Limahong

Jim (Marblehead) crossed over the line on 8 December...

50 minutes ago, sean said:

Anyway, I appreciate everyone's feedback. Not an excuse , but I'm having a very rough month to be honest.

Well I hope whatever is making it rough comes to a swift and positive conclusion,  I feel for you,  and can certainly appreciate how things can be a bit much.

I pray you are not experiencing some of the stuff I have been in the last 3 years, they have been a real bitch for me, tons of stress, deaths, finding a bosses son dead in the bathroom after breaking down the door, feeling a Fathers heartbroken dive to the cold hard floor holding his boy in tremendous life altering sorrow, Loosing my mentor of over 30 years,  Divorce,  a new wonderful relationship,  old friends moving on,  others coming down with stage 4 lung cancer and a Mother that is frazzled as her husband has been hospitalized for over a month now diagnosed with Leukemia.

The counter balance has been lots of great stuff Lost a house in the divorce, Purchased one a few moths ago, Lost who I thought was my wife (which turned out to be a fiction) and gained a new better S.O. ( think that is the correct term might as well say wife )  in return. The joy of discovering a new person, the amazement that she could be so wonderful,  becoming able to trust again. Not easy. Delighting in what makes her happy and actually being cared for and loved better than I deserve.

Lost my Two cats I loved for 9 years and raised from Kitten-hood and now have two new babies to raise.

Gosh I had forgotten just how active and destructive kittens can be, already I am short one laptop power supply and an Apple lightening cable for the phone.  Teething... sheeesh! 

Even the good stuff can wear us down change is very tiring and fatigue rarely lets our best side shine forth as we would wish.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, sean said:

The worldview of a lazy centrist:

The world is just fine for me so I know there can't be that much wrong with it. So I am justified in never cultivating the kind of moral clarity that would lead me to actually help anyone less fortunate, especially if it would rock the boat. Furthermore those who disagree with me must be stupid, mentally ill or fanatical for not seeing, as I do, that the truth is relative and certainly never clear enough to motivate action, especially if impolite. Therefore I care much more about perceived civility than those who dare oppose the current status quo. I will never stop being firmly planted in a lazy, false compromise of centrism defined entirely by the poles of the situation I happen to find myself in. I will never be bothered to fight, god forbid, for so-called "justice".

Left, right or religious - what does it matter, I'm doing pretty OK ...

Anyway, I appreciate everyone's feedback. Not an excuse , but I'm having a very rough month to be honest. I've unsuspended Limahong and I'm sorry if I've disrespected the memorial topic.

Sean

Present situation excepted (it's a little too confusing), I'd like to say that I think I get what Sean is doing here and (more or less) why.

I deeply appreciate his commitment to championing basic human rights and values in his moderation choices.

I also appreciate him managing this space solo... it's not a trivial task.

Thanks Sean,

Welcome back Anand

Love to the rest of my friends here!

:wub:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, sean said:

The worldview of a lazy centrist:

The world is just fine for me so I know there can't be that much wrong with it. So I am justified in never cultivating the kind of moral clarity that would lead me to actually help anyone less fortunate, especially if it would rock the boat. Furthermore those who disagree with me must be stupid, mentally ill or fanatical for not seeing, as I do, that the truth is relative and certainly never clear enough to motivate action, especially if impolite. Therefore I care much more about perceived civility than those who dare oppose the current status quo. I will never stop being firmly planted in a lazy, false compromise of centrism defined entirely by the poles of the situation I happen to find myself in. I will never be bothered to fight, god forbid, for so-called "justice".

Left, right or religious - what does it matter, I'm doing pretty OK ...

Anyway, I appreciate everyone's feedback. Not an excuse , but I'm having a very rough month to be honest. I've unsuspended Limahong and I'm sorry if I've disrespected the memorial topic.

Sean

Sean, i get where you’re coming from. I’m having this problem too with people in my own family gaslighting me because they don’t like my life choices and views, and I’ve told them that they’re basically taking the “If you can’t beat them, join them” approach. It doesn’t work for me and is not an option because I’m just not wired to sell out in favor of comfort like many I know have for political and financial reasons.

You are welcome to chat with me personally about this not as a professional or spiritual master (I am neither), but as an empathic buddy who says, “I get it, bro, I’ve been there too and am having a tough time as well.”

Oh right: I AM having a tough time! And according to my friends on the forum, even without our private exchange, they see it in some of my posts too (kinda hard to miss...). But offering support to one another is why we loved Jim and still love Jim, why we care about each other here, and why we reach out, so I extend this hand to you and leave the door open should you choose to take it or not. Even if not, the offer being there is still some comfort for people, at least in my experience.

Keep on truckin’ Sean.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, liminal_luke said:

Group hug?

Yesssss, I love hugs, hugs all around please. 🥰

I do hope Marblehead is somewhere pleased with the somewhat turbulent but also IMO never not-loving emotional arc of this thread. Rest in natural great peace Marblehead, you're a good one.

• Like 7

16 minutes ago, sean said:

I do hope Marblehead is somewhere pleased with the somewhat turbulent but also IMO never not-loving emotional arc of this thread. Rest in natural great peace Marblehead, you're a good one.

In light of Taomeow´s Iching reading and the timing of all this, I can´t help but think maybe there´s some cosmic significance to this.  There´s been some turbulence, sure, but maybe it´s been meaningful turbulence?    I know I learned something, anyway. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, liminal_luke said:

In light of Taomeow´s Iching reading and the timing of all this, I can´t help but think maybe there´s some cosmic significance to this.  There´s been some turbulence, sure, but maybe it´s been meaningful turbulence?    I know I learned something, anyway. 

Luke, yes, there is something going on in the cosmos, and according to several different calendars, it began in July of this year for this particular wave.

If you want, when I have a moment, I'll open up a new thread after getting permission from my sources. 

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, sean said:
2 hours ago, liminal_luke said:

Group hug?

:blush: Aw shucks, yous Guys*

profilethai_group_hug_with_pooh_1024_158

*AND Gals.. and Ghosts. and Yoshis

• Like 7

34 minutes ago, Nintendao said:

:blush: Aw shucks, yous Guys*

profilethai_group_hug_with_pooh_1024_158

*AND Gals.. and Ghosts. and Yoshis

Yep! We're all friends who occasionally fight and bite, but are still friends in the end. Just like Smash Bros!

• Like 4

On 12/10/2019 at 10:59 AM, liminal_luke said:

There´s been some turbulence, sure, but maybe it´s been meaningful turbulence?    I know I learned something, anyway. 

Hi liminal_luke,

Thank you for your message through XYZ's email. I am touched. I will reiterate here again ~ whatever had happened  had nothing to do with you... REALLY. Now go and shop for Christmas...

I was in a similar situation before and Jim pulled me aside with a PM. That Stone of a Marble guffawed and told me the reality.

I delicately turned the situation around and I 'ping-pong' posted with A & B for a while... like we had known each other for a long time. A & B were from Mexico.

On 12/10/2019 at 10:59 AM, liminal_luke said:

In light of Taomeow´s Iching reading and the timing of all this, I can´t help but think maybe there´s some cosmic significance to this.

During the last 10 minute of 8 December 2019 (Singapore time) I was in a whirlpool of ennergy. I had selected a certain "Last Post" but ~ that linked the Arlington National  Cemetery popped up and I just picked on it. Jim is resting at Veteran's Cemetery in Jacksonville, FL.

Also Brian's prose came through close to the end... and up to now I cannot figure how Brian and I were in the same post sending Jim... "NOT GOODBYE BUT UNTIL SOON."

On 1/3/2019 at 3:45 AM, manitou said:

I got a call from Jim's friend Joe.  A wake was held yesterday, just close friends in attendance - he is now interred at the Veteran's Cemetery, Row 24, in Jacksonville, FL.  There is a marble headstone with Jim Shultz name on it.

These were Jim's TDB friends in virtual attendance on 8 December 2019 ...

happyflower.thumb.jpg.d262db8533b8250d6b04eebc974f0ae3.jpg  ilumairen    

bum.thumb.png.cd079065072fa0d8a0c617a3e02d19e1.png  wandelaar    photo-thumb-3061.jpg  Apech    photo-thumb-72974.jpg  Jeff    rhythm-wheel.thumb.jpg.0ace36a7a7ac3b8ae70f0c5d5caa7e48.jpg  moment  87ebe0a2e9956ccabe038d69b4516bec.thumb.jpg.e26ada382e36fbdd4fb43e3866592cae.jpgsteve     Rawson-duality-182.thumb.png.970080240fb91d2f41c71c9fdaca9aab.png  dwai   photo-thumb-55621.jpg  dawei    photo-110129.jpg Nungali   5ce7a777c56c3_shadowcreighton.thumb.JPG.343b7d3a8e8c1e71d33302391d4c8cbf.JPG silent thunder 

photo-thumb-96523.jpg Rara     2.thumb.jpg.20c83aad8e5d521d1415b13f1ea6f49c.jpg Nintendao     photo-thumb-28.jpg  thelerner

P_member_115431.png  Pilgrim    

5da25ec2d7eae_godmotherwand.thumb.jpg.65909427d4c0787409998e9b1071c41c.jpg   manitou

Sisters & Brothers  ~  thank you... please accept our bows in return...         

bowingatmound.jpg

(If you are sharp-eyed enough ~ you would have noticed... one YIN each supporting the YANGs in the middle. In times of sorrow ~ YIN is more steadfast than YANG. Of the two YINs ~ one of them is a fxxxy).

Hi again liminal_luke,

How is he now per the last time we spoke at the PPD area. Trust he is good... please send him my best regards. At that time I really thought that you were...

Life is for living forward with a purpose and meaning. If you like to communicate with me directly/privately... you can get my email address from XYZ.

God Bless.

- Anand

Edited by Limahong
Enhance ...
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, sean said:

Rest in natural great peace Marblehead, you're a good one.

Hi sean,

I don't think our paths had crossed before. Thank you for posting on this thread re Jim/Marblehead.

Your words have exceeded my expectation when I sent you a request to post here.

Thanks again.

- Anand

5 hours ago, sean said:

th?id=OIP.rK8IMep0PdWQY3QXjbJtBQAAAA&pid=Api&P=0&w=300&h=300    210921.gifhugs-card.gif

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, moment said:

Be well.

Hi moment,

Yin is the river... 

plus my lover.

Yang is the flood...

hot in  my blood.

Let the Tao flows...

tumblr_ngrbwumgkC1shb9kbo1_500.gif

- Anand

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Rocky Lionmouth said:

You guys are way cool...

How is your cold... cooling off?

You are a kool kat.

691854942_1948501.gif?4

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Limahong said:

Hi liminal_luke,

Thank you for your message through XYZ's email. I am touched. I will reiterate here again ~ whatever had happened  had nothing to do with you... REALLY. Now go and shop for Christmas...

I was in a similar situation before and Jim pulled me aside with a PM. That Stone of a Marble guffawed and told me the reality.

I delicately turned the situation around and I 'ping-pong' posted with A & B for a while... like we had known each other for a long time. A & B were from Mexico.

During the last 10 minute of 8 December 2019 (Singapore time) I was in a whirlpool of ennergy. I had selected a certain "Last Post" but ~ that linked the Arlington National  Cemetery popped up and I just picked on it. Jim is resting at...

Also Brian's prose came through close to the end... and up to now I cannot figure how Brian and I were in the same post sending Jim... "NOT GOODBYE BUT UNTIL SOON."

These were Jim's TDB friends in virtual attendance on 8 December 2019 ...

happyflower.thumb.jpg.d262db8533b8250d6b04eebc974f0ae3.jpg  ilumairen    

bum.thumb.png.cd079065072fa0d8a0c617a3e02d19e1.png  wandelaar    photo-thumb-3061.jpg  Apech    photo-thumb-72974.jpg  Jeff    rhythm-wheel.thumb.jpg.0ace36a7a7ac3b8ae70f0c5d5caa7e48.jpg  moment  87ebe0a2e9956ccabe038d69b4516bec.thumb.jpg.e26ada382e36fbdd4fb43e3866592cae.jpgsteve     Rawson-duality-182.thumb.png.970080240fb91d2f41c71c9fdaca9aab.png  dwai   photo-thumb-55621.jpg  dawei    photo-110129.jpg Nungali   5ce7a777c56c3_shadowcreighton.thumb.JPG.343b7d3a8e8c1e71d33302391d4c8cbf.JPG silent thunder 

photo-thumb-96523.jpg Rara     2.thumb.jpg.20c83aad8e5d521d1415b13f1ea6f49c.jpg Nintendao     photo-thumb-28.jpg  thelerner

P_member_115431.png  Pilgrim    

5da25ec2d7eae_godmotherwand.thumb.jpg.65909427d4c0787409998e9b1071c41c.jpg   manitou

Sisters & Brothers  ~  thank you... please accept our bows in return...         

bowingatmound.jpg

(If you are sharp-eyed enough ~ you would have noticed... one YIN each supporting the YANGs in the middle. In times of sorrow ~ YIN is more steadfast than YANG. Of the two YINs ~ one of them is a fxxxy).

Hi again liminal_luke,

How is he now per the last time we spoke at the PPD area. Trust he is good... please send him my best regards. At that time I really thought that you were...

Life is for living forward with a purpose and meaning. If you like to communicate with me directly/privately... you can get my email address from XYZ.

God Bless.

- Anand

Pilgrim has a very big P!

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Apech said:

Pilgrim has a very big P!

P for what?

When it comes to jing > qi > shen ~ size matters?

• Haha 3

On 12/9/2019 at 11:45 AM, Earl Grey said:

Let Lima back-- he is an old man in his 70s from Singapore and doesn't know a lot about American and western progressive values.

You stand to be corrected ~

1. I am as young as you are old. You are lucky that I am not a lady ~ so second guessing me is reasonably save.

If I am a lady ~ you will surely get this from me...

kensi-and-deeks-in-love.gif?resize=245%2C160&ssl=1  th?id=OIP.tSP1Joq_abpvE-41jJfXJQAAAA&pid=Api&P=0&w=295&h=166

I have given my photographs to these friends after my first ban ~ Starjumper, silent thunder and dawei... ask them about my...

Now I have no photographs left ~ from being banned one time too many... 1 > 2 > 3 > ... (TTJ ~ Chapter 42). 

2. Do you think I will give two hoots to these if I am to tell you now that I am just an Average Joe in search of humanity through Taoism? I was once asked the difference(s) between Westerners and Easterners... I don't the answer. So I asked the person to ask Laotze... he has not come back to me yet,

One of them knows that I hate too many words... I am more into feelings.

More haste less speed...

tumblr_o0cd44BSip1r53v56o1_500.gif

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Limahong said:

1. I am as young as you are old. You are lucky that I am not a lady ~ so second guessing me is reasonably save.

kensi-and-deeks-in-love.gif?resize=245%2C160&ssl=1  th?id=OIP.tSP1Joq_abpvE-41jJfXJQAAAA&pid=Api&P=0&w=295&h=166

I have given my photographs to these friends after my first ban ~ Starjumper, silent thunder and dawei... ask them about my...

Now I have no photographs left ~ from being banned one time too many... 1 > 2 > 3 > ... (TTJ ~ Chapter 42). 

2. Do you think I will give two hoots to these if I am to tell you now that I am just an Average Joe in search of humanity through Taoism? I was once asked the difference(s) between Westerners and Easterners... I don't the answer. So I asked the person to ask Laotze... he has not come back to me yet,

More haste less speed...

Old, young, one time, two times, many times? Explore in new and different environments, most will make wonderful transformations. Sabbatical?  Whether it is a junket or a jaunt, remember non-now block.

Edited by moment

24 minutes ago, Limahong said:

More haste less speed...

Okay, grandpa.

• Haha 1

On 12/10/2019 at 3:00 AM, liminal_luke said:

I feel bad for my part in this.  If people are in email contact with Limahong (I´m not) please relay my apology.

Hi liminal_luke,

Today I came back to TDB principally for you when I heard about your apology. I asked why is l_l  feeling bad when he had recognised my "honest mistake" and had not done anything which I had perceived to be wrong before my denied access.

After a couple of hours ~ I will not comment anymore even though I may come back for visits.

I am not one for too many words ~ I feel more with energy.

Hope it is OK for you that I will not go into areas where/when words are used that I cannot understand.

Also as time is not on my side I will respond selectively to comments ~ if any.

You do not have to respond when something needs time for reflection. 

I await your agreement before I continue.

Please feel free not to continue... I will interpret your silence as discontinuation.

- Anand

Edited by Limahong
Enhance ...
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Limahong said:

Hi liminal_luke,

Today I came back to TDB principally for you when I heard about your apology. I asked why is l_l  feeling bad when he had recognised my "honest mistake" and had not anything which I had perceived to be wrong before my denied access.

After a couple of hours ~ I will not comment anymore even though I may come back for visits.

I am not one for too many words ~ I feel more with energy.

Hope it is OK for you that I will not go into areas where/when words are used that I cannot understand.

Also as time is not on my side I will respond selectively to comments ~ if any.

You do not have to respond when something needs time for reflection. 

I await your agreement before I continue.

Please feel free not to continue... I will interpret silence as discontinuation.

- Anand

Hi Anand,

Thank you for your post.  I felt bad because I don´t think you should ever have been banned.  I believe it was my report that resulted in your ban.

I am a gay man.  I thought you knew that and were calling me a "lady" and then a "fairy" as a way of making fun of me.  Posts by other Bums convinced me that I was wrong.  I now believe that it was an honest mistake on your part and you meant me no harm.

So I feel bad for jumping to the conclusion that you were trying to insult me.  I should have talked to you more clearly and asked questions before assuming something bad.  If I had, this unfortunate incident could have been avoided.

I now believe this whole thing was just a mistake, a mistake that was not your fault.  You will do what is best for you, of course, but I hope that this mistake doesn´t stop you from posting on the forum.  There is a lot of love for you here.

My apologies for the miscommunication,

Luke

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, liminal_luke said:

I am a gay man.

Dear Luke,

A gay man is also a human being ~ please don't ever typecast yourself thus again. Promised?

I didn't know that you are labelled thus. Hope that you are convinced by now that I did not poke fun at you.

But you can poke fun at me ~ no worries for me. Why? I know who I am and I know the positive energies at TDB for growth.

Like any organisations, TDB has its share of negative energies ~ some quite toxic. Develop the wisdom to avoid such bad energies.

Try not to engage with those who jump the gun by reacting to posts without reflecting. Some of them are verbose ~ I don't know what they are saying half the time. It can be fun to poke fun at them ~ but don't hit below the belt.

At the end of the recent turbulence... something very beautiful has emerged ~ your HONESTY. I salute you!

tumblr_nl21hhFNNK1unb64uo3_540.gif

I have to stop here before I into the silent mode ~ two more posts to complete.

Please feel free to contact me ~ if you want my email address please PM me.

Bro ~ I love you.

- Anand

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/9/2019 at 11:18 PM, wandelaar said:

Jim's mottos...

Hi wandelaar,

I have not forgotten...

On 4/3/2017 at 1:40 AM, Limahong said:

Hi Marblehead,

You "reserve the right to be wrong" - OK with me so long as I am not affected.

I "preserve my right that you do not wrong me or have me wronged" - OK with you?

You "reserve the right to change my mind" - no problem with me if you are mindful that I am blissfully ignorant of any of your change(s).

I "preserve my right to remain cool as other people's changes are none of my bloody business" - you want to change mindlessly?

You can stick to your "reservations", while I hang on to my self "preservation"; otherwise your "peace and contentment" will see me in "pieces and contempt".

I am not being confrontational but dualistically friendly as a fellow Taoist bummy.

Jeers to your "reservations" and cheers to my "preservation".

- LimA

On 4/3/2017 at 7:02 AM, Marblehead said:

Yeah, my signature block is a CYA thing.  People have told me I have been wrong about something and I simply state that I am allowed to be wrong.  I have also changed my mind and that's allowed too.

And sure, you may preserve your preservables.  (I might have just created a new word.)

I'm pretty sure I will never wrong you although I may disagree with you on occasion.

I do enjoy being brain teased.  It keeps the brain juices flowing.

On 4/3/2017 at 9:23 AM, Limahong said:

Great. Just poking fun ahead of some serious stuff to come when I move beyond welcome.

Also want to ensure that I become a better person for having joined TDB - thus self-preservation without any reservation. (preservation = passing-reservation).

I preserve myself dynamically, yin/yang-style as learning is ever on-going. As I move on, I may leave behind some preservables (as in pickled vegetables). You can have them. I only go for fresh stuff.

Don't get me wrong. It is perfectly OK not to be right so long as there is transparency, ownership and no hurting. We are only human.

As for changing the mind - it is as perfect as it is not. Reasons - (1) Taoism - yin/yang dynamism, (2) Buddhism - impermanence and (3) Hinduism - ? (can anyone help?)

All said training the mind is important as I am my mind. Nobody can take it from me as it is mine alone.

- LimA

(CYA = ? Your interests - short skirts and bikinis. Who wears them?)

The bottom-line of Jim's signature block mottos...

CYA

- cover your ass

- protect yourself

Bro ~ clear? If not send me a PM.

- Anand

16 hours ago, sean said:

(((sean)))   (((liminal luke)))  (((Earl Grey)))  (((Nintendao)))  (((Limahong)))   (((Rara)))   (((The Lerner)))   (((Pilgrim)))   (((Apech)))

(((Steve)))  (((Jeff)))  (((Silent Thunder)))  (((Moment)))  (((Wandelaar)))   (((Jonesboy)))  (((Dawei)))  (((Taomeow)))  (((Ilumairen)))

and of course,

(((((Marbles!)))))

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4

@ Manitou

Thanks!

@ Limahong

Clear!

Yeah, my signature block is a CYA thing.  People have told me I have been wrong about something and I simply state that I am allowed to be wrong.  I have also changed my mind and that's allowed too.

So Marblehead really considered it OK to be knowingly wrong, or at least to refuse to consider evidence that might prove him wrong. I remember discussing quantum mechanics with him, and how he refused to reconsider his naive causal materialism in light of (if I remember correctly) the double slit experiment. To me it is hard to swallow when somebody refuses to change a provably false position when confronted with a refutation, even if that someone was Marblehead. But perhaps there is something to say for his claimed right to be wrong? I would be guilty of the same stubbornness if I wasn't ready to listen to argument in favour of Marblehead's motto. - Anybody?

Edited by wandelaar

@Limahong I'd also like to apologize for the misunderstanding and for cursing at you. Just FWIW I say shit like "oh, will you go fuck yourself?" to close friends in a cheeky manner, as odd as that might sound. And even though I've been more severe here lately I never intend anyone real harm (except literal fascists I guess). I'm a weird human, but I think the loss of my tone of voice in text, combined with my "authority" here (still a strange role for me), can make me seem harsher than my actual personality which I believe is quite easygoing and loving. 🙏

• Like 8