have a gut feeling it is in your field of interest.

Take care mate!

Thank you for the advice. Good to hear about your plot.  Very cool! No, I haven''t heard of Vladimir Megre. I wiil check him out! 

Thank you!

Be well.

Edited by moment

On 21-12-2019 at 8:45 AM, GSmaster said:

Maybe I will say something shocking, but feeling of uniqueness is not unique at all.

It is a function of a human ego. By feeling Unique you are exactly the same as 99.999% of humans out there.

It is and people should own it. Life it! 

Life is hard for everyone even for people living in golden castles. That is the perception of life by an Ego.

It is because of life choices and cause and effect. Also ego is not a bad thing, it empowers. Without it we are a collective entity. God gave us free wil for a reason. Dont be a sheep.

Real valuable stuff will never be shared in books with common people.

All valuable stuff is shared freely and widely. Secret teachings are only secret because the ones who know of it do not want to share and keep the power for themselves. 

What does that suppose to mean? How did you calculate the % of filling something that has no space and no limits.

Not even a level 2b, at which JC followers, can do literally nothing? How long and how much do you practice this for?

The dantien is not without bounds. At one point is has matured. And one can travel the universe with it. The dantien is our Soul. When matured one can begin to develop the immortal body. The body of the Mind.

• Like 1

On 21-12-2019 at 8:52 AM, Boerewors said:

Cobweb, there are certain characters on this site you should ignore, EarlGrey and Freeform are some of them. They're little men with inferiority complexes, and as such try to impose their wills on other on this site. Just ignore them. I'm actually an Afrikaner moving to the Netherlands in a little over a year, so if you ever need to talk let me know bud. There is actually an abundance of Daoism in the Southern regions of your country if you ever feel like checking it out.

Thank you!

Were will you live in the netherlands? 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, moment said:

Thank you for the advice. Good to hear about your plot.  Very cool! No, I haven''t.  I will check into Vladimir Megre. Thank you!

Be well.

If you want I can send you his books in pdf. I have them digitally. If you are interested you could pm me. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, cobwebby said:

Thank you for your detailed message. I know what you are referring to. And i feel your struggles and learned lessons in that regard. In my experience everyone is conditioned in life. And there are two types of people those stuck in the rat race of life and those that are actively freeing themselves from dogmas. The latter hopefully understands the battle of ideas that is taking place. The one that reveals dogmas is often seen as the agressor where in reality it is the other way around. Everyone is at a different stage of their purification, in my experience it helps to have compassion and understanding of their conditions. 

9 hours ago, cobwebby said:

It is and people should own it. Life it! 

It is because of life choices and cause and effect. Also ego is not a bad thing, it empowers. Without it we are a collective entity. God gave us free wil for a reason. Dont be a sheep.

All valuable stuff is shared freely and widely. Secret teachings are only secret because the ones who know of it do not want to share and keep the power for themselves. 

The dantien is not without bounds. At one point is has matured. And one can travel the universe with it. The dantien is our Soul. When matured one can begin to develop the immortal body. The body of the Mind.

Besides the fact you've just created a false dichotomy with rat race people and those fleeing from dogma, you're making up your own system, and like all systems, old and new, must pass not just the test of skill, but the test of reasoning and logic. So far, it demonstrates that it passes neither. 

Those who study old traditions and with teachers do not necessarily subscribe to dogma just as much as people who are self-taught are not immune to dogma. Those who study with teachers are often working based off of consistent observations and data, like mathematics and the sciences, and can challenge dogma with its own information. Those who don't study with teachers are not necessarily going to make Lorenzo's Oil, and they are simply substituting the perceived external dogmas of tradition and teachers for the dogma of self-importance and self-entitlement. 

The Dantian as you describe it is also not consistent with both historical descriptions or observations, nor does it demonstrate even a basic understanding of TCM. 

Edited by Earl Grey
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, cobwebby said:

All valuable stuff is shared freely and widely. Secret teachings are only secret because the ones who know of it do not want to share and keep the power for themselves

Do you share loaded assault rifles freely with people you meet on the street?

Some masters are like the way you describe but most try to keep these secret because they are dangerous to both the wielder and the others near him.

• Like 4