Earl Grey

Appeal to Forum Community to Ban Member “Everything”

1 minute ago, Earl Grey said:

have been hotter and more Yang, interestingly enough. I actually have both Yang excess  and Yin deficiency now, and have had this imbalance for the past three months. 

I know you will handle it well!  Be well!

• Like 6

@Everything
Hey.  I often have found myself conflicting with people's threads.  And this is what I suggest, if you want to post on a thread where maybe the OP is not going to like it ... then okay make your post.  Once.  And if you have other thoughts later on, or you would like to respond to newer comments ... then just go back into your original post, the first one, and add your new comments.  That way you can say what you feel ... but also recognize that maybe the OP is not going to like it and just limit yourself to one post in the thread.  And go back and edit that post again if you need to.

Then you can express yourself and be heard, but also respect that the OP doesn't want his thread derailed.  Especially if it is Earl Grey or some of the other members who are particularly bothered by it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Walker said:

Speaking of time, I pray for the day we can use ours having actual conversations about Daoism and other topics of interest here, when we do not have to waste precious minutes every day begging agenda-pushing obsessives from flying off into mad tangents every three posts!

This!

• Like 2

Just want to put in my 2 cents worth, fwiw. I didn’t find @Everything as bearing malicious intent or negativity in his posts that I’ve read.

That said, I have also advised him in the past to learn how to be more precise with his words. It is literally overwhelming to see a wall of words as are in his posts. At least now he uses paragraphs, initially it was just one single para :) 

I find others such as Drew (ViYY) far more negative, and I know he baits me personally for some strange reason. That said, I just ignore his posts. Makes life easier for me. I don’t condone censorship or banning. A moderator censure is fine by me. 

But please let us not go back to the autocratic ways of some of the previous mods. IMHO, Only thing more painful than trolls is experiencing 

moderator belligerence!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

14 minutes ago, ilumairen said:

This!

Yes, exactly.  E.g. a post where you tagged me yesterday (thanks, by the way! :) )  that concerns an interesting question regarding possible parallels between Dzogchen's rigpas and taoism's yuanshen -- I didn't have an answer off the top of my head, went to explore a bit, uprooted some really interesting material, was thinking, ought I think about it some and then try to answer, or just post a quote from  and/or a reference to that article I liked, or wait till Steve gives a better Dzogchen perspective than I currently can -- then this-here thread came up and I forgot all about it.

That's my main complaint about chronic derailers.  They effectively replace not just posts on a virtual page but us with themselves.  Like some practicing body snatchers that start seemingly small and then who knows when and where it stops -- if at all.  Replacing our thoughts and feelings with their own urgent itches to scratch in public.  Well, I don't want to be replaced.  Online, I don't want to be everything that is.  I want to be a poster, reader, interactor with people who interact with me and with each other, I want to be a forum participant when visiting a forum.  Not a dumpster for garbage sermons about how I don't know how to live in here and now and here and there and everywhere.  I frackin' do.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

4 minutes ago, dwai said:

But please let us not go back to the autocratic ways of some of the previous mods. IMHO, Only thing more painful than trolls is experiencing 

moderator belligerence!

I agree.  You don't just give a scalpel to anyone who would be surgeon, or else there's no telling a surgeon from a thug. 

Where do we find surgeons who don't cut out vital organs from the forum just because they can?  I thought mod rotation was somewhat of a solution.  The worst started happening when that was abolished.  If a poster runs into a personally or otherwise selectively hostile mod impossible to get along with, at least it's not forever.  And maybe make it short?  Like, three months tops?  The problem is, will there be takers?    

And if it all goes unmoderated, no holds barred -- well, unfortunately, the ideal of an anarchy usually runs into a peculiar obstacle online.  To wit, people who don't actually live in an anarchy anywhere in their real lives don't know how to use it.  They may have a whole lot of pent-up urges toward freedom -- but the only freedom available is a virtual anarchy place, guess where all that pent-up dynamite will go.  Have you seen what's going on elsewhere and everywhere where there's no moderation? 

Still, at this point I would also prefer a chaotic battlefield of a forum to an Orwellian order or a rule of thugs with zero accountability.  Neither one is very appealing, but if one has to choose...      

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, Taomeow said:

I agree.  You don't just give a scalpel to anyone who would be surgeon, or else there's no telling a surgeon from a thug. 

Where do we find surgeons who don't cut out vital organs from the forum just because they can?  I thought mod rotation was somewhat of a solution.  The worst started happening when that was abolished.  If a poster runs into a personally or otherwise selectively hostile mod impossible to get along with, at least it's not forever.  And maybe make it short?  Like, three months tops?  The problem is, will there be takers?    

And if it all goes unmoderated, no holds barred -- well, unfortunately, the ideal of an anarchy usually runs into a peculiar obstacle online.  To wit, people who don't actually live in an anarchy anywhere in their real lives don't know how to use it.  They may have a whole lot of pent-up urges toward freedom -- but the only freedom available is a virtual anarchy place, guess where all that pent-up dynamite will go.  Have you seen what's going on elsewhere and everywhere where there's no moderation? 

Still, at this point I would also prefer a chaotic battlefield of a forum to an Orwellian order or a rule of thugs with zero accountability.  Neither one is very appealing, but if one has to choose...      

I would rephrase an old chinese proverb to answer this -

"Those who want to moderate, aren't qualified to do so. Those who can moderate, do not want to do it. Those who can both moderate and also want to do it, are surely rare indeed."

:)

But I think that absolute power always has a potential to corrupt. Rotating moderators seems like a good option. I think easiest thing to do is encourage members to self-moderate. Before posting something, ask themselves the following --

1. Is what I'm going to post true?
  2. If it is true, is it necessary?
  3. Even if it is necessary, can I word it more kindly?

We have to deal with differences of opinions for sure, but let us be amicable whenever possible. When not, let us use the "ignore" option. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

48 minutes ago, dwai said:

1. Is what I'm going to post true?  No!
  2. If it is true, is it necessary? Obviously not!
  3. Even if it is necessary, can I word it more kindly? Please let my negativity embrace you like a warm cuddly blanket.

:):):)

• Haha 6

10 minutes ago, GSmaster said:

I am going to find a coder and make a programm that will analyze @Everything and @voidisyinyang posts, generate identical walls of text, add a randomizator protocol and switch words around, the bot will make multiple accounts on "dao" forums and flood the hell out of those forums.

---

You have to stop the disease, not accept it or find ways to live with it. Think about consequences, they are not only flooding, they are causing severe irreversible brain damage to people who bother reading those posts.

https://sebpearce.com/bullshit/

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, Ocean Form said:

But Everything has a post count of more than 3000 posts? Everything didn't use to write like that? What happened? :blink:

This is common actually when people with existing conditions or suggestability (often both) do not get professional help for mental health or professional training from experienced teachers (not scamgong artists or strip mall yoga and YouTube masters).

The spiritual paradigm becomes a bandaid for everything and they see everyone else as asleep or toxic, and they the new most perceptive and awakened messiahs.

Reminder: this is an Internet message board, not a place for diagnosis. Please get professional help and qualified instruction...

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Earl Grey said:

I wonder if this thread, based on current trends, will eventually address all spammers who push idiotic agendas, from New Age mental masturbation to posting the entire contents of their e-book, those who redirect the conversation to be proof of their assumed victimhood of their cabal, or posting about colonialism from aliens...because two of those idiots have already invaded this thread when talking about the titular idiot.

In all seriousness...can you explain this

Ancient-Megaltihic-Stones.jpg

anim-8-sided-stone-in-incan-flower-patte

KNOBS-PERU-1024x467.jpg

NewmanH2-12.jpg

gateofsunbolivia.jpg

ulta8-elongated.jpg

1290638_orig.jpg

yakovenkovo.jpg

ElongatedSkullsofStonehenge07.jpg

ElongatedSkullsofStonehenge10.jpgElongatedSkullsofStonehenge11.jpg

China-skulls-02.jpg

Book of Enoch

Official sources say the book was written 300 B.C. but since it is ascribed to Enoch, the great-grandfather of Noah, some speculate that it was written before the great flood.

The first part of the book is about "The Watchers", a group of "angel"s sent to earth to watch over humans. 200 of those angels committed transgression by having sex with humans, creating a hybrid race called the Nephilim. Of the Nephilim it is said that they were giants and savages that endagered and pillaged humanity. It is said that the "Watchers" taught humans reading, writing, weaponry, cosmetics, sorcery, about the stars, meteorology, and many other arts and that this was problematic because it robbed humans the opportunity to discover the arts by themselves. They "revealed the eternal secrets which were preserved for heaven, which men were striving to learn.” the book says.

A global cult of ancient/elitist coneheads associated near stone megalith sites dating back to the Younger Dryas Flood with local legends of "gods" descending from the skies...  All just "idiotic agendas," huh??? :rolleyes:

Again, the viable ancient alien theory keeps strengthening (here & elsewhere) because not only has it not been debunked by Enlilites...but the multidisciplinary evidence for it only keeps mounting!

Edited by gendao
  • Like 3

15 minutes ago, gendao said:

KNOBS-PERU-1024x467.jpg

NewmanH2-12.jpg

gateofsunbolivia.jpg

ulta8-elongated.jpg

1290638_orig.jpg

yakovenkovo.jpg

China-skulls-02.jpg

A global cult of ancient/elitist coneheads associated near stone megalith sites dating back to the Younger Dryas Flood with local legends of "gods" descending from the skies...  All just "idiotic agendas," huh??? :rolleyes:

Again, the viable ancient alien theory keeps strengthening (here & elsewhere) because not only has it not been debunked by Enlilites...but the multidisciplinary evidence for it only keeps mounting!

That's all well and good Gendao but it doesn't tell us exactly which planet Everything is from, does it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Earl Grey said:

We actually did this on another thread and used it as an oracle. Sounded exactly like him.

And he thought it was  a real post and acclaimed it for its wisdom  :)

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, Ocean Form said:

But Everything has a post count of more than 3000 posts? Everything didn't use to write like that? What happened? :blink:

Contact with  New Age  Enlightened Masters  .

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, gendao said:

KNOBS-PERU-1024x467.jpg

NewmanH2-12.jpg

gateofsunbolivia.jpg

ulta8-elongated.jpg

1290638_orig.jpg

yakovenkovo.jpg

China-skulls-02.jpg

Yes I can explain this ; overall, instead of a big wall of off topic text, its a big wall of off topic pictures .  And it is the usual style ; just a whole heap of images stuck together with no reference, back ground analysis or meaning  (aside from the end comment about Enoch) . Things are presented this way on the internut  so those that do not have a deeper understanding will make  visual associations and think " Gosh ! Look at that ....  it looks like ..... "

The abso classic  debunk  in this subject are the ancient Egyptian  hieroglyphs  touted a while back all over the internet and sites that showed helicopter , UFO and tank   ..... people looked at it and where ' WOW!  Lookit that ! "  and writing all sorts of fantastical stuff about it .

2ac326ad28785585a742229915ebe9ff.jpg

Because they did not understand, know or have any background in what they where looking at . Yet felt  their superficial but yet outlandish explanations where valid  and true .  Which seems just as biased as insisting the current academic explanations must be true .  Thing is, they change as more info comes to light .

The radical explanations do not change as more info comes to light , the more info is ignored, and in some cases outright lied about and falsified .

I have busted a few of those here over the years . And in other places . One was a HUGE block, impossible to carve, yet there it was , with tiny people next to it ... of course, not much accompanied info ever was posted with it. It was tracked down to be a  small stone feature from somewhere else and the back ground and tiny people Photoshopped in.

But New Age peeps dont talk about that one or put it up as 'evidence ' any more .    Just sweep those ones under the carpet .

Pic 1 . is also a big wall. People like walls, they have been making them for ages .

2. Is a mosaic joinery in stone to help with earthquake resistance.

3. Shows 'bosses' / protrusions so a stone can be manipulated into place by leverage and slings . Thing is if you put the rope around the block, underneath , when you put it in place m how ya gonna get the rope out ?  This problem was solved by Masons with the 'masonic lewis' .   The reason different cultures used it is that is how you do it, when you only have the technology they did . A bit like how some pottery jugs have handles on the side , in Mexico, Azerbaijan or  Ethiopia .

4.  One must assume that the H figure is supposed to show something significant . Why not use 'T' s ? There are heaps more T designs in things all over the world !

5. Some  decorative block carved out of a relatively soft rock . I realise the pop rant on this is that this stone is very hard , but , ummmmm ... they lied.

6.  Yes, thats a  big ornate gateway . It cracked .   Probably not from a UFO laser cannon .

7.  Then a series of  skull pictures (or just some funny hats ) from different cultures.   A type of skull binding that has been done in different cultures.  One could ask THOSE people that did it why they did it .   or we can make up our own reasons .

4 hours ago, gendao said:

Only if you dont closely examine the de-bunking  or intelligent analysis that has been done on a lot of this .

But whatever , if you  still think lightening  is caused by the Gods being angry , doesnt matter one way or the other if you get hit by it .

Not that I want to spoil anyone's fun or anything   

:D

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Since gendao has mentioned conehead aliens I did a little research to see if they are here. And lo and behold they are. :lol:

p14921_v_v8_aa.jpg

• Haha 3

Others have shared my point much more eloquently.

Edited by JohnC
Discression.

18 hours ago, Zork said:

So if I told you to jump off a cliff you would do so?

Stop that nonsense rhetoric! Everyone must take full responsibility for his/her own actions!

WTF are you nine or something?

Lesson learned, next time I encounter fake outrage about derailing a thread I won't bother to create a new thread because that seems to create even more fake outrage.

1 hour ago, MegaMind said:

Lesson learned, next time I encounter fake outrage about derailing a thread I won't bother to create a new thread because that seems to create even more fake outrage.

MegaMind, formerly known as MildMouse23: Here you are derailing a thread and in both posts here, you are omitting plenty of details about what you've done that was an issue. It's been repeated and pointed out to you by every member, but you and your cabal have a habit of ignoring details, then omitting them when recalling them, and playing victim. 

Once again: 1) you went off topic, 2) you started a new topic, 3) you specifically called my name out in that thread, 4) I was amicable and friendly, talking about a general idea, 5) you kept on bringing up your system and how people have used the same logic for attacking your system, 6) I said "DO NOT BRING IT UP! DO NOT PUT WORDS IN MY MOUTH!" and you continued to do so and talk about it, 7) you acted with complete impunity and refused to do anything but go back to your victimhood. 

NOW, you are derailing THIS thread, and not only that, for someone who talks about being rational and logical, you've used several logical fallacies: false analogy, false conclusion, repetition, missing the point, slippery slope, straw man, and distracting with irrelevance

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nungali said:

Yes, whether Everything or Drew spam walls of text or Gendao keeps posting this idiotic agenda from pictures, it's all spam, yet Gendao can't answer: what languages does he speak, what countries has he visited and done any work or research in, where does he get his sources, why he thinks memes are primary sources (even thinking Newsweek is a primary source, when periodicals aren't necessarily primary sources, and Newsweek is clickbait now). Instead, we get at worst ad hominem attacks and poisoning the well to discredit everything else, memes, and a lot of the same garbage about how he and his Sitchin delusion are inevitable and explain everything, ad nauseam...

Edited by Earl Grey
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, MegaMind said:

Again i need to ask: are you nine or something? Am i or anyone else for that matter, to be held responsible for your posts?