Everything

The part of you that has never suffered

In the beginning it sounded as though you were describing what is known by the Recovery Program as God consciousness. And then it sounded Existential in the matter of becoming...then nihilistic...and then it became the Universal Consciousness. 

5 hours ago, manitou said:

I don't see it as self consciousness, as we're not talking about the egoic body.  It is more an awareness that you are not who you think you are, and the point of awareness seems to be a few inches behind the head; a sense of 'seeing' yourself engaged in the affairs of the world, but not really falling into the illusion.  If this produces second guessing, I can't imagine what one would be second guessing about.  Second guessing is a result of worrying about what others think, and when we're really in the zone, (ie. in consciousness) this just doesn't come into play.  You know that everything that is happening, or what you are doing, is exactly as it should be.

I am aware that there are layers of fogginess, but I can't think clearly. Is this fogginess from hunger, lack of protein or the right sugar level? Is it a matter of depression or anxiety? Is it a matter of grief or a sense of loss. These can be a matter of self recrimination, and judgement. I am aware of these negative emotional states but cannot escape until I accept that these too are me, my experiences. It is a journey only I can know. Others can only speculate, second guess, emphasize...But when I practice taking a look at my motivations and decide what it is I can control and manage, and not manage, there and only then will I be free of the bondage of self. This I believe is true freedom...an absence of negative thinking. 

If I think that I can stop it from raining and it does, then I am arrogant. If I think that my consciousness is ever expanding, then I am delusional and arrogant. Timothy Leary tried to check in and check out through the use of LSD. And it was fun watching and listening to someone that thought he was different and special because it gave us hope that we too could expand our minds. Many of us lost ours and ended up dying spiritually until the survival instinct kicked in. 

It is correct, not even the best trained psychiatrist can know himself completely. That is how it is that it is important to be accountable to someone who has our best interest at heart. 

Fancy words and descriptors are meaningless. It is when it is simple that it is profound. And most importantly, does it work. This is the true test. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jim D. said:

In the beginning it sounded as though you were describing what is known by the Recovery Program as God consciousness. And then it sounded Existential in the matter of becoming...then nihilistic...and then it became the Universal Consciousness. 

:blink:

You described exactly how I felt.

Interesting set of words. 

Thanks for sharing. 

the part of us ( non physical aka spiritual ) lives through us all to suffer and for pleasures. BOTH 

as well as neither. suffer nor pleasure. 

Its why the creator ( spiritual being ) created existence.

Not to just  "observe " but to experience everything and everyone as a choice. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Yang said:

the part of us ( non physical aka spiritual ) lives through us all to suffer and for pleasures. BOTH 

as well as neither. suffer nor pleasure. 

Its why the creator ( spiritual being ) created existence.

Not to just  "observe " but to experience everything and everyone as a choice. 

There was a time in my life and not to long ago, that Religion convinced me and others that there was someone watching everything I did 'out there.' Of course, if little children are convinced that they are being "observed" than it is easier to control them...as well as adults. 

It has been my life's experience that nothing was created but rather was and always will be. It is a puzzling concept without an immediate answer...and therefore, much deliberation and verbiage about nothing, really. 

2 minutes ago, Jim D. said:

There was a time in my life and not to long ago, that Religion convinced me and others that there was someone watching everything I did 'out there.' Of course, if little children are convinced that they are being "observed" than it is easier to control them...as well as adults. 

It has been my life's experience that nothing was created but rather was and always will be. It is a puzzling concept without an immediate answer...and therefore, much deliberation and verbiage about nothing, really. 

the creator ( not the created ) has always been and will always be .

the creator transcends all of time from its start to its end. 

The creator never started and will never finish but its creations certainly have and will continue to do so  . 

" santa clause knows when you are sleeping and knows when you're awake , he knows when you've been good or bad  so be good for goodness sake.  "

who hasn't heard that song ?

As I was growing up through grade school, probably reaching the age of reason, I wondered how it is that Santa got the presents into our parlor, they were called parlors in those days, and flats, now we call them living rooms and apartments, I asked my mother how Santa got in since we did not have a chimney. We had a coal burner instead, and eventually a space heater. Well Mom's answer was he got in some how ?????

You see, the presents became more important rather than the truth. I once heard a man say that the more ridiculous a story is the more believable it is. Add a carrot like Hitler did when he promised bread for everyone and a man for every woman and like magic, we now have Concentration camps and a peoples to use them on. 

I met a lady the other night who asked me "Do you believe in God?"  To me, that's the same question as "Do you believe in Santa?"

• Like 2

This thread so much reflects my path and the thoughts that I have been having. I also liken the commonly held belief of the image of God to that of Santa Claus. I say this as I'm about to take my family to a Methodist church...

But, I've been wanting to run this idea by TDB. In terms of The Dao I'm coming to believe that we exist because "nothing" also exists. A long time ago I questioned, "If God created us, then who created God?" I have felt like I exist on the razor's edge of two impossibilities. To have been created out of nothing seems impossible. But, for there to be nothing at all also seems impossible. In terms of The Dao they must both exist: Nothing and Everything - Stillness and Motion.

14 hours ago, manitou said:

I met a lady the other night who asked me "Do you believe in God?"  To me, that's the same question as "Do you believe in Santa?"

i think there is *A* god .

you ,me, everyone  and everything else* ARE* god .

God is where all awareness leads towards and was created from . It forms a figure 8 , the sign of infinity .

Its still a very odd  sensation to consider god as a being that has no start and no end. Meaning always was and will always be.  So I leave it as it is for what it is and will always be . 

1 hour ago, escott said:

This thread so much reflects my path and the thoughts that I have been having. I also liken the commonly held belief of the image of God to that of Santa Claus. I say this as I'm about to take my family to a Methodist church...

But, I've been wanting to run this idea by TDB. In terms of The Dao I'm coming to believe that we exist because "nothing" also exists. A long time ago I questioned, "If God created us, then who created God?" I have felt like I exist on the razor's edge of two impossibilities. To have been created out of nothing seems impossible. But, for there to be nothing at all also seems impossible. In terms of The Dao they must both exist: Nothing and Everything - Stillness and Motion.

As we 'are God', it seems that the One is still manifesting.  I think we are the terminal end of the One who wants to experience itself.  We are the sensory aspect of life that gives feedback to itself.  All other phenomenon are the One as well; all matter, plants, and animals.

I sometimes wonder if, given our limited sensory range, there aren't multitudes of other entities living out a life on this planet.  Entities we can't see, hear, or touch.  Perhaps one sitting in the very chair I'm sitting in right now, unbeknownst to me.  Just on a different wavelength that we're not experiencing.  Maybe those are the Buddha-lands of the Sutras.

5 hours ago, manitou said:

As we 'are God', it seems that the One is still manifesting.  I think we are the terminal end of the One who wants to experience itself.  We are the sensory aspect of life that gives feedback to itself.  All other phenomenon are the One as well; all matter, plants, and animals.

I sometimes wonder if, given our limited sensory range, there aren't multitudes of other entities living out a life on this planet.  Entities we can't see, hear, or touch.  Perhaps one sitting in the very chair I'm sitting in right now, unbeknownst to me.  Just on a different wavelength that we're not experiencing.  Maybe those are the Buddha-lands of the Sutras.

Yeah and that leads us to the further realisation that nothing does not exist. Just like Source exists, but that does not mean that human thoughts forms, are always accurate representations of what that source is. 

Yet human thought forms is what is easily accesible to most humans. As that which is non-physical. And so Source is not often accesed by humans, unless they are very young. And even then they can be discouraged from finding their natural alignment with their Source. 

That natural alignment with Source and natural allowed to be flowed realisation of Source, or viewing our world through the eyes of Source, requires there to be no resistant contradictory thought within us. If Source perspective flows through us with those contradictory thoughts, which cannot happen, we would burn up like lamp exploding because electricity suddenly decides to ignore natural law of path of least resistance. That is why Source flows through those who either release resistant contradictory thought by meditation or simply those who always feel good anyway, and have no resistance. 

But we all are flowing that which we call Source Energy through us atleast to some degree. To the degree that you feel good or better emotionally, that much more are you flowing in alignment with Source, and then you are simply a path of lesser resistance and then Source flows through you more. Even on behalfst of the people around you. 

If you wanna understand source, all you gotta do is understand your emotions. 

You cannot perceive that which you are not in alignment with. It's like trying to walk through a wall. You would just get repelled by the wall, and if you insist, you crush yourself. 

It is all about releasing resistance, to the source that is already flowing through you. So that it flows more fully and freely and easily and naturally and effortlessly and joyously and blisfully, etc. 

My fingernail in and of itself, has never suffered because fundamentally it is non-feeling and non-organic. It is the tissue underneath that has sensory nerves and tissue that is subject to disease. 

My hair has never felt pain as evidenced by haircuts. 

Brain and skull bones have no pain receptors. 

On 1-12-2019 at 8:33 PM, Jim D. said:

My fingernail in and of itself, has never suffered because fundamentally it is non-feeling and non-organic. It is the tissue underneath that has sensory nerves and tissue that is subject to disease. 

My hair has never felt pain as evidenced by haircuts. 

Brain and skull bones have no pain receptors. 

Physical pain is completely irrelevant to suffering, because often physical pain actually creates extacy in many people. Like the "runners high" that people talk about. But ofcourse there is a negative aspect to physical pain aswell, and you can tell emotionally, when pain is too much pain and no longer natural, and no longer necessary. 

All disease is but a secondary manifestational indicator of durably allowed negative emotion, which is the primary indicator of energetically resistant / self contradictory thought patterns within the individual.

And we all have to unconditional ability to allow ourself to feel better, emotionally, unconditionally, regardless of any and all conditions, under any and all conditions. To allow for the natural alignment of our physical consciousness and our greater non-physical consciousness, that is indicated by feeling better emotionally, as even full alignment of one where one feels absolutely joyful, one can increase the momentum of consciously allowed to flow thought streams in full harmonic alignment and blending with your own ever expanding greater knowing of your own ever expanding greater non-physical consciousness, to even experience rapturously extatic blissfulness and ongoingly evermore greater allowed realisations of evermore greater allowed realisations of evermore greater allowed realisations.

Edited by Everything