Apech

Let things be

Try to let things be. Try to let the sun rise on its own. Try to let the sun set on its own. If you’re sick, let it be and try not to get too hung up about it. If you’re dying, just let it be, don’t try to fight it, because it’s natural. It’s not a bad thing at all. You know, we’re meant to move on in a way, and just go further and further. We are never meant to stay in one place and get stuck there.

So, therefore, try to somehow find a way to let it be, in your own way. Whatever way works. Of course we are individuals, we all have our own way of letting go and letting things be. Try to do that, and by doing that, then all the things we wish for automatically come. I cannot explain why. We often think that if you want things you must do things but often that doesn’t work. And when we finally get what we want we are not happy with it, and we want something else. So therefore, if you let it be, in fact, the things we want the most actually come. It’s the funniest thing. We don’t know how to explain it, but that’s the way it is. So in that spirit, in that mindset, try to let things be. Then whatever it is that you’re looking for, it will come.

#Karmapa - Karmapa Thaye Dorje

Just sharing this cos i like it :).

Especially this part  'So therefore, if you let it be, in fact, the things we want the most actually come.'

Sounds quite Daoist for a Buddhist ;)

• Like 8
  • Thanks 4

Yeah and no need to try either. Just let things always be perfect just the way they are. And allow the freshness of each new moment to delight you, ongoingly, evermore, here and now, being and becoming, evermore, here and now.

You got no choice to allow everything and anything to simply be that which it is always being and becoming evermore here and now. So if you allow yourself instead, to allow it? Then you got your secret that shall set yourself free. And come back into alignment, with your true ability to ALLOW.

The key to all of deliberate creation. 

I know, you may say, I am not the creator of my own reality?! But that is because you haven't truely let things be just yet. You haven't allowed things to show how everything revolves around your every aspect of your eternal and infinite ever expanding being. 

And when you do, the freedom is so intoxicating. The clarity and well-being is so enlightening, refeshing and renewing every step along the way of your eternal becoming.

It is so easy that if you try, you fail. So don't try... Let things be. Forevermore. And witness how all of it allows you in return, aswell, to be all that you truely are, being and becoming, evermore, here and now.

• Like 1

On 12/4/2019 at 5:14 AM, Apech said:

Me too!

And I think that's the best reason to share!

:wub:

Especially this part  'So therefore, if you let it be, in fact, the things we want the most actually come.'

That is essentially the core of Dzogchen - complete perfection, effortless action.

Everything is already there, we just block it by trying.

Let go, open, and whatever is needed will come.

It really does work but it takes a lot of time to learn to trust it.

Wu wei is essentially the view and practice of Dzogchen for me.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

22 hours ago, steve said:

It really does work but it takes a lot of time to learn to trust it.

Here's the secret (and obvious when you're there), you are the trust itself. When you trust unconditionally you are allowing yourself to be who you truely are.

You are always trusting, it does not take time to learn how to trust. It takes right here and now, to learn what you are choosing to trust. Now, and now and now. This is the ultimate freedom that you all seek, of evermore greater allowed realisation.

That is your unconditional worthiness to be, do or have anything you so desire. And your conscious deliberate unconditional evermore greater allowed realisation of all of it being and becoming evermore here and now.

And then you can swap the word realisation with deliberate conscious co-creating. As you are the co-creator of your individual life experience. And you do it in full harmony and alignment with your own ever expanding greater non-physical consciousness, of which you are an inseperable extension of it, hence you can always feel your energy motional relativity to all of it being and becoming evermore here and now as your valuable emotional guidance system. So you can never ever get it wrong, and you will never ever get it done.

So can you feel the difference, or sense the emotional, energy motional, difference, of saying "It takes allot of time to learn to trust it."

And saying "I am always trusting here and now, something to be true. Otherwise I would have no experience at all. It takes no time to trust, it takes zero time to know what I am choosing to trust here and now, again and again. And am I willing to choose to trust something that feels better to me emotionally, unconditionally, evermore here and now?"

Your emotions are always referring to your true self which is infinite and eternal and ever expanding. As Dao. It is all about the energy motional alignment, that cannot be achieved through conditional action. It is the unconditonal ALLOWED alignment. Because if you do nothing that creates the seperation/resistance, the allowance is naturally and effortlessly already there. Hence when you meditate, and quiet your mind, your true self naturally arises, and you naturally feel better.

Like holding a cork under water, if you let go, it floats naturally and effortlessly back to the surface, that can be an anology to your natural and effortless evermore greater allowed realisation, that simply feels better emotionally, because it is your true natural state of being and becoming evermore here and now, in evermore full harmony and alignment with the ever expanding infinite and eternal Dao, being and becoming evermore here and now, all that you want to be do or have, evermore here and now, unconditionally, energy motionally, as the source of all any and all conditions.

Hence if you trust unconditionally, you allow everything to unfold perfectly and joyously and freely and truely and really and vividly and ever replenishingly and refreshingly here and now for you, evermore, effortlessly, naturally, joyously, lovingly. As all those good feeling positive emotions that indicate your full alignment with your full total evermore greater allowed realisation of physical and non-physical hand in hand together as one total naturally effortless ever expanding being, through the path of least resistance, that is of all natural being and becoming evermore here and now, that is in full harmony and alignment with the energy which creates worlds, to be do or have anything you so desire, as your unconditional worthiness to be do or have anything you so desire, as it is all being and becoming evermore here and now, for you. As you are an inseperable extension of all of it being and becoming evermore here and now. Hence you always feel your energy motional relativity to it as your valuable emotional guidance system.

To choose to focus your consciousness ongoingly on that which feels better, to also love the negative emotion that lets you know what you DO WANT. For when do you know more clearly what you DO WANT when you know so clearly in the moment what it is you don't want? The contrast is a necessary function of your consciousness ability to focus on your evermore naturally and effortless deliberate creating and co-creating the moreness of your evermore being and becoming evermore here and now, naturally and effortlessly and joyously. 

As when I draw a pointy cloud, and it doesn't look right. Do I kill myself because the pointy cloud doesn't look right? Or do I enjoy the realisation of my negative emotion, and the realisation of what I don't want, and the conscious deliberate realisation of my CREATING of what I don't want. So then I ask myself, so what would feel better? Because my greater non-physcial consciousness has already become it. Ever expandingly. I think, ok... If a pointy cloud feels bad, doesn't that mean the opposite would feel better? How do I know what the opposite is? BY VIRTUE OF HOW I FEEL AS I FOCUS UPON IT AND THUS ALLOW MY GREATER ALLOWED REALISATION OF IT AS IT IS BEING AND BECOMING EVERMORE HERE AND NOW FOR ME, OR YOU. So I feel, hmmm, I don't like the sharpness of this pointy cloud. I want to be more soft. Yes that does feel better! A soft cloud! Ah soft like my bed. Or whool. Or a wavy roundness. And so I draw a more round wavy soft cloud. And I look at it and enjoy my greater allowed realisation of what I do want.

And this process is your eternal and infinite effortlessly evermore greater allowed realisation of all that you truely are being and becoming evermore effortlessly and joyously here and now.

So when you trust it, trust your joy. Because every experience that you have, expands the universe. And Dao flows with all that has been realised to be wanted, unconditionally ever expandingly evermore here and now. So if you want to understand every single experience you have in your life, just feel for joy, and you will understand it evermore ongoingly more effortlessly and naturally here and now. And there is no limit to the heights your evermore greater allowed realisation can reach. You can and will always be allowing yourself to feel better, unconditionally,  emotionally, evermore. Don't need to die to accomplish that. But meditiation can help, so that you can focus more clearly on what you do want. And simply, naturally and effortlessly allow its evermore ongoing greater allowed realisation of it for you. That is your unconditional worthiness to be do or have anything you so desire. As it is all being and becoming evermore here and now, and you co-create all of it in full harmony and alignment with your ever expanding greater non-physical consciousness who is being and becoming all that you want to be do or have, ongoingly evermore here and now, unconditionally, energy motionally. As you are an inseperable extension of it, and thus you can always feel your energy motional relativity to it, as your valuable emotional guidance system.

As everything  that anyone has ever wanted to be do or have, is because they thought they would feel better in the being, doing or having of it. If you allow yourself to feel better emotionally, unconditionally, primarily first, you allow all that you truely want to be evermore ongoingly here and now, evermore greaterly realised by you, evermore ongoingly more effortlessly and joyously and truely and freely and vividly and EFFORTLESSLY. ALLOWING yourself to enjoy the unconditionaly, primary energy motional alignment of all that you truely are being and becoming evermore here and now, as DAO the energy which creates worlds, flows through your very heart, soul and being. And to come into alignment with that, unconditionally, energy motionally, emotionally, trusting unconditionally, loving unconditionally, loving for the joy of love, feeling the freedom for the freedom of the freedom itself, focusing on the primary unconditional energy motional ALLOWED alignment with all that you truely are being and becoming, evermore ongoingly effortlessly here and now. That is the key to all of conscious deliberate creating. Allow. Allow. Allow. Feel good. Be free. Focus on that which feels better. Ongoingly evermore here and now, naturally and effortlessly and joyously. To come to evermore effortless greater allowed realisation. That simply feels good! THAT IS THE PURPOSE OF YOUR EXISTANCE! FOR THE JOY OF YOUR EVERMORE ALLOWED BEING AND BECOMING AL THAT YOU TRUELY ARE BEING AND BECOMING. In full support of and in full harmony and alignment with the ever expanding infinite and eternal nature of Dao, of which you are an inseperable extension, being and becoming evermore here and now.

Let thing be = allow allow allow = feel good = path of least resistance of all natural being and becoming evermore effortlessly here and now = the grace of the infinitely exponentially ever accelerating acceleration of evermore greater allowed expansion of evermore greater EFFORTLESS power of DAO. That is your unconditional worthiness to be do or have anything you so truely desire, as it is being and becoming evermore here and now, that you can allow your full BLOWN REALISATION OF IT, UNCONDITIONALLY, UNDER ANY AND ALL CONDITIONS, REGARDLESS OF ANY AND ALL CONDITIONS, EMOTIONALLY. Tending to the energy motional relativity between you and You. Physical and non-physical converging here and now as JOY as evermore effortless greater allowed realisation of all that you truely are being and becoming evermore ongoingly effortlessly here and now. To leverage the energy and power of the energy which creates worlds! To come into alignment with ALL THAT YOU TRUELY ARE BEING AND BECOMING EVERMORE HERE AND NOW.

Edited by Everything

Amen. 

Don't push the river

On 12/4/2019 at 2:14 AM, Apech said:

Try to let things be. Try to let the sun rise on its own. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Everything said:

Here's the secret (and obvious when you're there), you are the trust itself. When you trust unconditionally you are allowing yourself to be who you truely are.

You are always trusting, it does not take time to learn how to trust. It takes right here and now, to learn what you are choosing to trust. Now, and now and now. This is the ultimate freedom that you all seek, of evermore greater allowed realisation.

That is your unconditional worthiness to be, do or have anything you so desire. And your conscious deliberate unconditional evermore greater allowed realisation of all of it being and becoming evermore here and now.

And then you can swap the word realisation with deliberate conscious co-creating. As you are the co-creator of your individual life experience. And you do it in full harmony and alignment with your own ever expanding greater non-physical consciousness, of which you are an inseperable extension of it, hence you can always feel your energy motional relativity to all of it being and becoming evermore here and now as your valuable emotional guidance system. So you can never ever get it wrong, and you will never ever get it done.

So can you feel the difference, or sense the emotional, energy motional, difference, of saying "It takes allot of time to learn to trust it."

And saying "I am always trusting here and now, something to be true. Otherwise I would have no experience at all. It takes no time to trust, it takes zero time to know what I am choosing to trust here and now, again and again. And am I willing to choose to trust something that feels better to me emotionally, unconditionally, evermore here and now?"

Your emotions are always referring to your true self which is infinite and eternal and ever expanding. As Dao. It is all about the energy motional alignment, that cannot be achieved through conditional action. It is the unconditonal ALLOWED alignment. Because if you do nothing that creates the seperation/resistance, the allowance is naturally and effortlessly already there. Hence when you meditate, and quiet your mind, your true self naturally arises, and you naturally feel better.

Like holding a cork under water, if you let go, it floats naturally and effortlessly back to the surface, that can be an anology to your natural and effortless evermore greater allowed realisation, that simply feels better emotionally, because it is your true natural state of being and becoming evermore here and now, in evermore full harmony and alignment with the ever expanding infinite and eternal Dao, being and becoming evermore here and now, all that you want to be do or have, evermore here and now, unconditionally, energy motionally, as the source of all any and all conditions.

Hence if you trust unconditionally, you allow everything to unfold perfectly and joyously and freely and truely and really and vividly and ever replenishingly and refreshingly here and now for you, evermore, effortlessly, naturally, joyously, lovingly. As all those good feeling positive emotions that indicate your full alignment with your full total evermore greater allowed realisation of physical and non-physical hand in hand together as one total naturally effortless ever expanding being, through the path of least resistance, that is of all natural being and becoming evermore here and now, that is in full harmony and alignment with the energy which creates worlds, to be do or have anything you so desire, as your unconditional worthiness to be do or have anything you so desire, as it is all being and becoming evermore here and now, for you. As you are an inseperable extension of all of it being and becoming evermore here and now. Hence you always feel your energy motional relativity to it as your valuable emotional guidance system.

To choose to focus your consciousness ongoingly on that which feels better, to also love the negative emotion that lets you know what you DO WANT. For when do you know more clearly what you DO WANT when you know so clearly in the moment what it is you don't want? The contrast is a necessary function of your consciousness ability to focus on your evermore naturally and effortless deliberate creating and co-creating the moreness of your evermore being and becoming evermore here and now, naturally and effortlessly and joyously. 

As when I draw a pointy cloud, and it doesn't look right. Do I kill myself because the pointy cloud doesn't look right? Or do I enjoy the realisation of my negative emotion, and the realisation of what I don't want, and the conscious deliberate realisation of my CREATING of what I don't want. So then I ask myself, so what would feel better? Because my greater non-physcial consciousness has already become it. Ever expandingly. I think, ok... If a pointy cloud feels bad, doesn't that mean the opposite would feel better? How do I know what the opposite is? BY VIRTUE OF HOW I FEEL AS I FOCUS UPON IT AND THUS ALLOW MY GREATER ALLOWED REALISATION OF IT AS IT IS BEING AND BECOMING EVERMORE HERE AND NOW FOR ME, OR YOU. So I feel, hmmm, I don't like the sharpness of this pointy cloud. I want to be more soft. Yes that does feel better! A soft cloud! Ah soft like my bed. Or whool. Or a wavy roundness. And so I draw a more round wavy soft cloud. And I look at it and enjoy my greater allowed realisation of what I do want.

And this process is your eternal and infinite effortlessly evermore greater allowed realisation of all that you truely are being and becoming evermore effortlessly and joyously here and now.

So when you trust it, trust your joy. Because every experience that you have, expands the universe. And Dao flows with all that has been realised to be wanted, unconditionally ever expandingly evermore here and now. So if you want to understand every single experience you have in your life, just feel for joy, and you will understand it evermore ongoingly more effortlessly and naturally here and now. And there is no limit to the heights your evermore greater allowed realisation can reach. You can and will always be allowing yourself to feel better, unconditionally,  emotionally, evermore. Don't need to die to accomplish that. But meditiation can help, so that you can focus more clearly on what you do want. And simply, naturally and effortlessly allow its evermore ongoing greater allowed realisation of it for you. That is your unconditional worthiness to be do or have anything you so desire. As it is all being and becoming evermore here and now, and you co-create all of it in full harmony and alignment with your ever expanding greater non-physical consciousness who is being and becoming all that you want to be do or have, ongoingly evermore here and now, unconditionally, energy motionally. As you are an inseperable extension of it, and thus you can always feel your energy motional relativity to it, as your valuable emotional guidance system.

As everything  that anyone has ever wanted to be do or have, is because they thought they would feel better in the being, doing or having of it. If you allow yourself to feel better emotionally, unconditionally, primarily first, you allow all that you truely want to be evermore ongoingly here and now, evermore greaterly realised by you, evermore ongoingly more effortlessly and joyously and truely and freely and vividly and EFFORTLESSLY. ALLOWING yourself to enjoy the unconditionaly, primary energy motional alignment of all that you truely are being and becoming evermore here and now, as DAO the energy which creates worlds, flows through your very heart, soul and being. And to come into alignment with that, unconditionally, energy motionally, emotionally, trusting unconditionally, loving unconditionally, loving for the joy of love, feeling the freedom for the freedom of the freedom itself, focusing on the primary unconditional energy motional ALLOWED alignment with all that you truely are being and becoming, evermore ongoingly effortlessly here and now. That is the key to all of conscious deliberate creating. Allow. Allow. Allow. Feel good. Be free. Focus on that which feels better. Ongoingly evermore here and now, naturally and effortlessly and joyously. To come to evermore effortless greater allowed realisation. That simply feels good! THAT IS THE PURPOSE OF YOUR EXISTANCE! FOR THE JOY OF YOUR EVERMORE ALLOWED BEING AND BECOMING AL THAT YOU TRUELY ARE BEING AND BECOMING. In full support of and in full harmony and alignment with the ever expanding infinite and eternal nature of Dao, of which you are an inseperable extension, being and becoming evermore here and now.

Let thing be = allow allow allow = feel good = path of least resistance of all natural being and becoming evermore effortlessly here and now = the grace of the infinitely exponentially ever accelerating acceleration of evermore greater allowed expansion of evermore greater EFFORTLESS power of DAO. That is your unconditional worthiness to be do or have anything you so truely desire, as it is being and becoming evermore here and now, that you can allow your full BLOWN REALISATION OF IT, UNCONDITIONALLY, UNDER ANY AND ALL CONDITIONS, REGARDLESS OF ANY AND ALL CONDITIONS, EMOTIONALLY. Tending to the energy motional relativity between you and You. Physical and non-physical converging here and now as JOY as evermore effortless greater allowed realisation of all that you truely are being and becoming evermore ongoingly effortlessly here and now. To leverage the energy and power of the energy which creates worlds! To come into alignment with ALL THAT YOU TRUELY ARE BEING AND BECOMING EVERMORE HERE AND NOW.

If you really want to persuade; learn to say what you said here in at least 80% fewer words.  Truth  tends to be succinct.

Edited by moment
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, thelerner said:

Amen. 

Don't push the river

Especially since the river is never the same twice.

• Like 3

On 04/12/2019 at 9:14 PM, Apech said:

My house might burn down . My gardens might burn up .

Okay, let it be . I even left a whole lot of 'valuable'   'possessions'  there .  

[ People think I am nuts and dont know what's going on.  I told em " Oh, I have had a  house burn down before, lost  everything except the motorcycle I was riding at the time, the clothes I was wearing and a shoulder bag with wallet and some stuff in it."

"What did you do ?"

" Something else. " ]

So I have gone to stay at a friends place .  I LOVE IT !  What a fantastic place and area !   I might even move here if my house doesnt burn down .  Now he tells me he wants to move out  .  Maybe I will take on this house .  But actually, I got my eye on a better one, half in the rainforest (but this time coastal rainforest, different ) and next to a little beach side park .

• Like 6

These things work best when no one depends on you.  If someone does, not so much.  Not to give the more obvious examples, just to illustrate with what's going on right now right here.  I've run out of cat food.  The cat is meowing.  I'm almost but not quite over a cold so I don't feel like making a trip to the store.  I'd rather let it be.  Or, in the spirit of the approaching Christmas, let him meow, let him meow, let him meow.

Going to the store now.    

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

2 minutes ago, Taomeow said:

These things work best when no one depends on you.  If someone does, not so much.  Not to give the more obvious examples, just to illustrate with what's going on right now right here.  I've run out of cat food.  The cat is meowing.  I'm almost but not quite over a cold so I don't feel like making a trip to the store.  I'd rather let it be.  Or, in the spirit of the approaching Christmas, let him meow, let him meow, let him meow.

Going to the store now.    

Indeed !

Regarding my above post ... if people keep giving me a  weird look after that explanation  , I :

"Oh !  I dont have kids, parents, a partner or  pets . "

Oh!  What I have missed out on becasue of that .

OHHHH !  What I have been able to do and be becasue of that !

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Taomeow said:

Going to the store now.    

It doesn't say 'let the cat be hungry' :)

• Haha 4

19 hours ago, Taomeow said:

Going to the store now.    

Even the Dalai Lama feeds his cat.  

(I just made that up.  Maybe he instructs an underling to feed his cat.  Maybe he doesn´t have a cat so that feeding rituals and vet visits won´t get in the way of meditation.  Nah...I prefer to think of him with a cat, a stubborn mewling tabby, that he feeds himself.)

I don´t have a cat but I do have taxes to pay, healthy meals that aren´t gonna cook themselves, a partner who needs encouragement to get out of the apartment.  If only "letting things be" meant that I didn´t have to do any of those things, I´d stay in bed reading all day.  

To me, letting things be means something akin to the Breema Bodywork principle of No Extra.  In Breema they say it like this: to express our true nature, nothing extra is needed.  What is extra?  Extra is all the extraneous thoughts and feelings we needlessly add, conceptual grit obscuring the stillness that would otherwise shine through our movements.  It´s possible to feed the cat with all the awareness and grace of a master performing a tea ceremony.  No extra.  Can we feed the cat without making up stories about the feeding?  No resentment about how much work it is.  No excitement about how healthy the cat is going to be with his new tuna fish diet.  Can we feed the cat in a way that is naked and pure and beautifully spare?  To me, that´s letting things be.  The cat gets fed; we express our cat-owner nature; the tao flows on. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, liminal_luke said:

Even the Dalai Lama feeds his cat.  

(I just made that up.  Maybe he instructs an underling to feed his cat.  Maybe he doesn´t have a cat so that feeding rituals and vet visits won´t get in the way of meditation.  Nah...I prefer to think of him with a cat, a stubborn mewling tabby, that he feeds himself.)

I don´t have a cat but I do have taxes to pay, healthy meals that aren´t gonna cook themselves, a partner who needs encouragement to get out of the apartment.  If only "letting things be" meant that I didn´t have to do any of those things, I´d stay in bed reading all day.  

To me, letting things be means something akin to the Breema Bodywork principle of No Extra.  In Breema they say it like this: to express our true nature, nothing extra is needed.  What is extra?  Extra is all the extraneous thoughts and feelings we needlessly add, conceptual grit obscuring the stillness that would otherwise shine through our movements.  It´s possible to feed the cat with all the awareness and grace of a master performing a tea ceremony.  No extra.  Can we feed the cat without making up stories about the feeding?  No resentment about how much work it is.  No excitement about how healthy the cat is going to be with his new tuna fish diet.  Can we feed the cat in a way that is naked and pure and beautifully spare?  To me, that´s letting things be.  The cat gets fed; we express our cat-owner nature; the tao flows on. 

From what I've read in one of my favorite books, The Continuum Concept: In Search of Happiness Lost, that's how mothers of the nearly uncontacted tribe the author lived with for a few years nurse their children.  And that's how they watch out for their well-being and safety.  Simply put, they don't, they just enjoy doing what they normally do plus the child on the body, doing its child thing which is never seen as "extra" anything.  The child does its child thing, mom does her adult thing, and the child is interacted with continuously even when not directly interacted with.  The child knows nothing but this immersion into well-being and safety, because no one is fussing, and no one is fussing because no one is anxious, and because no one is anxious, everyone is capable of paying unimpeded, unencumbered, relaxed and aware attention to everything in their environment.  Which is why toddlers who might wander off "unsupervised" if they like routinely play tumble on the edge of a precipice, and the author was the only one worried they might fall off.  No child ever falls off.   

Edited by Taomeow
typo
  • Like 5

11 minutes ago, Taomeow said:

From what I've read in one of my favorite books, The Continuum Concept: In Search of Happiness Lost, that's how mothers of the nearly uncontacted tribe the author lived with for a few years nurse their children.  And that's how they watch out for their well-being and safety.  Simply put, they don't, they just enjoy doing what they normally do plus the child on the body, doing its child thing which is never seen as "extra" anything.  The child does its child thing, mom does her adult thing, and the child is interacted with continuously even when not directly interacted with.  The child knows nothing but this immersion into well-being and safety, because no one is fussing, and no one is fussing because no one is anxious, and because no one is anxious, everyone is capable of paying unimpeded, unenumbered, relaxed and aware attention to everything in their environment.  Which is why toddlers who might wander off "unsupervised" if they like routinely play tumble on the edge of a precipice, and the author was the only one worried they might fall off.  No child ever falls off.   

Sounds wonderful!  It goes without saying that I wasn´t raised like that.  The whole of my spiritual practice boils down to an attempt to return to that sense of innocence, ease and safety.  (If you´ve got suggestions in this regard, I´m all ears.  Maybe I´ll check out the book.)

Edited by liminal_luke
  • Like 2

On 12/11/2019 at 4:25 AM, Taomeow said:

I've run out of cat food.  The cat is meowing.  I'm almost but not quite over a cold so I don't feel like making a trip to the store.  I'd rather let it be...

Going to the store now.    

{Personal note to self: When in need of stuff, stand outside of Taomeow's house and caterwaul. Works best when she's getting over a cold. Estimate nighttime is preferable. Best to bring Christmas wish list. Guaranteed satisfaction. No way anything could possibly go wrong with this plan.}

• Haha 2

the ability to 'trust' - I think there are many shades of the word. What are we trusting the universe to do?  To always do what we have in our mind, what we can 'see' in the future, what we want at the moment?

No.  I don't think that's it at all. I think it acts as a moving mechanism.  The flow of the universe is always at work; our plans may be fixed but the universe is not.  The Trust, as I see it, is to know that the universe, at that moment, has a perfect response.  If we get in there and muck it up with too much fear (because we're giving up our control) it won't come out perfectly.  I think it's good to remember that we are ceremonial straw dogs, as per DDJ.  The universe has no preference, one over the other.  No one is more important than the other, despite outward appearances.

The great equalizer, as I see it, is that when we look at the pupils of another's eyes we are looking into Source.  Into God.  Into the Dao.  As we are when we look into a mirror.  Everyone, no matter how seemingly contemptuous they are, is Source.  When this can be kept in mind throughout the day, where's the dysfunction?  It would be like one leg of an octopus arguing with another leg, not realizing they're the same creature.  (Or are they arms??)

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Apech said:

Did you let your point be, Luke?  :)

I did!  Part of me rebelled against the idea of sharing an octopus body with a certain Bum.  In my defense, said Bum is unlikely to want to share an octopus body with my either.  Maybe someday I´ll gain an experiential sense of Manitou´s mystical vision but for now I am still struggling in the hell pit of illusory separation.  C´est la vie. Unlike Taomeow´s hungry cat, who really did need caring attention, my interpersonal squabbles can safely be forgotten.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, liminal_luke said:

I did!  Part of me rebelled against the idea of sharing an octopus body with a certain Bum.  In my defense, said Bum is unlikely to want to share an octopus body with my either.  Maybe someday I´ll gain an experiential sense of Manitou´s mystical vision but for now I am still struggling in the hell pit of illusory separation.  C´est la vie. Unlike Taomeow´s hungry cat, who really did need caring attention, my interpersonal squabbles can safely be forgotten.

LOL.  Hang around.  I got a million of 'em.

• Haha 1