zero

manifestation

6 hours ago, ilumairen said:

I would suggest perpetual interplay between what we label conscious and unconscious - with the notion some stalwart individuals have dived more deeply into the depths and discovered ways to consciously integrate the subconscious - at which point it's not really sub (or un)conscious anymore. :)

You're rather fun, and I'm happy you're here.

I agree.  I think Zero is going to be a hoot.

As to conscious and unconscious, I think interplay is the correct word.  But both our conscious and subconscious selves are the result of our conditioning - both from birth, and through our genetics.  And through societal evolution.  People in recovery find it necessary, in order to stay substance free, to dive deeply into the depths, as you mentioned.  This is done for the purpose of making life "comfortable" so that the recovering one does not need to drink or drug to be comfortable in their own skin.  It's a process of filing your own buttons down by inner self discovery.  I know that many spiritual traditions, even Freemasonry, utilize the same process in their upward evolution.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, manitou said:

I'm still waiting for my Bugatti.  I began the manifestation technique in 1971.  Seriously.  

Try wishing for a VW instead and see how that goes. :)

• Haha 1

Your Bugatti came to me instead. I got it about five years ago. UPS delivered it to my door. I signed for you because I couldn't resist being dishonest. I told the UPS guy that I was your caregiver and that you were upstairs behind a closed locked door which kept me from entering. So, no personalized signature...just mine. All I had to do was show the guy my business card and an Advanced Directive signed and witnessed by me...and that was that. 

Nice car. Little hard to get into. I am sorry for all the dog hairs but Sweeper, our dog, likes car rides. The Bugatti only has 325,000 miles on it. We change the oil every 10 months, and it gets great mileage. I would get it to you, but I don't know where you live. Oh wait, that 's a lie too. I am giving it to my kid when he graduates high school. So far, so good. He is doing great on his permit. Only one ding to the front left panel of the car. I think that he sneaks out at night and takes the car. He hides this guess by running the odometer backwards. I don't know how he is doing this but he is getting it done. He is also smart enough to fill up the gas tank back to where it was when he took the car out to see his girlfriend. There is a funny smell inside the car...kind of a sweet smell...you know like Church incense. The windshield is all gummed up with fine smudge marks and cigarette smoke. He doesn't clean out the car either...lots of wrappers in the ask tray...no not an ash tray...just a make shift coffee cup acting as an ashtray. 

Been thinking about sending him to a military school involuntarily. Turn him into a man that can drive a Humvee and carry an assault weapon. After all, we need to grab hold of those oil rigs and real estate that they are on.

We will keep you posted friends and neighbors. 

43 minutes ago, Jim D. said:

Your Bugatti came to me instead. I got it about five years ago. UPS delivered it to my door. I signed for you because I couldn't resist being dishonest. I told the UPS guy that I was your caregiver and that you were upstairs behind a closed locked door which kept me from entering. So, no personalized signature...just mine. All I had to do was show the guy my business card and an Advanced Directive signed and witnessed by me...and that was that. 

Oh yes!  I forgot that I had given it to you in my advanced directive.  My mind is slipping.

43 minutes ago, Jim D. said:

Nice car. Little hard to get into. I am sorry for all the dog hairs but Sweeper, our dog, likes car rides. The Bugatti only has 325,000 miles on it. We change the oil every 10 months, and it gets great mileage. I would get it to you, but I don't know where you live. Oh wait, that 's a lie too. I am giving it to my kid when he graduates high school. So far, so good. He is doing great on his permit. Only one ding to the front left panel of the car. I think that he sneaks out at night and takes the car. He hides this guess by running the odometer backwards. I don't know how he is doing this but he is getting it done. He is also smart enough to fill up the gas tank back to where it was when he took the car out to see his girlfriend. There is a funny smell inside the car...kind of a sweet smell...you know like Church incense. The windshield is all gummed up with fine smudge marks and cigarette smoke. He doesn't clean out the car either...lots of wrappers in the ask tray...no not an ash tray...just a make shift coffee cup acting as an ashtray. 

Been thinking about sending him to a military school involuntarily. Turn him into a man that can drive a Humvee and carry an assault weapon. After all, we need to grab hold of those oil rigs and real estate that they are on.

We will keep you posted friends and neighbors. 

Okay - well, when he becomes a Humvee man please return it to me.  Just knock on the door and I'll answer this time.

Silly person, the story about the door was a ruse to get the UPS guy to give up the car. You're are not really behind the door...and I don't have an Advanced Directive from you. I forged it. But I have to tell you that my son wants to be an Army "lifer." That means, it will be about 25 years before he gets out. You will be dead, and so will I. 

Might Will it to my grandchildren. By then the Bugatti will have about 800,000 miles on it. :blush:

• Like 1

Getting back on target: 

What is social cybernetics?
What is Social cybernetics. 1. An approach to describe how people create, maintain and change social systems through language and ideas in an approach where knowledge is constructed to achieve human purposes.
I don't think that Dr. Maltz was talking about willing a car into our life. That is like asking Tao to send us kitchen. Or asking God to help us win the Lotto. 

I lately find myself fascinated by Meme's lately.  Through my 13 year old son's connection to meme's and my watching and learning their use by his generation, I am sensing this unfolds as a new form of written/pictographic communication in development.  An evolving of language and communication visually, it seems to me the information capable of being conveyed through an image and a simple sentence far out-performs the use of language alone.

This Meme use has manifested effortlessly, of their natural way... they express and even think this way effortlessly where for me, it's new and strange.

5 hours ago, silent thunder said:

I lately find myself fascinated by Meme's lately.  Through my 13 year old son's connection to meme's and my watching and learning their use by his generation, I am sensing this unfolds as a new form of written/pictographic communication in development.  An evolving of language and communication visually, it seems to me the information capable of being conveyed through an image and a simple sentence far out-performs the use of language alone.

This Meme use has manifested effortlessly, of their natural way... they express and even think this way effortlessly where for me, it's new and strange.

And nature hates a vacuum. I wouldn't be surprised if something catastrophic happened one day maybe involving utilities, that memes might be a shortcut to communication.  The rising of memes in our consciousness, the words being compacted into a visual concept that is immediately recognizable and understood - it must be rising for some reason. (Although the concept regarding linear time being an illusion, all happening Now - whatever 'it' is, it's already happened but not unfolded yet)

Or how useful would memes be in space travel, or communicating with other civilizations?

• Like 1

On 11/10/2019 at 2:10 PM, manitou said:

How many electromagnetic waves go by our ears that we don't hear? 

All of them, since we don't hear electromagnetic waves. If god spoke into a vacuum, nothing vibrated and no sound occurred, but that didn't really happen anyway.