Mskied

Knowledge is very simple

Your Will is ever yours, but is it the Will you desire?  Nay.  The Will you have developed was based upon the Will of others, and eventually, on how you interpret their actions based on the role they play.

Erase yourself if you must, in order to create yourself.

Name the roles in life and decide on the actions it takes to fulfill that destiny.

What is the destiny?  It is ------------------------------------------->  LIFE!  Live, enjoy, succeed, prosper.

Remember that you are surrounded by people that may, or may not, be in control of their role and their destiny, and so be vigilant against their opinion on how you are to play out your fate.  Remember:  you are in control of this to the extent that you are free, but when you find the inevitable Truth that you must participate with others (for we are indeed reliant upon one another, as no Man can do it all) then realize their foundation and objective, and correlate it with what you understand of the Order you perceive (knowing of course, that there is really only one True course to a civilized process) and communicate and barter with them until both parties are satisfied.

Know too that there will be complications in these affairs, and that you will ever wish to pursue the joy, and will always find reason to sorrow, but fear this not, for these are the tides of a life that is tied to the origin of Will, which is CHAOS.

DO WHAT THOU WILT!

• Like 2

For those of you interested in my notes on Tarot and Qabalah, I want to say that if you are using the Greek or non-Jewish version, be certain to define all the attributes that they add to the Sephira- do this by finding the source material for the Gods and come to comprehending their myth.  Remember that the heart of the Tree is Hebrew, but that the English version is a solid translation.  Most versions I have seen do not muddy the actual Sephira, applying only the most fundamental attributes to their English versions.  

It is best to only focus on the actual 10, and notice that, as with the Tarot, this is a story about what life will bring you, and how to manage it.  It is a simple map of what it takes to live a successful life.  We employ strength and mercy in the right combination and we find beauty and symmetry.  We explore the subconscious as we climb to the third Sephira to examine our concepts that linger within our psyche.  We find our ideal in Kether, and the Will in the 2nd Sephira as we descend into the rest of the Tree to learn about ourselves, and our world, all of which is played out in Malkuth, and in Malkuth are ideals, as in Kether.  

As far as Tarot, these are roles, and encounters on that path.  The final cards to consider are the Emperor and the Chariot- the vehicles we use as modes of comprehending the Universe and the role we take in leading our lives through this journey.  

These two tools can be accessed through personal practice at a devotional pace, or through other mystical states, and it is in the higher mystical states that things get complicated- I advise going the route of devotion.  The path of dramatic interpretation takes longer and can be much harder to endure.

In all of life there is the observations of the individual, and to them, their interpretation will hopefully match their ideal, and to them, their ideal is beautiful (if not to you).

All of life is our attempt at getting our vision accomplished, and as God is an observer of life, He probably admires each of us in our fashion of examination, contemplation and experimentation- and so it would be Wise to consider that all Wisdom is valid to those that observe it.  One can sit back and admire this, having no Will of their own, or one can declare "I too want my vision to be satisfied!"  Whatever the desire, these things are beautiful, as they are products of this waking world, where Free Will is our greatest asset (and sometimes, our greatest fault- but would you have it any other way?)

Even for those that dwell in sadness of failing to achieve, or wondering at a loss that they cannot live the life they desire, there is something to observe, though I would hesitate to call it beauty, and this is where I must put on my priestly robe and advise that for those of us that understand, that we bring understanding to these little flowers, for they do indeed deserve this right as well.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Mskied said:

In all of life there is the observations of the individual, and to them, their interpretation will hopefully match their ideal, and to them, their ideal is beautiful (if not to you).

All of life is our attempt at getting our vision accomplished, and as God is an observer of life, He probably admires each of us in our fashion of examination, contemplation and experimentation- and so it would be Wise to consider that all Wisdom is valid to those that observe it.  One can sit back and admire this, having no Will of their own, or one can declare "I too want my vision to be satisfied!"  Whatever the desire, these things are beautiful, as they are products of this waking world, where Free Will is our greatest asset (and sometimes, our greatest fault- but would you have it any other way?)

Even for those that dwell in sadness of failing to achieve, or wondering at a loss that they cannot live the life they desire, there is something to observe, though I would hesitate to call it beauty, and this is where I must put on my priestly robe and advise that for those of us that understand, that we bring understanding to these little flowers, for they do indeed deserve this right as well.

‘Please explain why you view God as male? I prefer Ein Sof which is defined as totality as opposed to the incessant human need for a male parental god. 

Edited by ralis
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, ralis said:

‘Please explain why you view God as male? 

At this point, anything he answers is a non-explanation, best characterized as a rant against necessary scrutiny of his dubious ideas.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, ralis said:

‘Please explain why you view God as male? I prefer Ein Sof which is defined as totality as opposed to the incessant human need for a male parental god. 

Well you can blame Genesis for that. It states that "god created man in his own image. ". Most westerners are taught the old testament fairy tales from a young age so it comes naturally.

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, ralis said:

I think this is a matter of choice, dependent upon ones own interpretation of cause.  Were existence to be Truly Infinite and accidental, then sure, Ain Sof fits the bill, and there is no need for a God other than yourself.  I hold onto hope for a Creator, I guess, and if not, I will at least acknowledge that someone has ascended to immortality, male or female.  Perhaps Creator is neither, and so its just default to say "God" which, if Im not mistaken, is a feminine word anyway.

1 hour ago, Mskied said:

Perhaps Creator is neither, and so its just default to say "God" which, if Im not mistaken, is a feminine word anyway.

God in most languages is masculine. E.g. in latin DEUS is male. DEA is female.

7 hours ago, Mskied said:

What is the destiny?  It is ------------------------------------------->  LIFE!  Live, enjoy, succeed, prosper.

Considering that almost in everyone's life the proportion of bad stuff to good stuff is >1 and in most of these cases it is beyond our control i must answer NO emphatically.

I think you are conflating Purpose, Destiny and Inclination.

Destiny varies from individual to individual and is beyond one's control.

Purpose might be different depending on individual inner needs.

Inclination of every being is to live a happy life.

These three things aren't the same and achieving one of these ends doesn't achieve the others by default.

6 hours ago, Zork said:

Considering that almost in everyone's life the proportion of bad stuff to good stuff is >1 and in most of these cases it is beyond our control i must answer NO emphatically.

I think you are conflating Purpose, Destiny and Inclination.

Destiny varies from individual to individual and is beyond one's control.

Purpose might be different depending on individual inner needs.

Inclination of every being is to live a happy life.

These three things aren't the same and achieving one of these ends doesn't achieve the others by default.

Please consider carefully what I say initially.  We begin life with a set of DNA/knowledge/ability/attributes- and we are raised by others with the same sort of combination of ideas, acted out how they feel it should be represented, and we grow in their care and develop our identity and definitions of reality based on these limited exposures to people in roles, and the words in books and images on screens and paper.  This is "destiny" and it is naturally happening all the time.

When a person decides to take control of this, they reject who they are and contemplate nothing, recognizing that fundamentally, all they are is consciousness, the awareness of it being formed by the aforementioned attributes.  When you can scale back these things, and choose to define them according to what you have later decided to be true- rather than what was represented- you can avert destiny and forge your own path through identity, and life.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mskied said:

Please consider carefully what I say initially.  We begin life with a set of DNA/knowledge/ability/attributes- and we are raised by others with the same sort of combination of ideas, acted out how they feel it should be represented, and we grow in their care and develop our identity and definitions of reality based on these limited exposures to people in roles, and the words in books and images on screens and paper.  This is "destiny" and it is naturally happening all the time.

And this would include a masculine creator with the job description "God" - with a capital G.

1 hour ago, Mskied said:

When a person decides to take control of this, they reject who they are and contemplate nothing, recognizing that fundamentally, all they are is consciousness, the awareness of it being formed by the aforementioned attributes.  When you can scale back these things, and choose to define them according to what you have later decided to be true- rather than what was represented- you can avert destiny and forge your own path through identity, and life.

And for some this (or similar) process includes the mythology and religion presented by our forebears.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ilumairen said:

And this would include a masculine creator with the job description "God" - with a capital G.

And for some this (or similar) process includes the mythology and religion presented by our forebears.

It would include all art, actually.

1 minute ago, Mskied said:

It would include all art, actually.

I'm never sure if you intentionally misdirect what I share, or if you simply don't understand what I'm pointing towards. 

At the moment I'm only focused on the perpetuation of a masculine God, and how this is very much something handed down generationally and often bought into, believed and passed along without question. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ilumairen said:

I'm never sure if you intentionally misdirect what I share, or if you simply don't understand what I'm pointing towards. 

It's an ongoing pattern with him: misdirect, misinterpret, and misuse. 

• Like 2

Just now, Earl Grey said:

It's an ongoing pattern with him: misdirect, misinterpret, and misuse. 

I'm mildly curious if this is intentional, or perhaps the outward manifestations of something closer to what is sometimes referred to as a "hall of mirrors."

I'm also contemplating how much I wish to engage and participate in what is set forth.

I don't think you see the potential of what I am presenting here.  The initial information has nothing to do with a God, though should that be a desire of yours, then it can.  Later in the thread I include God, because I choose to participate in that design for my own reasons.  No one else has to, and so I wonder why you would include this as a prerequisite to my advice.

Just engaging in discussion. I've been through, and continue to go through my own experience. 

And while I may consider what you set forth as mostly a curiosity, I'm not here asking for anyone's "advice." 

Without exception everything has male-female (active passive) polarity.

God within itself has this polarity, but when humans speak of God they are talking about their relation to God and so in that relation God is male and human-soul is female (receiving), the Sun and the Moon that reflects Sunlight.

That is why God is male, it means in the relationship of our soul to God we are receiving and He is emitting.

Our species also has the male-female polarity.

Within a single human being there are various expressions of male-female, one is the yang-yin meridiens, another is the upper (fire) and lower (water).  Because humans are complex creatures the male-female polarity is expressed in various ways and levels.

@Mskied

Personally I feel like I'm on my own path, playing my own game.

Sure it involves others, but I have more or less defined what moves are valid in encounters with them.

Of course every day something new happens, and new possibilities open.

Every day the ideas I had about the game gets challenged.

But as long as I know my path and I play the game as best I can,

then I have no regrets, I don't want anything in particular either.

Within limits of course, I'm not about to profess myself an enlightened saint or anything.

Rather I often find myself within a flow and others are baffled that someone could even wish to take my path.

To be normal is the ultimate aim of the unsuccessful.

Carl Jung

If one isn't being weird and out there in contrast to everyone else on a normalized path,

then one is profoundly unsuccessful and ultimately have failed oneself.

Only by going on some epic adventure by ones own design can one ultimately find what one want and needs.

Sure there will be trials, issues and setbacks, and objectively one can get into all sorts of troubles.

Yet if we don't do that, then life is more or less nothing.

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all.

Helen Keller

14 hours ago, Zork said:

he will get all uppity if you correct him .... careful,  or you will be put in the box with the rest of 'us'.

He does have a right to his opinion you know ... even if its wrong ... what are ya a fascist or somefin ?

;) 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, ilumairen said:

At the moment I'm only focused on the perpetuation of a masculine God, and how this is very much something handed down generationally and often bought into, believed and passed along without question. 

When I go into 'religious mode'   (I know,  I am weird ; instead of being certain that my religious beliefs are reality, I use my propensity to have a belief system and a religion to my own ends  ;)  ), I am thankful that my worshipful deity is female , and not some male war God !

Surely this must make a huge psychological difference in people ?

Some extracts :

The unveiling of the company of heaven.

Every man and every woman is a star.

Every number is infinite; there is no difference.

Come forth, o children, under the stars, & take your fill of love!

I am above you and in you. My ecstasy is in yours. My joy is to see your joy.

Then saith the prophet and slave of the beauteous one: Who am I, and what shall be the sign? So she answered him, bending down, a lambent flame of blue, all-touching, all penetrant, her lovely hands upon the black earth, & her lithe body arched for love, and her soft feet not hurting the little flowers: Thou knowest! And the sign shall be my ecstasy, the consciousness of the continuity of existence, the omnipresence of my body.

For I am divided for love's sake, for the chance of union.

This is the creation of the world, that the pain of division is as nothing, and the joy of dissolution all.

The word of Sin is Restriction. O man! refuse not thy wife, if she will! O lover, if thou wilt, depart! There is no bond that can unite the divided but love: all else is a curse..

Take your fill and will of love as ye will, when, where and with whom ye will! But always unto me.

This shall regenerate the world, the little world my sister, my heart & my tongue, unto whom I send this kiss. To me! To me!

Invoke me under my stars! Love is the law, love under will. Nor let the fools mistake love; for there are love and love. There is the dove, and there is the serpent. Choose ye well!

I give unimaginable joys on earth: certainty, not faith, while in life, upon death; peace unutterable, rest, ecstasy; nor do I demand aught in sacrifice.

But to love me is better than all things: if under the night stars in the desert thou presently burnest mine incense before me, invoking me with a pure heart, and the Serpent flame therein, thou shalt come a little to lie in my bosom.

Bbut always in the love of me, and so shall ye come to my joy. 

I love you! I yearn to you! Pale or purple, veiled or voluptuous, I who am all pleasure and purple, and drunkenness of the innermost sense, desire you. Put on the wings, and arouse the coiled splendour within you: come unto me!

Sing the rapturous love-song unto me! Burn to me perfumes! Wear to me jewels! Drink to me, for I love you! I love you!.

I am the blue-lidded daughter of Sunset; I am the naked brilliance of the voluptuous night-sky. To me! To me!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQLD4vlaVoqhWQXrUcTZo-

Edited by Nungali

I see a Saint as simply someone that devotes their efforts to taking care of the needs of others, whether that is an intellectual need, or a material need.

When it comes to taking care of the intellectual needs of others, I see two kinds of Saints based on the opposites of Chaos and Order.

The Chaos Saint leads a person to realizing the vast and complicated variety of perspectives that make up the human race as we try to navigate all the various opinions and observations that make up this very complicated pattern of people weaving together their personal Will and want into a collective that unites to succeed together.

The Order Saint, which is in some ways also the Chaos Saint, is the one that brings about a clear path to making sense of Will and want, except that in the context that they differ from a Chaos Saint is that they have a more firm objective of a perfect symmetry where all people reach a level of agreeable interaction based on the same common principal, one that probably involves absolute fairness, security, lack of depravity and harm- and to this end I really believe this is the secret goal of most idealists that pursue "the Good".  Many people want their own want and Will to be strong enough to accomplish their want and Will, but an Order Saint is less about personal want and more about a community want that is peaceful, fair, and successful without harming.

15 hours ago, Mskied said:

Did you even consider that I have a different or clearer point of view on the subject?

A person that is born with a defect like being blind for example has a different Destiny than me.

His purpose can be anything from trying to be useful to society to being a scammer.

His inclination is obviously to live a happy life.

I see no way that he can change his blindness so i will disagree on the ability to change his destiny.

Taking control of one's destiny is so f**king white privileged american talk. One can be content with less but this will never make someone happy. This path only leads to elimination of suffering as Buddha has already taught. He nowhere said that this will lead someone to take control of his destiny and impose his will on reality. Actually doing that is perpetuating the illusion of this impermanent world.  

• Like 1