dwai

The Mahāsiddha Field - My first novel

1 hour ago, Taomeow said:

Got it on my Kindle.  Thank you, Dwai.  Look forward. :)

I’m Honored! Hope you enjoy it :) 

• Like 1

Those of you who’ve got the book and read it, please do leave a note here and also amazon or goodreads If you can. Your support and help is much appreciated :) 

• Like 1

Just noticed this thread, Dwai -- I will join your mailing list, buy your book, read it and post a review! :)

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Brian said:

Just noticed this thread, Dwai -- I will join your mailing list, buy your book, read it and post a review! :)

Hi Brian, 

First of all, so wonderful to see you back here again! 
 I am honored and happy to see your note. I hope I won’t disappoint my fellow Dao bums with what I’ve written.

Your support means a lot to me. 

Best,

Dwai 

• Thanks 1

On 12/24/2019 at 2:21 PM, dwai said:

Thank you so much for your support! 
Please leave a comment on amazon if you like the book :) 

All Lahiris come from the same common ancestor - Lokenath Sharma of Kanyakubja. But that was almost 2000 years back...

That said, I’m not from the same branch as Lahiri Mahashay :) 

You are welcome I am reading it a little at a time, and that is a good sign because when I read something like this it is with an attitude of savoring a fine dish not wanting the meal to end too soon.

Very much enjoying the first few chapters and how you are capturing village life and the attitudes and sentiments of the people of India, this very much matches with the Swami's I have learned from as well as the householders I have known,  this book may very well become something more than you ever intended.

Once I have read it all I will be certain to put up a 5 star review on Amazon as that is the direction this is heading in thus far.

Thank you so much for your time and effort and one of the more enjoyable books I have had the privilege to read in recent years.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pilgrim said:

You are welcome I am reading it a little at a time, and that is a good sign because when I read something like this it is with an attitude of savoring a fine dish not wanting the meal to end too soon.

Very much enjoying the first few chapters and how you are capturing village life and the attitudes and sentiments of the people of India, this very much matches with the Swami's I have learned from as well as the householders I have known,  this book may very well become something more than you ever intended.

Once I have read it all I will be certain to put up a 5 star review on Amazon as that is the direction this is heading in thus far.

Thank you so much for your time and effort and one of the more enjoyable books I have had the privilege to read in recent years.

Thought you might enjoy this — 

I’m in LA currently, and had the good fortune of meditating in the Lake Shrine temple yesterday. It is a powerful place and perhaps one of the most powerful places I’ve visited in the US. 

Sitting there in the temple hall, I was pulled into a deep stillness along with expansive awareness. Little by little I merged with the temple and all the people there. And then after a while as I came out of the stillness I saw a gigantic form of Lahiri mahashay standing in the hall.

Im certainly planning to visit again When I visit LA again :) 

6 hours ago, dwai said:

Thought you might enjoy this — 

I’m in LA currently, and had the good fortune of meditating in the Lake Shrine temple yesterday. It is a powerful place and perhaps one of the most powerful places I’ve visited in the US. 

Sitting there in the temple hall, I was pulled into a deep stillness along with expansive awareness. Little by little I merged with the temple and all the people there. And then after a while as I came out of the stillness I saw a gigantic form of Lahiri mahashay standing in the hall.

Im certainly planning to visit again When I visit LA again :) 

I used to spend every week here when I lived in L.A. 

Go to Santa Monica and 5th street to Thunderbolt Spiritual Books while you can. If you let me know in advance I can introduce you to some individuals of interest in martial, magical, and other related disciplines there.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Earl Grey said:

I used to spend every week here when I lived in L.A. 

Go to Santa Monica and 5th street to Thunderbolt Spiritual Books while you can. If you let me know in advance I can introduce you to some individuals of interest in martial, magical, and other related disciplines there.

Has to be next time. I’m flying back to Chicago now. I’ll reach out when I’m there next time :) 

5 hours ago, Spotless said:

Just finished reading the new book!

Looking forward to the sequel!

Congrats on a great book!

I’m honored and very happy that you liked the book :) 

I’m working on the sequel — will be published by end of 2020 most likely. 

• Like 1

*bump* and just did a price drop --

Ebook is now $2.99, Paperback is $8.99

• Like 2

Can't resist a bargain. 

I'm a slow reader but it's on now on my Kindle and list of To Read. 

• Like 2

Still reading a little at a time then digesting what has been read. The book keeps getting better and better and am reading slowly because I want the adventure to continue. This book is something very special.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I love it. The way you've interleaved some sound educations with a uniquely gripping tale. I read part one aloud to my mum this weekend, and she's immediately bonkers for it, sending compliments for your elegantly vivid style. After digesting a bit more I'll surely post in the product reviews. Kudos!

Edited by Nintendao
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Nintendao said:

I love it. The way you've interleaved some sound educations with a uniquely gripping tale. I read part one aloud to my mum this weekend, and she's immediately bonkers for it, sending compliments for your elegantly vivid style. After digesting a bit more I'll surely post in the product reviews. Kudos!

🙏🏾 My regards to you and your mother. I’m glad you both are enjoying the book. 😍

• Like 1

On 1/14/2020 at 12:13 PM, dwai said:

*bump* and just did a price drop --

Ebook is now $2.99, Paperback is $8.99

Can I purchase the paperback from your site directly?

I may have just missed it when perusing.

(Any more, I prefer to avoid amazon completely.)

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, silent thunder said:

Can I purchase the paperback from your site directly?

I may have just missed it when perusing.

(Any more, I prefer to avoid amazon completely.)

I have author copies I can send if you give me your postal address. :) 

On 1/20/2020 at 7:52 AM, dwai said:

I have author copies I can send if you give me your postal address. :) 

I'd love to support you and purchase a copy.  Sending you a pm.

• Like 1

bump! The giveaway is still open on goodreads.com. Sign up for a chance to win a free copy if you've not already done so :D 

https://bit.ly/36Zokt8

Spoiler

Enter for a chance to win one of 100 Kindle ebook copies of The Mahāsiddha Field, by Dwai Lahiri.

Mahāsiddha is a compound sanskrit word that stands for Great Master or Great Adept. This is a story about the power of Good in the world, and about how the innate goodness of sentient beings makes it possible for even those mired in the deepest of darkness, to redeem themselves.

This is an adventure, the likes of which you may have never encountered before. Seemingly unconnected individuals are thrown into a wild ride which challenges their beliefs, courage and even their sanity, as the most unlikely adversary steps out of the pages of Indian mythology to face them.

Here is how some readers are describing the book --
"After a minute of reading, I was like, thank god I picked this book up."

"From pace to comprehension, delivery, narration, and storyline, everything is more or less just perfect! (Also, the book cover - awesome!)"

"A riveting book that springs into action from the first few pages and doesn’t let up!"

"The author, Dwai Lahiri, has created a unique novel where the fantasy genre intersects with Indian culture, Hindu religion, tai chi, and the internal martial arts."

"This is an interesting novel that brings you into the inner sanctum of deep India. So many small elements building and put plainly before you - a satisfying novel that begs for many books to follow!"

Edited by dwai