Limahong

Jim (Marblehead) crossed over the line on 8 December...

2 minutes ago, ilumairen said:

You can announce it there, dear Anand, and I'll certainly join you.

Dear ilumairen,

Can you PLEASE send out an invitation here to all as the gracious hostess of the Bar & Grille?

I have never been involved in any of the pow-wows before... there.

I do not want to make a boo-boo on 8 December 2019... will not forgive myself for any hiccups on my part.

I will supply the food... a deal?

Quality over quantity ~ in both attendance and food... 1 => 2 => 3... => 10000

- Anand

P. S. Dear Barbara ~ can you PLEASE help ilumairen to organize? Jim always like(s/d) a lady's touch... from the little I know.

1 minute ago, ilumairen said:

Shall we start with what time you'd like to meet in remembrance?

Lady's prerogative.

To a great member,

A welcomer, a rock,

a man who lived life on his own terms,

and lived it well.

To Jim

your wit and wisdom are missed. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, thelerner said:

To Jim

your wit and wisdom are missed. 

Hi thelerner,

Thank you.

edit, re-edit and re-re-edit this post as a response to yours...

what I am trying to get across is...

see you at the The Quiet Corner Bar & Grille on 8 December 2019.

I remember that you had visited the place before. Time to be advised.

- Anand

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Limahong said:

Dear ilumairen,

Can you PLEASE send out an invitation here to all as the gracious hostess of the Bar & Grille?

The invitation, including all who were friends to Marbs, is posted here (at the venue we will be meeting at):

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Sad to hear this. He was always supportive even though  he knew of  my inclination to religious Taoism and his favor  of  philosophical Taoism is undoubtful  .  I can't stop recalling how he gave me a hand when I was under fire in  some posts. Maybe the regrets of many people's life are  their knowing of the Taoist jing-qi-shen theory not earlier enough ..

Edited by exorcist_1699
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ilumairen said:

The invitation, including all who were friends to Marbs, is posted here...

Hi ilumairen,

Thank you for the invitation and this beautiful word ~

th?id=OIP.WzZtrHM8ZY0tdzRf6jIIRQHaEc&pid=Api&P=0&w=265&h=160  Jim's Life is a celebration ~ indeed.

As discussed per our PMs - a designated time can be a constraint as Jim has friends all over different time zones.

So instead ~ we will have an open house celebration from 8 am to 8 pm re his friends' local time.

We will try and arrange for web hostesses/hosts to be around... but all visitors can ...

tenor.gif

But they must not forget to sign in with their hearts ~ and with good wishes for Jim... if possible.

We will provide food ~ almost around the clock on 8 December... as the way to a (wo)man's heart is through his/her stomach. Yes/no?

Let us have the pre-celebrations/developments take roots as in the first chakra... and be a Taiji Pole on 8 December...

th?id=OIP.4jXyBdWyB2O_hPVg4DOU3wHaEW&pid=Api&P=0&w=259&h=153

- Anand

• Like 2

6 hours ago, exorcist_1699 said:

I can't stop recalling how he gave me a hand when I was under fire in some posts.

Hi exorcist_1699,

I hear a...

th?id=OIP.Ssur3lDltUhoBxRZwfEUGAAAAA&pid=Api&P=0&w=193&h=173

He had gave me such a helping hand too.

I also remember a time when I was reacting funny to something most members on that thread knew the background ~ Jim PM me and laughed. He told me the whole story and I made a 180 degrees turn ~ much to his amusement.

Thank you Jim ~ from us.

- Anand

Edited by Limahong
Enhance ...

Hard to believe it's almost a year.

Still missing Jim's presence everyday, he was so important to this place it's a wonder we've carried on thus far without him.

• Like 9

My friend, Jim, has left this mortal coil. His passage is a loss for me, and for all who had the opportunity to come to know him, but I am not -- and have not been -- sad for him because it was not a loss for HIM. Jim completed one section of the trail and moved on to the next section. I would like to think he reflects with fondness upon his memories of us as we do upon our memories of him but I suspect he is "in the moment."  I usually am.

A warrior, a philosopher, my friend.

Fare thee well, Marblehead.

Light,

Brian

P.S. If anyone feels up to it, fill me in on major changes here in the last two years (via PM...)

Edited by Brian
  • Like 13

Marblehead is still here, obviously.

One of the best examples of a man living beyond his body that I have ever seen.

And that is almost never achieved by obtaining and getting.

It is achieved by giving.

Look at his post count.

He gave MUCH attention to this forum.

The presence he created in that is still being felt today.

Marblehead's 功夫很好 !

-VonKrankenhaus

Edited by vonkrankenhaus
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Apech said:

Hard to believe it's almost a year.

Still missing Jim's presence everyday, he was so important to this place it's a wonder we've carried on thus far without him.

Hi Apech,

I am on sabbatical and had not been at TBD for quite a while. I now returned to start a thread in remembrance of Jim.

I had never started a thread before here and I fumbled a little at my maiden attempt. I returned with some trepidation ~ not knowing if I have done the right thing. But with Jim in focus ~ I am confidently energized... as always.

I have asked in one of my posts in this thread ~

23 hours ago, Limahong said:

Has/can anyone felt/feel a certain energy flowing in/through this thread ~ in his/her own Way... in relation to Jim's Way?

What have we rubbed off from Jim per a perception of his embrace of the... ?

I feel his presence and energy... and the energy of those who love and still fondly remember him.

I have also indicated in another post ~

On 11/29/2019 at 1:59 PM, Limahong said:

Jim may be happy to know that some of his Tao Bums are very well connected outside of TDB ~ through trusted socialization.

For those who are connected thus ~ they can figure out what I am trying to put across to Jim. Case in point... Brian.

Bro ~ I did not download this for no reason...

Welcome home Bro.

- Anand

Edited by Limahong
Correct errors.
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, vonkrankenhaus said:

Marblehead's 功夫很好 !

Hi vonkrankenhaus,

Thank you.

Are you Chinese? I have always thought of you as Eastern European. Typing your namesake is...

- Anand

Well i’m seven kinds of thick throated and teared up now from reading you guys on this. There’s some of you on here that i do hope i will have the opportunity to hug in real life and its painful to realize it as a visceral longing just because one of them had the nerve to go die on us.

I still miss him, the old grouchy bundle of wisdom. The Marblehead-shaped hole in this world is still a beautiful place to visit, a monument even.

Like something else it has no form or location, it is not something or somewhere, and yet... we meet there. Odd isn’t it?

I came here some nine years ago, way back enough to feel ancient even, and cant say i remember exactly when we first came into contact but i do remember noticing two things: he already had a/some version of his anarchist signature and oh how i rejoiced in that, took an instant shine to him for planting his foundation clearly as the ground upon which his words stood as well for his tone.

Check this out:

How badass and on point can one be? Even back then it carried a glint in the eye together with a dead-serious litteral truth. Thats how he reads to me.

In these eyes of mine, Jim (still struggling with that) had a certain vibe of pulling our legs while simultaneously giving excellent advice and/or teaching by example. 

Well, goddamn it Marbs here it is. Again, for the i-don’t-know-how-manyeth time this last year, i’m grieving your death and missing you with laughs and tears. I so much figure you’re out there somewhere enjoying, hanging out, poking pun-fun at some haughty goodhood or butting heads with dragons on matters of staunch materialism. Because who says it’s not materialist to be an immortal?

Anyhow, this was just about to turn into some hagiography and sentimental drivel so lemme compose myself, imbibe a libation of beer and one of rhum.

On sunday i will invite Great Heavenly Lord Guan for a humble offering in your name and until then be about my earthly business.

Here’s to you Marbs, here’s to you my good friends far away but close by virtue of here, here’s to the rest of you Bums - one and all - for Blessings, Happiness and Longevity.

Outtie 5k

- PEACE

Edited by Rocky Lionmouth
  • Like 8

I miss Marbles.

He was such a grounding influence here.

His presence was never overpowering but always engaged.

I particularly liked to see how his materialistic view softened over time.

I could literally see him opening up towards the end, entertaining new possibilities.

Thanks for remembering Anand.

I will try to join you all on Sunday.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Rocky Lionmouth said:

The Marblehead-shaped hole in this world is still a beautiful place to visit, a monument even.

Like something else it has no form or location, it is not something or somewhere, and yet... we meet there. Odd isn’t it?

Torus.gif

• Like 1

Marblehead was a gentleman. As many have noted, he was a voice of calm and reason amidst massive battles that often raged here when I first started.

He and I always noted that we usually agreed with each other on most subjects, so there was never any reason to argue.

I often find myself thinking of him...sometimes wistfully but always fondly. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Limahong said:

Are you Chinese? I have always thought of you as Eastern European.

My name here just means "From the Hospital" in German.

I am not really German.

More relevant to this post, maybe I am more Chinese in background than Marblehead, but his genuine interest in philosophical Taoism insured that he and I agreed on many things throughout various discussions.

So it never mattered.

-VonKrankenhaus

• Like 1

There is an expression that comes to mind...  No Man is an Island.

This is from a sermon from John Donne, whom I loved reading... , who became the most influential Existentialist philosopher of the seventh century.   he would become less known as the original phrase of, "for whom the bell tolls" , as Hemingway would write a book with that title.

Donne wrote: “Any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind; and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; it tolls for thee.” 

It is a humanistic, empathetic conceit, and coexistence  based on an idea of another's loss (of life).  It carries the kind of bathos appeal for pathos.  

Yet, the understanding of his 'passing on' does not drag us downward to our own demise... but furthers our insight on how to shine a light on life, and beyond life.  

There is a simple question in all of this: Why do we continue to remember him (or the contra, why don't we forget him?)

There is a recall, a recollection, a memory, a glance where we see him and remember him. 

That stuff is not just the mind but the heart. 

For those who have known that chinese did not separate heart and mind but put it in one word: XIN.  Maybe Jim has now made that aware, why.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dawei said:

For those who have known that chinese did not separate heart and mind but put it in one word: XIN.  Maybe Jim has now made that aware, why.

Hi dawei,

I have decided to pick up your gauntlet through this sharing of the little I know at the moment...

th?id=OIP.OTLYDI2DpFouZXdfq4PAYAHaDW&pid

I am recently told that the three dots of    have been thought of in relation to ~ jing <=> qi <=> shen.

I am presently figuring this association out.

. => 2 .. => 3 ... => ... 10000?

- Anand

7 hours ago, vonkrankenhaus said:

My name here just means "From the Hospital" in German.

No wonder ~ when I typed your namesake I felt...

13 hours ago, Limahong said:

Typing your namesake is...

I am not really German.

Jim has a German lineage...

More relevant to this post, maybe I am more Chinese in background than Marblehead, but his genuine interest in philosophical Taoism insured that he and I agreed on many things throughout various discussions.

So it never mattered.

th?id=OIP.RV361eqkAU-bxSm1MXmV-wAAAA&pid=Api&P=0&w=300&h=300

ALL WOMEN ARE SISTERS?

(A Bro just responded ~ Yes, why not? 

I asked him ~ Are you a woman... how do you know? A man without a woman is not a woman...  and a woman without a man is not a woman?)"

Wait for the next episode... wish Jim is...

Edited by Limahong
Enhance ...

On 11/28/2019 at 2:00 AM, manitou said:

Marbles recorded a bunch of his favorite music on several CD discs for me - he loved the old stuff - big band, stuff from the 50's and 60's.

Any songs that you like to share with others? I will try and have them downloaded.

Any requests from anyone else?

... connections with Jim through music. 

Edited by Limahong
Enhance ...