Sign in to follow this  
Zork

Someone will always be offended!

Waitamute! Oi! Zork, i get the gist and intention but stop insulting functionally varied people and their achievements by comparing them to Jim who, without intended offence to Jim, can only dream of qualifying for membership in such an illustrious fellowship.

@Rocky Lionmouth

I had no intention of insulting people with mental disabilities. I had a classmate like that and i have visited an asylum for such kids while i was in high school. The fact is that whenever anything is said over the internet SOMEONE WILL GET OFFENDED!

There is no avoiding it. Please don't be trigger happy, Saying something on the f**king internet or having a certain opinion doesn't mean anything for the person behind the screen and keyboard. We all should know better than that.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Walker said:

I'm telling you, banning everybody is really the only solution for us bozos. 

How about we avoid the ban hammer for a bit?

59 minutes ago, Walker said:

Are you trying to deprive me of my god given right to ban myself??

Your insinuation offends me. 

Someone ban him before he can ban himself!

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Zork said:

@Rocky Lionmouth

I had no intention of insulting people with mental disabilities. I had a classmate like that and i have visited an asylum for such kids while i was in high school. The fact is that whenever anything is said over the internet SOMEONE WILL GET OFFENDED!

There is no avoiding it. Please don't be trigger happy, Saying something on the f**king internet or having a certain opinion doesn't mean anything for the person behind the screen and keyboard. We all should know better than that.

offensensitivity.thumb.gif.e91f415a79e864aeb805651c4cab7ab7.gif

This strip was from 1981. Everyone who misses the 1980s seems to forget that it was also a time of weird political correctness too, and that part has come back a lot more hardcore in the 2010s.

People who miss the 90s also seem to think of the time before Attorney General Janet Reno when we could see T and A on television, especially cable, but after her, not even a nipple could fly for paying customers of premium cable services. It was a lot more raunchy in the early part of the decade, then had a lot of political correctness and sensitivity in the latter part.

Game of Thrones now? That's tame compared to what they used to show--you could see how excited people would get before looking at TV Guide and whenever it was listed as having BN or N--Brief Nudity and Nudity, and I had a friend who would circle whatever had that and watch it just for those scenes when we were teenagers, regardless of genre or station. He was so happy when someone helped him pirate cable and Adam and Even and Spice were freely accessible to him.

Edited by Earl Grey
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2019-12-08 at 9:34 PM, Zork said:

@Rocky Lionmouth

I had no intention of insulting people with mental disabilities.

I know.

I’m fairly hard to actually offend, even if i occasionally  respond firmly to offensive shit. 

I’m not especially proud of letting my affect run a lite high in the madness of that thread but i wasn’t trying to start something with you Z, we got no beef as far as i’m concerned!

I was making a riff-joke on the topic aimed at poking at Jim for being his clueless self while simultaneously expressing my skepticism at your low-hanging-fruit diss.

Might have bitten off more than i could chew without drooling out the corners of my mouth.

We cool?

Edited by Rocky Lionmouth
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Rocky Lionmouth said:

We cool?

Sure why not? :D

But the thread is here for all people who are triggered by specific words.

Ralis for example, recently isolated something i said without looking at the context.

While i hold no grudge against him this isn't completely ok and he should reexamine this behavior.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this