Sign in to follow this  
knowledgeseeker

Hello

I'm interested in Daoism and this seems to be the place to discuss it!  I have questions regarding Daoism and it's philosophies that I plan to ask about in the appropriate subforums.  In my personal practice I follow Franz Bardon's system of hermetics but I also enjoy learning about and comparing other systems, just for the sake of expanding my viewpoints and allowing me to understand my own practices better.

Welcome @knowledgeseeker 👋

I've tinkered with Franz Bardon practices myself, always seemed quite potent. Quite an undertaking though, no?, even just to work through Initiation into Hermetics.

When it comes to Franz Bardon I think I've learned more from Rawn Clark and William Mistelle interpreting his work, including there extensive notes on IIH then from the original writings. 

On 11/11/2019 at 5:16 PM, thelerner said:

When it comes to Franz Bardon I think I've learned more from Rawn Clark and William Mistelle interpreting his work, including there extensive notes on IIH then from the original writings. 

Rawn Clark's books have definitely helped me out a lot as well, especially because Bardon's theory section is a bit thin on details (I guess he wanted to student to learn more themselves through experience).  But IMO, Bardon's practical steps are the most straightforward and well-thought-out system for anyone who wants to get into this stuff by themselves.

I haven't gotten in to Mistelle's stuff yet although I am aware of him.  It seems like most of commentary deals with the higher-level steps and evocation, whereas I'm still in the beginning stages myself.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this