Below was the original post. Please don't read it. Jim D and Gendao didn't, and they won anyway.

Final score:

Jim D has lots of credentials and is frustrated because nobody delivered him a line item budget for PBS, might be in wrong thread, smells kind of poopy (don't worry, he won't be offended that I wrote that, as he explained he has lots of credentials and OPs are superfluous). Now where's my line item budget?

Gendao uses cia-controlled internet to do Google Image Search, subverts CIA, saves all indigenous people of world, destroy Annunaki, and drink fourth Mountain Dew of his day in ONE FELL SWOOP!

BONUS POINT: Vonkrankenhaus is a CIA agent... Learn more by reading on!

Congrats, guys, you're WINNERS!

As I'm sure is the case with lots of people here who grew up in the States, I grew up with Mr. Rogers as a big part of my early years TV diet. Like lots of people, I always looked back on him fondly as a part of the milieu of toddler-to-nine-year-old innocence and wonder, but beyond that I never gave the man an awful lot of thought--he simply occupied the same part of my memory banks as Big Bird, Elmo, and Lavar Burton--midday PBS magic.

Then yesterday I read this article.

And today I read this one.

They're both long, but Tom Junod has the gift of gab and keeps the stories flowing. To anybody with a bit of time on their hands, I think they're very worthwhile reading. I don't suggest we try to emulate Mr. Rogers' outward manifestation (shit, I don't know that I could for more than ten minutes if I tried), but his unwavering commitment, his discipline, his ability to influence others, his boddhisattva's compassion, his dauntless contentedness just being his own weird self, his gentleness, and his power (evidenced more than once in these articles, and most palpably so both in the brief closing of the Esquire article as well as the writers' reflections twenty years later in the Atlantic piece) are inspiring. What a life, and what a surprisingly uplifting thing to read in a day when 9 times out of 10 it's better to know less about celebrities, not more!

Edited by Walker
#MAGA
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3

Although at times I looked upon Mr. Rogers as an ideal father figure, but the one I had was the one I knew. I depended on my dad in ways that I could not understand completely. He was just there. Today I prefer to remember him as doing the best he could do with what he had. 

There are moments when I could tell him about my gratitude for him, and the sacrifices he made so that I could be fed, clothed, sheltered. 

I would have taken the time to hear his story. 

That is all a dad needs to hear. 

• Like 1

On 16-11-2019 at 5:55 PM, Jim D. said:

Although at times I looked upon Mr. Rogers as an ideal father figure, but the one I had was the one I knew. I depended on my dad in ways that I could not understand completely. He was just there. Today I prefer to remember him as doing the best he could do with what he had. 

There are moments when I could tell him about my gratitude for him, and the sacrifices he made so that I could be fed, clothed, sheltered. 

I would have taken the time to hear his story. 

That is all a dad needs to hear. 

Same, my parents sacrifice a bit too much. And I wonder if that will ever be a necessary thing. It's hard to keep that up, because it is not natural. 

It's like wanting something you do not believe is possible. And so, when it is achieved, it becomes unworthy of the sacrifice. So now one seeks to sacrifice for evermore greater things. It turns into ongoing self sacrifice. Like a chain of pain. That keeps growing. And humans are so self sacrificial. In so many ways. 

It reminds me of the story of creation as human innocence sacrifices their own nature towards the unnatural. Out of innocence. As the source of all evil is incomprehensible innocence. 

Like loving god so much, you decide to kill yourself and a bunch of other people aswell. It can be deemed as ignorant and arrogant. But in the end it is inconceivable innocence. 

We often praise God SOOOOO MUCH. That we actually begin to disconnect ourselves from the praise itself. As feeling unworthy of the praise. Like feeling as if God is praising themselves and you are unworthy. 

It's fake, because people lose touch with their own inner guidance of their own emotions. So they think they are praising, even tho they do not feel praise worthy. It's trying too hard. Trying too hard to appreciate, when you are not ready or not in the right place to be praising. 

So most people try to seek to change the conditions around them, to make it more conducive for them be one who feels the praise they are praising. But they forget that they are UNCONDITIONALLY loved and guided and supported extensions of that which they call God. So they feel they will die if they don't praise God. Or go to hell. 

But actually being afraid of fear itself is Hell. 

You lose touch with your own emotional guidance system. 

Which is all you need actually. 

And then when you pinch your own natural connection with your own soul, as felt through your emotional guidance system, you seek to DO things, to retrieve that connection, even whilest you are feeling fear, and thus actually not creating any relief or opening for the natural connection to flow again, because they don't realise that that fear is indicative of their inseperable connection and indicative of a lesser allowed connection. Not indicative of disconnection, it's just indicative of complete distortion. 

I don't know why humanity chose this path, but it seems the plan is greater than anything we could have imagined. As we humans forget alot. And the greater plan, is not even rehearsable. It is that great. I guess you have to forget, in order to experience a re-membrance. 

And if you become addicted to remembering, you will never allow yourself to become fully realised. That is why death is such a great thing for so many people. As they fully catch up again to all that they've truely become and are joyfully being and becoming evermore here and now. As the ultimate releasing of all resistance, or self contradictory energy. 

When there is no choice anymore, then all the rules are gone. And so everything is possible. As the ultimate freedom. And here we are. Again and again. Looking for death, or the ultimatum. Not knowing, we cannot die. As we are being and becoming evermore here and now. New life after new life, ever refreshing and renewing and replenishing. Ever self sustaining. Source of All Creation. 

Evermore free, from the bondage of the past. To simply be here and now, evermore reaching beyond what can be seen, to the true present furthest most expanded state of being and calling of Source. To our natural path of least resistance of joyful being and becoming. 

And so when will humans realise that nothing you see or have seen is actually presently what is truely here? It will always be and becoming evermore here and now. And the freshness and newness of that is what life is all about. It doesn't require a bomb, a storm, a quake, or an end or death. It just requires us to be present and listen and open minded. To what is truely being and becoming evermore here and now. And if lost, then forgotten is only the forgetfulness.

For reintegration of the total ever expanding soul is inevitable. Yet so much more easy when, when one allows themselves to enjoy themselves for who they simply already are. As our natural state of being is always already fully revolving around the natural path of least resistance that is of Dao or God or the Source of All Natural Being and Becoming evermore here and now. As the energy motional relief of all natural being and becoming through the natural path of least resistance. 

That we are even beyond the entire physical being. The Source of them and the Source of the moreness of its evermore being and becoming evermore here and now. 

Then who does not trust their own Source? Ignores their own natural energy motional felt guidance of their own natural emotional guidance system indicating and evermore re-referring them to their own natural truely joyful being and becoming evermore here and now. Effortlessly, accurately and always precisely and perfectly, waking the individual to all that they truely are being and becoming evermore here and now.

Surely they will meet themselves, and let go of defining the old forevermore. As even what is physically present, is old forevermore. Untill one finds their own natural path of least resistance of their own truely joyful being and becoming evermore effortlessly here and now. And remember all that they truely are, as the culmination of all that they've truely been, as the allowance of the realisation of all that they are truely being and becoming evermore effortlessly here and now. Evermore joyfully. Evermore naturally. Evermore reliefing and better feeling. As the natural alignment with the natural being and becoming of the natural ever expanding source of all creation. That is of all things being and becoming evermore here and now. Surely humbled are so many to their own greater truth. Not realising how arrogant, self contradictory, and self ignorant it is to think one of lesser than their very own soul. No greater harm exists. And yet, nothing more irrelevant. And unnecessary. 

To no longer think of that which was. But rather with all that all of that is right here and now. Being and becoming evermore  here and now. 

I cannot see it or taste it or touch it. But it is the life force than runs through us all. And it is eternal and infinite. It has been long before this physical universe was even born. And we are all of it. And it is wise. It is powerful and effortless. 

It does nothing, and leaves nothing undone. The grace of the almighty. Not human power, but ever expanding, also through our experience of it, through us, of itself. To expand evermore beyond what it has been. Into all that it is being and becoming evermore effortlessly, joyfully, truely, lucidly, clearly, wisely, unerringly, undeniably, irresistably, here and now. 

Edited by Everything
  • Like 2

I just saw the movie, and I found it absolutely fantastic.  In fact, I started a thread on this just a couple days ago - An Enlightened Movie.   Mr. Rogers can show us all how to do wei-wu-wei with beautiful silence, a smile, and kind eyes.  And just listening.

• Like 2

In my opinion, the sentimentality of religion is a trap. Through the years of indoctrination, I eventually moved from depending  on 'something' out there, to my own inherent wisdom learned from life experiences. The 'Man in the office' out there gets blamed for everything to include the good stuff. The existential anxiety we are faced with on a daily bases is that we are vulnerable and cannot erased this fact. That is how it is there is so much discourse amongst us. The discourse seems to give us a sense of security. That is, if I talked about enough, maybe my brain will come up with the answer somehow. 

1 hour ago, Jim D. said:

In my opinion, the sentimentality of religion is a trap. Through the years of indoctrination, I eventually moved from depending  on 'something' out there, to my own inherent wisdom learned from life experiences. The 'Man in the office' out there gets blamed for everything to include the good stuff. The existential anxiety we are faced with on a daily bases is that we are vulnerable and cannot erased this fact. That is how it is there is so much discourse amongst us. The discourse seems to give us a sense of security. That is, if I talked about enough, maybe my brain will come up with the answer somehow. 

The interesting thing to me is that when there is consciousness of the Oneness of all of us, there is no need for strife at all. We are all, communally, It.  The Lutheranism I was exposed to as a child now seems to me akin to belief in Santa.  The self-righteousness we feel when sandwiched within a religion is very comforting.  But, as I see it, a fairy tale.

i think the amazing thing is that much of mankind, it seems, is born with this quest in the heart to believe in anything spiritual at all.  To me, this is the best evidence of the great intelligence that is the basis for all.  It's just that the intelligence is easily morphed into something understandable - like the statue of the virgin Mary, or a crucifix - a simple but profound attempt to reach out and understand.  And in fairy tale form, it is understandable and digestible.  

Until one suddenly climbs out of the box and sees that their particular religion is merely a product of where in the world they were born or what they've been exposed to.  But what binds everyone is the drive to understand, regardless of what religious form that takes.  An then there are us lucky ones who were born into circumstances more fortunate than just dire existence.  We have the option to look at the smorgasbord of spiritual or religious thought and select the one that furthers our quest for understanding.  Oh, the paths extend out so very far.

And then, if we're really lucky, we realize that it was right here all along.  Just like the Wizard of Oz.  How intimidated Dorothy and the gang all were when they were actually facing the wizard, the 'God of Oz'.  Until they realized that there was a man behind the curtain.

Wow.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

And that man seemed so pathetic, especially when he was scolded by Dorothy. I have read others opinions and comments and recognize myself in them who attempt to believe and reinforce their belief in their parroting what someone else shared with them. And therein lies the existential anxiety of humans.

You know, when we trace it all back to pre-humans, imagine the instinct to survive and their trying  to make sense out of what this creature saw in the world around them. Through their eyes and underdeveloped brains they must have behaved much like my dog Sweeper. Confident and secure in her needs being met. But when thrown into a world she does not understand e.g. Amazon Prime truck beeping at a decibel she cannot tolerate, she shrinks and cowers in fright. There is no philosophical debate. She just wants to feel safe and secure again. She looks to me, her god, to make it alright again.

Pre-humans needed magic, something outside themselves to make sense out of their vulnerability. Others, who could see that manipulating this fact to their own advantage, used it to control their own fears of being exploited. And there you have it; play it out; the Mystical is born. The Controller controls and the Controlee controls their fears through the Controller. Say hello to Government, Religion, Racism, Bombs, Guns, Race for Space, Drug Use and Abuse, Alcohol Abuse, Nicotine, Sex...

Edited by Jim D.
  • Like 2

37 minutes ago, Jim D. said:

You know, when we trace it all back to pre-humans, imagine the instinct to survive and their try to make sense out of what this creature saw in the world around them.

And the sun that kept disappearing each night.  How scary it must have been.  And the different paths in the sky that it would take during the seasons.

And I forgot that Dorothy scolded him.  Seems a bit anti-climactic.

Edited by manitou

I don't remember the sun disappearing being explained to me. I did not question it. Night just came on, and I went to sleep after the "I love Lucy show." But, the moon was another thing. When it was a quarter moon, I thought it pushed it's way out of who knows where. I believed this for a long time until I realized that there were the phases of the moon.

My family was sorta musical and I liked to sing. The first ever song I sang was for my Aunt Sue who was a semi-professional singer. One day when she came over to see my mother, Aunt Sue's sister, I sang "Cry" by Johnnie Ray (1951). I was 5 years old. It impressed my Aunt Sue which encouraged me. When I got into the 60's to 70's that is all I did. I practiced playing guitar and doing covers of other bands such as The Beatles, The Turtles, The Kinks, Young bloods etc. When I got into my 20's I began developing my own style and arrangements of song's I found interesting and sensitive. Then I got into my 40's and wrote a few songs on my own. All this was for my own enjoyment. Now I rarely sing because I do not exercise my vocal chords as I did for hours at a time. Music gives me great pleasure to listen to it. There is a feeling of freedom. 

Edited by Jim D.
  • Like 1

Excellent, excellent, excellent!!!!! You put a smile on my face. There are so many things in this video that appeal to me. The leather jacket, mullet, the gas masked person, the girl (never had librarians that look like that). This period of time for music was wonderful. The music was easy going, melodic, good lyrics. Remember the band called The Outfield? 

Wanted to clarify my mentioning the music compositions above. They were instrumentals. When I attempted to put words to them, it came easily. I was surprised that they could fall into place between the measures as if they had been written already. 

My sabbatical from playing brings to mind when John Lennon took a break to be a "house husband." Julian had come into this world and needed caring for. I have used this phrase many times to describe what I do being retired.

Man, the 60's and 80's were a great time for music.  

Mr. Rogers  ---> BOUGHT <--- a house in NEW YORK! 

FOR JUST 10 THOUSAND DOLLARS! IN NEW YOOOORK!

NEW YOOOORK! 

This guy is GOD ALMIGHTY.

HE IS THE WAY.

Come on people, line up over here. We are all going to become like mr rogers. Pay attention now. Do you ROGER? 

Roger that. 

*salutes*

Very inspiring indeed. 

• Confused 1

21 hours ago, ऋषि said:

Oh my god my childhood! 😍🤩

From now on I love everyone and everything! Hah, take that, you magnificent being! You are all, each and every one of you, the reason that I exist! 

😏That is actually the truth you know. 

Edited by Everything
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 11/27/2019 at 9:23 PM, Jim D. said:

Now I rarely sing because I do not exercise my focal chords as I did for hours at a time.

Have you tried exercising the vocal chords?

Mr Rogers - I did see this as a child.

Wow - he seemed very strange at that time.

Everything he did seemed insane - his sneaker fetish, puppet show for himself - never seen real people doing things like this.

I did not know anyone at that time who thought he was normal or a good example of anything for children.

-VonKrankenhaus

• Like 2

3 hours ago, vonkrankenhaus said:

Mr Rogers - I did see this as a child.

Wow - he seemed very strange at that time.

Everything he did seemed insane - his sneaker fetish, puppet show for himself - never seen real people doing things like this.

I did not know anyone at that time who thought he was normal or a good example of anything for children.

-VonKrankenhaus

Admittedly, he did possess a modicum of creepiness.  But I think you'd really enjoy the movie.  Much more to him than meets the eye, apparently.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, manitou said:

Have you tried exercising the vocal chords?

I don't sing because it annoys my wife. I practice guitar occasionally, but you have to do it daily to keep the callouses from softening. Guitar does not have the same meaning it did when I was in my 50's. I was living with a woman for 15 years who enjoyed guitar. She bought me an signed Alvarez. When we met in '68 it was the basis of our connection with each other. I learned "Happy together" for her.

It would take me a month to get ready for an audience, but there is no audience to get ready for. The last time I put time in for an audience was for my sister's birthday party. I also had an opportunity to jam with my nephew. He now has his own band. 

I can still hit notes, but working at it is not going to take me anywhere. Too much work for a 73 year old with a boyish body -_-

LOL, Jim.  I was just being a wise-acre.  In your earlier post you called them focal chords.  And I certainly understand the callous on the finger thing.  I used to strum and sing in a lounge.  But I won't touch the things now, for the reason you mentioned.  No callouses.

I agree, it's too much work for a 72 year old with a girlish body.  But I can still jam on a keyboard.

Edited by manitou

Problem is, there is no mention or critique anywhere of the structures behind mass media and how they influence content.  Mr. Rogers was always aired on PBS, which was not corporate-owned and ad-driven.  This clearly creates a very different result (more like YouTube) than the majority of mass media, which is the opposite.

Propaganda%2520Model.cmap%3Frid=11095687

4fd9e6b5ecad04c327000005-400-300.jpg

media-ownership.jpeg

mediaownership.gif

untitled.jpg

ec0fef0e05eb1792d3e1ba8d1b0422e8.jpg

Now, which of these networks would have even carried Mr. Rogers or Sesame Street - which were intended more simply for education, rather than selling products and airtime?

Edited by gendao

PBS was formerly called "National Educational Television" (NET) and "was a United States educational broadcast television network that operated from May 16, 1954, to October 4, 1970. It was owned by the Ford Foundation."

so - Ford Foundation. Corporate. Ad-driven money.

"The foundation was accused of being funded by the US government. John J. McCloy, the foundation's chairman from 1958–1965, knowingly employed numerous agents and, based on the premise that a relationship with the CIA was inevitable, set up a three-person committee responsible for dealing with its requests."

So - CIA.

"Starting from 1962, the federal government took over the FAE's grants-in-aid program through the Education Television Facilities Act."

So - Federal government.

"American author, conservative philosopher, and critic of feminism Christina Hoff Sommers, criticized The Ford Foundation in her book The War Against Boys (1994) as well as other institutions in education and government. Sommers alleged that the Ford Foundation funded feminist ideologies that marginalize boys and men."

So - Jaffe Memo?

"In November 1963 NETRC changed its name to National Educational Television, and spun off its radio assets. Under the centerpiece program NET Journal, NET began to air controversial, hard-hitting documentaries that explored numerous social issues of the day such as poverty and racism. While praised by critics, many affiliates, especially those in politically and culturally conservative markets, objected to the perceived liberal slant of the programming."

Such as Mister Rogers Creepy Neighborhood with the sneaker fetish and puppets instead of the "Buck" Rogers or "Will" Rogers they HAD been seeing.

-VonKrankenhaus

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

Feel good thread? Quick somebody piss in the Cheerios.

BTW I thought we weren't doing conspiracy theories on this site anymore...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, ilumairen said:

Feel good thread? Quick somebody piss in the Cheerios.

BTW I thought we weren't doing conspiracy theories on this site anymore...

Unfortunately, the usual suspects think they’re more awakened and aware than others and therefore more in Tao, and can’t seem to follow flow of a thread or have mores.

They really need to just go to reddit instead...but Mr. Rogers would want us to be nice neighbors regardless of how annoying they are...

Reminds me of a Teamster who drove for our construction department for a while on a long running Television series years ago.

That piece of work could find the bad in anything.  Birthday cakes, Sunny days, Hugs... you name it.

I recall turning to him once after he derided a story a guy who told about playing with his kids at a local park and saying... "jesus man!  You can shit on any topic can't you?!?!  Someone could hand you a hundred dollar bill and you would bitch and be ungrateful about 'oh great!  now I gotta find a way to spend this!'"

Yea, he was pure misery.  We contacted the Transpo Captain and got rid of him at the first available opportunity.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, silent thunder said:

Reminds me of a Teamster who drove for our construction department for a while on a long running Television series years ago.

That piece of work could find the bad in anything.  Birthday cakes, Sunny days, Hugs... you name it.

I recall turning to him once after he derided a story a guy who told about playing with his kids at a local park and saying... "jesus man!  You can shit on any topic can't you?!?!  Someone could hand you a hundred dollar bill and you would bitch and be ungrateful about 'oh great!  now I gotta find a way to spend this!'"

Yea, he was pure misery.  We contacted the Transpo Captain and got rid of him at the first available opportunity.

One thread about Mr Rogers, and it’s conspiracy theories, climate change and it’s how scientists are part of the conspiracy, sharing about one’s international experience, and that person is considered following colonial paradigms, and then it’s either Annunaki or someone is a self-initiated master and more awakened than us...

vonkrankenhaus - Interesting, but not so fast...

Mister Rogers' Neighborhood was only on NET for <2 years (1968-1970), before it was on PBS.

Although at this time, Mister Rogers' Neighborhood did certainly fit NET's "social justice & welfare" objectives, as laid out by the Ford Foundation.

In November 1963 NETRC changed its name to National Educational Television, and spun off its radio assets. Under the centerpiece program NET Journal, NET began to air controversial, hard-hitting documentaries that explored numerous social issues of the day such as poverty and racism. While praised by critics, many affiliates, especially those in politically and culturally conservative markets, objected to the perceived liberal slant of the programming.

And the Ford Foundation was started with seed money by Edsel Ford as a philanthropic arm, but divested itself of all Ford Motor Company stock between 1955 and 1974.  So, I don't think NET was ever ad-driven, and it had nearly shed all of its corporate ties by the early 70s.  It was also never a commercial, corporate entity to begin with - even if it was started by one.

The main political criticism they have gotten is for their left-leaning stances...

As for the 1969 Jaffe Memo, most of these population control proposals have never even been implemented yet...50 years later.  In fact, many of our policies remain the opposite.

Jaffe-Memo-jaffememo-com-small.jpg

Nor do I see how NET was promoting them? 

And even if so, human overpopulation (over say a ~100 million - 2-3 billion carrying capacity) CLEARLY IS a problem - which is a byproduct of agriculture and humancentric "civilization."  So, I don't agree with forced/artificial depopulation...but natural depopulation from adopting more natural lifestyles living within local ecological means (as aborigines did for millenia) would be a GOOD thing for the planet!  The only reason why you would think differently is due to Christianization that places humans on some towering, sacred (LOL) pedestal above all other life on this planet.  Which is what has led to this:

Vertebrate%20animal%20mass%20-%20no%20lo

And as far as spook involvement, it was supposedly formalized because they knew they were going to be infiltrated anyways...

John J. McCloy, the foundation's chairman from 1958–1965, knowingly employed numerous agents and, based on the premise that a relationship with the CIA was inevitable, set up a three-person committee responsible for dealing with its requests.

Anyways, point is that NET/Ford Foundation were never corporate/commercial media to begin with...but a philanthropic nonprofit...which is what allowed the space for Mister Rogers' Neighborhood to exist on air.  Because their goal was human welfare, not profits.  And even then, it was only on their network for less than 2 years to begin with... 

So, a lot of smoke, but little actual fire here. ^_^

Edited by gendao