Toni

What is your favourite exercise?

That's it, which is yours? I mean a single exercise, not a system or a set... It can be a qigong exercise, a calisthenic exercise, whatever.

I am not sure if I have a single favourite exercise, but if I have to choose one I would say wall squats. A fantastic exercise for the legs and the back.

• Like 2

"Hundreds of exercises are not as good as simply walking; walking is the master of hundreds of exercises." ~ Li Zi Ming

The quote is from Ba Gua Zhang, but I like to think of it as universal. Anywhere from hiking a mountain trail, to milling about our daily tasks, if done with intention, can become a most graceful of movement arts.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Nungali said:

The one I was doing last night      :) 

Me too. 

It's all about the perfect curvature of yin and yang. 

Then keep spinnig around untill the bedsheets slam against the walls and drop to the floor. 

Raise the rpm by gradually raising the frequency and amplitude of the center, untill you smell bedsheet smoke. 

Then hold that frequency. 

The molten matras is incapable of penetrating the outer layer of the spinning 69 body. 

And so you fall through it like the top thin layer of orrange glowing water. 

So while spinning, you do make harmonic overtone sound, which filters your voice aswell, but it is still audible to those neighbours bellow you as you say hello while passing them by, straight into the underground, where all the rappers are arguing, about who gets to eat the rat first, while a first class soloist violin player stops playing a sad minor, as everyone looks on to you descending slowly in a perfectly unified 69 body spinning down into the soil of the earth underneath, straight into the abyss of the deep dark depth. 

The rappers look confused, around, and in to, the hole in their ground, and the violin soloist squeeks his greasy head and small mustache through the leggs of the rappers to see what the fuss is all about. 

They all look up, towards the shocked neighbours who speak the first words after a long silence:

"... Holy... f<3k..."

Edited by Everything
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Toni said:

Is it good for the pelvis? :D

Its good for the lower back . I have a very bad lower back .  During the exercises .... I totally forgot about my bad back !  It was like it wasnt even there  ! 

This morning though  ........    :(

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Seriously though, they are ;

Pinan 1-5 , Niharchin 1 - 3 , Passai 1 & 2 ,  Rohai, Chinto, Gojushiho, Hakatsuru,  Matsamurua no Gata, Suechi no Kon 1 & 2 , Chichen no Kon,  Soken sai 1 - 3 , Soken Gama 1 - 3 , Ecu no Gata, Owakawa no Gata,  Jo 20,  No Budi no gata , Oshimi Passai .

But mostly   Randori     (although nowadays I rarely get to do that )  .

• Like 2

Swimming, especially in long, Olympic-size pools like I used in university or the ocean because the former is not commonly available for us civilians. 

Seeing girls in bikinis at the pool as well is extra motivation...

"Just keep swimming, just keep swimming..."

• Like 6

Accepting is a great excersize. But allowing is even a greater one.

Let go and allow, let go and allow, let go and allow.

Like breathing in and out.

Being the consciousness.

Edited by Everything
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Nungali said:

Pinan 1-5 , Niharchin 1 - 3 , Passai 1 & 2 ,  Rohai, Chinto, Gojushiho, Hakatsuru,  Matsamurua no Gata, Suechi no Kon 1 & 2 , Chichen no Kon,  Soken sai 1 - 3 , Soken Gama 1 - 3 , Ecu no Gata, Owakawa no Gata,  Jo 20,  No Budi no gata , Oshimi Passai .

Start at 0:45

Edited by moment
  • Confused 1

I like big compound exercises that work the whole body.  Such as with a medium heavy dumbbell or kettlebell goblet squats to overhead press.  Also with either db or kb doing straight leg dead lifts to bicep curl.  These days I do sets of 8.  Short enough so my form and will power are good and keep me fresh for another set or two ie it feel much better to do 3 sets of 8, then 2 of 10. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Nungali said:

You brought back memories. My first mentor, Hirata Sensei was Koichi Tohei's #1 in North America (in 1973 at Budokan INC., Seattle, wa).  A little off-topic but, I could not resist. :)

Edited by moment
  • Like 2

Walking in nature or riding bicycle to nature with all the always amazing new life to be conscious of. And all the always fresh new invigorating input for all of my senses, feel great inspiration. Rest. Peace. Joy. Freedom. 

• Like 2

I get my exercise from a 15 minute Ashtanga yoga routine on a David Swensen DVD (yoga short forms). Great bodyweight exercise, aerobic, stretches all major muscle groups and it's meditative to boot. Most bang for your buck and perfect for the time poor like me.

• Like 1

On 11/7/2019 at 8:06 PM, Nungali said:

Its good for the lower back . I have a very bad lower back .  During the exercises .... I totally forgot about my bad back !  It was like it wasnt even there  ! 

This morning though  ........    :(

Reverse hyperextensions

On 11/8/2019 at 12:18 AM, thelerner said:

I like big compound exercises that work the whole body.  Such as with a medium heavy dumbbell or kettlebell goblet squats to overhead press.  Also with either db or kb doing straight leg dead lifts to bicep curl.  These days I do sets of 8.  Short enough so my form and will power are good and keep me fresh for another set or two ie it feel much better to do 3 sets of 8, then 2 of 10. 

Power clean with a heavy barbell. Clean and press with a kettlebell

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AngelsView said:

I'm also a runner.

Nothing else feels like a run in nature for me... so primal, so perfect.

• Like 1