Appeal to Forum Community to Ban Member “Everything”

HOT!  ~ flash gone.

I am going for breakfast.

Good morning ~ have a good day/night.

- Anand

(HOT! flash ~ returns...)

Edited by Limahong
Enhance ...

I’m not suggesting people shouldn’t be suspended or banned. What I don’t want to see is for this to be done in secret. The Moderation Logs kept it all in the open and allowed people to express their opinions. All I’d like to see from Sean is an initial Moderation Log entry noting someone has been banned or suspended and a sentence or two explaining why. For someone like me with an interest in the psychology of this ‘spiritual’ forum, discussions around banning where strong feelings are aroused are very insightful into our human psyche and hence helpful for me in gaining insight into hidden aspects of my own psyche. 

Also, if these staff actions aren’t announced we’re all left guessing. As it now stands, in the case of Everything for instance, I’m only assuming he’s been banned because of Nungali’s comment above and the fact he hasn’t been active here for a while. Has he been actually been banned or suspended? And if suspended for how long? 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Yueya said:

I’m not suggesting people shouldn’t be suspended or banned.

Hi Yueya,

Excuse me ~ I am now having breakfast. Join me... at the...

best-breakfast-singapore.jpg?resize=720%2C376

They are HOT!

- Anand

Edited by Limahong
Enhance ...

@Limahong

For me this forum is not a place I come to for frivolous discussion. If I were a moderator I’d first warn you about the excessive sort of posting you’re doing here and then suspend you for three days each time you did it if you continued. I know you put a lot of effort into your posts and singularly they can be quite insightful. But in proliferation they're like spam, just something else here I have to scroll past.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Yueya said:

Has he been actually been banned or suspended? And if suspended for how long?

Don't be suggestive ~ not good for one's karma.

Also...

AndthisiswhywecontinuetohavethesayingCuriosityKilledTheCat-73574.gif 

th?id=OIP.b06EWplYNregEhfe0P6MFgHaF8&pid=Api&P=0&w=187&h=151

RIP ~ Mr. Mew.

16 minutes ago, Yueya said:

For me this forum is not a place I come to for frivolous discussion.

You think my posts are frivolous? Why?

What lies below/beneath Everything?

Edited by Limahong

29 minutes ago, Yueya said:

I know you put a lot of effort into your posts and singularly they can be quite insightful. But in proliferation they're like spam, just something else here I have to scroll past.  

I have to post fast before I am ... again.

I welcome many hands for the common good... but I am wary/weary of the pointed finger.

When will I be ... again? Please advise.

Edited by Limahong
Enhance ...

Technophobes have weird dreams sometimes.  Since nothing can be done to stop the abuse of technology, sometimes I dream of fighting fire with fire, of inventing technology that could counteract abuse of technology.   E.g., I would make this feature available for forums: a mild, friendly zap to the fingers typing fifth spam post in a row, something like a slap on the wrist.   Increase voltage after the tenth.  And after the fifteenth, zap those fingers so they can't type for the next three days.  No moderation required, no mod logs or anything like that.  Total anonymity.  Whoever tried to type their fifteenth fuck you all I'm on a roll post would know who they are.  No one else needs to know. 

Of course I would make it a maximum of three spam posts per thread too.  I.e. a spammer would be also automatically required to spam evenly,  so that no one particular thread is singled out to suffer more than most.   I envision them playing this little game with themselves, calculating how many threads they can spam how many more times before getting zapped.  Like a roulette player, they would be agonizing over their best odds.  Ten spread evenly, one per thread, or nine (3X3) but messing with three particular threads good?  Snuffing them out so they can't recover?  Which is the best strategy?  

Of course I'm kidding about zapping.  I'm not electronically savvy, I'm steampunk.  I'd install something like whack-a-mole instead if I knew how.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Yueya said:

I’m not suggesting people shouldn’t be suspended or banned. What I don’t want to see is for this to be done in secret.  

Secret? We're all talking about this in a thread called "Appeal to Forum Community to Ban Member 'Everything.'” Democracy in action! I actually think things seem more transparent now than in the days of Moderator Warnings...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Yueya said:

I’m not suggesting people shouldn’t be suspended or banned. What I don’t want to see is for this to be done in secret. The Moderation Logs kept it all in the open and allowed people to express their opinions. All I’d like to see from Sean is an initial Moderation Log entry noting someone has been banned or suspended and a sentence or two explaining why. For someone like me with an interest in the psychology of this ‘spiritual’ forum, discussions around banning where strong feelings are aroused are very insightful into our human psyche and hence helpful for me in gaining insight into hidden aspects of my own psyche. 

Also, if these staff actions aren’t announced we’re all left guessing. As it now stands, in the case of Everything for instance, I’m only assuming he’s been banned because of Nungali’s comment above and the fact he hasn’t been active here for a while. Has he been actually been banned or suspended? And if suspended for how long? 

A banned person used to be moved to a group called banned but the major version upgrade got rid of that calling any 'time-off' a ban; even if 3 days; ergo, a temporary ban.   I didn't really like that concept as it has no historical basis but software programmers do what they do (or are told).  So it is what we have now.

You have to go to someone's profile to see if they are banned; their group will remain the last group they are in.

If you go to Everything's profile, you will see he is not banned.

If you go to mskied's profile, you will see he was banned... but I don't think anyone realizes it... maybe some wondered or went to his profile to find out why he was not posting anymore. 

https://www.thedaobums.com/profile/119162-mskied/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Yueya said:

@Limahong

For me this forum is not a place I come to for frivolous discussion. If I were a moderator I’d first warn you about the excessive sort of posting you’re doing here and then suspend you for three days each time you did it if you continued. I know you put a lot of effort into your posts and singularly they can be quite insightful. But in proliferation they're like spam, just something else here I have to scroll past.  

Under the previous staff make-up, he was warned and suspended for this.   He likes to post frivolously, past the brink of spam in my view.   I think as Apech seemed to suggest elsewhere,  it takes a team to cover the various issues that go on.   As Sean has shouldered the entire oversight means there will be stuff overlooked or action not taken so much.  I think it is not ideal but we should respect that is the way it is and provide feedback to staff as you are often very good at doing.    

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, dawei said:

He likes to post frivolously, past the brink of spam in my view. 

Hi dawei,

When The Tao flows with respect, trust, honesty... is it frivolous... especially when The Tao flows freely with responsibility and accountability as supporting pillars?

- Anand

41 minutes ago, dawei said:

If you go to mskied's profile, you will see he was banned... but I don't think anyone realizes it... maybe some wondered or went to his profile to find out why he was not posting anymore. 

He was banned for several reasons, one of those was praising Hitler, which as Sean explained in his No More Right-Wing Bullshit thread, is a non-negotiable, as is transphobia among other things. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Earl Grey said:

He was banned for several reasons, one of those was praising Hitler, which as Sean explained in his No More Right-Wing Bullshit thread, is a non-negotiable, as is transphobia among other things. 

I didn't question why he was banned....  whether folks were alerted to it, as a example of the silent ban... meaning, who really knew?

I don't discount the ban at all.. but members, as nicely explained already, like to know what is going on with such bans.   I think we need to accept there will be a different environment on such things.     

3 minutes ago, dawei said:

I didn't question why he was banned....  whether folks were alerted to it, as a example of the silent ban... meaning, who really knew?

I don't discount the ban at all.. but members, as nicely explained already, like to know what is going on with such bans.   I think we need to accept there will be a different environment on such things.     

I know; I was stating the reason because it may have surprised some people to know that he was suddenly banned, so it was decided that it is a good time to share it so people understand that even if Sean is not on here often, those non-negotiables result in swift action.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Limahong said:

Hi dawei,

When The Tao flows with respect, trust, honesty... is it frivolous... especially when The Tao flows freely with responsibility and accountability as supporting pillars?

- Anand

There is Tao and there is TDB...  

There is a Tao flow of respect for how TDB runs too.   And there are those who want to claim their Tao is more important ?

See where that gets you...  

You have a long history of members complaining about your posting.   

Flow as you want... it may be flowing off TDB at some point.    I don't have a horse in this, just saying you should realize it. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Earl Grey said:

I know; I was stating the reason because it may have surprised some people to know that he was suddenly banned, so it was decided that it is a good time to share it so people understand that even if Sean is not on here often, those non-negotiables result in swift action.

agreed.  Thanks :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dawei said:

If you go to Everything's profile, you will see he is not banned.

So he's still able to post?

1 minute ago, welkin said:

So he's still able to post?

From my view as a member... yes.

He comes and goes.  sometimes times passes.  For example:

He was warned in a thread to discontinue posts in the way he was posting... but he didn't post again for months.   

So how can he reasonably be expected to see that warning from months ago?  So he picked up again in that post, months later in a similar vein.   We cannot assume he saw a warning from months ago.  Sorry.  If you want to warn someone, you should ensure they can see it in a PM as well.   

As Ali said, “I ain’t got no quarrel with them Viet Cong”... and even Clint Eastwood would use a similar saying when first asked if he wanted to catch Lius Chama in Joe Kidd... that he has no issue with Lius Chama (forget that he forced a story change of the person).  

He seems able to post.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Limahong said:

Hi dawei,

Had we not flow in tandem?

- Anand

Please.  The topic is YOUR posting on TDB.   

2 minutes ago, dawei said:

Please.  The topic is YOUR posting on TDB.

Hi dawei,

No worries ~ trust me... I understand.

- Anand

2 hours ago, dawei said:

Sean is not on here often

I am ~ who/what I am in the presence or absence of sean.

Please don't bring him into the picture.

sean has enough on his shoulders/plate.

Edited by Limahong
Enhance ...