dwai

The Mahāsiddha Field - My first novel

The book is now available on Amazon --

Pre-order the Kindle eBook -- https://www.amazon.com/Mahāsiddha-Field-Book-ebook/dp/B081SPR24B/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=Mahasiddha+field&qid=1575420788&sr=8-1 or read it for free if you have Kindle unlimited.

Order the paperback  for immediate delivery -- https://www.amazon.com/dp/1708504338/ref=sr_1_2?keywords=Mahasiddha+field&qid=1575420788&sr=8-2

The first chapter and part of the second chapter are available for preview for the Paperback edition right now.

Please read the book, and leave a good review for me if you enjoyed it.

Best,

dwai

Edited by dwai

Congrats on finishing your first novel, and thanks for letting us know. I've enjoyed your posts over the years and also a couple of things you've linked to that you wrote elsewhere, so I will try to get to it one day when I have a bit more time. Bump the thread and remind us now and then, eh!

• Like 1

A book says more than a thousand words, don't you think? 

Thanks for sharing your brilliance. 

May your book bless so many who read it. And may you be blessed evermore in all of your endeavours aswell. Your wisdom is great and you are worthy evermore. 

The journey is the destination. 

SHIVAI! 

• Like 3

My book is now available on Kindle eBook for no cost if you have a Kindle unlimited account. It is also available to order in paperback format. :)

Also got a promo going through Dec 25th for 99 cents.

Edited by dwai
  • Like 2

That's great that you published your book. Dwai!  I hope it does well.  It looks like it will be a fun read.  I think I'll get a copy of that.  It'll be my first book purchase in well over ten years.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Starjumper said:

That's great that you published your book. Dwai!  I hope it does well.  It looks like it will be a fun read.  I think I'll get a copy of that.  It'll be my first book purchase in well over ten years.

I’m honored and I hope you’ll enjoy it. :)  

That must be quite a labor of love to actually complete a book. No small task, I am told.

I just wondered from the title if you have been initiated by an enlightened yogic master from a lineage of siddhas?

Because from my direct experience, it would be almost impossible to write about the siddhis without actually having 

had that unique totally spiritual experience when Patanjali's yoga sutras actually do work. As I wrote elsewhere in the past somewhere on Daobums that there has been a vital correct teaching missing in all editions of Patanjali's Yoga Sutras books, such as the most well known, "How to Know God." Fortunately, Maharishi Mahesh Yogi in the 1970's created the Transcendental Meditation Siddhis program that included the missing piece of correct instructions. The difference between experiencing direct and immediate temporary states of enlightenment vs. spinning your wheels wondering what you are supposed to experiencing or how long will it take to feel something. The method when taught correctly works the first time you practice it and when in that state of higher consciousness you absolutely know that this is the first time you have ever been in your normal state of mind/Being. You know this not from intellectual knowing, but just from Being it. Nothing compares to this. So that is quite a title,  Maha Siddha. Greatest Power.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Earl Grey said:

Offer signed copies for some of us, please!

I'll be happy to do so within the US (mainly due to shipping costs). I'll even give up to 15 paperback copies for free (first come first serve) if I get a commitment for a review from each recipient within a month of receiving the book. PM me with your real name and address if you want a copy. :) 

Also if you go to my author website https://dwailahiri.com and sign up to my mailing list, I am going to offer early reader previews to my work and giveaways going forward -- there are going to be more books in the series - https://dwailahiri.com/join-my-mailing-list/

Edited by dwai

1 minute ago, dwai said:

I'll be happy to do so within the US (mainly due to shipping costs). I'll even give up to 15 paperback copies for free (first come first serve) if I get a commitment for a review from each recipient within a month of receiving the book. PM me with your real name and address if you want a copy. :) 

Also if you go to my author website https://dwailahiri.com and sign up to my mailing list, I am going to offer early reader previews to my work and giveaways going forward -- there are going to be more books in the series - https://dwailahiri.com/join-my-mailing-list/

I don't live in the US at the moment, so I wouldn't be able to commit to this even though I'd do it in a heartbeat for ya, pal. But yeah, when I secure a copy for myself, I'll review it for you and you can use it. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, tao stillness said:

That must be quite a labor of love to actually complete a book. No small task, I am told.

Took me only 9 odd years :) 

I just wondered from the title if you have been initiated by an enlightened yogic master from a lineage of siddhas?

I have been initiated by an enlightened master from the Daoist tradition, though he also has a yogic lineage. My Master has been re-incarnating across several lifetimes along with a group of 12 disciples.

Because from my direct experience, it would be almost impossible to write about the siddhis without actually having 

had that unique totally spiritual experience when Patanjali's yoga sutras actually do work. As I wrote elsewhere in the past somewhere on Daobums that there has been a vital correct teaching missing in all editions of Patanjali's Yoga Sutras books, such as the most well known, "How to Know God." Fortunately, Maharishi Mahesh Yogi in the 1970's created the Transcendental Meditation Siddhis program that included the missing piece of correct instructions. The difference between experiencing direct and immediate temporary states of enlightenment vs. spinning your wheels wondering what you are supposed to experiencing or how long will it take to feel something. The method when taught correctly works the first time you practice it and when in that state of higher consciousness you absolutely know that this is the first time you have ever been in your normal state of mind/Being. You know this not from intellectual knowing, but just from Being it. Nothing compares to this. So that is quite a title,  Maha Siddha. Greatest Power.

That being said, the book is a work of fiction, except for the parts that aren't :) 

Edited by dwai
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, steve said:

Congratulations Dwai!

I will definitely buy a copy of your book.

I'm honored. I hope you enjoy the book :)

1 hour ago, Earl Grey said:

I don't live in the US at the moment, so I wouldn't be able to commit to this even though I'd do it in a heartbeat for ya, pal. But yeah, when I secure a copy for myself, I'll review it for you and you can use it. 

I'm honored. If you have kindle unlimited its "free". I think you're in the Philippines. PM me your address anyway and I'll see if I can get you a copy :) 

5 minutes ago, dwai said:

I'm honored. If you have kindle unlimited its "free". I think you're in the Philippines. PM me your address anyway and I'll see if I can get you a copy :) 

Wouldn't work because unless you send it via DHL, the post office either steals your packages or they get lazy and refuse to deliver, depending on the employee and his or her mood for the day. :) 

I also don't really do e-books, hence preferring paperbacks and anything physical, but I'll recommend it to friends who do. 

The thought is appreciated, but I'll send a PM this weekend anyway to say hello. 

• Like 1

To Dwai, I look forward to someday reading your novel. There are not enough spiritual novels.

My experience when the siddhis worked for me is that the experiences I had would sound like pure fiction to those who have not tasted the flavors of the siddhis. But such a beautiful title you chose for your book. I am sure the pages contain wisdom in addition to entertaining reading. 

• Like 1

Between 12/21 and 12/25 the kindle ebook version will be on sale for 99 cents :) 

Happy winter holidays :) 

• Thanks 3

Thanks Dwai. I just purchased the kindle version.

So your last name is Lahiri?  any relation to the Kriya Yoga founder,  Shyama Charan Lahiri ?  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pilgrim said:

Thanks Dwai. I just purchased the kindle version.

So your last name is Lahiri?  any relation to the Kriya Yoga founder,  Shyama Charan Lahiri ?  

Thank you so much for your support! 
Please leave a comment on amazon if you like the book :) 

All Lahiris come from the same common ancestor - Lokenath Sharma of Kanyakubja. But that was almost 2000 years back...

That said, I’m not from the same branch as Lahiri Mahashay :)