Limahong

Jim (Marblehead) crossed over the line on 8 December...

I have not arrived at TDB for  quite a while and I feel a paradigm shift now.

Such a shift is a part of living ~ neither good nor bad on the surface.

But good/bad in reality ~ to each his/her own...

I joined TDB in March 2017 and I am truly blessed to have met Jim...

Phew I nearly missed him...

Now I miss Jim for having met him.

Edited by Limahong
Enhance ...
  • Like 5
  • Sad 1

It seems most fitting that the thread is in the Daoist Discussion as he was a stalwart 'philosophical daoist'.

He had asked on his deathbed for no announcement and attention of himself on TDB but a coming 1 year eulogy from members seems useful to remember him.

My only regret is that he was here in FL and I never made time to meet him.  In a weird way, I was able to observe and interact with him on TDB like I was in his living room anyways.  I felt like I could always find him on any day discussing any and every topic.  And that was part of his soul: While he maintain a strict individual sense of chinese daoist philosophy he saw the equality bestowed to all. 

I don't think I ever saw someone so capable to so staunchly defend their own beliefs and yet affirm his opposites they had a right to theirs. Due to this nature, he could talk in every single forum and subforum with ease.  There is no argument his posting count is something nobody may likely ever get to and it is not because he was verbose but because he saw the value in everyone posting.

He was the consummate welcomer.  He defined how to treat one and all who came, and found something in their post, however brief, to raise the welcome flag.

As I said, he was a strict philosophical daoist and even I butted heads with him at times.  But his position was not because he did not believe in religious daoism but rather, there was no practical use to him (in his life).  He did not debate whether another might find value in it and use of it.  Herein was his greatness, his own naturalness in action. 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, dawei said:

Herein was his greatness, his own naturalness in action.

Hi dawei,

Before...

... Jim may be happy to know that some of his Tao Bums are very well connected outside of TDB ~ through trusted socialization.

giphy.gif

- Anand

• Like 3

Marblehead was a very special person. We had some very good discussions, and I always appreciated how open he was to various points of view. Definitely one of the good guys...

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

51 minutes ago, Jeff said:

Definitely one of the good guys...

Hi Jeff,

But of course...

(When I used these three words on Jim ~ he would respond... Hehehe...)

- Anand

• Like 1

ben.jpg.01fcbb484ecd556b18aaa0d106e6047e.jpg

During some of my more melancholy moments, I admired Jim and once dreamed of him while he was alive meeting me in the event that I were to die without having achieved everything I wished I could in life, that he would let me know the same as what Ben says to Peter above (image from Death of Spider-Man). 

After his passing, I regret not being here because I had left during the time the forum and admin had essentially become a right-wing mouthpiece and there were serious signs of hypocrisy and unethical practice throughout here, from unethical posting of instructions of a system that is also dangerous to the rudeness of people whom I wonder how the hell they became admin. Had I known he would leave us, I'd have made more effort to speak with him, because he was a friend to all.

I dreamt as well about seeing him and leaving something for his two sons, and asked before an admin removed my post about his two sons and a message for them, but I suppose whatever came through was what was meant to be shared and what I remember or get out of it. 

Jim is still sorely missed, and he was a friend to all, even those we find difficulty being friends with, for even his own opinions never weighed more than his humanity, his personality, and character.

Edited by Earl Grey
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Earl Grey said:

I admired Jim

Hi Earl,

You have come across as a very intelligent kid to Jim.

May I say this on his behalf...?

"You did good, Kid".

- Anand

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/28/2019 at 5:13 AM, wandelaar said:

Maybe it's an idea to make a topic with favorite Marblehead quotes...

Hi wandelaar,

Jim really enjoyed poking fun at you on...

th?id=OIP.9hA0qe8RrLgv2Rn_NHldrQHaHa&pid=Api&P=0&w=300&h=300

circle_square_optical_illusion.jpg

... sometimes close to a point of being 'sadistic'. I can almost hear him chuckling now...

When he poked fun at me ~ at times I hit back at him concretely with the full backing of...

- Anand

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Limahong said:

Hi wandelaar,

Jim really enjoyed poking fun at you on...

th?id=OIP.9hA0qe8RrLgv2Rn_NHldrQHaHa&pid=Api&P=0&w=300&h=300

circle_square_optical_illusion.jpg

... sometimes close to a point of being 'sadistic'. I can almost hear him chuckling now...

If he did I didn't realize it.

2 minutes ago, wandelaar said:

If he did I didn't realize it.

Hi wandelaar,

He's a crafty fox at times. Feel good that these gave him joy...

th?id=OIP.Bg-7MjsRCY3ctpvPkM9O4QAAAA&pid=Api&P=0&w=172&h=168

7e02528994daf35ed13af7ef3d95e215.gif

You did it!

- Anand

13 hours ago, dawei said:

He was a stalwart 'philosophical daoist'

Hi dawei,

Yes ~ he like(s/d) us to be clear on this.

Very wise of him... he can/could be almost infinite...

Tao Te Ching - chapter 42

The Tao begot one.
One begot two.
Two begot three.
And three begot the ten thousand things.

th?id=OIP.fvAOOpe72m4dwVkzVOxSpQHaE1&pid=Api&P=0&w=269&h=177 th?id=OIP.nPtx6FzuIOs0PRbOhakjSgHaEK&pid=Api&P=0&w=282&h=160Yin-Yang.gif

- Anand

• Like 4

ME AS A NEW KID ON THE TDB BLOCK

(A) I first arrived at TDB on 31 March 2017 at the Welcome Section...

Hello Limahong, and welcome.

Lots of folks here talk about internal alchemy.  And we have Daoists, Buddhists, and Hindus so lots of people for you to talk with.

You are welcome to jump right in ongoing discussions, revive an older thread, start a new thread of your own, or start a discussion in the "Newcomer Corner" sub-forms to expand on your introduction or ask general questions to help you get started.

May you enjoy your time here.

Marblehead"

(B) On 5 April 2017 - I started to spread my wings...

Hi Marblehead,

I will now take my leave from the Welcome Section. Thank you for having me.

I will within short move into the big domain of TDB.

What will I do there? Or how will I go about there?

I will search, hang around, creep around, stalk, rummage, lurk …

Not to worry, I will be on my best behavior - not devious, suspicious, shady, shifty, fishy …

Believe I will be 'person' focused – i.e. follow the threads of selected/reviewed bummies. It will be more holistic per person and less fragmentary.

As for subjects, I will first track the ‘jing/qi/shen framework’ as reflected in a Deltrus posting. I am a graduate from a few 100 days challenges. I would like to refine myself here.

If there are no postings that require responses from me, I will disappear for a while.

It is not goodbye but until soon.

- LimA

It all started with Jim.

Jim - it is not goodbye but until soon.

- Anand

Edited by Limahong
Enhance ...
  • Thanks 2

21 hours ago, dawei said:

He had asked on his deathbed for no announcement and attention of himself on TDB but a coming 1 year eulogy from members seems useful to remember him.

I am so glad you mentioned this!  I wrote a eulogy and expression of a goodbye from TDB's and I submitted it to management.  I told them that it was just something for them to change, as sometimes it's easier to start if there's a bit of a foundation.  I never heard anything more (and I think it was at a period of time when I wasn't signing in much) and just assumed they modified it to their liking and called it in to Jim's friend, who was coordinating all this.

But I got a call from Jim's friend (can't remember his name) after the funeral, and he wondered why it was that the Dao Bums hadn't written anything up?  He had been waiting to get it - I wish he'd called me earlier.  I told him that I was so sorry about the mix-up and I felt terrible about this, and have since the funeral.

I am so relieved that Jim specifically said that he didn't want anything written up, as I didn't know that before.  I didn't call the guy back to clarify that, nor did I mention this to anybody at TDB's.  For what purpose, I thought?

So this bit of knowledge now puts me out of my misery, so to speak  :)

Thank you, dear Dawei!

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

Damn. Seems like every time I check in on the Bums I get some bad news :( 

I didn't know him personally but he always had very even keeled responses even in the threads from the wilder days.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, manitou said:

I am so glad you mentioned this!  I wrote a eulogy and expression of a goodbye from TDB's and I submitted it to management.  I told them that it was just something for them to change, as sometimes it's easier to start if there's a bit of a foundation.  I never heard anything more (and I think it was at a period of time when I wasn't signing in much) and just assumed they modified it to their liking and called it in to Jim's friend, who was coordinating all this.

But I got a call from Jim's friend (can't remember his name) after the funeral, and he wondered why it was that the Dao Bums hadn't written anything up?  He had been waiting to get it - I wish he'd called me earlier.  I told him that I was so sorry about the mix-up and I felt terrible about this, and have since the funeral.

I am so relieved that Jim specifically said that he didn't want anything written up, as I didn't know that before.  I didn't call the guy back to clarify that, nor did I mention this to anybody at TDB's.  For what purpose, I thought?

So this bit of knowledge now puts me out of my misery, so to speak  :)

Thank you, dear Dawei!

Thank you Manitou... many hugs :)

This was a bit of a surreal time for staff as MB was so beloved among the board and staff who found him an inspiration of how to balance staff and a voice on TDB.   When staff got notice that his wish was for us not to announce his 'further travels', the staff was unanimous in feeling to comply but we put some stuff in the private areas so there was a limited view of the news.

I will say, I am glad Lima decided to start a thread.  We no longer need to consider this is an announcement of his departure but a heartfelt, dao-speed to what our minds mapped as a physical human we called Marblehead.  

The staff, at the time, was not directly involved with a notice but we accepted the information we received.   So I don't want to overstate some kind of information about him.  We were acting mostly on what was passed along to us but we took it as his desire.

You have relayed as interesting angle on the circumstance.   It shows that in every corner, everyone was thinking about him.    Our picture of those events gets clearer with each window that opens.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, manitou said:

So this bit of knowledge now puts me out of my misery, so to speak

Hi Barbara - good closure in reality?

7 minutes ago, dawei said:

You have relayed as interesting angle on the circumstance.   It shows that in every corner, everyone was thinking about him.    Our picture of those events gets clearer with each window that opens.

Hi dawei,

Each window that opens ~ a clear closure follows... yin-yang?

- Anand

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Limahong said:

Hi Barbara - good closure in reality?

Yes, Anand.  Fairly good closure.  

Edited by manitou
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, manitou said:

Yes, Anand.  Fairly good closure.

Hi Barbara,

A good closure is a good closure. Period.

How sure are you that Jim is not with Joseph... for having met you? You remember...?

th?id=OIP.eDOevZfSLF1GE1CywQC_8gHaE8&pid=Api&P=0&w=252&h=169

During this remembrance, XYZ sent me this via PM -

"It was really nice to see your post for Marbs. I don’t think I told anyone but my dad also passed away last year, too, and that week I had a dream they were talking to each other. 💛"

... I trust XYZ will not mind my sharing thus.

th?id=OIP.-F82zhbxyZNdRCER9EfJOQHaE8&pid=Api&P=0&w=248&h=166

- Anand

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, Starjumper said:

I enjoyed the way Jim had a way of seeing the positive side of things, and how he helped Anand get started in the forum.

Yes, bless Jim's heart for bringing Anand along.  Jim also had a cute little troll-like quality at times, and he clearly passed it on to his protege.  :D

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Hi ilumairenBarbara, steve, Nintendao and...

Happy to note that 8 December 2019 falls on Sunday.

Do you all still have the regular pow-wows on Sundays at...

The Quiet Corner Bar & Grille ?

If so ~ can a special sit-in be organized for Jim on 8 December... next Sunday

Again if so ~ I can contribute some finger food.

Please let me know early so that I can shop, cook, bake... on time.

All blessings if there is going to be a pow-wow today at the Bar & Grille...

- Anand

Edited by Limahong
Enhance ...
  • Like 2

Hi All,

Has/can anyone felt/feel a certain energy flowing in/through this thread ~ in his/her own Way... in relation to Jim's Way?

What have we rubbed off from Jim per a perception of his embrace of the... ?

1266200.gif

In some ways are we ONE with Jim...?

一-order.gif

th?id=OIP.WbGh7aUof8dOVOgqVZ7DtwHaE8&pid=Api&P=0&w=237&h=159

Really?

- Anand

Edited by Limahong
Enhance ...
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Limahong said:

Hi ilumairenBarbara, steve, Nintendao and...

Happy to note that 8 December 2019 falls on Sunday.

Do you all still have the regular pow-wows on Sundays at...

The Quiet Corner Bar & Grille ?

If so ~ can a special sit-in be organized for Jim on 8 December... next Sunday

Again if so ~ I can contribute some finger food.

Please let me know early so that I can shop, cook, bake... on time.

All blessings if there is going to be a pow-wow today at the Bar & Grille...

- Anand

You can announce it there, dear Anand, and I'll certainly join you. 

• Like 2