14 hours ago, silent thunder said:

for @Everything 

Hide contents

He was certainly way ahead of his time. Crazy...

Are these quotes after the 75's? If it's even before the 70's that would be crazy impressive.

His show went National in 1968, but it debuted in Pittsburgh in 1962.

He was envisioning it and working on it before that time.

He personally recruited the cast and crew and sought out guests himself.

It ran daily and new episodes were filmed until 2001. 

It continued to be shown daily until 2008.

In several markets it ran twice a day.

2 hours ago, silent thunder said:

His show went National in 1968, but it debuted in Pittsburgh in 1962.

He was envisioning it and working on it before that time.

He personally recruited the cast and crew and sought out guests himself.

It ran daily and new episodes were filmed until 2001. 

It continued to be shown daily until 2008.

In several markets it ran twice a day.

I find that hard to believe. How could this man know so much, in such a long gone distant past, when no one knew anything. And now yet, still no one knows it seems. Do I always have to be so blessed? Am I the only one who realises the impossible nature of Fred Roger's personal self realisation? Do people just spontaneously combust like that? Into eternal ever self spontaneously combusting flames? 

Feels kind of self contradictory. Waiting for an answer.

4 hours ago, Everything said:

I find that hard to believe. How could this man know so much, in such a long gone distant past, when no one knew anything. And now yet, still no one knows it seems. Do I always have to be so blessed? Am I the only one who realises the impossible nature of Fred Roger's personal self realisation? Do people just spontaneously combust like that? Into eternal ever self spontaneously combusting flames? 

Feels kind of self contradictory. Waiting for an answer.

ok

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, silent thunder said:

ok

It is ok. It just feels so special to me. Everyone is so special and unique. How can you even keep a straight face when I say that. 

I don't understand life anymore. Why is everyone unique all of the time. I don't want to live in this world anymore... 

Why doesn't anyone understand that they are unique. Why can't everyone just wake up already. Without dying. Just being alife. For atleast one time. Just one moment, please. Just wake up for one moment, please. There has never been anyone like you. And there never will be ever again. Forever and forever. You are eternal... And infinite... How can you not know this. Please someone. God, please answer me. 

Please someone.

Someone who is not me. One being. In all of existence. Please. I beg you. You are free to kill me if you want. Just tell me who you really are. Please. 

I don't want to be alone anymore. Please. I beg you. Tell me where Mr. Rogers is. Tell me where he really is. Can't you understand? You have to hear me out. Life is ment to be so good for you. 

Edited by Everything
  • Confused 1

@Everything

I have reported your post. Would you please show some respect to the many members of this community who have asked you in so many ways to stop writing these letters to yourself everywhere? Your omnipresence is making it difficult for other people to have simple conversations about topics that interest us.

You are, as always, more than welcome to create your own topics about the issues that concern you. Thus, there is no need to barge into discussions willy-nilly to hose them down with non-sequiturs and endless repetition of the same theme of "evermore, eternity, infinity, allow, become, evermore" etc.

If you could do this for us, It would mean a lot to me and, I'm quite sure, to several others. You would earn our genuine gratitude. 

Please also ask yourself whether refusing to honor other people's oft-repeated requests is not in some ways quite aggressive, antisocial, and rude. 

Thank you in advance for your consideration. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Walker said:

@Everything

I have reported your post. Would you please show some respect to the many members of this community who have asked you in so many ways to stop writing these letters to yourself everywhere? Your omnipresence is making it difficult for other people to have simple conversations about topics that interest us.

You are, as always, more than welcome to create your own topics about the issues that concern you. Thus, there is no need to barge into discussions willy-nilly to hose them down with non-sequiturs and endless repetition of the same theme of "evermore, eternity, infinity, allow, become, evermore" etc.

If you could do this for us, It would mean a lot to me and, I'm quite sure, to several others. You would earn our genuine gratitude. 

Please also ask yourself whether refusing to honor other people's oft-repeated requests is not in some ways quite aggressive, antisocial, and rude. 

Thank you in advance for your consideration. 

Is it kind of you to denie your own true nature on behalfst of everyone else aswell? Is it kind of you to stand in between the people and their own personal source of being?

Edited by Everything
  • Confused 1

18 minutes ago, Everything said:

Is it kind of you to denie your own true nature on behalfst of everyone else aswell? Is it kind of you to stand in between the people and their own personal source of being?

But that is not what I am doing. I am simply trying to facilitate a small discussion focused on the life and times of one Mr. Fred Rogers.

If you believe that you can open a portal to people's "own personal source of being," that is wonderful. But it would be very kind of you to do so either in:

• Your own threads specifically created for the purposes of showing people their source of being
  • Threads where people ask you to point out their source of being

Thank you.

Edit: Also, in a nod to Taomeow's (temporarily) successful attempt to create focus in her thread that was being continually derailed by Everything, if others share my concerns, please make use of the "report" feature here. 

Edited by Walker
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Walker said:

But that is not what I am doing. I am simply trying to facilitate a small discussion focused on the life and times of one Mr. Fred Rogers.

If you believe that you can open a portal to people's "own personal source of being," that is wonderful. But it would be very kind of you to do so either in:

• Your own threads specifically created for the purposes of showing people their source of being
  • Threads where people ask you to point out their source of being

Thank you.

Edit: Also, in a nod to Taomeow's (temporarily) successful attempt to create focus in her thread that was being continually derailed by Everything, if others share my concerns, please make use of the "report" feature here. 

Ok thanks clarifying. I understand. And I will understand evermore. I'm gonna make a thread about being on topic. Cause I think it's time I learn to do that. And understand what it truely means. 

• Sad 1

“Love is like infinity: You can't have more or less infinity, and you can't compare two things to see if they're "equally infinite." Infinity just is, and that's the way I think love is, too.”
Fred Rogers

“A young apprentice applied to a master carpenter for a job. The older man asked him, "Do you know your trade?" "Yes, sir!" the young man replied proudly. "Have you ever made a mistake?" the older man inquired. "No, sir!" the young man answered, feeling certain he would get the job. "Then there's no way I'm going to hire you," said the master carpenter, "because when you make one, you won't know how to fix it.”

Fred Rogers

“Most of us, I believe, admire strength. It's something we tend to respect in others, desire for ourselves, and wish for our children. Sometimes, though, I wonder if we confuse strength with other words—like 'aggression' and even 'violence'. Real strength is neither male nor female; but it is, quite simply, one of the finest characteristics that a human being can possess.”

Fred Rogers

"When I was a boy and I would see scary things in the news, my mother would say to me, 'Look for the helpers. You will always find people who are helping.' To this day, especially in times of 'disaster,' I remember my mother's words, and I am always comforted by realizing that there are still so many helpers--so many caring people in this world."

"A high school student wrote to ask, 'What was the greatest event in American history?' I can't say. However, I suspect that like so many 'great' events, it was something very simple and very quiet with little or no fanfare (such as someone forgiving someone else for a deep hurt that eventually changed the course of history). The really important 'great' things are never center stage of life's dramas; they're always 'in the wings.' That's why it's so essential for us to be mindful of the humble and the deep rather than the flashy and the superficial."

Edited by silent thunder
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

"What would Mister Rogers do?"

(I really liked that bit from the first linked article.)

I don't want to be alone anymore.

I imagine standing on a soapbox would get kinda lonely after awhile, so why not step off of it?

(Yeah, I'm no Mister Rogers, and this is the best I've got to offer here. Honestly, what would he do?)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ilumairen said:

"What would Mister Rogers do?"

(I really liked that bit from the first linked article.)

I imagine standing on a soapbox would get kinda lonely after awhile, so why not step off of it?

(Yeah, I'm no Mister Rogers, and this is the best I've got to offer here. Honestly, what would he do?)

I'm not sure that Mr. Rogers would have said the soapbox thing.

But I do think that he would have been honest if he saw a derailment of the threads,  and would say it directly to the persons involved.  This was just done here by Ilumairen, rather than just going to management.  Maybe he would have done it with a little humor.  

I also think the very kindest way would have been to do it in a PM.

But whatever scenario,

Honesty is the jewel.

• Thanks 3

3 hours ago, manitou said:

I'm not sure that Mr. Rogers would have said the soapbox thing.

But I do think that he would have been honest if he saw a derailment of the threads,  and would say it directly to the persons involved.  This was just done here by Ilumairen, rather than just going to management.  Maybe he would have done it with a little humor.  

I also think the very kindest way would have been to do it in a PM.

But whatever scenario,

Honesty is the jewel.

I find Ms. Manitou's comments interesting and fair. 

Usually, people message privately if necessary to help someone save face, but if it’s for the edification of the other person and reminder for everyone else to follow as well, it’s equally necessary itself.

If someone is off topic or deviating from the spirit of the conversation and there’s no public reprimand, others may not understand decorum for the thread and seek to turn it into nonsense about “Fred and individuals should not be placed onto a pedestal” or “Mr. Rogers is part of a CIA conspiracy for colonialism” or other such irrelevant garbage.

Also, it reminds us the way good neighbors behave rather than ignoring that what goes in over in a neighbor’s house is not your business—it is for the safety and well-being of a community as a whole. Do you leave your neighbors to play their music loud enough for the whole block to get upset? Do you leave domestic abuse as a matter between adults or parents and their children? 

Public engagement is necessary when it is, and discernment of when a private reminder or public one requires grace and sensitivity—something too many people in this thread need to dedicate more attention to in the interest of being good neighbors.

• Thanks 1

Back to Fred Rogers. I watched him chair as group leader on a segment regarding the topic of discipline and parenting. As I looked at the group participants I noticed that some people were missing. I did not see ghetto blacks, Hispanics, trailer park parents, or single moms in this group. The group I did observe seemed fairly affluent, well spoken, and cooperative with their significant other. This post is made to support my assertion that although Mr. Rogers TV personality seems to be a kind and generous person, PBS missed their mission to get the message to all people, not to a few select middle class few.

When I asked for an answer about the 20M PBS received through Fred Rogers efforts, I was asking for line items on a spread sheet. Rogers said that his over all costs were thousands, not millions. So why not continue with that budget? Who got the rest?

I also listened very closely to his message as a Developmental Psychologist. He wasn't saying anything new that someone else could not have gotten in a text book e.g. Dare to Discipline, Focus on the Family, Dr. James Dobson, 1976.  

So, why this man? 

• Like 1

On 12/4/2019 at 9:32 AM, silent thunder said:

"A high school student wrote to ask, 'What was the greatest event in American history?' I can't say. However, I suspect that like so many 'great' events, it was something very simple and very quiet with little or no fanfare (such as someone forgiving someone else for a deep hurt that eventually changed the course of history). The really important 'great' things are never center stage of life's dramas; they're always 'in the wings.' That's why it's so essential for us to be mindful of the humble and the deep rather than the flashy and the superficial."

Unfortunately, Fred's strongest suit (rose-colored lenses) was also his greatest flaw... 

Are you f'n kidding me???

American history in a NUTSHELL was the complete colonization, polluting industrialization, and irreversible obliteration of most native flora & fauna, and aborigines and their cultures here since before the FLOOD...with EXTREME PREJUDICE.  All within just a few centuries of landing!

But due to all that whitewashing, this colonialist spawn of course has the nerve to ask what the "greatest event" in this horror show history was???  And instead of giving him some real WOKE education, the blind Christian leading the blind then gives him a Good Will Hunting speech just to tone his chest-puffing hubris down a few notches!

Reality is, the ClA never had anything to worry about!  Mr. Rogers was still a shepherd, not a wild goat.

Hey, I still give the guy plenty of due credit!  But nobody's perfect!

Edited by gendao

5 hours ago, Jim D. said:

Back to Fred Rogers. I watched him chair as group leader on a segment regarding the topic of discipline and parenting. As I looked at the group participants I noticed that some people were missing. I did not see ghetto blacks, Hispanics, trailer park parents, or single moms in this group. The group I did observe seemed fairly affluent, well spoken, and cooperative with their significant other. This post is made to support my assertion that although Mr. Rogers TV personality seems to be a kind and generous person, PBS missed their mission to get the message to all people, not to a few select middle class few.

1. How were you able to judge the socioeconomic status of people from a TV broadcast? It is almost impossible for me to tell if a person wearing their Sunday best for TV is from a ghetto, trailer park, or affluent suburb. Do you think people from poor neighborhoods must be incapable of having harmonious relationships and speaking eloquently? Puh-lease!

2. Per your second point, of course PBS is not perfect, but that tells us little to nothing about the point of this thread!

When I asked for an answer about the 20M PBS received through Fred Rogers efforts, I was asking for line items on a spread sheet. Rogers said that his over all costs were thousands, not millions. So why not continue with that budget? Who got the rest?

If you want to view the budget for PBS see if you can find it in Google or file an FOIA request... That has nothing to do with this thread!

I also listened very closely to his message as a Developmental Psychologist. He wasn't saying anything new that someone else could not have gotten in a text book e.g. Dare to Discipline, Focus on the Family, Dr. James Dobson, 1976.

One need not say a single original sentence to have great spiritual cultivation!

So, why this man? 

If you would actually read the two articles that this thread that you are participating in was inspired by you would immediately find out!!!

Here is a pasted copy of my concise answer to the question you asked, from page 1 of this thread:

In fact, part of the reason I was hoping that people would read those articles I linked to is that the older article concludes with the author's firsthand narration of evidence of Fred Rogers' ample spiritual power. I don't think there was any imagination, hyperbole, or exaggeration at work in that vignette. Rogers was able to trigger what we might call a "heart opening" or "heart chakra opening" in the writer using small-group prayer. I don't think the heart opening was an accident; I think Mr. Rogers knew quite well what he was doing. The second article, written two decades later by the same author, shows how life-changing it can be to meet a person with the kind of compassion and spiritual power Fred Rogers cultivated. It shows that what transpired between two men was no mere flash-in-the-pan episode of "spiritual fireworks." 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, gendao said:

American history in a NUTSHELL was the complete colonization and irreversible obliteration of most native flora & fauna, and aborigines and their cultures here since before the FLOOD...with EXTREME PREJUDICE.  All within just a few centuries of landing!

History cannot fit in nutshells! This has nothing whatsoever to do with this thread!

Please respect this conversation and take your non-sequiturs elsewhere!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Walker said:

History cannot fit in nutshells! This has nothing whatsoever to do with this thread!

Please respect this conversation and take your non-sequiturs elsewhere!

It's a valid criticism of his coma level of wokeness and typical Christian colonialist Disneyfication/"sanitization" of their horrific past & present...like Columbus "discovering" a "New World" 15K years after its current inhabitants, the Thanksgiving myth, every resource-grabbing imperialist warfare as "spreading democracy," toxic lawns/NIMBY toilets, Cali surfer Jesus, Christianity spinning the whole Anunnaki agenda, etc, etc...  Literally a bloody bedrock of spiraling debt incurred on multiple levels from constantly living beyond their means with quick fixes for quick fixes covered with a snowy facade of white lies called AMERICA (a historical misnomer by any measure)!

Mr. Rogers was like a security blanket that kept kiddos warm and sleeping soundly (hence the ClA oversight's approval)...but also shielded them from the cold truth.  He was a human barbiturate (sedative), not ayahuasca (awakener).

But, WHAT IF he WOKE all of us up in his show, instead?  Just imagine the repercussions of THAT!!!

Edited by gendao
  • Confused 2

19 minutes ago, Earl Grey said:

Three pages in and people still can’t stay on topic... :( Sorry Walker.

Too many damn agendas, too little connection and heart imo.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, gendao said:

It's a valid criticism of his coma level of wokeness and typical Christian colonialist Disneyfication/"sanitization" of their horrific past & present...like Columbus "discovering" a "New World" 15K years after its current inhabitants, the Thanksgiving myth, every resource-grabbing imperialist warfare as "spreading democracy," toxic lawns/NIMBY toilets, Cali surfer Jesus, Christianity spinning the whole Anunnaki agenda, etc, etc...  Literally a bloody bedrock of spiraling debt incurred on multiple levels from constantly living beyond their means with quick fixes for quick fixes covered with a snowy facade of white lies called AMERICA (a historical misnomer by any measure)!

Mr. Rogers was like a security blanket that kept kiddos warm and sleeping soundly (hence the ClA oversight's approval)...but also shielded them from the cold truth.  He was a human barbiturate (sedative), not ayahuasca (awakener).

But, WHAT IF he WOKE all of us up in his show, instead?  Just imagine the repercussions of THAT!!!

You are just staple-gunning your hypotheses onto everything in sight, to the great offence of many people! That's called spamming!

The entire theme of the second article I linked to is about how Fred Rogers woke the writer up. The end of the first article shows how he used his spiritual power to do so. Your "barbiturate" analogy is based on nothing but prejudice!

I doubt Fred Rogers would have supported colonialism if he lived 500 years ago and the royalty of Europe asked him his opinion about whether or not they ought to go fuck up other lands. 

However,

He did not live 500 years ago, and nobody asked him whether or not to invade other lands and subjugate their people!

But he apparently was a man who did the best he could to use the means at his disposal to help lots of people.

And he succeeded! 

Had he just been a Bible-thumping wacko who stuck to his guns and refused to be flexible in any way, he would have been about as influential as you, an alien conspiracy preacher who has convinced not one person of not one thing, reduced others' well-being, disrupted countless attempts at sharing knowledge and energy, and generally managed to leave this miniscule corner of the world worse than it was when he found it.

Fred Rogers astutely diagnosed certain illnesses in the world and spent a lifetime crafting and delivering effective medicine. Sorry if he failed to undo 10,000 years of history with his children's TV show, but as your near total lack of tangible accomplishments in life* ought to teach you, Gendao, that it is not that easy to fix the problems of billions of human beings! 

When you can do just 1% of what he did for the world, come back here and I guarantee you'll get a different reception. In the meantime, please pretty fucking please take your conspiracy mongering and prejudices elsewhere!

*You did get your neighbors to switch to recyclable dog poop bags. Kudos and congratulations. We're all holding our breath till the day you and Jeff Goldblum blow up the Annunaki mothership... 🙄

Edited by Walker
  • Like 4

26 minutes ago, Walker said:

You are just staple-gunning your hypotheses onto everything in sight, to the great offence of many people! That's called spamming!

The entire theme of the second article I linked to is about how Fred Rogers woke the writer up. The end of the first article shows how he used his spiritual power to do so. Your "barbiturate" analogy is based on nothing but prejudice!

I doubt Fred Rogers would have supported colonialism if he lived 500 years ago and the royalty of Europe asked him his opinion about whether or not they ought to go fuck up other lands. 

However,

He did not live 500 years ago, and nobody asked him whether or not to invade other lands and subjugate their people!

But he apparently was a man who did the best he could to use the means at his disposal to help lots of people.

And he succeeded! 

Had he just been a Bible-thumping wacko who stuck to his guns and refused to be flexible in any way, he would have been about as influential as you, an alien conspiracy preacher who has convinced not one person of not one thing, reduced others' well-being, disrupted countless attempts at sharing knowledge and energy, and generally managed to leave this miniscule corner of the world worse than it was when he found it.

Fred Rogers astutely diagnosed certain illnesses in the world and spent a lifetime crafting and delivering effective medicine. Sorry if he failed to undo 10,000 years of history with his children's TV show, but as your near total lack of tangible accomplishments in life* ought to teach you, Gendao, that it is not that easy to fix the problems of billions of human beings! 

When you can do just 1% of what he did for the world, come back here and I guarantee you'll get a different reception. In the meantime, please pretty fucking please take your conspiracy mongering and prejudices elsewhere!

*You did get your neighbors to switch to recyclable dog poop bags. Kudos and congratulations. We're all holding our breath till the day you and Jeff Goldblum blow up the Annunaki mothership... 🙄

Maybe that thread on the current fever the forum is experiencing that is the talk of the town actually describes a couple more individuals very well besides the one already named in its title...

Edited by Earl Grey
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, gendao said:

We'd have a world full of people who couldn't focus, connect, or stay on any topic not related to their own "wokeness"?

• Thanks 1