Earl Grey

Appeal to Forum Community to Ban Member “Everything”

THE TAO HAS SPOKEN? A SELF-REGULATING COMMUNITY HAS ARISEN AT TDB IN DECEMBER 2019?

Yes/no? Yes/no?

Today is Christmas Eve...  

merry-christmas-s.gif

Edited by Limahong
Enhance ...

2 hours ago, freeform said:

He’s posting while high...

I have had this feeling very strongly, especially in the leaking dantian thread.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Walker said:

I have had this feeling very strongly, especially in the leaking dantian thread.  

I disagree! He is lonely, sad, old and grieving and it is greatly affecting his balance.  We must keep and eye on him (because we care for him/because he is very smart/manipulative and most of all-- he is family!

• Like 2

Are you guys gonna come to the wedding ? 

Edited by Nungali
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, silent thunder said:

Finding it not possible to accept the gifts offered...

They inevitably remain with their givers.

Hi Creighton,

Good ~ another personification of a self-regulated community...

Merry Christmas.

- Anand

On 12/15/2019 at 3:12 PM, Nungali said:

The video is for more simple folk that can only undestand things if presented in a simple video . If you want a serious debate then read the link I put under it, that is for people that are not that 'simple' . I was presenting stuff  from 'both ends of the spectrum'  ;)

Ohhh my goodness !      The protrusions dont help slip ropes out from underneath ! What on earth are you talking about  ! They are  thereso you DO NOT HAVE THE PROBLEM OF HAVING THE ROPE UNDERNEATH IN THE FIRST PLACE . It goes around the sides .

And you dont even have to lift a big stone , like in that huge lintel  doorway you posted .  You slide it into position. Like you dont have to lift the huge side 'posts' that hold the lintel up , you fill, dig, tilt, and refill . Like the picture  with the obelisk , except you use an excavated hole and a backfill hill  of earth which is removed later.

I watched the video.  It just explains how they had to painstakingly use a pantograph and then the "red clay" technique to eliminate interferences to fit stones together.

And from your second link that also "explains it":

The essence of Inka architecture cannot be distilled into a single word. Three themes demand recognition: precision, functionality, and austerity. The Inka stonefitters worked stone with a precision unparalleled in human history

How the Inka cut stone without iron tools is not known with any certainty

The glory of Inka stonecutting lies in their ability to cut unusual shapes and fit them tightly together, as exemplified by the famous "twelve-cornered stone" found in a wall of the palace of the Inka Roca. It is both a cliché and a verity that the stones are so closely fitted that a knife blade cannot be jammed between them. How did they achieve these amazing close tolerances?

So, all just admitted hypotheticals with open questions...and no proven answers...especially to the degree and scale found in pre-Incan Peru/Bolivia.

fbUhIu2.jpg

As for what you are claiming the knobs were simply for - do you mean something like this, then? 

7sRMMq5.jpg

If not, can you please upload a napkin sketch of what you mean, then?  A picture is worth 1000 words...

And, I never said you had to lift the stones (with ropes)...YOU were the one who claimed that that's what the knobs were used for! :rolleyes:

Edited by gendao