Earl Grey

Appeal to Forum Community to Ban Member “Everything”

36 minutes ago, Limahong said:

Hi dawei,

No worries ~ trust me... I understand.

- Anand

I guess a pirate's life for you it is. At least it looks like you're having fun posting in this strange manner.

Edited by welkin

1 hour ago, GSmaster said:

I am, your not, please stop spamming.

You might be having worse issues than Everything.

Considering he is quoting people like me from the very beginning for a conversation that is not only long past the initial post, but trying to resurrect a conversation that ended when Nungali posted a link to Sean’s action, it’s apparent he’s calling for attention. For what reason I do not understand, but the colored font and quoting people specifically to get their reaction is like a rambunctious child running to everyone’s table in a restaurant and grabbing their food so that they look at him, which he’s doing here and other threads now, on top of very bizarre private messages he is copying and pasting to people.

This is a mild form of abuse, which is called "grooming" in which a person pushes and pushes as they test the boundaries until someone can't take it, and work until they create a sense of numbness so that people tolerate what is unacceptable and that they can get away with more and more as they continue to get to just before boiling point.

It appears he feels some sort of impunity after we advocated for him after his initial suspension, which is inspiring his uncouth behavior now, and perhaps that advocacy was wasted given he is abusing his reinstatement here into the forum.

Perhaps if he were suspended or banned again, this, which appears to be an episode of some sort of mental imbalance, will actually be addressed by him with the healthcare available in Singapore as opposed to him spamming the forum now with the callousness and impunity that he is exhibiting. 

In this case, he is worse than Everything because he's not just spamming multiple posts in a row, but quoting people from a conversation long dead and for points already resolved a few posts into the thread to call them out as some sort of challenge.

Edited by Earl Grey
  • Like 5

44 minutes ago, Earl Grey said:

it’s apparent he’s calling for attention. For what reason I do not understand, but the colored font and quoting people specifically to get their reaction is like a rambunctious child running to everyone’s table in a restaurant and grabbing their food so that they look at him, which he’s doing here and other threads now, on top of very bizarre private messages he is copying and pasting to people.

This restaurant analogy is exactly what I was thinking!

I kind of get why people say we should be nice and let anything go here, but would the people who say that tolerate it if they were in a restaurant trying to have an adult conversation with friends and some "spiritual" dude who acts like a bizarre hybrid of Golem, Elmo, and a seagull on meth keeps coming over to the table and yakking about his enlightenment? Sure, you could "just ignore" the fellow, but would you "just ignore" this motherfucker if he sat down next to you at a bar and started jibbering at you and your buddies, forever, and ever, and evermore? Having to go out of one's way to ignore the determinedly obnoxious is the beginning of the death of discourse.

These Spiritual Carrot Tops have obviously accomplished one qigong feat we all should envy: somehow they know how to tap into an infinite energy source that only seems to grow in power as time passes (I suspect that energy source is called "attention," and they don't really give a fuck if it's positive or negative in charge). Ignoring them does nothing to stop them, and since they have nothing better to do than post all day, they drag the conversations they latch themselves onto right into their weird realms, again and again. Then, as we have seen happen here, people who might've made valuable contributions walk away rather than waste their time by trying to be reasonable in the presence of fruitcakes who can't tell reason from a raisin. We all lose when that happens.

Should a public internet forum be open all? Sure, but no more open than a public bar, restaurant, library, park, or bus. In other words, there's a broad spectrum of "acceptable"--the broader the better--but sooner or later if you can't let other people ride the damn bus in peace, child, you gotsta go

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, Walker said:

I kind of get why people say we should be nice and let anything go here, but would the people who say that tolerate it if they were in a restaurant trying to have an adult conversation with friends and some "spiritual" dude who acts like a bizarre hybrid of Golem, Elmo, and a seagull on meth keeps coming over to the table and yakking about his enlightenment? Sure, you could "just ignore" the fellow, but would you "just ignore" this motherfucker if he sat down next to you at a bar and started jibbering at you and your buddies, forever, and ever, and evermore? Having to go out of one's way to ignore the determinedly obnoxious is the beginning of the death of discourse.

These Spiritual Carrot Tops have obviously accomplished one qigong feat we all should envy: somehow they know how to tap into an infinite energy source that only seems to grow in power as time passes (I suspect that energy source is called "attention," and they don't really give a fuck if it's positive or negative in charge). Ignoring them does nothing to stop them, and since they have nothing better to do than post all day, they drag the conversations they latch themselves onto right into their weird realms, again and again. Then, as we have seen happen here, people who might've made valuable contributions walk away rather than waste their time by trying to be reasonable in the presence of fruitcakes who can't tell reason from a raisin. We all lose when that happens.

Should a public internet forum be open all? Sure, but no more open than a public bar, restaurant, library, park, or bus. In other words, there's a broad spectrum of "acceptable"--the broader the better--but sooner or later if you can't let other people ride the damn bus in peace, child, you gotsta go

Absolutely--and when the obnoxiousness extends to bizarre private messages, it's akin to some guy following you to the toilet to talk to you while you're taking a crap, regardless of whether it's the men's or women's room!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Limahong said:

Period.

Lima,

Normally, I would PM you about this.  But, I believe it has gone past that point (partially because you have been taking PMs and private emails and rearranging them in bizarre ways and then making them public).  You have been visiting the TDB every few minutes, around the clock for several days now.  That is very manic!  You have been making far too many posts in a row ( which again, fits in with mania).

Your personality has been noticeably changing.  I have always liked you and I have proven that in the past through my actions.  But, this last few days has gone over the top, even for you.

You need to see a health professional or very good TCM practitioner and soon!

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, moment said:

You have been visiting the TDB every few minutes, around the clock for several days now. 

Hi moment,

"You have been visiting the TDB every few minutes (?), around the clock for several days now" ~ you have tracked me correctly except '(?)'.

I am on year-end vacation and I had visited TDB pretty often lately to listen to the tunes I had posted during Jim's memorial.  I had shared some of the tunes with Jim before ~ now trips down memory lane. Have I done something wrong?

As for 'PM' ~ I asked for green lights before I share. Why do I share? For fellowship building among my friends at TDB.

Why am I tracked ~ even to the extent of my education in the UK?

- Anand

Limahong, you’re either obfuscating stupidity and ignorance or you really don’t understand how inappropriately you act.

People have already pointed out the past two pages what you’re doing is spamming and why. You are insisting that this is merely flowing with Tao, when in fact, you’re running counter flow.

It is likely a waste of time explaining to you because you’re ignoring all feedback and caution from everyone, and very soon, you will find that nobody will be inclined to support you the next time you get banned, which, from what it seems, is what you’re inviting to happen as you disregard everything said by people here while justifying yourself.

Edited by Earl Grey
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Limahong said:

Hi moment,

"You have been visiting the TDB every few minutes (?), around the clock for several days now" ~ you have tracked me correctly except '(?)'.

I am on year-end vacation and I had visited TDB pretty often lately to listen to the tunes I had posted during Jim's memorial.  I had shared some of the tunes with Jim before ~ now trips down memory lane. Have I done something wrong?

As for 'PM' ~ I asked for green lights before I share. Why do I share? For fellowship building among my friends at TDB.

Why am I tracked ~ even to the extent of my education in the UK?

- Anand

1. "You have tracked me correctly".(It easy to do here. Anyone can do it. The site is designed for it. I can do it while only being here three or four times a day. I normally would not be here that often but, I worried about you, which seems to have gone right over your head.

2.Listening to tunes does not explain your not sleeping days at a time and it certainly does not explain the massive spamming you have been doing lately.

3. As for green lights--sharing PMs publicly and inaccurately is incredibly unethical or unbalanced.

Yes, you are doing wrong things.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, moment said:

"You have tracked me correctly".(It easy to do here. Anyone can do it. The site is designed for it. I can do it while only being here three or four times a day. I normally would not be here that often but, I worried about you...

Period.

Edited by Limahong
Enhance ...

While we're banning obnoxious people, shouldn't there be an automatic ban for people coming on and offering spiritual advice for money, like that full lotus fortune teller guy?

Edited by SirPalomides

12 minutes ago, SirPalomides said:

While we're banning obnoxious people, shouldn't there be an automatic ban for people coming on and offering spiritual advice for money, like that full lotus fortune teller guy?

You can't ban that full lotus fortune teller guy... the world couldnt handle the reprisal and commentary 

• Haha 3

coward way of communicating with so much wit. i wonder if your ability to speak was taken away,  what value if at all you'd have. Then again, your value is already shown in the things you say.

• Confused 1

17 minutes ago, welkin said:

coward way of communicating with so much wit. i wonder if your ability to speak was taken away,  what value if at all you'd have. Then again, your value is already shown in the things you say.

Hi welkin. Who are you talking to?

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Walker said:

Do you feel better now?

7 minutes ago, ilumairen said:

Hi welkin. Who are you talking to?

my mistake, i deleted my clarification. none of the OGs. Just towards a couple who i'm not really quite sure why they're talking. I think they just want to be a part of the gangster group.

Literally have no value to add, just talking to talk or insult.

9 minutes ago, welkin said:

my mistake, i deleted my clarification. none of the OGs. Just towards a couple who i'm not really quite sure why they're talking. I think they just want to be a part of the gangster group.

Literally have no value to add, just talking to talk or insult.

Since you brought up gangsters...

The other day at work someone was playfully trying to get someone to say something sassy to me. The person expected to comment said, "I'm not getting involved; I like both of you." And with as much gangsta "layin' it down" as I could muster I said, "Yeah! He likes both of us." 

This is all the gangsta I have for you this morning. Take care. 

13 minutes ago, ilumairen said:

Since you brought up gangsters...

The other day at work someone was playfully trying to get someone to say something sassy to me. The person expected to comment said, "I'm not getting involved; I like both of you." And with as much gangsta "layin' it down" as I could muster I said, "Yeah! He likes both of us." 

This is all the gangsta I have for you this morning. Take care. 

I now know why your thing says happy idiot. Though i don't think you're an idiot.just happy :)

I'm losing the purpose of why i even posted in this thread initially.

Okay, so if Everything was to come back and was more conscientious in the way he communicated so that people could interpret and care to read what he says. Would you accept him and let him develop that trust? or would you judge him based on everything else he's done?