30 minutes ago, liminal_luke said:

I do the same thing sometimes -- write out something I think is funny and then scrap it for being in bad taste or potentially offensive or just too much in one way or another.  (If that´s what you mean?)  On the other hand, what´s a little ribbing among friends?  I´ve got the feeling Earl Grey can take whatever we might throw at him and throw it back in style.

I think it was intentional on his part. He surely is clever like that.. 

Btw I don't know if it's the same, and don't know how much experience you have with being demonized for what's in somebody else's head, and how amazingly confusing it can be. 

• Like 3

Well, Ms. Ilu, the thumb doesn't point forward either. You still have three pointing back at you...and the point is. Sweep your own side of the street before you tell someone else to sweep theirs. How about this, "don't spit in the wind." Try that and see if it works :) Or, don't take my Inventory if you haven't taken yours. Or KISS, "Keep it simple stupid" Or if you or your significant are worrying about what going to happen tomorrow just ask the question, "What day are we in." Or, if you or your SO are living in the Past and/or the Future "you're pissing on today."

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Jim D. said:

The only reason I came back after a 4 year break is that I got bored and needed to fill up my time intellectually.

There are people here I like and have come to consider friends, and I love the connections and interactions - especially when they provide me with something I find interesting enough to personally or intellectually explore.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, ilumairen said:

I think it was intentional on his part. He surely is clever like that.. 

Btw I don't know if it's the same, and don't know how much experience you have with being demonized for what's in somebody else's head, and how amazingly confusing it can be. 

I felt I was possessed twice in my life when actually I was profoundly depressed. There is a lot of darkness and sometimes grey, but mostly darkness, dread, demoralization, lack of hope, lethargy (see Beck's Inventory on the Internet. Take it, it is an eye opener on how much we tolerate and get use to when it comes to depression). Depression is usually anger turned inward. Other kinds of depression are exogenous, situational. Most are chemical imbalance. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Jim D. said:

Well, Ms. Ilu, the thumb doesn't point forward either. You still have three pointing back at you...and the point is. Sweep your own side of the street before you tell someone else to sweep theirs. How about this, "don't spit in the wind." Try that and see if it works :) Or, don't take my Inventory if you haven't taken yours. Or KISS, "Keep it simple stupid" Or if you or your significant are worrying about what going to happen tomorrow just ask the question, "What day are we in." Or, if you or your SO are living in the Past and/or the Future "you're pissing on today."

:lol:  Oi Vey 

You silly man.. you're still looking past me.. 

Have fun pretending you've won what isn't a contest. I bow to your verbiage and relentlessness in the face of curiosity and humor. 

I'll award you five points and a gold star. It's time for me to wander for a bit.. catch up with whatever you feel like throwing out there later. Till then, stay presumptuous. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ilumairen said:

Most of the arguments on here are like that, I think.  People get an idea of who I am, often a mistaken and negative idea, and just run with it.  I´d like to be the kind of person who effortlessly disengages from the conversation when it´s clear nothing good will come of it.  That´s hard to do though, at least for me.

• Like 2

On 2019-12-06 at 8:34 PM, Jim D. said:

I was part of the "Counter Culture" as well. "the Man" was not a friend of mine.

This made me snort-laugh so hard i spat on my screen!

It’s one thing when a certain type of dudes start to high-post and throw up degrees and credentials like some sort of gang signs, but i’ve never seen a bonafide sucka try to play this.

How do i know you’re a bonafide sucka?

Because you just spent multiple posts over pages (plural!!) reinforcing your brand as a petty, insecure, whiny dick my son, thats how.

You trash and poorly bait highly esteemable people who indulge you like you would someone elses noisy puppy on the train.

Meanwhile going about thoroughly playing yourself in a completely public setting and trying to be all suave and coy. 

Edited by Rocky Lionmouth
I hope you can see it as a learning opportunity!
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, ilumairen said:

Oh my stars!!!! 

:lol:

7 hours ago, liminal_luke said:

Yeah, I noticed the section of Earl Grey´s post that you quoted too.  I wanted to quote it as well with some sort of witty commentary but your post, ilumairen, sums up my sentiments exactly.  Consider your "oh my stars!" seconded.

Go right ahead—this was deliberate on my part because what you are thinking is exactly what I meant!

1 minute ago, Earl Grey said:

Go right ahead—this was deliberate on my part because what you are thinking is exactly what I meant!

I wasn´t thinking anything except WOW.  Perhaps you were being dramatic for effect, but I read you as meaning exactly what you said.  Other people think/feel that way too -- not many say so in such a straightforward, bold way.

• Haha 2

27 minutes ago, liminal_luke said:

I wasn´t thinking anything except WOW.  Perhaps you were being dramatic for effect, but I read you as meaning exactly what you said.  Other people think/feel that way too -- not many say so in such a straightforward, bold way.

I've accepted my role in the food chain and the universe--so like Wreck-it-Ralph, I made peace with that and I'm good with it. ;)

• Like 2

On 12/3/2019 at 10:46 PM, Everything said:

Someone who is not me. One being. In all of existence. Please. I beg you. You are free to kill me if you want. Just tell me who you really are. Please. 

I am you, my friend.   Merged with you, yet with different conditioning.

I'm back kiddies. Missed you. Archery was fantastic. Thought of you as I hit the target. You know, you can shoot a lot of arrows in an hour and half. Say, have any of you participated in group therapy. I will tell you about Yalom's model. Look it up so you can follow along with me. First the group has to be homogenous, you know, all alike. It is good to have only 15 in a group. It is easy to manage, and everyone gets to participate. We start out with the group leader asking the group to come up with something they would like to talk about. Then the group leader asks who would like to go first. But before this happens, we set group rules e.g. no cross talking, no swearing, no high jacking the group, no infighting, no verbal abuse, and keep it on yourself. But you know what happens. There is a dynamic that occurs when a new person comes into the group (me). It upsets them. Yeah, someone in the group will challenge the group leader, and of course, the group leader has to reign them in and establish his authority and presence. Well you know, after a while the group gets use to the leadership of the group leader and they all settle down and act like the adults everyone expects to be. So far kiddies, your behaving in the manner I expected you to behave. I am different than you, and you want me to be like you so you feel comfortable and safe. Some of you kiddies are trying to be the group leader, but can't do it with finesse. I takes years of self examination to accomplish this. It would be a customary technique for me to ask someone in my past therapy groups to take the chair for the evening. But I cannot do that yet, because no one has proven themselves capable of that yet, but "it's a commin." I think that Mr. Grey has potential. In between the lines of anger, there have been glimpses of him and his issues. Mr. Walker has potential if he can only learn to ask for what he wants without being passive aggressive. But he has to learn to keep it on himself and not blame the group leader for the feelings that bubble up. For example, why is the Jim D. pissing me off so much. Mr. Rocky is new to the group. It is obvious he needs to establish himself through his acting out and adolescent behavior.  Our group community will need to work with Mr. Rocky on his lack of communication skills. Some of the words he has used, not chosen to use, is probably the way he communicates out in the world. Your see, a man's real self comes out when he feels safe behind a key board. He seems to hate himself for some reason. But if he can stop acting out and act spiritually he will progress nicely.

The people I helped were people in the System e.g. Juvie, D.U.I. , Domestic Violence Perpetrators, County Jail, TASK, DCFS, Parolees, Drug Addicts, Alcoholics...Now, do you kiddies really want to behave like the above, or do you want to work on yourselves and show us what you got, what you don't like about yourself, and what you want to change. Or are you happy with the way you communicate, and at the level you communicate which is adolescent or pre-adolescent...when you challenged your parent's authority. 

You know, Mr. Sean told me that the Bums were a weird bunch. Amen to that! But it is doable if you follow the rules of conduct. They're there for a reason. And that is to keep the chaos agents down and manageable. I guess we all need to read that memo again. 

P.S. Do you really think that you are going to be able to get over on me. I have got all the time in the world, and the experience to handle it. Your attempt to piss me off, or weigh me down is silly. You can't beat a powerful man who believes in himself. Like I told a Methadone client in Methadone clinic filled with retired or broken down gang bangers...a client who challenged me in a room that was closed and I was in the interior...the only white guy other than a white client...do you really want to go there???You see, you can beat me down to a grease spot, but you can't beat the right out of me.  

O.K. That's it for now. Going to watch a Netflix movie. Again, it has been entertaining as always. Thanks for helping me keep what I give away. And remember, Jesus is really all right with me!!! Or Buddha, or Shinto, or Hara Christina, George Harrison, Bad Finger...

Disclaimer: Anything said above is not an attempt to circumvent the rules about psychiatry, diagnosis, or treatment. Those that want to participate in a Mr. Rogers experience can at their own will. Examples given of my past experiences as a group leader were given as a matter of addressing unprofessional conduct of respondents that were less than polite, and down right rude and ignorant. Or should I say, "ignant!"

Your truly forever and forever...

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

I mean this with all kindness.

The past several pages of inflamed egos on this thread only serve to indicate the degree to which those egos need to be whittled down.  Really, stuff like this can be a true guidepost for inner development.

I'll butt out.  Love you guys....

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Jim D. said:

Oh yes you do Mr. Grey. I am retired and have all day waiting for you to entertain me. Were you the one that tempted Christ and thought you would get away with it? 

I love Alfalfa in the young rascals. Now you are dating yourself. :) 

Gee, you're right! I'm old enough to have Jesus in my yearbook! I still have his beeper number!

5dec6949ce19f_jesusisfingmetal.jpg.b29792290c411d4eaff8bad907727217.jpg

And I'm old enough to remember when DC Talk were rappers, not rockers. :o

Relate to the hooded person with the hideous child...

south-park-s01e07c10-candy-master-16x9.jpg.fe991c8a0556d584023739724219996e.jpg

You relate me to the hooded one? And you are the hideous child? 

The only reason Judas did not make it because he did not make his amends to Jesus

With voluptuous vixens like this, who would blame him?

Then look at Peter who did take responsibility for his actions and repented. He was around for quite a while until he was crucified upside down

Guilt-tripping only works on those who feel guilt. Above example demonstrates this.

Did you know that Luke was skinned alive because he was then them. 

5dec6b9590c7c_holywood.thumb.jpg.ab2fba07b02ed68fba789df00145e741.jpg

"He was then them"? Your marks for English were likely "A" for "Atrocious"!

If you are the same person that started up the new thread "to accommodate me,"

Nope, I started the thread to accommodate myself and the people interested in the topic of Mr. Rogers--something you don't want to talk about. 

you mention your inability to control your anger.

No, I said I am a tsundere, because I own my anger and quirks, you cheeky bastard. And for someone who praises Trump, it's a bit odd that you see a guy who uses anger as power but poo-poos my own anger, then misses the point that I don't see anger as power. 

Go watch the movie Inside Out with Bill Hader and Mindy Khaling, but for your age, probably Lewis Black and Phyllis Smith would be more appropriate draws for your attention span. 

I think that you also mentioned your upbringing as being dysfunctional e.g. physical and emotional abuse. Now Mr. Grey we are starting to get somewhere!!!

I own this too. Taking it away is like taking away the river from Huckleberry Finn and still saying it's the same story, message, and person for him and Jim (see what I did there?).

Your use of "chap" which tells me that you are probably a resident of England. 

Yes, keep telling yourself that you know my  place of residence and age given that everyone else here can infer where I am from both from context and a wonderful little detail called the sidebar profile.

...Everyone knows that I'm from Mars, hockey hoser.

Them there varmints ain't got nothin' but eyebrows-a-raisin as they piddle in their drawers seeing how Mr. Grey has a nice little abode that has a nicer commode than your own domestic load. Doggum it, it's a fire in here! Quick! Someone run to Walgreens and buy me a bottle of Canoe! I need the spray so that the air is sweeter than candy on a stick!

No one forces you to read my stuff.

But we are forcing you to stay on topic or go start your own discussion elsewhere, which you have disrespected continuously after multiple requests. No one forces you to flush the toilet, either, but it's just decorum, crikey. 

I have to think that there is a part of you that is attracted to me, as a person

I have enough Y-chromosomes for myself and don't need yours, Jim.

But if you were actually one of these lovely ladies here, then please: take my number!

chun-li-vs-mai-shiranui.thumb.jpeg.790a86ac22cc5685958683e652896517.jpeg

You just can't let it go.

Were you able to let go your need to dominate this thread with your agenda and throw away the OP?

I don't want to let it go because the more I give it away the more I keep

You admit that you can't let go of something that's not yours?!

I don't mind service work. It's a good thing. 

The best service you could have done is create a new thread instead of colonizing this one, Jimmy. 

And I do a lot of service work too--something that has been mentioned a number of times, ho-hum...

How is it you are reluctant to look at yourself through Mr. Rogers eyes? What are you avoiding?

Based on the alarming amount of your assessments of others being laughably wrong (not just for me and to me, mind you), I think the way you think Mr. Rogers would look at me is quite different from how I would imagine he were to look at me. You remind me of the parents who think that their daughter is a little angel with all her good grades and focus on college and were so certain of themselves that they had no idea what we did on their kitchen table when they were out for the weekend, at her own suggestion, mind you. 

They were Christian, too, and some of the words that came out of her mouth made us laugh as we said that the best thing about being one with Christ is knowing that you don't need to ask for forgiveness! 

...That's not mayonnaise on the table, by the way...

The phrase "if your getting kick in the pants, then you're still in front" is funny but it says a lot. 

You didn't even bother to correct your laundry list of grammar, punctuation, and spelling errors here, so I am not even going to reply.

Your ability to pass the courses I taught would be another e.g. Sociology, Criminology, Philosophy, Introduction to Psychology, Marriage and Family, Ecology, Abnormal Psychology etc. Which one would have been the one you would have chosen to improve your life skills and future?

https://www.motherjones.com/crime-justice/2019/11/prison-libraries-book-bans-california-sacramento-reading-rehabilitation/

What are you really interested in Mr. Grey?

Two things: 1) you leaving, 2) staying on topic! :D

And finally, although I don't think this is an "Adios" for both of us, your reference to my "authority" probably came from Mr. Walker, an associate of yours who was "off putted" by my subtle reference to my credentialing.

No, no, no, señor! No es 'adios' es 'hijo de puta'!

Your authoritah? 

respectcartman.jpg.6dc4e38f353aabfdddeaf90f0bd0f86b.jpg

No, Walker seems to have been off-put by your dogmatic invasion of this thread and derailment. And the authoritah invested in you to have the right to do so. 

So, to not keep him guessing and feeling bothered I shared my courage, strength and hope with him.

Give me the courage to deal with Jimmy, the strength to stomp on his feet, and the hope that he will get the point and leave. 

I sent him a brief resume' of my accomplishments. Sorry Mr. Walker, I left off that I am a writer, artist, and poet to boot. 

You forgot that you're an asshole. A professional one, too, because you're so good at it that it's a surprise no one has recognized you as "Employee Asshole of the Week". 

Last thought, no one will listen to you if you don't have anything to back it up

Shall I remind you of hornets and your Trump thread? Let's go here then: 

Please stop all of this "insanity." You have proven my point about Emotions over Intellect = Insanity. Please stop! I am sorry I started this topic. I want to go back and rethink it, and not post my personal feelings and views of a person I admire as not afraid to stand up and fight back. Is he a little crazy, I think so.  It was all about my history of being bullied and not having the courage to stand up for myself. I wanted attention brought to me because I was bored. This attempt at entertaining myself was brief and very negative...not worth it if others are going to act out until they are not bored anymore. It is out of hand. I feel a lot of negativity and it is not good for me or anyone. It is becoming very dark in here. So, open up the box and let some light in. In a 100 years, what difference will it make. 

Adult-Tantrum.jpg.fa4334a701433ae059e02fb86e1d4415.jpg

Mr. Rogers knew that as well as PBS. I am still looking for that line item and the appropriation of funds form the 20M Senate Grant.

Again: this topic was on the spirituality of Mr. Rogers, your allegation should be another topic, on the conspiracies about Mr. Rogers. 

Or, perhaps this is more appropriate to draw parallel to your hijinks at 02:29: 

Rev: "Ah, you're here for coping with senility?"

Jasper: "No! I'm here for microwave cookery!" 

:beat:

Jasper: "No, wait--coping with senility."

I am going to archery now. Chao!!!

Jim D. MHS, LCPC

Jim D. XYZPDQ, PB4UGO2BED, LMAO, DOA, DUI

Edited by Earl Grey
  • Haha 1

And finally, although I don't think this is an "Adios" for both of us, your reference to my "authority" probably came from Mr. Walker, an associate of yours who was "off putted" by my subtle reference to my credentialing. So, to not keep him guessing and feeling bothered I shared my courage, strength and hope with him.  I sent him a brief resume' of my accomplishments. Sorry Mr. Walker, I left off that I am a writer, artist, and poet to boot. 

Psst.. the "off putting" comment came from me, and a list of your cred arrived in my PM box. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

52 minutes ago, ilumairen said:

Psst.. the "off putting" comment came from me, and a list of your cred arrived in my PM box. 

Ms. Ilu, I am glad you received my credentials. It is a good thing. 

My brief resume': Not bad for a guy that grew up in a tough neighborhood, lived above a tavern, and a smorgasbord of mental health concerns to include being sexually abused.

Thanks for stepping up and taking responsibility for the secrete that you held, while I blamed someone else. I owe Mr. Walker an amends.  

1 hour ago, manitou said:

I mean this with all kindness.

The past several pages of inflamed egos on this thread only serve to indicate the degree to which those egos need to be whittled down.  Really, stuff like this can be a true guidepost for inner development.

I'll butt out.  Love you guys....

Would you like me to send you my brief resume'? You are a gentle woman. Someone this bunch could role model. :) 

Pfffffft lolol

I can't believe that pompous maniac just devoted 5000 words to explaining in extraordinary detail how and why he is here to troll the thread...

And yet at the same time actually believes he is not here to troll the thread.

Anatomy of a Trump fan, eh...

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Jim D. said:

My brief resume': Not bad for a guy that grew up in a tough neighborhood, lived above a tavern, and a smorgasbord of mental health concerns to include being sexually abused.

Thanks for stepping up and taking responsibility for the secrete that you held, while I blamed someone else. I owe Mr. Walker an amends.  

There was no secret, and I wish you well - may you find what you need.

• Thanks 1