Scholar

Can someone recommend me an powerful exercise for increasing chi ?

I do qiqong exercises every day, but I dont think Im progressing at all ... I do feel strong heat sensations in my body that got increasily stronger with training, but its not getting stronger anymore. Can someone present me some powerful practises? Thanks!!

You're going to have to list the practice you actually do, and also understand that if you are fairly new, even under a year, focusing on sensations is ridiculous. It won't happen fast. 

IF you're after healing though, Flying Phoenix is good, although what may be best is you consult with Eric Isen at www.ayurvedicintuitive.com to figure out if you have blockages or not and what is a good system or herbs for you. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Earl Grey said:

You're going to have to list the practice you actually do, and also understand that if you are fairly new, even under a year, focusing on sensations is ridiculous. It won't happen fast. 

IF you're after healing though, Flying Phoenix is good, although what may be best is you consult with Eric Isen at www.ayurvedicintuitive.com to figure out if you have blockages or not and what is a good system or herbs for you. 

Thanks for the fast answer!

And Im not after healing right now, Im interested in increasing my chi to be more powerful in various aspects of my life.

And I forgot: sorry for my bad english, not my first language

10 hours ago, Scholar said:

Thanks for the fast answer!

And Im not after healing right now, Im interested in increasing my chi to be more powerful in various aspects of my life.

And I forgot: sorry for my bad english, not my first language

You didn’t answer what your system of practice is, as you were asked here and in other threads.

You also show your understanding of qi is limited because Flying Phoenix will improve your qi as it is a healing form.

Healing is not mutually exclusive from qi accumulation.

It also appears you are after power. Without understanding of qi, you won’t gain it at all.

It is already in several threads you’ve posted in and have been asked many times, “What style or system are you practicing” and have failed or refused to answer the question.

Without this crucial information, it is difficult for people to give you answers you seek and you’re wasting everyone’s time.

Edited by Earl Grey
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Scholar said:

Can someone present me some powerful practises?

Assuming that we could, how are you certain that your body is prepared for such an exercise?

From what i read about YijinJing, one must practice that for at least a year before getting to the "deeper exercises" of XiSuiJing.

You are most likely a novice with both limited power and understanding therefore an exercise like that would more likely harm you than do you good.

Stick to Baduajin, shibashi and YiJinJIng for a year or two and then seek a teacher for more.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Scholar said:

I do qiqong exercises every day, but I dont think Im progressing at all ... I do feel strong heat sensations in my body that got increasily stronger with training, but its not getting stronger anymore. Can someone present me some powerful practises? Thanks!!

Cultivate stillness in either standing or sitting posture.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

I'll throw in, have the basics down well.  I'm talking eating, sleeping and strong flexible body.  Before the esoteric stuff, work on the ordinary fundamentals.  Otherwise you're building a castle on the sand. 

That said, see whats available around you.  Any worthwhile teachers.  Yoga, martial arts, qi gong. 

Edited by thelerner
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Scholar said:

Exactly what are you seeking? A full blown kundalini awakening experience? I would advise being patient and not pushing it which can lead to physical problems.

Relax!!!

Edited by ralis
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Apech said:

Works for me!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ralis said:

Relax!!!

And this :)

Good company, food, life at a steady pace and being away from distractions/stresses.

• Thanks 1

Focus on the following exercise until it becomes second nature. 24/7 and stay down as long as you like.

https://youtu.be/sdJAWekNcdU

(Asian bodyweight Squat)

I’d suggest starting with kettlebells (gradually decrease the weight over time) and working on the “ma bu” stance to slowly progress achieving the full Asian squat naturally. Like they traditionally do in Asia when going to the toilet or working on the rice fields.

Good luck! 

Note: No Qi, emitting force, kundalini, MCO, seeing ghosts, dragons, dog pee and ENLIGHTENMENT, etc. and other ungrounded stuff has been mentioned in my post. Down to earth, rational and practical advice. :)

Edited by Gerard
  • Thanks 1

I have practiced Tai Chi since 2000. Over time I wondered and thought that Chi was something extraordinary. In my opinion, Chi feelings come into our awareness through body mechanics and proper alignment. Take for example an electrical chord that is frayed. Electricity can get through but because of the interruption of full power the light bulb is dim. Fix the chord, or replace it and things go back to normal. The important word here is normal. Body alignment and the delivery of force, Fa gin, disrupts in coming force. 

Take for another example, uprooting of the other guy. If you drop your center of gravity and come up under and forward, the other guy  will be off balance, vulnerable to your continued forward motion. There is no mystery behind it. It is just a matter of physics. 

Edited by Jim D.
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

The thing is that Qi is here, there and EVERYWHERE. No big deal, you practice and you quickly feel it running through your meridians. 

i see bridges, cars and birds every day like everyone else, is this important? Not really, it’s there, it has always been there and it will continue like that for many generations to come.

So what is important then, you might  ask. Well practice a method deeply and with earnest and Qi will be the last of your concerns, you’ll find out what is this all about (the journey you are in which started countless life cycles before).

Note 1: not all methods work well. Find one that works for YOU.

Note 2: the MIND is at the root of everything. And blockages are enormous so make sure you know what you are doing. 

Note 3: Keeping the yin & the yang the 5E, seasonal and yearly changes in check is mandatory. You go against them they will certainly destroy you slowly and mercilessly. 

Have you been doing your homework in the year of the Earth Pig?  Earth controlling Water. One challenging year for sure, especially for some people.

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Earl Grey said:

You didn’t answer what your system of practice is, as you were asked here and in other threads.

You also show your understanding of qi is limited because Flying Phoenix will improve your qi as it is a healing form.

Healing is not mutually exclusive from qi accumulation.

It also appears you are after power. Without understanding of qi, you won’t gain it at all.

It is already in several threads you’ve posted in and have been asked many times, “What style or system are you practicing” and have failed or refused to answer the question.

Without this crucial information, it is difficult for people to give you answers you seek and you’re wasting everyone’s time.

Really sorry for that. The thing is that I dont really know the name of my practice since I learned those exercises when I did tai chi classes back in 2015. Never asked what style is so I cant name them.

22 hours ago, Zork said:

Assuming that we could, how are you certain that your body is prepared for such an exercise?

From what i read about YijinJing, one must practice that for at least a year before getting to the "deeper exercises" of XiSuiJing.

You are most likely a novice with both limited power and understanding therefore an exercise like that would more likely harm you than do you good.

Stick to Baduajin, shibashi and YiJinJIng for a year or two and then seek a teacher for more.

Thanks for the response! I will search about those styles you mentioned!

22 hours ago, Apech said:

Thanks for the response!What is the best position? I stretch every day so I can do the lotus sitting but Im not really close to achieve that level of flexibility, it will prob take an year if it works at all

14 hours ago, thelerner said:

I'll throw in, have the basics down well.  I'm talking eating, sleeping and strong flexible body.  Before the esoteric stuff, work on the ordinary fundamentals.  Otherwise you're building a castle on the sand. 

That said, see whats available around you.  Any worthwhile teachers.  Yoga, martial arts, qi gong. 

Thanks for the response! For nowIm trying to improve my diet considerably, and stretching and exercising every day. But I cant really find a good teacher in my city, is it possible to learn it online?

14 hours ago, ralis said:

Exactly what are you seeking? A full blown kundalini awakening experience? I would advise being patient and not pushing it which can lead to physical problems.

Relax!!!

Thanks for the reply! I want to optimize my entire being, I want to have more energy, be stronger,smarter,wiser,calmer and more charismatic.

7 hours ago, Gerard said:

Focus on the following exercise until it becomes second nature. 24/7 and stay down as long as you like.

https://youtu.be/sdJAWekNcdU

(Asian bodyweight Squat)

I’d suggest starting with kettlebells (gradually decrease the weight over time) and working on the “ma bu” stance to slowly progress achieving the full Asian squat naturally. Like they traditionally do in Asia when going to the toilet or working on the rice fields.

Good luck! 

Note: No Qi, emitting force, kundalini, MCO, seeing ghosts, dragons, dog pee and ENLIGHTENMENT, etc. and other ungrounded stuff has been mentioned in my post. Down to earth, rational and practical advice. :)

Thanks for the advice! I did shaolin kung fu for many years so Im pretty familiarized with the mabu stance, but the asian squat seens a little harder to do. Will practice daily if it means increasing my chi. My only concern is if it is bas for the knees.

5 hours ago, Jim D. said:

I have practiced Tai Chi since 2000. Over time I wondered and thought that Chi was something extraordinary. In my opinion, Chi feelings come into our awareness through body mechanics and proper alignment. Take for example an electrical chord that is frayed. Electricity can get through but because of the interruption of full power the light bulb is dim. Fix the chord, or replace it and things go back to normal. The important word here is normal. Body alignment and the delivery of force, Fa gin, disrupts in coming force. 

Take for another example, uprooting of the other guy. If you drop your center of gravity and come up under and forward, the other guy  will be off balance, vulnerable to your continued forward motion. There is no mystery behind it. It is just a matter of physics. 

Thanks for the reply! Its an interesting perspective!

32 minutes ago, Gerard said:

The thing is that Qi is here, there and EVERYWHERE. No big deal, you practice and you quickly feel it running through your meridians. 

i see bridges, cars and birds every day like everyone else, is this important? Not really, it’s there, it has always been there and it will continue like that for many generations to come.

So what is important then, you might  ask. Well practice a method deeply and with earnest and Qi will be the last of your concerns, you’ll find out what is this all about (the journey you are in which started countless life cycles before).

Note 1: not all methods work well. Find one that works for YOU.

Note 2: the MIND is at the root of everything. And blockages are enormous so make sure you know what you are doing. 

Note 3: Keeping the yin & the yang the 5E, seasonal and yearly changes in check is mandatory. You go against them they will certainly destroy you slowly and mercilessly. 

Have you been doing your homework in the year of the Earth Pig?  Earth controlling Water. One challenging year for sure, especially for some people.

Thanks for the answer! That response is pretty different from the last one, while on the first you kind of dismissed spiritual stuff, this one looks pretty spiritual. Maybe the answer is the middle path ?

Also, I didnt really understand the note 3 and the last question. Thanks again!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Scholar said:

But I cant really find a good teacher in my city, is it possible to learn it online?

www.qigongchinesehealth.com

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Scholar said:

Thanks for the response!What is the best position? I stretch every day so I can do the lotus sitting but Im not really close to achieve that level of flexibility, it will prob take an year if it works at all

Just standing or Zhan Zhuang will do.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Scholar said:

Thanks for the reply! I want to optimize my entire being, I want to have more energy, be stronger,smarter,wiser,calmer and more charismatic.

There are no guarantees for what you wish for! Many gurus are hunting for willing victims with promises for what you seek.

• Thanks 1

1. It will heal/stimulate strongly the KD so good for the knees.

2. I’ll leave the spiritual up to you, for you to find out not for me to tell you.

Hard work first and foremost, the rest SELF REALISATION. I’m not  longer a blah, blah, blah kind of person. I used to be like that in the past. But we all change, don’t we? ;)

Edit. 3. Ultimately people will awaken by themselves. Pointless the preaching path because it leads to religion, division and arguing. Not good, it only causes blockages. 

Have fun in your journey of self discovery. :)

Note: In 2008, I attended a retreat at a Vipassana centre in Thailand. I still remember my teacher, a today I also follow that approach  after all these years of hard work and self discovery. He was/is a Gemini but also a Fire Rooster:

”Diligent and intense, he abides fanatically by his own views, conducting his own research, unmoved and unswayed by the opinions or feelings of others.” 
(https://www.metaphysicalzone.com/china/rooster4.shtml)

In 3 weeks he told me nothing! Love that. I mentioned to him some of my spiritual experiences during the retreat....he still told me nothing. He certainly wasn’t impressed about any of my experiences :) 

His point of view is “keep going and do your homework because no one else will do things for you.”

11 years later I totally understand and support his approach. In the end is YOU and ONLY YOU who will find out what this is all about. Teachers are only there to enable and provide a method. That’s all.

Before the retreat I was a person with too many theories in the head as a result of reading books and listening to others. After the retreat I was still the same but 11 years of practice certainly paid off...and the journey continues. And I will stop here!

Edited by Gerard
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1