Sign in to follow this  
silent thunder

Pluviophiles: Rain Appreciation

Mana from Heaven.

It's rained three times this morning!  Full gorgeous pounding rain.

Our last measurable rain fell here in mid May.  It was just shy of 3/4 of an inch, or 2 cm.

When I first hear it on the roof, it's not a choice, I simply bolt to the door and walk outside to get soaked.

I've always loved rain.  It was a selling point in our early relationship, my wife recalls, watching me dart out of the car to go bounding off through an unexpected downpour and walk the rest of the way home in the rain, waving and grinning like a school kid on holiday break.

But after moving to the desert, my former appreciation has unfolded into a driving love... a heart expanding wow experience every time I encounter it now.  We used to take camping trips to nearby areas when we knew there would be weather, to simply sit in it.

Had to share.  We're in for some more over the next days and hopefully the trend out of the crippling drought of the last 10 years is yielding.

Love Love and Love!5dd59df1b026e_huntingtongardensunshower.jpg.f721d7acbebf1d7a0423550b5a69ace6.jpg5dd59e0bb726b_raindragonfly.thumb.jpg.218c1a1c2cfa1d6f1e0445944284cb53.jpg

• Like 4

Lucky Duck !

We could use some of that rain  to put out fires !   yesterday I noticed the grass out the front of my place crunches when you walk on it . It is so dry it just breaks when you walk over it .   And this valley is renown for staying green when all else goes brown .

No rain on the horizon anywhere yet .  Actually, its weird here ;  day temps have been VERY low, clouds come in , temp drops and with all the smoke like mist, it feels just like it does before heavy rain comes , but there is a pink light and a pink orange ball in the sky and totally dry . The body senses rain is coming ...  but it also senses that it is too dry for that .

• Sad 2

@silent thunder   Same here.  Manna from heaven.

As a kid I used to spend summers at my grandmother's in a little town that had a rather unique climate -- it rained almost every day in summer, but it didn't disrupt any sun-related activities because most of the rains were short and sweet, many with the sun still shining, so they were just punctuating the day without turning it into a "rainy day."  And then there were thunderstorms, also frequent and also returning to the default sunny weather once over.  And "mushroom rains" that were almost as fine as fog.  I remember studying them since I was four or five -- learning to predict if a rain would be coming, the kind of rain it would be, how long it would last, and so on.  I could tell the expected duration of a thunderstorm by observing how the raindrops hit a puddle -- it involves assessing the presence of the bubbles they make on the surface, and then their size.  No bubbles -- it will keep going on for a while.  Small bubbles -- it might end within an hour.  Large bubbles -- it will stop within ten minutes.  I accumulated this kind of knowledge about those local rains of every variety.

So when I met the mother of all rains and all else in the rain forest...  well, that's for a different story.

Enjoy the rain!  :) 

• Like 3

On 20-11-2019 at 9:23 PM, Nungali said:

Lucky Duck !

We could use some of that rain  to put out fires !   yesterday I noticed the grass out the front of my place crunches when you walk on it . It is so dry it just breaks when you walk over it .   And this valley is renown for staying green when all else goes brown .

No rain on the horizon anywhere yet .  Actually, its weird here ;  day temps have been VERY low, clouds come in , temp drops and with all the smoke like mist, it feels just like it does before heavy rain comes , but there is a pink light and a pink orange ball in the sky and totally dry . The body senses rain is coming ...  but it also senses that it is too dry for that .

The rain is coming, right where you are, even pouring all over you, you're just staying in the draught, to experience a different reflection of how it is possible to experience the lack of what you want, even whilest what you want is right inside of you. It's like on the flipside of your being. You can simply look into the direction of it, and focus upon it, to understand how your consciousness is capable of experiencing the act of creation. 

When you are always creating exactly what you want, one wants to have an experience of a dream where you are not who you actually are. So you dream a dream of fires and draught. But the rain is still there. It doesn't go away. Everything is still accesible. But you want it to be spread out. Space and no time. Spaaaaaaace. Universe now after universe now, shifting 5 billion times per second of perspectives. New here and now. New here and now. 

This is a different mode of consciousness and dimension. But your soul still has full knowledge and knowing of all spread out time into forever this. Forever this. Forever this. Time spread out wide and open. In one single point of space. 

And you can feel your emotional guidance. 

To help you know, that if you want rain, you can focus upon it, and it will be evermore here and now for you. But you have to understand the value of knowing the draught, which has helped you know that you prefer rain. 

For if the preference was not there, then you would simply enjoy the fire. So appreciating the fire is how you allow yourself to let it go, and thus allow the rain. Effortlessly. 

You don't need to change anything. Because your soul is already there. It is only a matter time, you see? You can focus on rain, and it will be evermore here and now for you. 

Because you are already there. Reminding yourself, that YOU have decided to go to the rain. And if your physical body stays focused upon the flame, you create a tension of resistant energy within the two points of view, of your physical being and your greater non-physical consciousness. That feels like negative emotion.

To remind you, that what you want, already is. It is a matter of focusing it into beingness. Or greater allowed realisation. Of who and what you already are being and becoming evermore here and now. 

If you want others to come with you, you create further resistance for yourself. Because you do not, and you cannot, create in the life of other people. You cannot choos for another. And if you try, you only lessen your own natural freedom, to be, do or have anything you want. 

Much joy to you. 

Sign in to follow this