Sign in to follow this  
starfire

daily lurker

Hi there im new around here but in saying that have been on this forum lurking almost everyday, its finally time i started participating in this discussion.

A bit about me I'm a youngin (22 years ole)  i spend most of my time creating music and looking at the Australian trees, flora and fauna. However, i would like to add to my repertoire qigong and other energy cultivation practices. I have been reading alot of @voidisyinyang and @Yang posts as i find his concepts of noncommunicative phase relationships between music and non-duality really fascinating along with the whole alchemy based training he speaks of. Very fascinating. However, my endeavours as of now are a lot more centred on the simple things such as clearing the clutter from my mind and being consistent with my qigong practice. I've been watching SFQ videos and ive found them to be really helpful, would really appreciate if someone could recommend me a practice they have found most beneficial in quieting the mind, going into the emptiness.

Is the microcosmic meditation the best route to achieve this?

What have been YOUR experiences of practices which seem to be the most effective in achieving the goals stated above? 

I love this community already, without even having participated myself, simple observation has led me to the conclusion that nearly every member on this forum has great life experience and valuable information in their own way, its really great. Again glad to be part of the community much love.

• Like 3

Welcome aboard, @starfire! It's always nice to hear people find value here, and look forward to interacting. As for tips how to quiet the mind, well, nothing comes to mind at the moment :lol: but i'll keep you posted if something does.

• Haha 1

Australian trees sound nice. Do you ever climb them? Nothing quiets the mind like focusing on not falling off a branch. Just ask Han Xiangzi. Hey, he’s a musician, too!

• Like 1

You mentioned microcosmic orbit? I just read a killer thread on that last month. Did you see it? Quite the exposé. it does get into some good details of what to expect, I think. Ah, here we go:

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Nintendao said:

You mentioned microcosmic orbit? I just read a killer thread on that last month. Did you see it? Quite the exposé. it does get into some good details of what to expect, I think. Ah, here we go:

It is important that the whole thread is read and not just bits and pieces.  This particular thread was very contextual.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, Nintendao said:

Australian trees sound nice. Do you ever climb them? Nothing quiets the mind like focusing on not falling off a branch. Just ask Han Xiangzi. Hey, he’s a musician, too!

only climb the trees around here if they have mangoes on them :D 
Han Xiangzi sounds like my type of guy !

6 hours ago, moment said:

It is important that the whole thread is read and not just bits and pieces.  This particular thread was very contextual.

Will read thoroughly, thanks for the heads up.

-

Glad to be part of the community! 

• Like 4

Sign in to follow this