Limahong

Jim (Marblehead) crossed over the line on 8 December...

6 hours ago, Limahong said:

Thus far these are Jim's friends in virtual attendance during his celebrations on 8 December 2019 at TDB's The Quiet Corner Bar & Grille at 8 am to 8 pm their local time...

Barbara (manitou) ~ Jim like(s/d) Dean Martin?

Dear Jim ~ from a friend...

Edited by Limahong
Enhance ...

8 December 2019 ~ 8 am to 8  pm everyone's local time.

From sunrise in the East to sunset in the West...

th?id=OIP.HGTGNpCdOOIYMXBU1qDW_gHaE7&pid=Api&P=0&w=246&h=165th?id=OIP.0iFL0rzB33Mbks2dphVsHAHaD5&pid=Api&P=0&w=293&h=155

From East to West... East and West... as ONE... in a song... Flowers in the Raining Night...

Where is the divide in ONE... The Middle Path

th?id=OIP.ZnuXwbSxuVXoircwkqH2SQAAAA&pid=Api&P=0&w=300&h=300 

Now what will not divided us from Jim?

Edited by Limahong
Enhance ...
  • Like 1

On 4/3/2017 at 1:40 AM, Limahong said:

Hi Marblehead,

You "reserve the right to be wrong" - OK with me so long as I am not affected.

I "preserve my right that you do not wrong me or have me wronged" - OK with you?

You "reserve the right to change my mind" - no problem with me if you are mindful that I am blissfully ignorant of any of your change(s).

I "preserve my right to remain cool as other people's changes are none of my bloody business" - you want to change mindlessly?

You can stick to your "reservations", while I hang on to my self "preservation"; otherwise your "peace and contentment" will see me in "pieces and contempt".

I am not being confrontational but dualistically friendly as a fellow Taoist bummy.

Jeers to your "reservations" and cheers to my "preservation".

- LimA

On 4/3/2017 at 7:02 AM, Marblehead said:

Yeah, my signature block is a CYA thing.  People have told me I have been wrong about something and I simply state that I am allowed to be wrong.  I have also changed my mind and that's allowed too.

And sure, you may preserve your preservables.  (I might have just created a new word.)

I'm pretty sure I will never wrong you although I may disagree with you on occasion.

I do enjoy being brain teased.  It keeps the brain juices flowing.

On 4/3/2017 at 9:23 AM, Limahong said:

Great. Just poking fun ahead of some serious stuff to come when I move beyond welcome.

Also want to ensure that I become a better person for having joined TDB - thus self-preservation without any reservation. (preservation = passing-reservation).

I preserve myself dynamically, yin/yang-style as learning is ever on-going. As I move on, I may leave behind some preservables (as in pickled vegetables). You can have them. I only go for fresh stuff.

Don't get me wrong. It is perfectly OK not to be right so long as there is transparency, ownership and no hurting. We are only human.

As for changing the mind - it is as perfect as it is not. Reasons - (1) Taoism - yin/yang dynamism, (2) Buddhism - impermanence and (3) Hinduism - ? (can anyone help?)

All said training the mind is important as I am my mind. Nobody can take it from me as it is mine alone.

- LimA

(CYA = ? Your interests - short skirts and bikinis. Who wears them?)

On 4/3/2017 at 7:45 PM, Marblehead said:

Yeah, I know.  You are establishing yourself.  Not to always be taken serious.  I'm that way too but I never tell folks when I'm being serious or when I'm just messing around.  I leave it to them to figure it out if they care to do so.

Yes, the processes of Dao (Tzujan) are in constant flux.  Therefore all under the influence of Tzujan must also be in constant flux.  Right becomes wrong; ugly becomes beautiful (and even beautiful becomes ugly).  (Perspectives.)

And I agree with you, our mind is our most important asset.

On 5/7/2017 at 9:31 PM, Marblehead said:

We all know that I am an Atheist so we all should know what my perspective would be in such a discussion.

One of the things I find most beautiful about Daoist Philosophy is that I can stand alone with no religious support or can be the background for incorporation with nearly any religion.

Yes, the apple tree is an apple tree.  They grow where they can.  It took the Israelis a long time to hybrid a apple tree that would grow in Israel.  But they now have an apple tree.

We humans can change our nature, an apple tree cannot except through evolution which takes a very long time.  But we humans can even change that.

Daoism is about the natural world as perceived by our senses and brain.  Change anything and we are messing with nature.  But I will not place value on this because many of our changes have been very beneficial.  But I will always question changing Daoist Philosophy by adding religion to the philosophy.

On 4/4/2017 at 8:14 AM, Marblehead said:

Well, personally, I do pay attention to other belief systems but I always filter out the religious aspects and remain only with the philosophy.  I do this with Christianity as well.

On 4/2/2017 at 4:41 PM, Limahong said:

Hi Marblehead,

You are a wise teacher.

Instead of giving me fish, I have to fish for myself.

Will test myself.

- LimA

On 4/2/2017 at 8:32 PM, Marblehead said:

That gave me a chuckle.  Thanks.

(CYA = cover your ass)

Edited by Limahong
Enhance ...
  • Thanks 2

Thank you! I think it is important to remember Marblehead as he was, and not make a Taoist deity of him. As he liked to say he would rather drag his tail in the mud.

59 minutes ago, wandelaar said:

I think it is important to remember Marblehead as he was, and not make a Taoist deity of him.

Make Jim ~ a Taoist deity... something like The Goddess of Mercy... ?

001-Quan-The-Am.gif

Beautiful!

Jim ~ please have mercy on us. Thank you.

• Like 1

Can somebody please explain to me (and possibly to others also) what is going to happen on Jim's Celebration on Sunday. I first though it was going to take place in some bar somewhere in the US (but I couldn't find out where), until I read that we were expected on The Dao Bums itself. Then I read something about the food, until it proved to be virtual. :blink:

I'm not very active on social media and not at all in the virtual reality thing, so I have no idea what the plans are.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, wandelaar said:

I'm not very active on social media and not at all in the virtual reality thing, so I have no idea what the plans are.

Hi Bro and Sis,

Just login onto TDB's The Quiet Corner Bar & Grille on 8 December 2019 ~ 8 am to 8 pm your local time.

- Anand

Edited by Limahong
Enhance ...

17 minutes ago, wandelaar said:

Can somebody please explain to me (and possibly to others also) what is going to happen on Jim's Celebration on Sunday. I first though it was going to take place in some bar somewhere in the US (but I couldn't find out where), until I read that we were expected on The Dao Bums itself. Then I read something about the food, until it proved to be virtual.

Hehehe... Jim is chuckling.

• Haha 1

On 12/4/2019 at 9:17 AM, Limahong said:

(EYes, I will write it down on my calendar.  But my memory is getting pretty bad now, so no guarantees on whether I'll remember or not. Told E ~ I will send haunting reminders. I just sent one ~ MEOW.

I had sent two MEOWs to E ~ very effective. Why?

E has just sent me this message... "All right!  Here!  Go outside!"

Let's see...

(F) He has also come forward as Jim's friend in virtual attendance. But he has added ~ "If I remember"... another pain in the...

I had already sent F two MEOWs ~ no response. Will send some more haunting reminders as F is known to be a "marathon meditator"... from the little that I am told.

All the other friends of Jim in virtual attendance are angels...

Edited by Limahong

Countdown to Jim's Celebration on Sunday...

SATURDAY...... SUNDAY

c418c74260265144bf749f8fd82b8d4b.gif

Edited by Limahong
Enhance ...

On 11/29/2019 at 11:59 AM, dawei said:

My only regret is that he was here in FL and I never made time to meet him.

Hi dawei,

Please confirm that "FL = Florida". Thank you.

- Anand

On 4/27/2017 at 12:39 PM, Limahong said:

Hi Marblehead,

Are you just marble or Simon & Garfunkel’s rock thus:

"I Am A Rock"

A winter's day
In a deep and dark December
I am alone
Gazing from my window
To the streets below
On a freshly fallen, silent shroud of snow
I am a rock
I am an island

I've built walls
A fortress, steep and mighty
That none may penetrate
I have no need of friendship
Friendship causes pain.
It's laughter and it's loving I disdain.
I am a rock
I am an island

Don't talk of love
Well, I've heard the words before
It's sleeping in my memory
And I won't disturb the slumber
Of feelings that have died
If I never loved, I never would have cried
I am a rock
I am an island

I have my books
And my poetry to protect me
I am shielded in my armor
Hiding in my room
Safe within my womb
I touch no one and no one touches me
I am a rock
I am an island

And a rock feels no pain
And an island never cries

I really hope not

- LimA

On 4/27/2017 at 7:57 PM, Marblehead said:

Well, there was a time in my life when I was Simon's "Rock" but my reference was to this:

Help!  I'm A Rock - Frank Zappa

Help I'm a rock, help I'm a rock, help I'm a rock
Ahahahahahahaaa
Help I'm a rock, help I'm a rock, help I'm a rock
Somebody, please, please
Help I'm a rock, help I'm a rock...
Wow man, it's a drag being a rock
Help I'm a rock...
I wish I was anything but a rock
Heck, I'd even like to be a policeman
Hey, you know what, you know maybe if I practised, you know
Maybe if I passed my driving test
I could get a gig drivin' that bus and pick some freaks up
In front of Ben Franks, right

Help I'm a cop, help I'm a cop, help I'm a cop
(Help I'm a rock...), help I'm a cop, help I'm a cop
It's a drag being a cop, I think I'd rather be the mayor
Always wondered what I was gonna be when I grew up, you know Always wondered whether or not, whether or not I could make it
You know, in society, because
You know, it's a drag when you're rejected
So I tore the cover off a book of matches and I sent in
And I got this letter back that said, UHU,

AHA

I think I am a verb.  Well, maybe a verb and a noun.  Yeah, both.

Let us have some quiet and peace to reflect on each of our own private experiences with Jim before the celebrations tomorrow. Let us touch base with our inner selves per each of our own Way ~ en-route to meet  Jim  as ONE tomorrow.

Edited by Limahong
Enhance...

To the newer members of TDB ~ who have joined after 8 December 2018...

Please come to The Quiet Corner Bar & Grille tomorrow at 8 am to 8 pm your local time to celebrate together with us. We believe Jim will be very to meet you all too.

The direction to the Bar & Grille...

Home The Tent  > Personal Practice Discussion  > ilumairen  > DaoTown  > The Quiet Corner Bar and Grille

Edited by Limahong
Enhance ...
  • Like 1

12 midnight ~ 8 December 2019

Whose midnight? As the time is closing in, I have decided "12 am" at my end ~ Singapore which is 152.01 km north of the Equator. Perhaps we can treat my end as the fourth chakra or middle dantian?

At "12 am" (in about 4 hours time) ~ can we adjoin to The Quiet Corner Bar & Grille if you are temporally comfortable to move there... if not later?

I have not consulted ilumairen on this ~ trust it is fine with her.

I will be at the Bar & Grille in a short while to take a look... and will be back for the crossover at "12 am". 

- Anand

• Like 1

Everyone ~ Please move over to the Bar & Grille NOW!!!

Someone has gate crashed ~ the celebrations have started.

Henceforth everyone is on his/her own.

Enjoy!

Edited by Limahong
Correct errors.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Everybody remembers something personal about Marblehead -- he interacted with everybody.  

Even if it was just to say something like, "I have nothing to say to this," or "I don't think I can add anything."  I once asked him, well, if you have nothing to say, why not just say nothing?  His response was unexpected and really made me smile.  He said (don't remember verbatim of course), when someone posts and no one responds, they're just left hanging.  So I'll write something -- if I have nothing to say, I can at least acknowledge that I've read what they wrote.  

It may have been before the emoticon buttons were installed on TDB which now might serve the same purpose, but even if it was after -- I'm not sure when -- it still made sense to me then.   Like a quick acknowledgment -- I see you, you're not surrounded by totally unresponsive vacuum.  I liked it a lot.

R.I.P., dear friend.     

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

That´s beautiful.  I remember when I first discovered that Bums had official friends here.  Not sure whether that´s still a part of the profile page or not, but back then you could officially "friend" someone and their avatar showed up as your friend on your page.  Anyway, I bemoaned the fact that I didn´t have any friends.  Or not many anyway, I forget.  Marblehead stepped forward and officially friended me saying that he wanted to be a friend to everyone.  We saw things differently politically, had different cultural affiliations, but Marblehead crossed the aisle to see me as a person.  It felt good.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 2019-12-05 at 10:09 AM, Limahong said:

Hi ilumairen,

As I have some time on my side today, I took the liberty to figure out the route to the Bar & Grille for Jim's celebrations on 8 December 2019.

Here is the route to take ~

Home The Tent  > Personal Practice Discussion  > ilumairen  > DaoTown  > The Quiet Corner Bar and Grille

- Anand

Oooooh now i get it, it’s here! I just assumed you lucky bastards were geographically close and that Ilu actually either ran or owned a physical spot called The Quiet Corner. Well that changes everything. I’ll be dropping in sometime in the early or late hours.

Pardon me for the mixup.

edit:

@wandelaar we seem to have had the same problem eh?

Edited by Rocky Lionmouth
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Taomeow said:

I liked it a lot.

41 minutes ago, liminal_luke said:

That´s beautiful.

Ladies,

You are cordially (and desperately) invited to The Quiet Corner Bar & Grille.

The guys (yang) are getting out of hand.

PLEASE come and pacify with your yin...

Especially the Aussie one...

sos-animated.gif

- Anand

(I am pulling your legs ~ there is now LIVE celebrations for Marblehead at the Bar &  Grille. PLEASE come over. Opening hours ~ 8 am to 8 pm your local time.)

Edited by Limahong
Enhance ...
  • Confused 1