2 hours ago, Walker said:

Pfffffft lolol

I can't believe that pompous maniac just devoted 5000 words to explaining in extraordinary detail how and why he is here to troll the thread...

And yet at the same time actually believes he is not here to troll the thread.

Anatomy of a Trump fan, eh...

2 hours ago, ilumairen said:

There was no secret, and I wish you well - may you find what you need.

I know plenty of people with the same issues of experiencing abuse (if not more, and quite a lot more too), but they also have enough self-awareness to know how not to be a pompous and self-important oblivious jerk, because they have something called empathy, which Jimmy here lacks.

It is the Bible Band-Aid, not actual empathy and service.

All the credential fronting reminds me of this:

Edited by Earl Grey

Jim, besides being a bonafide sucka you are also behaving this way publically and in fully traceable format.

You should consider that when you claim ideation of hitting your co-sparring partners here with your supposed arrows. Threat-display is often a way to communicate impending fight or flight, especially in a territorial setting where you are leader which is what you continously frame your interactions as.

It is curious how you consider this entertaining. I aint buying the posturing, condescension or the glib use of superficial markers of status. There is more to this because ironically, to describe it crudely, there is less of you at work here. What is that about Jim?

What drives this part of you? Undeniably you invest time and effort in this and from the degradation of structure in your writing i sense a building frustration or bordeom, perhaps masking a sublayer of anger.

Are you starting to feel like a pressure cooker?

I wonder what next in your acceleration.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Jim D. said:

I'm back kiddies. Missed you. Archery was fantastic. Thought of you as I hit the target. You know, you can shoot a lot of arrows in an hour and half. Say, have any of you participated in group therapy. I will tell you about Yalom's model. Look it up so you can follow along with me. First the group has to be homogenous, you know, all alike. It is good to have only 15 in a group. It is easy to manage, and everyone gets to participate. We start out with the group leader asking the group to come up with something they would like to talk about. Then the group leader asks who would like to go first. But before this happens, we set group rules e.g. no cross talking, no swearing, no high jacking the group, no infighting, no verbal abuse, and keep it on yourself. But you know what happens. There is a dynamic that occurs when a new person comes into the group (me). It upsets them. Yeah, someone in the group will challenge the group leader, and of course, the group leader has to reign them in and establish his authority and presence. Well you know, after a while the group gets use to the leadership of the group leader and they all settle down and act like the adults everyone expects to be. So far kiddies, your behaving in the manner I expected you to behave. I am different than you, and you want me to be like you so you feel comfortable and safe. Some of you kiddies are trying to be the group leader, but can't do it with finesse. I takes years of self examination to accomplish this. It would be a customary technique for me to ask someone in my past therapy groups to take the chair for the evening. But I cannot do that yet, because no one has proven themselves capable of that yet, but "it's a commin." I think that Mr. Grey has potential. In between the lines of anger, there have been glimpses of him and his issues. Mr. Walker has potential if he can only learn to ask for what he wants without being passive aggressive. But he has to learn to keep it on himself and not blame the group leader for the feelings that bubble up. For example, why is the Jim D. pissing me off so much. Mr. Rocky is new to the group. It is obvious he needs to establish himself through his acting out and adolescent behavior.  Our group community will need to work with Mr. Rocky on his lack of communication skills. Some of the words he has used, not chosen to use, is probably the way he communicates out in the world. Your see, a man's real self comes out when he feels safe behind a key board. He seems to hate himself for some reason. But if he can stop acting out and act spiritually he will progress nicely.

The people I helped were people in the System e.g. Juvie, D.U.I. , Domestic Violence Perpetrators, County Jail, TASK, DCFS, Parolees, Drug Addicts, Alcoholics...Now, do you kiddies really want to behave like the above, or do you want to work on yourselves and show us what you got, what you don't like about yourself, and what you want to change. Or are you happy with the way you communicate, and at the level you communicate which is adolescent or pre-adolescent...when you challenged your parent's authority. 

You know, Mr. Sean told me that the Bums were a weird bunch. Amen to that! But it is doable if you follow the rules of conduct. They're there for a reason. And that is to keep the chaos agents down and manageable. I guess we all need to read that memo again. 

P.S. Do you really think that you are going to be able to get over on me. I have got all the time in the world, and the experience to handle it. Your attempt to piss me off, or weigh me down is silly. You can't beat a powerful man who believes in himself. Like I told a Methadone client in Methadone clinic filled with retired or broken down gang bangers...a client who challenged me in a room that was closed and I was in the interior...the only white guy other than a white client...do you really want to go there???You see, you can beat me down to a grease spot, but you can't beat the right out of me.  

O.K. That's it for now. Going to watch a Netflix movie. Again, it has been entertaining as always. Thanks for helping me keep what I give away. And remember, Jesus is really all right with me!!! Or Buddha, or Shinto, or Hara Christina, George Harrison, Bad Finger...

Disclaimer: Anything said above is not an attempt to circumvent the rules about psychiatry, diagnosis, or treatment. Those that want to participate in a Mr. Rogers experience can at their own will. Examples given of my past experiences as a group leader were given as a matter of addressing unprofessional conduct of respondents that were less than polite, and down right rude and ignorant. Or should I say, "ignant!"

Your truly forever and forever...

Why don't you tell us about your obvious prior experience on being a prominent member of the national team of mentally retarted people?  How many medals have you won on the special olympics?

Edited by Zork
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Zork said:

Why don't you tell us about your obvious prior experience on being a prominent member of the national team of mentally retarted people?  How many medals have you won on the special olympics?

You are unconditionally worthy evermore. Jim D. aswell. And everyone and everything is an inseperable extension of the infinitely and eternally ever expanding Dao.

If you look for that worthiness where it is not, you deprive yourself of your own evermore greater allowed realisation of it, as it is all being and becoming evermore unconditionally evermore effortlessly and joyously here and now, through the source of all of your conditions.

So look for it where it already is. And you will allow yourself to find it ongoingly evermore effortlessly and joyously here and now. As Dao resides within your very heart, soul and being. Coming to evermore greater allowed realisation of all that all is being and becoming evermore here and now. Effortlessly, naturally. Joyfully. Truely. Vividly, lucidly. 

• Thanks 2

I will leave when I can hear your silence.

I will leave when the crows stop pecking eyes

I will leave when humans decide to be gentle

I will leave when humans decide to listen

I will leave when humans stop acting like junk yard dogs

I will leave when boys become men

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Everything said:

You are unconditionally worthy evermore. Jim D. aswell.

Highly relevant. I keep not understanding why Jim is so steadfast in that this i truth applies only partially to a group he is an equal and invested member of.

There is so much going on in his style of writing, the sort-of-hidden-but-not-really wish to be treated and respected as an equal while simultaneously refusing to acknowledge anyone informing him of their boundaries.

Yet he claims he’s a successful therapist with so many notches in his belt he has to wear more than one. Odd right?

Jim, you mention sexual abuse and long self observation, working on your psyche and building your strenght, but have you actually given yourself the opportunity to reflect and accept the original victimization? Have you given yourself opportunity to heal wounds truly and not just covering them?

How are you doing? Lonely? Afraid? It’s not irony in my words, Everything triggered something that edges close to concern for you, honestly.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Rocky Lionmouth said:

Highly relevant. I keep not understanding why Jim is so steadfast in that this i truth applies only partially to a group he is an equal and invested member of.

There is so much going on in his style of writing, the sort-of-hidden-but-not-really wish to be treated and respected as an equal while simultaneously refusing to acknowledge anyone informing him of their boundaries.

Yet he claims he’s a successful therapist with so many notches in his belt he has to wear more than one. Odd right?

The persona is accomplished, and trying to assert personal value, while interacting with people who wished to focus on the heart/mind integration of another. Since the persona is intellectualized and intellectually focused (not heart/mind integrated), this is a vague threat which the persona/ego must fight - for it's own survival. 

What else would someone whose credentials have defined them do when they find themselves in a place where these (personally) highly valued credentials are viewed as meaningless?

Would they be able to just hang as equals? Or would they keep attempting to assert themselves and use this cred as a sort of armor?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jim D. said:

I will leave when I can hear your silence.

I will leave when the crows stop pecking eyes

I will leave when humans decide to be gentle

I will leave when humans decide to listen

I will leave when humans stop acting like junk yard dogs

I will leave when boys become men

The only problem with this,  as I see it, is that it separates the observer from the observed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, manitou said:

The only problem with this,  as I see it, is that it separates the observer from the observed.

I actually liked the crows pecking at eyes bit, as it reminded me of the Book of the Law, and the Aeon of Horus, and helped me find a further paradigm for understanding. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, ilumairen said:

What else would someone whose credentials have defined them do when they find themselves in a place where these (personally) highly valued credentials are viewed as meaningless?

Would they be able to just hang as equals? Or would they keep attempting to assert themselves and use this cred as a sort of armor?

Having left academia and finding it to often be a group of smug and entitled individuals whose value and self-worth are defined only by the initials after their name, I can say it's basically penis comparison. 

"You have a BA? I have an MA! You have an MBA? I have a PhD! My school is ranked higher than yours! My department is more world renown! My school has produced more individuals who have done more for the world! My school has more Nobel Prize winners!" and so on. 

I once rode the train from Queens to Manhattan and a woman refused to stand up for a visibly disabled guy, and when asked by an officer of the law, she said she had more entitlement to sit down because she had a master's degree. I'm serious. 

Take away someone's Harvard degree, and if they don't have anything else to show, then this is what titles, degrees, and all that amount to: a license to be smug and rub it in someone's face like a post-pubescent adolescent wants everyone to see, forcing it down their throats as though it makes a difference and hoping they'll swallow it. 

While I do respect people who have institutional accomplishments, there is a distinct marker of prestige that is not shown in the initials after their name and their alma matter, but in what they do with it and what they use with what's been given to them--often in spite of their institution.

Does this mean I support people going against the flow like those nuts who include Sitchin and the Silicon Valley feudal barons? No, it means that there are actual intellectuals who adopt the Platonic ideal of remembering knowledge is power and understanding it means restraint--none of this "I know this truth and you are too blind to see" tomfoolery, who serve to challenge and question by living, not by arguing, because the smugness of certificates and initials after someone's name or a full CV only intimidates and separates the common man from being part of the Great Dialogue of Learning. And the people who should be talking about it aren't just those with the privilege of affording a higher learning, it should be everyone, lest we remain ignorant and content, which is why plumbers and mechanics can all engage in reading and engaging in dialogue through something like The Great Conversation, and include even some Eastern texts as the original syllabus is almost all western

So if a guy keeps flaunting his credentials but demonstrates no skill, what do those initials mean, anyway? And if someone has amazing intellect, reasoning, and capability, but lacks initials, who is to say who has the superior heuristics? Some of my college classmates who had better grades can't talk about anything but NetFlix, but when the topic turns to the great philosophers, they are as lost as someone who has never read them--and disinterested. 

In other words--people spend too much time flaunting their degrees and their prestige but never actually applying what they've learned--if they've even learned it as opposed to just chasing a title and initials after their name. 

Edited by Earl Grey
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, ilumairen said:

I actually liked the crows pecking at eyes bit, as it reminded me of the Book of the Law, and the Aeon of Horus, and helped me find a further paradigm for understanding. 

Certainly feels like one's eyes are pecked out due to the insidiousness of what he's been saying to everyone. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Earl Grey said:

Certainly feels like one's eyes are pecked out due to the insidiousness of what he's been saying to everyone. 

Insidious implies harm is done, and as far as I can tell, while he certainly played part in the derailment of this thread, he's actually quite incapable of harming any of his fellow posters here.

Regarding the eyes pecked out bit, in Crowley's notes it had to do with holding the wrong view. (The notes are fascinating BTW)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ilumairen said:

Insidious implies harm is done, and as far as I can tell, while he certainly played part in the derailment of this thread

In the vein of Ignatius J. Reilly, he has harmed all that is in good taste and sophistication.

In the spirit of Mary Poppins, he has harmed the minds of good boys and girls with his patronization. 

In the spirit of Strunk and White, he has harmed the ghost of the English language with his atrocious grammar, punctuation, rhetoric, and spelling.

• Haha 1

He recently did promise with quite some repetition and emphasis that he will leave at some point, to me thats quite refreshing since he previously seemed quite adamant in starting a guerilla inspired non-consenting group therapy program.

Where there is willingness to accept the mutability and impermanence of things it is possible to see a light in the darkness.

Edited by Rocky Lionmouth
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Zork said:

Waitamute! Oi! Zork, i get the gist and intention but stop insulting functionally varied people and their achievements by comparing them to Jim who, without intended offence to Jim, can only dream of qualifying for membership in such an illustrious fellowship. 

Edited by Rocky Lionmouth
100% without irony, dead serious.
  • Haha 1

Trying to read through this topic has caused me to enter a dissociative fugue state. I literally have no idea what is going on here and I'm locking for my own mental health.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 3