dwai

The Mahāsiddha Field - My first novel

Just finished the First book. In a word excellent!

Advice: Get cracking on the Audio Book.

Know you are busy on the next book looking forward to it!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pilgrim said:

Just finished the First book. In a word excellent!

Advice: Get cracking on the Audio Book.

Know you are busy on the next book looking forward to it!

Thanks my friend! I actually have started on the audiobook. Decided to do it myself. I'll send you a sample when I got it up to some decent quality. :) 

Already did the raw cut of first 5 chapters :D 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, dwai said:

Thanks my friend! I actually have started on the audiobook. Decided to do it myself. I'll send you a sample when I got it up to some decent quality. :) 

Already did the raw cut of first 5 chapters :D 

Ohhh. Thank you I am very much looking forward to that!

One of the things that is really great about this book is the pace of it, just when I was thinking it was slowing down and loosing momentum you stomped on the accelerator. Caught myself laughing a few times over that and thinking oh Gawd hah! 

As I feared the very thing I was afraid of with your book came to pass it ended far too soon even though I stretched it out reading and absorbing and savoring the pages.

When I got to the end it was like having to say goodbye to some new good friends I had made while reading the story.  

Now I am eager to read the next book and think wow, what a monumental challenge you have created for yourself to match up to the first book.

To those reading this I want to point out there are many spiritual truths that are made very clear by Dwai in this book in a very interesting story. There are even effective practices given,  this book is truly worth the time and the money, without a doubt.

• Like 3

Just now, Pilgrim said:

Ohhh. Thank you I am very much looking forward to that!

One of the things that is really great about this book is the pace of it, just when I was thinking it was slowing down and loosing momentum you stomped on the accelerator. Caught myself laughing a few times over that and thinking oh Gawd hah! 

As I feared the very thing I was afraid of with your book came to pass it ended far too soon even though I stretched it out reading and absorbing and savoring the pages.

When I got to the end it was like having to say goodbye to some new good friends I had made while reading the story.  

Now I am eager to read the next book and think wow, what a monumental challenge you have created for yourself to match up to the first book.

To those reading this I want to point out there are many spiritual truths that are made very clear by Dwai in this book in a very interesting story. There are even effective practices given,  this book is truly worth the time and the money, without a doubt.

:wub:

Hi Dwai, your book was just delivered by my courier this afternoon, I picked it up in Vilcabamba just a little while ago.  It's the second book I've gotten which was signed by the author, the first one was signed in person by my Yang tai chi teacher/grandfather, grandmaster Tchoung Ta Tchen, so you're in good company.   I'm going to start on it this evening.

• Like 2

Friends,

Here's an interview about my book and my writer's journey

Spoiler

• Like 2

@dwai I wanted to let you know that my wife got me your book for Christmas. I recently finished it. I read a lot. I have to confess, though, that it's the first time that I have read a book strictly for enjoyment and not with the intent of learning something (business, programming, Qigong, ...) in over 15 years. That's not to say I didn't learn anything, in fact, I learned plenty. I ended up researching the mythological entities that were described in the book. Also, reading the book strengthened my resolve to commit to doing more Zhan Zhuang. I enjoyed the story and look forward to the next one. Thank you for being an encouraging presence here on TDB and giving me the opportunity to realize I can read just for fun again.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, escott said:

@dwai I wanted to let you know that my wife got me your book for Christmas. I recently finished it. I read a lot. I have to confess, though, that it's the first time that I have read a book strictly for enjoyment and not with the intent of learning something (business, programming, Qigong, ...) in over 15 years. That's not to say I didn't learn anything, in fact, I learned plenty. I ended up researching the mythological entities that were described in the book. Also, reading the book strengthened my resolve to commit to doing more Zhan Zhuang. I enjoyed the story and look forward to the next one. Thank you for being an encouraging presence here on TDB and giving me the opportunity to realize I can read just for fun again.

🙏🏾 I’m glad you enjoyed the book. Please do leave a review on Amazon and goodreads.com to help the book climb up on Amazon’s algorithm if it’s not too much trouble :) 

Edited by dwai
  • Like 1

I enjoyed reading The Mahasiddha Field quite a lot.  It is a rousing fast paced adventure story with several story lines masterfully blended together.  What was neat about this book, and rare, is the way the author blended together spiritual truths and knowledge, highest level tai chi internal arts combat methods, and ancient Vedic history, into a fascinating science fiction adventure.  Many people will not know about or be able believe the spiritual or internal martial arts accounts, but that would not detract from the story for them.  It was nice though, to read about such things in an adventure story.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Starjumper said:

I enjoyed reading The Mahasiddha Field quite a lot.  It is a rousing fast paced adventure story with several story lines masterfully blended together.  What was neat about this book, and rare, is the way the author blended together spiritual truths and knowledge, highest level tai chi internal arts combat methods, and ancient Vedic history, into a fascinating science fiction adventure.  Many people will not know about or be able believe the spiritual or internal martial arts accounts, but that would not detract from the story for them.  It was nice though, to read about such things in an adventure story.

Thanks for the wonderful review Steve! I much appreciate your support and encouragement, as well as the feedback you provided via email (which I've taken to heart now). 

• Like 2

As I get closer to publishing my second novel, I'm giving away 10 copies of Vol 1 (The Mahasiddha Field)  right now for free. Feel free to snag a copy. If you feel moved to post a review on goodreads.com etc, please help me out and do so. 

https://BookHip.com/SSGQMG

Edited by dwai
  • Thanks 1

I read the whole thing yesterday, and it was as fun read. The world building and setting the scene is done well in earlier parts of the book. However, I feel like @dwai failed to extract and exploit this potential well.

The mahasiddha army seemed way too overpowered and the legendary asuras and danavas with their powerful black magic and millennia-ahead tech were suddenly as easy to convince as an innocent villager. There had to be something about Asuras and Danavas which stopped the sages and saints of the earlier yugas from converting them and preventing the countless Devasura Wars. Moreover, I don't think that even the most elite of kshatriyas could outdo the mighty Asuras with the kind of ease these half-year trainees could.

Ranting here cuz I don't have an account on Goodreads.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, skyblue said:

I read the whole thing yesterday, and it was as fun read. The world building and setting the scene is done well in earlier parts of the book. However, I feel like @dwai failed to extract and exploit this potential well.

The mahasiddha army seemed way too overpowered and the legendary asuras and danavas with their powerful black magic and millennia-ahead tech were suddenly as easy to convince as an innocent villager. There had to be something about Asuras and Danavas which stopped the sages and saints of the earlier yugas from converting them and preventing the countless Devasura Wars. Moreover, I don't think that even the most elite of kshatriyas could outdo the mighty Asuras with the kind of ease these half-year trainees could.

Ranting here cuz I don't have an account on Goodreads.

I love the response :) 

And don't go by the 'laughicon" to your comment from me -- it is from the joy of seeing some issues that some people find with the plot. 

• Like 1

Cracking good action story. The above criticism is on point, but, on the tales own terms, I enjoyed the ride.  I've been a big fan of Roger Zelazny, especially geeking over his Amber books. Michael Moorcock's "Eternal Champion " is part of my fantasy bedrock. Stuff rooted in fictional multiverses is a staple of what I'd call literary comfort food.  A fresh story set in as venerable a cosmos as a version of the Vedic one worked well- a literary world I'll gladly revisit. 

Edited by Sketch
  • Thanks 1