mark

Phosphorus in internal alchemy

Was wondering if anyone had info regarding phosphorus as a stage in internal alchemy, similar to mercury/cinnabar or lead in daoist alchemy? Supposedly phosphorus was useful for its 'trapped light'.

• Like 1

This probably isn't the direction your thinking of, but I remember Doc Morris talking about paying attention to the phosphorus (colors, particularly bright neons) behind your eyes.  What mood and levels create which colors, and when you get purple try to stay there. 

Again probably not the physical phosphorous your thinking of, but daoist terms can sometimes be quite multilevel. 

Edited by thelerner
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, thelerner said:

...paying attention to the phosphorus (colors, particularly bright neons) behind your eyes. 

This makes me discouraged as I have never seen any colours behind the eyes.

For awhile I didn't but they're there, often shifting around.   Particularly apparent as we move from normal consciousness into deeper ones, as we awaken or fall asleep.

Or for an automatic hit, there's a practice where you keep your eyes closed and face the sun.  You'll become aware of phosphorus colors then.  I believe the Healing Dao practice was to envision the colors seeping into your skeleton.  They'll change from lighter neons to darker purples quickly and wash each color down, while keeping your eyes closed. 

• Like 4

Interestingly the Purple Court known as tzu-t'ang is a reference to the 'highest' celestial place, residing at the north direction, also often viewed as purple. The Purple portal said to reside an inch above the spot between the eyebrows permits access to the Purple Hall.

Phosphorus / Eosphorus has been likened to venus the morning star/lucifer, an element that literally 'brings forth light' when heated. I'm thinking that once fire is harmonized with water in alchemy, the shimmering light/vapor is released

Edited by mark
  • Like 1

Just came across this: " If it is heated in an atmosphere of inert gas, for example nitrogen or carbon dioxide, it sublimes and the vapour condenses as white phosphorus. If it is heated in a vacuum and the vapour condensed rapidly, violet phosphorus is obtained. "

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RobB said:

I think it was 'phosphenes' not phosphorus

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phosphene

Good chance you're right.  Phosphene (a ring or spot of light produced by pressure on the eyeball or direct stimulation of the visual system other than by light.) would make more sense then phosphorus, once nick named the 'devil's element'.  Still in daoist alchemy internal and external theories move in strange sometimes unexpected directions.  When I have Glenn Morris's book 'Pathnotes..' near me I'll double check the exact wording.  Odds are you're right.  

Some sages talk about keeping the body alkaline, saying that acidic is bad, but it's mostly about your energy motional alignment that naturally inspires the natural alignment of your body to create the natural most conducive of healthy states of being. Also through inspired action, that is indicative of energy motional alignment.

for food, you just give your body what it wants. But in order to be in receptive mode to know always what you need to know when you need to know, including what your body truely wants when it wants, and how all of that plays out with your souls greater awareness of what is available to you and offering you the path of least resistance towards your full realisation of anything that you can ever want to be do or have, you have to align your energy motional relativity between your physical being and your greater non-physical consciousness. To be able to receive clear felt and inspired and conscious knowing and clearly understood and felt or sensed intuitive guidance.

So I would say, like always, tend to the energy motional alignment as can be felt by your emotions. When you align your consciousness with your own greater non-physical consciousness, you will feel better emotionally, and vice versa, if you let the primary indicator be your emotions, and you allow yourself to feel better emotionally primarily first, the rest comes naturally after that. You will be in the energy motional state of being of integrative realisation, non-physical energy motionally and physical full allowed greater allowed realisation ongoingly evermore better feelingly aswell, within and without.

It's all about thought alignment with thought of your greater non-physical consciousness. Which can be felt through your emotions, as lesser allowed alignment to more allowed alignment, from feeling worse to feeling better, emotionally.

Through the emotion, you are capable of bringing anything and everything to more fully allowed greater realisation in your life. Wether it's wanting to always be in the perfect place at the perfect timing, being inspired to actions through the path of least resistance that leverages the energy which creates worlds, achieving the perfect state of health for your perfect unique individuality, it's always about the energy motional alignment with your own greater non-physical consciousness, which knows all that you want to be do or have and is being and becoming the evermoreness of it evermore here and now, always in full harmony and alignment and alliance with the ever expanding source of all creation.

Edited by Everything
  • Like 1