Limahong

Jim (Marblehead) crossed over the line on 8 December...

9 hours ago, wandelaar said:

There is something to be said for that. Surely every human-made model of the world is flawed in some way or another. So why not just acknowledge that ones own position is flawed also. Discordianism looks like an interesting position  to ponder. Can you recommend a particular book about it?

Just the most obvious one, Principia Discordia. Sometimes dismissed as pure parody, I find it somehow infused with actual Zen undercurrents. Think Zhuangzi except written in a bowling alley in the 60's.

9 hours ago, wandelaar said:

But that's the problematic twist: if you hold on to a position that you know to be wrong you might not only hurt yourself, but others also as "collateral damage". Why? Because basing your decisions on a wrong idea about how the world functions might easily lead to dangerous and unhealthy action.

Absolutely. Too ravenously defending a position, or denigrating another's, invalidates the stance of creatively embraced disorder, by crossing into destructively imposed order.

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, wandelaar said:

I think that Mablehead's position on life after death was that he didn't think it likely (on the basis of his materialist leanings), but that he wasn't absolutely sure about it. All much in the spirit of the Chuang tse.

Where is Jim now? 

In our hearts?

Where is his?

6 minutes ago, Limahong said:

Where is Jim now? 

In our hearts?

Where is his?

giphy.gif

Edited by Nintendao

5 minutes ago, Nintendao said:

They are everywhere.

But I am asking about him ~ where is Jim?

Where are you now? I want to kick you... not everywhere... but your most vulnerable.

That woman is a clown...

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Nintendao said:

stance of creatively embraced disorder, by crossing into destructively imposed order.

(1) Disorder ~ real living?

Disorder+and+Order.jpg

(2) Order - wu wei?

Edited by Limahong
Enhance ...
  • Like 1

On 12/10/2019 at 12:49 AM, sean said:

I should clarify that none of what I wrote above is specifically directed at Limahong and I do have empathy for generational and cultural gaps in understanding.

Dear sean,

Don't worry ~ I am not reacting/thinking in that direction.

But I would like to deliberate on these words, if I may (if not - I will delete this post if there are objections to its submission) ~

"generational and cultural gaps in understanding".

(1) Are there "generational gaps" in our love for our grandparents, parents... ?

(2) Are there "cultural gaps" in honesty, trust, respect, humility... ?

I tend to avoid those threads initialized/associated with such words because they are not inclusive but divisive.

If abc like to air their thoughts on such words they have every right to do so ~ but please do not go overboard. Why? Nothing is absolute/permanent/...

But to those abc who are (to me)... hot above the collars, wet behind the ears, pompous, disrespectful, "authoritative"... I would like to throw down this gauntlet... take walks with me on One Street or Empty Boulevard... to mutually share these ~

A. One moon reflects on all water, all moon reflections are from the same moon.

B. Before thinking, everything is already complete; one thought arises, the clouds obscure it.

C. One moment of pure and clear mind, lotuses bloom everywhere.

D. All phenomena are like dreams, illusions, bubbles, and shadows.

E. One angry thought arises, all karmic hindrances appear.

F. One is everything, everything is one.

At the end of the walks, I would like to raise this ~ Which is more pertinent - words or feelings?

- Anand

Edited by Limahong
Correct errors.
  • Like 1

On 12/9/2019 at 11:32 PM, Apech said:

self-moderation

Hi Apech,

... is the word.

May I add ~ self-discipline, self-reflection, self-respect, self-realization...

th?id=OIP.fujbe9fY2NjDDoOY-B4l2AHaEK&pid=Api&P=0&w=307&h=173                    th?id=OIP.0PmCZFql1mck8W8y2dUbDAHaEx&pid=Api&P=0&w=234&h=152  th?id=OIP.1PY2ITlWtIUTw4R4gvgRpgHaEK&pid=Api&P=0&w=268&h=151      th?id=OIP.a8XbCa4V6oRCKUpZ2gt_kQHaEK&pid=Api&P=0&w=293&h=166

th?id=OIP.sV71QFtRgxVlADMzbHlEKgHaHa&pid=Api&P=0&w=300&h=300   th?id=OIP.80g-NZoeGH5qcjKNdLhdegHaEK&pid=Api&P=0&w=293&h=166

- Anand

On 12/9/2019 at 3:44 PM, Apech said:

Yeah but what is the goal?  I always assumed it was to have a board which allowed as much as possible freewheeling discussion and debate with people from all round the world - of different genders, ethnicity and background etc. who could bring themselves and their ideas into the forum and make this a lively and interesting place.  Unlike I would say most 'spiritual' forums - which are usually dead and more than a little dull.  The way to do this I believe is to have a few simple rules (like no ad hominem) which are enforced in a way (firmly) which people learn quite quickly to stay within the guidelines.  I completely agree that we should have no sexism, homophobia, racism and so on.  It's not ok.  The way to deal with this is to say - hey! did you mean that? (cos sometimes people don't express themselves very well especially if English is not their first language) - will you remove it? - no? sorry but you're suspended.

I don't see a problem with no Trump on here - if that's what you want - cos to be honest politics is a side distraction anyway.

You make assumptions about everyone's privilege - but you don't even know for sure what ethnicity, gender or sexuality they really are.  You don't know if we are rich or poor - powerful or not - you have no idea what privilege we may or may not have.  We are anonymous - you are really just guessing - unless they have explicitly told you you don't actually know.

To be honest when you post like this I just see massive imbalance, anger and frustration (within yourself and with the world) - but of course that's just my impression and I might be wrong.  Like everyone I'm grateful for you setting up and running this site which has become part of my life like nothing else on the internet - but its a real discordant when I see your version of moderation is to tell someone to fuck off.

Then there is context.  This was all about commemorating Marblehead's passing a year ago - which Limahong had remembered and prompted us to 'celebrate'.  It wouldn't have happened without him - and he clearly has/had a great attachment to Jim - as I did and many of us.  It's probably (as far as I know) the first time a DaoBum has died on 'active duty'.  Do you think banning the organiser on the very day sends a good message about respect and compassion????  No it was cheap, lazy and arrogant.  To which you should own.

Wow remind me not to piss you off! You sure know how to tell it old school and hard!

Went through old <Messages> and found my last PM's with Marblehead.   What a great sense of humor.  It started with my mis-use of 'there' , and for a grammar lesson was very enjoyable. 

8 hours ago, Pilgrim said:

Wow remind me not to piss you off! You sure know how to tell it old school and hard!

Hi...

Pilgrim

You are getting too BIG for your good own. This can happen to you if you don't zip your...

If you think that you are BIG ~ there are others who is (are) BIGGER. Under certain circumstances size matters.

I did not pay heed when Jim was trying to get CYA across to me... much to my own peril.

Bro ~ I am only trying to share with you experientially.

Please don't ask me any follow-up questions... I have learned to CMA (hehehe).

- Anand

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Limahong said:

W H O  O W N (S)  T H E  D A O  B U M S ?

Without its community ~ TDB is a nonenity.

Yes/no?

Why Sean does of course. He's set the venue, and invited the guests - which would be us. ;)

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, ilumairen said:

Why Sean does of course. He's set the venue, and invited the guests - which would be us.

Dear ilumairen,

Wonder if sean would like to host a X'mas Party at your Bar & Grille.

Re our recent celebrations ~ the newer TDB members were missed out.

As the hostess of the Bar & Grille will you knock on his door to ask for an invite with him as HOST?

Knock gently like the true gracious lady that you are...

(Don't tell him that I have suggested to you to do thus. I don't want to be xxxned during Christmas and be away from my friends. Promised?)

- Anonymous

Edited by Limahong
Enhance ...

10 hours ago, Limahong said:

Hi...

Pilgrim

You are getting too BIG for your good own. This can happen to you if you don't zip your...

If you think that you are BIG ~ there are others who is (are) BIGGER. Under certain circumstances size matters.

I did not pay heed when Jim was trying to get CYA across to me... much to my own peril.

Bro ~ I am only trying to share with you experientially.

Please don't ask me any follow-up questions... I have learned to CMA (hehehe).

- Anand

• Like 1

Is there an obituary for Jim? I didn't know him and he was very kind when I joined TDB and liked his comments and reflections. Thanks

On 12/10/2019 at 8:04 AM, Pilgrim said:

Loosing my mentor of over 30 years...

Dear Pilgrim,

I feel for you per the citation and the rest associated with it in the same post. Thank you also for sharing with me more on PM.

I have not read 'your and all the other' posts until today. It tickles me greatly to find myself referred as to "a foreigner" and "a submissive Chinese". I believe some clarifications may be in reasonable good order to have the 'pieces' converged to 'peace'.

(1) "A foreigner" ~ if this label is associated with things "Eastern/Western"...  a greater part of my education has UK roots. My nickname in school was "Englishman" as I read with a stiff upper lip.

(2) "A submissive Chinese" ~ if this label means that I may be a humble human being... then thank you. My grandparents and parents had tried to bring me up to be thus. But if it means that I may be accustomed to humble pies... then I will respond categorically here in no  uncertain terms... FxxK OFF!

Bro - we are the children of ONE source... and during this yuletide period let us feel it in our blood...

- Anand

Edited by Limahong
Correct errors.
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Mig said:

Is there an obituary for Jim? I didn't know him and he was very kind when I joined TDB and liked his comments and reflections.

Hi Mig,

I believe we had crossed paths before.

I am on the same page with you when it comes to Jim.

I have placed Jim's obituary in my heart. Why? I don't know where I will be tomorrow at...

- Anand

On 12/10/2019 at 6:08 PM, Earl Grey said:

Okay, grandpa.

Hi Earl,

You remember that you had approached me on this forum on your proposed collaboration re a Singlish version of the Tao Te Ching?

Then you had impressed me as a very bright young man and I agreed to a meeting in Singapore.

You had also told me that we would meet up with a Dr Chan (if my memory is right on the spelling) at a venue near Bugis.

But before we meet ~ you blew a fuse.

Henceforth I was glad that I had painted a prior unappealing  profile of myself ~ thus no loss to you.

You still strike me as a bright young man but...

Take good care.

- Anand

Edited by Limahong
Correct errors.

1 hour ago, Limahong said:

Hi Earl,

You remember that you had approached me on this forum on your proposed collaboration re a Singlish version of the Tao Te Ching?

Then you had impressed me as a very bright young man and I agreed to a meeting in Singapore.

You had also told me that we would meet up with a Dr Chan (if my memory is right on the spelling) at a venue near Bugis.

But before we meet ~ you blew a fuse.

Henceforth I was glad that I had painted a prior unappealing  profile of myself ~ thus no loss to you.

You still strike me as a bright young man but...

Take good care.

- Anand

Anand,

This comes off as passive-aggressive and coercive, and is one more appropriate for private exchange, and as such, I am disinclined to respond to this, let alone acknowledge it given the nature of posting this publicly. 

• Thanks 1