Sign in to follow this  
Cameron

Instructions for zazen

Very cool! I just read this site yesterday. I've been feeling an urge to spend a weekend or a week at a silent retreat to get away from the grind. I was checking out this center. Anyone have any experience with this group?

I did the Introduction to Zen training weekend many years ago.

This is definetly the best Zen group I have known. If I was going to seriously take up Zen practice I would study with this teacher.

If you haven't read it pick up his book The Eight Gates of Zen. The best intro to Zen for western students imo.

Very cool! I just read this site yesterday. I've been feeling an urge to spend a weekend or a week at a silent retreat to get away from the grind. I was checking out this center. Anyone have any experience with this group?

Funny, this is the practice that I started with when I first began meditating, same exact page Cam posted, the pdf at the bottom. Just sent it to a friend the other day too.

A friend of mine did at least one retreat there. He really got a lot out of it. The teacher he had was awesome and based on what he told me about his experience with him, the real deal. Had to get up real early in the AM though and lots of work, meditation, and structure.

Best,

Matt

Sign in to follow this