Limahong

Jim (Marblehead) crossed over the line on 8 December...

Limahong

On 11/27/2019 at 12:00 PM, manitou said:

Marbles recorded a bunch of his favorite music on several CD discs for me - he loved the old stuff - big band, stuff from the 50's and 60's.

Any songs that you like to share with others? I will try and have them downloaded.

Any requests from anyone else?

me-

I've always found When I'm Old and Wise by Alan Parsons to be meaningful and haunting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4HI1_LTWIk

Edited by thelerner

Dear Jim,

I was away from the forum, and when I came back, you were gone. Funny how we take things for granted, isn't it? You know I wasn't the best at turning up to the Chuang Tzu studies...life takes me away, and if death takes you away, you and I both know that at this present moment, you would now rather be where you are ;)

But you never really left. Look at the legacy you have left behind. Now I think you can finally chuckle with me with the understanding that you are immortal.

I will always remember being able to feel such relaxed warmth from your words on the forum. So much so, that I reached out and came to you for direct advice time and time again. And your answers were direct, simple and kind. You never lectured, you let me be me, and always treated bums with respect, like they were your elders.

Forever a sage on TTB, you will be missed but never, ever forgotten. Hope you're enjoying riding the clouds x

Edited by Rara
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, thelerner said:

I've always found When I'm Old and Wise by Alan Parsons to be meaningful and haunting.

Hi thelerner,

Thank you for sharing this ~

... true to what you have said.

- Anand

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rara said:

Forever a sage on TDB, you will be missed but never, ever forgotten. Hope you're enjoying riding the clouds...

Marblehead

th?id=OIP.B7kDmVXL8fyhWx8-LZqT1QAAAA&pid=Api&P=0&w=300&h=300

th?id=OIP.YGNaNepkOWfUGf24llFd_QHaFs&pid=Api&P=0&w=196&h=151

tumblr_oyfrc8Tbb71wf8zwvo1_400.gif

Hi Rara ~ I can see you from here... Jim

Edited by Limahong
Enhance ...
  • Like 3

On 12/2/2019 at 10:04 AM, ilumairen said:

The invitation, including all who were friends to Marbs

Hi ilumairen,

8 December ~ 8 am to 8 pm re all local times... will be auspicious.

Why?

Phonetically '8' sound like  (发 - simplified) in Chinese... and  <=> Prosper.

So ~ 8 December - 8 am to 8 pm...

PROSPER PROSPER PROSPER!

發發發!

(font size ~ 18)

I am pretty sure ~ Jim will bless us ALL.

- Anand

Edited by Limahong
Correct errors.
  • Like 1

On 12/2/2019 at 4:27 AM, ilumairen said:

A celebration of Jim's life ~ 8 December 2019... 8 am to 8 pm (each Bum's local time)... at TDB's The Quiet Corner Bar & Grille

Good morning ilumairen,

The above celebration this coming Sunday will be a no frill virtual event.

There will be no disruption to the Bar & Grilles' business ~ especially on a Sunday.

This coming Sunday ~ business as usual... but with you looking especially beautiful for Jim... as the Bar & Grilles' hostess.

Don't forget he ha(s/d) trained eyes for...

Just look pretty without stress/strain as I am trying to get Bums to come forward as friends in virtual reality.

They will keep warm the attendance for the remembrance of Jim.

Thus far five Bums have confirmed their presence as friends in attendance. They are ~

(AI'll be there. Not sure when. Probably a couple times. See you soon.

(BYes sir I will be there.

(CI set reminder on my phone for 3 pm (Pacific time) the 8th to log onto The Bums for Marblehead celebration.  Being a visitor in Las Vegas there's a chance of drunken lewdness leading to arrest and incarceration, but barring that I'll be online. Or even with that, if they let me keep my phone I'll be here. When you're on and if you want to use the magic of world wide texting, my cell # is  XXXXXXXXXX.

(DMost certainly. I will likely be checking in throughout the whole day (I'm in eastern time zone) and look forward to sharing such times.

(EYes, I will write it down on my calendar.  But my memory is getting pretty bad now, so no guarantees on whether I'll remember or not. Told E ~ I will send haunting reminders. I just sent one ~ MEOW.

A list of Jim's friends in virtual attendance will be compiled and make known before 8 December. Let me assured you ~ they are very familiar virtual faces at TDB.

Last but not least ~ food...

Good day.

- Anand

Edited by Limahong
Enhance ...
  • Like 1

On 12/2/2019 at 10:04 AM, ilumairen said:

The invitation, including all who were friends to Marbs, is posted here (at the venue we will be meeting at):

Hi ilumairen,

A good question has been raised on the directions to The Quiet Corner Bar and Grill. 

Please advise.

Thank you.

- Anand

I totally agree with this and I suggest that we do have total free will in the spiritual (wu) state. But I will suggest that we have limited free will in the manifest (yo) state as well. True, the limits are tighter for some folks than they are for others but still.

Be well!--- Marblehead, July 8th, 2009

Okay. I admit that Taoism is also a religion. (You do know how hard it was for me to say that, don't you?) And I pretty much agree with the rest of what you said. The Tao is all encompassing. (But no, I don't embrace all that I experience in the Manifest universe.)---Marblehead, May 20th, 2014

For me, spirituality points to my inner essence, my state of mentality regardless of external conditions.---Marblehead, December 1, 2018

The last song Marblehead posted in what are you listening to on December 1, 2018 

Edited by moment
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, moment said:

I totally agree with this and I suggest that we do have total free will in the spiritual (wu) state. But I will suggest that we have limited free will in the manifest (yo) state as well. True, the limits are tighter for some folks than they are for others but still.

Be well!--- Marblehead, July 8th, 2009

Okay. I admit that Taoism is also a religion. (You do know how hard it was for me to say that, don't you?) And I pretty much agree with the rest of what you said. The Tao is all encompassing. (But no, I don't embrace all that I experience in the Manifest universe.)---Marblehead, May 20th, 2014

For me, spirituality points to my inner essence, my state of mentality regardless of external conditions.---Marblehead, December 1, 2018

The last song Marblehead posted in what are you listening to on December 1, 2018 

Listening to the lyrics of that song one wonders if he felt or knew his end was near...?

And also thanks for the quotes!

• Like 1

On 12/4/2019 at 10:48 PM, moment said:

I totally agree with this and I suggest that we do have total free will in the spiritual (wu) state.

Hi moment,

Thank you for the efforts you have put in to share with us the citations  from Jim dated ~ July 8th, 2009... May 20th, 2014... December 1, 2018.

I have noted the last one ~ just a week before 8 December 2018 when Jim crossed over...

For me, spirituality points to my inner essence, my state of mentality regardless of external conditions.

--- Marblehead, December 1, 2018

I feel this citation poignantly in relation to what X and Y have sent to me via PM this week.

X ~ has not posted on this thread.

Y ~ has posted but will not join the celebrations on 8 December 2019 @ The Quiet Corner Bar & Grille.

These are their reasons ~

X 

Thanks for the invite , but I dont have any words.

I dont know why things re:Mh affected me so much,

but I dont need to close the book.

In fact , I prefer not to. I'd rather keep in touch.

I hope that makes sense 

Good luck to you Lima. 

Bro ~ will you join us at the celebrations?

Y

Hi Anand!

How you doing?

I’ll set up a little offerings on the altar here at home at an appropriate time, hopefully they’ll be accepted and i might ask Guan Sing Tai for him to add some part of the power of brotherhood, justice and benevolence to the gathering.

Either way count me in as spiritually present.

If there is a guestbook or something would you take a message for me?

As i know it pleased Marbs greatly

ever onwards will i only speak truth of real things.

Hugs

Bro ~ at the celebrations everyone will sign in with his/her heart... no problem I will take a message for you... please send me your message. ❤️ => ❤️❤️ => ❤️❤️❤️...

The sands of time... the shifting, whispering sands...

sand-man.gif

- Anand

Edited by Limahong
Correct errors.
  • Like 2

some June day in 2013, a truly summer day in every sense, lazy cloud, his brother, and myself climbed into a jeep I hadn't completely destroyed yet, drove down a couple of backroads through the forest, to Cumberland falls and met up with Marblehead. of course the falls itself was the first thing that we shared commentary on. jim said what a great place for meditation it was and how difficult it is to completely clear one's mind; how could you ignore the water falls and not think of it in its presence? 

he said something about how I didn't look like the college student he was expecting to meet. he generously offered to buy us all lunch, and asked what we wanted to order, there by a snack stand; hotdogs, ice cream soft drinks, burgers, fries, place. lazy cloud quickly spoke up, saying that the lodge was where lunch is being served and Marblehead ended up buying us all pork chop plate dinners. jim smoked his cigarette after lunch and after we had touched upon a few Taoist topics; lazy cloud's brother and Marblehead got into a long discussion concerning solar power. we probably hung out just over a couple of hours. if I had to condense down to one word that described the encounter and Marblehead, that word would be jocund. marblehead said he wanted to get over to jelico mountain while there was still light to check it out. Marblehead, said he had met a few other bums. he talked some about the poker playing ralis. 

on our way back after we had parted ways with Marblehead, lazy cloud and his brother talked about how they really enjoyed meeting jim. lazy cloud described jim as a "scientific Taoist". I thought it was remarkable that in person, jim was the same as an online Marblehead. I hate using overused descriptors, but the word authentic fit jim like a glove. in real time jim was just as quick and spontaneous as Marblehead comes across here on this forum; except in person, much better. his typed hehehe isn't the same as looking into his eyes while he did hehehe with a cigarette hanging off his lip. 

I met Marblehead at the one year anniversary of my XYP initiation. we all know his materialist theory views and have heard about his chair. after our meeting I did notice some change in his postings concerning spiritual aspects. he was one who wanted to see evidence and wasn't much on things he couldn't identify objectively. however, jim was open minded and knew there were mysteries in the universe and with the process some of us here refer to as Dao. we've read Marblehead's "Evolution is a fact." Marblehead/jim was well aware he was undergoing evolutionary process too.

he left his mark here for sure. a prolific poster, a handy philosopher to engage with, an authentic person. he remains part of the magic that is The Dao Bums. as long as this site remains online, Marblehead achieves immortality. an immortal dao bum, if you will. 

• Like 7

5 hours ago, wandelaar said:

Listening to the lyrics of that song one wonders if he felt or knew his end was near...?

And also thanks for the quotes!

He knew and you are welcome.

Edited by moment

3 hours ago, moment said:

He knew...

So Marblehead... The Wondering Taoist is now a...?

... I wonder.

On 11/28/2019 at 3:18 AM, Limahong said:

Bikinis

I downloaded this for Jim in one of the thread...

Cannot remember if he had responded with his signature Hehehe. Why?

Nowadays it is kid stuff...

4 hours ago, zerostao said:

in real time jim was just as quick and spontaneous as Marblehead comes across here on this forum; except in person, much better.

Hi zerotao,

You are lucky to have firsthand experiences with both Marblehead and Jim.

Yes off TDB he was ~ "in person, much better".

In his emails ~ he was quite a polished gentleman...

BumpProgression01.gif

Gems to many...

semi-precious-gemstones.gif?w=300&h=231

- Anand

12 hours ago, Limahong said:

So Marblehead... The Wondering Taoist is now a...?

... I wonder.

Yes, absolutely!  He is?

Edited by moment

5 hours ago, zerostao said:

he left his mark here for sure. a prolific poster, a handy philosopher to engage with, an authentic person. he remains part of the magic that is The Dao Bums. as long as this site remains online, Marblehead achieves immortality. an immortal dao bum, if you will. 

Jim's immortality has started to gain roots and is personified by Brian's return...?

Brian

Thank you Bro for coming back to honor him.

• Like 2

What is real? Can we not just pretend...

(Jim's an avid gardener.)

I have dreamed of this thread for Jim ~ many moons ago.

Thank you All for the love, respect, memories, support... for Jim.

- Anand

Edited by Limahong
Enhance ...

On 12/4/2019 at 1:30 PM, Limahong said:

Directions to The Quiet Corner Bar and Grille on 8 December 2019

Hi ilumairen,

As I have some time on my side today, I took the liberty to figure out the route to the Bar & Grille for Jim's celebrations on 8 December 2019.

Here is the route to take ~

Home The Tent  > Personal Practice Discussion  > ilumairen  > DaoTown  > The Quiet Corner Bar and Grille

- Anand

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, zerostao said:

He generously offered to buy us all lunch, and asked what we wanted to order, there by a snack stand; hotdogs, ice cream soft drinks, burgers, fries, place.

th?id=OIP.xU-3vQjoxEapjufIfoaFngHaEK&pid=Api&P=0&w=275&h=155  th?id=OIP.ohsx3A78GZ-aeonBnA-wFgHaFj&pid=Api&P=0&w=230&h=173   th?id=OIP.-ViyACSlrYZBRTetkEnrFwHaEK&pid=Api&P=0&w=290&h=164  th?id=OIP.K8TN0ufl-4iSEoVTxcgF3QHaER&pid=Api&P=0&w=262&h=152  th?id=OIP.l1OTKzXAXW21Vi9VAhXClAHaD4&pid=Api&P=0&w=290&h=153

Hi zerotao,

Close enough? It makes me hungry to do this post. Now I am munching biscuits.

- Anand

Edited by Limahong
Enhance ...

Hi All,

Thus far these are Jim's friends in virtual attendance during his celebrations on 8 December 2019 at TDB's The Quiet Corner Bar & Grille at 8 am to 8 pm your local time... I am waiting/expecting for more friends to add on this list ~

happyflower.thumb.jpg.d262db8533b8250d6b04eebc974f0ae3.jpg  ilumairen

bum.thumb.png.cd079065072fa0d8a0c617a3e02d19e1.png  wandelaar

photo-thumb-3061.jpg  Apech

photo-thumb-72974.jpg  Jeff

rhythm-wheel.thumb.jpg.0ace36a7a7ac3b8ae70f0c5d5caa7e48.jpg  moment

87ebe0a2e9956ccabe038d69b4516bec.thumb.jpg.e26ada382e36fbdd4fb43e3866592cae.jpgsteve

Rawson-duality-182.thumb.png.970080240fb91d2f41c71c9fdaca9aab.png  dwai

photo-thumb-55621.jpg  dawei

photo-110129.jpg  Nungali

5ce7a777c56c3_shadowcreighton.thumb.JPG.343b7d3a8e8c1e71d33302391d4c8cbf.JPG  silent thunder

5da25ec2d7eae_godmotherwand.thumb.jpg.65909427d4c0787409998e9b1071c41c.jpg   manitou

P_member_115431.png  Pilgrim

photo-thumb-28.jpg  thelerner

2.thumb.jpg.20c83aad8e5d521d1415b13f1ea6f49c.jpg  Nintendao

photo-thumb-96523.jpg  Rara

More of Jim's friends will be added...

- Anand

Edited by Limahong
Enhance ...