Boerewors

Some more advice needed on practice

My practice advice?  

(1) Don´t fight with Earl Grey.  Ditto for Freeform.  You don´t have to take everything they say as gospel or choose to follow their path.  I don´t.  Freeform has explained at length and with great passion why males shouldn´t engage in a certain practice that shall go unnamed, but do I listen?  I do not.  But I don´t challenge him either.  Believe it or not, both of these Bums are disciplined, knowledgeable, practiced, and helpful.  Warring with people on the internet is a big distraction from your practice.

(2) Cultivate humility.

(3) Embrace boredom.  There´s no need to chase after alledged high-power practices.  Often it´s the simple things, so often overlooked, that turn out to be the most potent.  You won´t always recognize the magic when it´s happening.  Sometimes you´ll be bored doing the same basic practice for the uumpteenth time and won´t know till later how deeply it´s transforming you.  

• Like 11
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, liminal_luke said:

My practice advice?  

(1) Don´t fight with Earl Grey.  Ditto for Freeform.  You don´t have to take everything they say as gospel or choose to follow their path.  I don´t.  Freeform has explained at length and with great passion why males shouldn´t engage in a certain practice that shall go unnamed, but do I listen?  I do not.  But I don´t challenge him either.  Believe it or not, both of these Bums are disciplined, knowledgeable, practiced, and helpful.  Warring with people on the internet is a big distraction from your practice.

(2) Cultivate humility.

(3) Embrace boredom.  There´s no need to chase after alledged high-power practices.  Often it´s the simple things, so often overlooked, that turn out to be the most potent.  You won´t always recognize the magic when it´s happening.  Sometimes you´ll be bored doing the same basic practice for the uumpteenth time and won´t know till later how deeply it´s transforming you.  

Kudos Luke... whether intended or not, that was a very good/close explanation for how to understand the three treasures of Laozi :) 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, liminal_luke said:

My practice advice?  

(2) Cultivate humility.

Excellent advice, maybe your friends should learn from it too, they are after all, the ones disrupting the thread, not me. Have a pleasant day. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Boerewors said:

Excellent advice, maybe your friends should learn from it too, they are after all, the ones disrupting the thread, not me. Have a pleasant day. 

Sorry dude. Honestly, I'm all ears for you but you gotta understand that they aren't disrupting the thread. They're giving decent advice....and ok, Earl Grey might bite more than others but there have been some more tactful people here as well.

These little passive-aggressive asides are just going to stir things more, and then there will be further deviations from the topic.

I mean, we are in "Daoist Discussion" here, so Daoists will tell you how it is. You may find more people that are warmer to your posts in "General" and maybe "Occult" sections in this forum.

That's why I barely post in them...I can't be doing with it haha.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

It's over. Don't argue against anyone, there's nothing to fight for here. Be/act whomever, whatever you need to be to get what you need. The real fight is in the shadows where both sides of the coin exist. In the light it's difficult to distinguish what is what, unless you cast the shadow. In which case you may not like what you see, and many may not like what you are able to see.

Play in the light, see with eyes unclouded, keep your knife and arrow dull, but sharpen your awareness, strengthen your resilience and truth. Sharpening a dull arrow or knife takes less than a day.

Better yet, sharpen your arrow and sword, but just cover it in mud. Everything in the light is something to learn from. And if observed enough times with unclouded eyes, you might catch the shadows. Nothing to fight here specifically, only learn. 

• Like 1

While we’re paraphrasing movie lines, also don’t forget to crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of the women. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

17 hours ago, Taomeow said:

I guess everyone will recommend an approach based on their own rodeo.  Some, on their not-my-first rodeo.  So my suggestions will be based on mine. 

Start with mastering one taoist practice.  One.  But master it.  That's the only way to find out if you have what it takes to have more than one, or even need more than one.  You can have three or four or ten thousand.  It doesn't matter, they're all connected, but if you're master of none, it doesn't matter how many you have dabbled in.  

I know ten thousand things, and personally engage in three.  A moving practice, a sitting practice, and theory explorations.  None of these three are at odds with the other two, none contradict, overrule, take in an altogether different direction, or invalidate each other.  All of them complement each other and serve each other.  Which one is stronger at any given point depends on which one begs strengthening.  It's a moving equilibrium, where overemphasizing one may take away from the other two, and then I try to self-adjust.  

But I started with just one, expanded to "ten thousand," then shrunk it back, scaled it down, identified three venues to explore and took the rest from there.  I like this approach because it is capable of providing a "second" and "third" opinion on any one of my practices from the other two.  Oh, I also had and have teachers and, despite being naturally all the things that would seemingly make following a teacher to a T impossible -- rebellious, creative, eclectic and familiar with many different cultural traditions (including empirically), I chose to learn without challenging and see what happens.  What happened is, the more I learned, the less I felt like challenging or rethinking or "creatively approaching" much of what I learned, while at the same time highlighting all the places where I do feel qualified to question, modify, use a different approach.  The difference being, now it can be done not to humor some inherent personality traits causing a beginner or a spiritual business person to seek opportunities to establish "my very own" "bigger-better" but because of some gradually acquired competence that increased my trust in my own judgment.  Trusting one's own judgment on faith alone is usually a trap. 

Weaponize your curiosity, sharpen it, polish it, give it an edge capable of penetrating any mystery like a butter knife penetrates a stick of butter. Use it in a battle for your best judgment.  Don't treat your curiosity as a junk drawer to throw half the world's arsenal into, every spear's handle broken, every arrowhead dull and rusty, every pistol jammed, every pouch of gunpowder wet.  You don't need a drawerful of junk.  You don't even need an open carry permit.  You just need, to allude to a popular culture item now drawing some attention due to the ongoing BBC TV series, a subtle knife.       

Also sprach Taomeow.       

1. Know one or two well and use those as cornerstones to judge with

2. Moving equilibrium

3.beginners mind

4. a drawer full of tools but, throw out the junk

Excellent stuff Taomeow!

Edited by moment
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Rara said:

but there have been some more tactful people here as well.

I liked and thanked all those that gave me good advice, so I fail to see why you had to phrase it that way. What I don't appreciate is petulant children like your friends Earl Grey and Freeform, maybe you respect them for some reason, but maybe I believe respect is earned. Acting like an asshole doesn't equate to earning my respect. 

Have a pleasant day.

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Boerewors said:

Acting like an asshole doesn't equate to earning my respect.

So speaks an expert in the field of being one himself.

Dang, what is it with mages and holding a grudge? Looking back over the thread, it's not even really that bad! I must say, this forum still has surprises to offer; I never thought in a hundred years would Freeform be interpreted as petulant. :lol:

Boarwars, you seem like someone who has put a lot of time, thought, and sincerity into your practices thus far. I can relate to the feeling of being told "you're wrong" as some kind of attack, vs. dancing around with phrases like "personally, I don't agree with your approach," or "given the history of similar undertakings, one might consider an alternate route." "You're wrong" does not equal "You're dumb," or "you're not worthy," or "you will fail." Sometimes it might seem that way though, and defensiveness by either side just escalates from there.

• Like 7

Circling back to the original topic. Sure, getting pointers on how to beef up your energy body is great, but there may have been something deeper to all this. The more brightly you shine that light in the dark, the more bugs and varmints you stand to attract. I probably don't have to tell you that there are bigger concerns out there than Earl Grey, and they are not going to be as blatant about their motives..

Edited by Nintendao
  • Like 4

46 minutes ago, Nintendao said:

I probably don't have to tell you that there are bigger concerns out there than Earl Grey, and they are not going to be as blatant about their motives..

While I've enjoyed playing the heel for this thread, yes, most of the issues and individuals he will face are most definitely not going to be forward about their motives. Unscrupulous characters who appear to be polite and respectful are often "masters" who are secretly sexual predators or conmen, and I've already dealt both online and offline with people whose reputations precede them, only for the house of cards to come tumbling down and reveal who they are and what they've done. 

What I do hope he eventually realizes is I've not spoken with malice, but with jocular bemusement after initial flabbergast, and despite that, from page one, still speaking from a genuine concern for safety of people who have embarked upon this self-initiation and syncretic approach--made all the more dangerous that he said he was still a novice even in his western occultism and cited people whom he knows as being "perfectly fine" for what he intends to do, but that's hardly ever a good metric to use.

Edited by Earl Grey
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Boerewors said:

Acting like an asshole doesn't equate to earning my respect.

Spoiler

A philosopher made an appointment with Nasrudin to have a scholarly discussion. When the day came, the philosopher dropped by Nasrudin's house as planned. However, Nasrudin wasn't home. The philosopher angrily took his pencil out of his pocket, wrote "Asshole" on Nasrudin's door, and then left.

Nasrudin finally came home later and saw this. He quickly realized that he had missed his appointment, and he darted off to the philosopher's house.

"Forgive my error," Nasrudin told the philosopher when he got there. "I totally forgot about our appointment today. But when I got home and saw that you had written your name on my door, I came here as fast as I could."

• Haha 7

Be nice people.  Remember we are supposed to be cultivating.  respect, respect, respect.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

2 hours ago, Boerewors said:

I liked and thanked all those that gave me good advice, so I fail to see why you had to phrase it that way. What I don't appreciate is petulant children like your friends Earl Grey and Freeform, maybe you respect them for some reason, but maybe I believe respect is earned. Acting like an asshole doesn't equate to earning my respect. 

Have a pleasant day.

My bad, for the quote you singled out. You were respectful to some, but c'mon, Freeform, really?

No one here will really care about earning your respect. We don't know who each other really are, I'm just trying to tell you nicely....walking into a Daoist forum and looking for respect while at the same time claiming that you know best won't get you very far at all.

I repeat, there is a General Discussion and Occult Discussion where you may fit a bit better, rather wasting time and energy on this thread. I mean, you got what you came for days ago anyway.

Anyways, thanks for your wishes. In return, I wish you the best with what you have taken from this :)

• Like 3

Why does one need to speak to create malice. do you think enslavement has a voice. Do you think it is identified by any single action. do you think it's identified by words.

I can't care about someone even if i don't know them? then why tf should i care about nature either. I don't know them, yet they are living. Oh right, they need to earn my respect. smh great logic taught generation after generation.

Like i said, the light is the playing ground where you learn to identify the shadows. unfortunately, some dork believes that the idea of shadow and light was invented in a movie. i guarantee you most don't even know what that means even if they studied hours of it. It actually has 2-3 layers deeper than what is being indoctrinated to everyone. Basically, there's a shadow within the shadow, which is then light. you can't read about this, you need to see it with unclouded eyes.

Kali Yuga is in full effect. What people think is coming is already here. Which is why i'm guessing time is moving very very quickly. Something is boiling ready to erupt.

As far as my credentials. Don't have any. Here's what i can do though:

restructuring face, moving jawline. in case of imbalance or trauma, realign spine in different parts vertically, reattach nerves, re-balance left and right side brain, balance left and right vision, move muscles to more optimal positions, send electricity to water, feel electricity from very strong street lights, heal. realign feet, aligning teeth, align leg, pelvis, etc etc etc. All of it has to do with how the different parts of the body connects to each other. I must not know shit still huh. Not even going to begin to explain how i communicated with spirit before i got into any tao, found ancestor identities, heal myself during sleep, read and put thoughts in people's minds. And all this without really trying to expand any powers. All i wanted was to get my life back which was impacted physically and mentally. Finding, core physical issues that happened when i was 7, which was mistreated by American medicine... And failed my growing up. Proven by having followed everything told to me, and yet finding opposite solutions now.

Be a servant of the world, love yourself mightily to where you want your body to be perfect. I promise, your purpose, servitude, and love will get you more powers than you need to help the world. But the only one/thing who can answer your sincerity and if you deserve the calling is within yourself. You can't prove it to anyone else. In fact, the life of proving to others your worth is the lack of intuition and power. This alone has been given into by most of the population. Truth no longer matters. It's about what 'works'

Let's see how far people get with simply sounding intelligent and memorizing things. All the ideas you are hearing i've seen in the multiple different industries I've been a part of and excelled at. Whether in sports, business, marketing, jobs, etc. etc. You see the same pattern of thinking in every step of the process from beginning to expertt.. Being daoist doesn't escape you from that. And i see it here too. And yet, i'm not saying Dao is incorrect. I'm just saying being trying to be dao doesn't make you correct.

edit: sorry for all the grammatical errors. :)

Edited by welkin
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, SirPalomides said:

While we’re paraphrasing movie lines, also don’t forget to crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of the women. 

And yet if you look at your profile picture, you are identified by everything you're saying. Including doing all of it with no head on your shoulders, but a face on your body. ;)

Edited by welkin

22 minutes ago, SirPalomides said:

Show some respect. I’ve spent so much time with my mind in my Dantian that my head disappeared and eyes sprouted out of my nipples. 

agreed. can't say i haven't done that before

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, SirPalomides said:

Show some respect. I’ve spent so much time with my mind in my Dantian that my head disappeared and eyes sprouted out of my nipples. 

I've been working on my lower 1st chakra. 

after several years of focus I have to say

my mouth tastes like balls and my nose feels much longer. 

Edited by thelerner
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

On 12/11/2019 at 8:44 AM, Earl Grey said:

Mixing currents leads to qi deviation. No medical professional, even some TCM doctors, can help if you do this.

First, I got sick as from cold, I thought I would tough it out ( yep, few hours later all gone)

Then next day I had extreme emotional anger reaction to a rather weird to me topic ( lasted few hours as well)

When I figured out I am in the middle of the storm, I tried to meditate, but I "plugged in" to someone's else stream: I was laying in the water on some tropical beach in Viet Nam ( I have never been to Viet Nam). It was sunny and I felt water on my body and I had zero awareness of me as qicat. Then I saw a dead body of a soldier near me. It was floating. It touched me and I was terrified. I was wearing Viet Nam army clothing and I was dead. So were many many people on the big boat which was at the lagoon. Soldiers ( americans?) were dropping bodies of my people in the water and corpses were floating. And the sun was so bright and the sky was so blue and the azur waters were so peaceful... ( total time, around 20 min)

Sounds like she got some great physical and emotional detoxing, and very possibly a past-life regression?  These are all standard healing symptoms, that many people actually pay good money to achieve.  Not sure why she concluded they were "qi deviations" simply because she didn't specifically intend for them?

On 12/12/2019 at 11:07 AM, Earl Grey said:

Second of all, you've got some thin skin to think that everything that's been said is a personal attack. God forbid you see the twisted little ball of your insecurities and anger inside you come out in your practice and think that it's a confirmation of power you believe you have.

Last of all, the one who has been rude is you, because of your certainty in your self-importance, when all that's been done is people warning you of your beginner's mistake that is a waste of time at best, and dangerous and harmful at worst. 

It's much easier to look at someone who has skill and accomplishment and see them as having nothing of value because they unnerve you and challenge your paradigm.

Actually, you're pretty thin-skinned to think everything is an insult, which means you really don't know what it means to commit to these arts and this path--Taoists are known to laugh at themselves and each other, and know when there is an absence of respect, which in this case, is a sign of your lack of skill or power, and this is what we see as "peacocking" and chest-beating. All bark, no bite; you talk about no manners but demonstrate you've got none yourself, then say there's no skill but have nothing to speak of as an admitted novice. Sure. 

Speaking from personal experience being arrogant yourself, too? 

Straw man and putting words in his mouth--this is probably why you get angry: you imagine people saying things that they aren't saying. You really need to stop doing that for your own sake.

For a guy apologizing for potentially being rude or disrespectful in the first page of this thread, it's a good thing you did because you've consistently shown rudeness and been called out on it too since then, and refuse to acknowledge it.

Based on what freeform wrote, he was trying to be helpful with a more amicable and relatable example, but you choose to take something that's sweet and turn it into shit--normally, Taoists do it the other way around. It's like you want to try Taoist methods, but failed to have read the Tao Te Ching or other texts (which I even quoted above!). 

Cultural sensitivity and self-awareness don't seem to be your strengths

Get over yourself, bro. 

LMAO..oh mirror, mirror, on the wall...do tell yourself some more! :D

OK, now let's cut all the irrelevant personality disorder conflict BS, try some adulting for a change, and actually get to the meat & bones here.

From my vague suspicions thus far...the biggest risks are likely incurred from forcing (caused by doing something before a pathway is ready or misdirecting it down the wrong one) and possibly overusing/depleting qi (like perhaps by fajin and fajing or using it on inanimate objects, etc)?  I say this because a number of qigong healers and IMA masters have died relatively young, not to mention all the cancer and other ills suffered by some MoPai adepts.  I believe these 2 lines of inquiry could bear much more research...and helpful spectrums could eventually be defined for both of them. 

I have finally figured this out after a couple of years
experimenting- [see my Videos/Self-inflicted Dim Mak photos]

**Qi is for organic energy exchange**

Using it for martial arts is contact with another living creature = so it is an energy exchange

Recall I said how to heal [another person] with Qi-
never use your own personal Qi because it will drain you

You must harvest the universal/ambient life force instead

Magick is a Shen Gong

Using Qi to knock down items off a shelf, making fire, etc... is NOT using Qi-
....even though you feel the Qi radiating from the hands, eyes, etc

It is NOT Qi

It is Jing that you are using

If you think you are using YinQi... you are ALSO mistaken

Jing is Yin

Qi is Yin/Yang

Shen is Yang

Examples:

'Master Jiang' and John Chang are both deceased...

They both thought they were using YangQi to set fire to objects,....

Hot Yang is depleted Jing - squeeze the floor - you feel heat... WHERE?

MoPai also has a rule to be celibate for 3 days before resuming practice after orgasm,... because they stress their Jing reserves [for level testing, among other things]

Recall Jim McMillan's MoPai's level test video... John had him test right after they ate dinner/Jing refuel

(Note: I do not believe John Chang is dead...although does reportedly have cancer now.)

Although, both of these behaviors often seem to be caused by the ego getting in front of the Spirit...putting the cart before the horse, so to speak.  As is evident from some of the resident, chest-beating ragelords here...

On a practical level, the key to neixyz arts is really inner awareness...like Western "self"-gnosis...but less on just an airy, mental plane - but more on a fully-grounded, full spectrum, holistic bioenergeticsomatic level...which goes to the very heart of Daoism.  Listen to this champion running expert (Helen Hall) as she talks about how important it is to develop inner awareness to listen inside and LET...rather than rely on external instruction to just blindly DO.

26:40 - It's the doing, instead of the letting, that messes with the timing.
30:27 - It's deep, deep internal knowledge rather than external.
With external guidance, the guidance from outside is not the problem

It's telling somebody to do something
Rather than asking that person to let something happen, or feel for something happening.

38:39 - The disconnect from the feet to the ground, we've become disconnected there.
We've become disconnected from the sensory guidelines because of the tech.

Woodrum means wake up joints to wake up muscles.  Joints act, muscles react.

Now, THIS natural "aboriginal" approach would also quintessentially be like Daoist neirunning. 

And this was really synchronous because just yesterday, I did a little barefoot walking on a rough stretch of tough grass at a hiking park with little traffic...that had a lot of pokey stalks.  And after a short while, I realized that it was much better to sense and feel the ground with my feet AS I progressively and selectively lowered my full weight on each step.  It was then that I realized how dumbly I had walked before with either soft shoes on or on smoothly-paved sidewalks and soft turf lawns.  In my normal mode, I was just blindly punching my feet on the ground with every step, with absolutely zero sensing or regard for the ground.  This was because my feet were totally encased in the omnipresent cushiness of colonial civilization - which is what also made them weak, soft, and unstimulated.  After just the brief barefoot walk on unmanicured grass though, my feet felt like they just had a natural reflexology session - hours and even a day later!

Anyways, I suspect the risk is ultimately not so much from mixing mashups, but probably already inherent in some of the individual methods themselves.  Although, I can also see why some traditions instruct one not to mix with other practices that work from flowing energy in the opposite direction.  I'm certainly not saying every method is compatible, either.  However again, forcing and overusing energy are probably the bigger concerns, regardless of mixing or sticking to singular paths.

Edited by gendao

2 hours ago, gendao said:

Sounds like she got some great physical and emotional detoxing, and very possibly a past-life regression?  These are all standard healing symptoms, that many people actually pay good money to achieve.  Not sure why she concluded they were "qi deviations" simply because she didn't specifically intend for them?

LMAO..oh mirror, mirror, on the wall...do tell yourself some more! :D

OK, now let's cut all the irrelevant personality disorder conflict BS, try some adulting for a change, and actually get to the meat & bones here.

From my vague suspicions thus far...the biggest risks are likely incurred from forcing (caused by doing something before a pathway is ready or misdirecting it down the wrong one) and possibly overusing/depleting qi (like perhaps by fajin and fajing or using it on inanimate objects, etc)?  I say this because a number of qigong healers and IMA masters have died relatively young, not to mention all the cancer and other ills suffered by some MoPai adepts.  I believe these 2 lines of inquiry could bear much more research...and helpful spectrums could eventually be defined for both of them. 

(Note: I do not believe John Chang is dead...although does reportedly have cancer now.)

Although, both of these behaviors often seem to be caused by the ego getting in front of the Spirit...putting the cart before the horse, so to speak.  As is evident from some of the resident, chest-beating ragelords here...

So, I suspect the risk is ultimately not so much from mixing mashups, but probably already inherent in some of the individual methods themselves.  Although, I can also see why some traditions instruct one not to mix with other practices that work from flowing energy in the opposite direction.  I'm certainly not saying every method is compatible, either.  However again, forcing and overusing energy are probably the bigger concerns, regardless of mixing or sticking to singular paths.

They ARE qi deviations according to JAJ—her teacher, and she also studies TCM besides JAJ’s qigong practice and whole JAJ course too.

Also, while you’re talking about forcing and overusing energy, this is only part of the issue that leads to health issues as you’re using some very limited data there.

Let me give you an example with Fragrant qigong: you cannot do anything that requires you to do abnormal breathing, meditate or do anything that requires strong mental effort like visualization, or do heavy kicking and shaking. So this means spontaneous, sleeping, relaxation, or MCO practices are out because of heavy visualization, and Flying Phoenix is out because of its breath control sequence.

If you do mix any of those with fragrant, you will find at best no effects from fragrant but later on it leads to headaches, then other things detailed by the link from qicat, which are common symptoms across practices, and then unique qi deviations as well since you’re basically telling the qi  contradicting instructions.

The worst anyone can do among systems I know is Flying Phoenix simultaneously with Fragrant as the qi is intelligent in both systems, and that’s like telling two groups of people to tie a knot and untie a knot at the same time. 

Then MCO and Fragrant are super bad combinations as well.

Now some people on the forum may have mixed currents with Fragrant, and what they report now isn’t consistent with what its grandmaster and its teachers, including mine who is also a TCM doctor, report because it’s either immediate or slow burn. It can mix with Baduanjin for example, but Baduanjin can be done with anything else. He also does Bagua and Shaolin Long Fist, so he does shake off some qi from kicking, but as he only does kicks for warmups, he doesn’t suffer as much.

As for your statement that it’s all karmic regression—no, a bit oversimplified. You’re also giving a why when qi deviations are a how by using that explanation.

Edited by Earl Grey
  • Like 4

On 11/12/2019 at 2:35 PM, freeform said:

For example mixing principles from Damo’s Wuji with Zhang Zhuang is not only counterproductive, but actively dangerous - if you do what you’re suggesting, you’re simply raising and concentrating Qi at your heart... Do this for long enough and you’ll develop heart palpitations, panic attacks and extreme emotional swings.

(Sorry to selectively quote of the post)

I have some really mixed feelings on Damo. Some of the stuff he says I love, but some of it I really question. I have found the above statement to be quite correct. I've had a casual ZZ practice for some time which I really quite like doing. After reading one of Damo's books, I then tried out his Wuji posture, and its effects were completely different to the Lam Kam stand I had previously been doing.

While doing ZZ in Lam Kam's style, I have an uncontrived mind, sometimes I let my mind wonder, sometimes I have a bright present mind, sometimes the mind settles into silence. Whatever.

But Damo's stance had a very powerful effect. It kind of sends the energy downwards, which has quite a silencing effect on the mind. Which of course settles down the emotions and allows for better integration of mind and body.

The problem I had with this was that it was becoming so effective I was starting to find myself looking forwards to this state as an escape from the stresses of everyday life. I felt I did not like where this was going so I simply dropped the practice and went back to my normal stand.

The point here is that some of the stuff he writes about is quite powerful and, without balance, can be potentially dangerous. He likes to state he's trying to re-educate people after years of erroneous teaching by the likes of Mantak Chai. But, inadvertently, he's in someways committing exactly the same crimes he's trying to correct.

He is broadcasting to the world stuff that has only ever been taught on an individual basis - should be be doing this and what exactly are his motivations ... hmmm ...

Now, of course, I have developed a practice from Lam Kam's books and am very happy with it ...

But Damo's wuji stance is a powerful, potentially addictive practice. I feel Lam Kam's teaching is done in a far more responsible manner as all altered states of mind are almost actively avoided.

Done.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Miffymog said:

(Sorry to selectively quote of the post)

I have some really mixed feelings on Damo. Some of the stuff he says I love, but some of it I really question. I have found the above statement to be quite correct. I've had a casual ZZ practice for some time which I really quite like doing. After reading one of Damo's books, I then tried out his Wuji posture, and its effects were completely different to the Lam Kam stand I had previously been doing.

While doing ZZ in Lam Kam's style, I have an uncontrived mind, sometimes I let my mind wonder, sometimes I have a bright present mind, sometimes the mind settles into silence. Whatever.

But Damo's stance had a very powerful effect. It kind of sends the energy downwards, which has quite a silencing effect on the mind. Which of course settles down the emotions and allows for better integration of mind and body.

The problem I had with this was that it was becoming so effective I was starting to find myself looking forwards to this state as an escape from the stresses of everyday life. I felt I did not like where this was going so I simply dropped the practice and went back to my normal stand.

The point here is that some of the stuff he writes about is quite powerful and, without balance, can be potentially dangerous. He likes to state he's trying to re-educate people after years of erroneous teaching by the likes of Mantak Chai. But, inadvertently, he's in someways committing exactly the same crimes he's trying to correct.

He is broadcasting to the world stuff that has only ever been taught on an individual basis - should be be doing this and what exactly are his motivations ... hmmm ...

Now, of course, I have developed a practice from Lam Kam's books and am very happy with it ...

But Damo's wuji stance is a powerful, potentially addictive practice. I feel Lam Kam's teaching is done in a far more responsible manner as all altered states of mind are almost actively avoided.

Done.

That is the kind of sharing I really like!  Thank you!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2