Everything

The part of you that has never suffered

As I was contemplating suffering the other day, and thinking about what part of us has actually never ever suffered. That is even incapable of suffering. 

And it is actually not a physical thing at all, which is also why it has never suffered. It is actually the part of us that actually knows all about our suffering, physically, mentally, emotionally. All that is of our physical life and body, can be suffering. But our consciousness can never ever become the suffering, just become conscious of it. We can be so conscious of our suffering that we can write entire books about it, and still be suffering. 

But as I begin to think about my own consciousness. As I begin to focus my consciousness more on itself, on myself. As I become more conscious about my own  consciousness, I notice that it has got no aspect of suffering. It's just pure consciousness. Just pure existential awareness.

It is almost like a non-physical field of pure permeable energy/awareness. Or pure awareness. I  cannot draw a line in physical timespace reality, to define it, because it actually exists where physical reality ends. The line is drawn in between physical and non-physical. However, my physical body can become aware of the consciousness itself. It is simply pure awareness. And we are actually an extension of it, however, it is not an extension of us. We cannot change it or make it less, except for ourselves.

It is so confusing to think about this relationship of physical and non-physical. Because we always are the consciousness, but we can as a consciousness, become so conscious of our own suffering of our own physical being, that we can actually guide the physical being to say that "I am suffering." even tho we are just consciousness being conscious about the physical being that is suffering. 

But our consciousness cannot ever become conscious of suffering, and then suddenly be diminished by it. The suffering doesn't affect our consciousness. Infact, some people have been conscious of suffering and then moments later conscious of the complete opposite. Because our consciousness is not limitted by anything that it can be conscious about. It is simply just consciousness being conscious about things, which may or may not actually be other consciousnesses. Or perhaps both our consciousness and not ours at the same time.

So we cannot be conscious about going unconscious. I have tried, and what happened is conscious body paralysation, into deep dreamless sleep. What I experienced has profounded me. And it's that our consciousness has actually never experienced unconsciousness, and cannot do so.

As my body paralyses, through the 7 hertz pulses of the brain, I lose physical awareness, but I am still conscious, and it feels very light... Just floating in a nothingness just pure beingness or rather awareness, thoughtless awareness. Aware without a mind or body or brain. And in what feels like just --- a few seconds ---, the dream begins. It formulates in my consciousness. When science says, as we go into unconsciousness at 7 hertz, we don't actually dream. There is a gap of time, before the dream begins, and because that gap of time is unconscious, my consciousness literally skips it straight into dreaming. It is literally not experienced nor even capable of being experienced. I skip that time in just a few seconds. The moment I become pure awareness, dream formulates very quickly. As sensations first and more clearly defined ongoingly. 

So unconsciousness, can never become experienced by us. Which is interesting. So we can never ever lose the consciousness. It feels almost as consistent as existence itself. But ofcourse its rather an extension of existance? 

Just like our suffering is not really existing unless we are conscious about it. But, even as we are being conscious about it, our consciousness itself, it doesn't suffer over our suffering. So it's so weird. To say, that on a certain level, we have actually never ever suffered. And that that aspect of our being which has never ever suffered, is simply our own consciousness. Or the awareness that is being aware of the suffering. 

So ofcourse we can suffer, as a physical human being we often suffer. But all that pain, that energy motional pain, it simply exist, because we are conscious of it. The pain doesn't change our consciousness, the pain may and often does change our body. But our consciousness, doesn't change no matter how violently our body changes. Just being conscious about the violent chaos and even conscious about the unwillingness of our physical body to experience this physical suffering. It's mind blowing, because as I am thinking, in my consciousness, expanding upon thoughts of my physical mind, I can experience so much pain, but it doesn't tear my consciousness appart as it tears my physical body appart. Sure I can tear my brain appart, but I wont actually be conscious about having a torn appart brain, because for some reason, maybe my consciousness will experience the torn appart brain as something that is not what it is. Maybe we can even feel some connection to the pain of the body, even while it is dead or even dying evermore. But again, we might even feel some non-physical awareness of pain, by being consciouss more about it. But it doesn't cause our consciousness to be painful. Our consciousness is simply being  conscious about the pain. 

So what about our consciousness? What happens if we become more conscious about our own consciousness itself? Has anyone ever tried that? The awareness of the awareness. Being aware of your own awareness. 

Is that just a funny thing we can do, or is there some profound benefit to doing that? Or is the profound benefit in the actual fun of doing so. :rolleyes:

• Like 4

On 11/2/2019 at 5:44 PM, Everything said:

So what about our consciousness? What happens if we become more conscious about our own consciousness itself? Has anyone ever tried that? The awareness of the awareness. Being aware of your own awareness. 

Is that just a funny thing we can do, or is there some profound benefit to doing that? Or is the profound benefit in the actual fun of doing so. :rolleyes:

I think it's definitely a funny thing, but something not a lot of people may are aware of.

The purpose of consciousness witnessing or observing of our own unconsciousness playing out is to be able to experience the emotions, feelings, and actions of the collective (since that's most likely where it comes from). Whatever one wants to decide the purpose of that is, is to each their own.

You could argue that it's possible to understand the issues of the world with this alone. I think it has to do with the ability to feel, think, understand, and be without wholly/truly giving yourself into any of it.

Edited by welkin
  • Like 1

It is off my own opinion and experience that mental illness is pathological self absorption. I was zigging when everyone else was zagging. Steve Martin played a character whose inside governed his outside behavior...totally two different entities attempting to do what they wanted when they wanted. What was seen was someone unable to walk down the street from A to B unencumbered. His outside wanted to go here, while his inside wanted to go there. Each had an influence on the other. It appeared totally chaotic. Poor man! To have to live like that. 

I am concerned that if a man has to observe his awareness observe his awareness, he may be flirting with developing Schizophrenia. If two components of the psyche equal two positives with positive energies, than exponentially the outcome will be negative and unhealthy.  Where is the positive in that I ask myself? 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, welkin said:

I think it's definitely a funny thing, but something not a lot of people may are aware of.

The purpose of consciousness witnessing or observing of our own unconsciousness playing out is to be able to experience the emotions, feelings, and actions of the collective (since that's most likely where it comes from). Whatever one wants to decide the purpose of that is, is to each their own.

You could argue that it's possible to understand the issues of the world with this alone. I think it has to do with the ability to feel, think, understand, and be without wholly/truly giving yourself into any of it.

Thanks, this makes sense. Because I have indeed received greater clarity of perspectives other than my own, through the conscious non interfering observation of subtle non-physical thought forms which are further than my own personal experience, as they relate to me through my perspective of other people and their perspective. And these thoughts they flow from higher levels of consciousness naturally into my being through my non-physical thought forms, knowing full well my desire for understanding, offering it in such a way that is retainable by my waking consciousness also through my sleeping consciousness. To be able to know something so intimately that is not even of my personal life except the desire of my personal life to know with more greater clarity.

And I understand that we do not have to become the higher consciousness, just as we do not have to become source consciousness, in order to find alignment with it. Rather just allow our consciousness to simply focus on the moreness of the thoughts which we are already having, which feel better emotionally than all else, indicating the greater allowed alignment of the better feeling emotionally felt moreness of resonance of our consciousness coming into alignment with the source of consciousness. So that we can allow Source Consciousness to simply be non-physical, for that is what it intentionally is, and then our alignment with that, for the simply joyous life experience that we are here in our physical consciousness.

Cause I simply know that Source Consciousness knows full well the conclusion of all the lifes that have been lived and are being lived evermore here and now, and knows all that we want and is fully focused in alignment with that, so that we can always feel our relativity to all that we truely are, from the source of who we are, of all the higher consciousness' of the higher consciousness' of the higher consciousness' fractaling down to our physical life experience, in such an inseperable way of being an extension of all of that, free to focus in discord with all that we truely are. And simply focusing more in alignment and feeling better and resonance with our own greater knowing, that we can become in our consciousness aswell, in our physical intended way of becoming it, in full harmony and alignment with the source of our being and all being.

And to understand that we don't need to try and think like Source consciousness thinks, like trying to take over its job which our physical extension is not designed to do, in the sense of thinking our way into alignment with that broader perspective and knowing. But rather letting ourselves be a natural inseperable extension of that broader knowing, and simply feel our alignment with it more or less, emotionally. To come to a perspective which is more conducive of alignment, by connecting directly through our ability to feel our energy motional perspective or focusing of our consciousness, emotionally, relative to and with that greater broader part of the greater knowing that we are all inseperable energy motional relatively allowed or lesser allowed to be extensions of it, being and becoming evermore here and now in full harmony and alignment with all of it being and becoming evermore here and now as our ever expanding greater non-physical consciousness all the way to the ever expanding source of all creation consciousness.

To simply live the joyous life experience we came here to live, in full alignment and harmonic resonance emotionally felt converging and blending and resonating alignment felt through our emotions that feel better indicating a greater allowed alignment, of our physical consciousness coming into alignment with the broader perspective of our greater knowing in the way it is intended to be for us always here and now, in our evermore being and becoming evermore here and now, where all of that consciousness of all of our greater consciousness' of all the greater consciousness' are all fully focus evermore here and now, fully with us. Hence we can also always feel our energy motional relativity of our degree of allowed alignment or less, as our valuable emotional guidance system, to be do or have anything we want, as it is all being known evermore by our source, and allowed to be and become evermore here and now through any and all conditions evermore here and now through all being and becoming evermore here and now. As we keep expanding further into alignment with the actual physical time space reality and all that it does truely means for us and is intended to mean evermore here and now, that we can simply know evermore here and now by virtue of our unconditional ability to feeling more into feeling emotionally better alignment with our greater allowed knowing of all of it in the way we are intended to come to know it evermore here and now as physical extensions of that broader perspective of unconditional love ever expanding infinite intelligence and eternal wisdom, being and becoming evermore also by virtue of our being here on the leading edge of all thought. As valuable wayfarers of the greater allowed realisation being and becoming evermore here and now with us, through us, for us, and as us.

• Like 1

I like to think that at my inner core

there a place of peace and serenity. 

Sometimes I find it

and its big and easy

Othertimes

its a small ball

in a great ocean.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Everything said:

Thanks, this makes sense. Because I have indeed received greater clarity of perspectives other than my own, through the conscious non interfering observation of subtle non-physical thought forms which are further than my own personal experience, as they relate to me through my perspective of other people and their perspective. And these thoughts they flow from higher levels of consciousness naturally into my being through my non-physical thought forms, knowing full well my desire for understanding, offering it in such a way that is retainable by my waking consciousness also through my sleeping consciousness. To be able to know something so intimately that is not even of my personal life except the desire of my personal life to know with more greater clarity.

Could be for perspective, though i think that in of itself is putting it in a box. Not insulting the idea, just saying that its more of a non thought process sometimes. People want to experience/put themselves in others' shoes for perspective. but they want to do it through thinking. Through 'undersatanding'. Through acting. Which is kinda silly, because it's like a very disingenuous way of trying to understand someone else's life and experience with a very limited pov. Why not just experience it to experience it, no judgment nothing. for no purpose. and if you end up judging, so what you're human.

So i do believe its possible to put yourself in other people's shoes, and actually understand. Though i think it's rare. Bc to understand means you understand the subtle maybe slightly deeper parts that lead to the external conclusions. Which is an ability of itself, that would take development from an early age or massive undevelopment at a later age. I have to admit though, that this may come much easier for empathic people. (so not by choice)

Initially, that's how it started for me. It's what you told me a while back. i just wanted to experience this life with no consequences. no ill will towards anyone, just want to live it with the joy of our true being. If there is any merit, 4:44 synchronicity confirms this as fact :D

• Like 1

As I was contemplating suffering the other day, and thinking about what part of us has actually never ever suffered. That is even incapable of suffering. 

And it is actually not a physical thing at all, which is also why it has never suffered. It is actually the part of us that actually knows all about our suffering, physically, mentally, emotionally. All that is of our physical life and body, can be suffering. But our consciousness can never ever become the suffering, just become conscious of it. We can be so conscious of our suffering that we can write entire books about it, and still be suffering. 

But as I begin to think about my own consciousness. As I begin to focus my consciousness more on itself, on myself. As I become more conscious about my own  consciousness, I notice that it has got no aspect of suffering. It's just pure consciousness. Just pure existential awareness.

I visualize it as the eye of a tornado

It is almost like a non-physical field of pure permeable energy/awareness. Or pure awareness. I  cannot draw a line in physical timespace reality, to define it, because it actually exists where physical reality ends. The line is drawn in between physical and non-physical. However, my physical body can become aware of the consciousness itself. It is simply pure awareness. And we are actually an extension of it, however, it is not an extension of us. We cannot change it or make it less, except for ourselves.

The line you talk about feels the same to me.  I sense it as a membrane of sorts, as though it wants to merge together but are unable.  But the desire for merger is there.  Does that make sense, kimo sabe?

It is so confusing to think about this relationship of physical and non-physical. Because we always are the consciousness, but we can as a consciousness, become so conscious of our own suffering of our own physical being, that we can actually guide the physical being to say that "I am suffering." even tho we are just consciousness being conscious about the physical being that is suffering. 

And also a wonderful relief to be able to step aside and say "I am not that".  I was thinking today about how we seem to be sitting at the junction of time and space, a hologram of time and space.   And the perspective from the quantum physics observation that matter is both a particle and a wave.  A particle takes up space, a wave of probability requires time. 

I'm afraid that if you and I ever got together in the physical dimension our brains would explode.

• Like 1

On 5-11-2019 at 5:00 AM, manitou said:

I visualize it as the eye of a tornado

The line you talk about feels the same to me.  I sense it as a membrane of sorts, as though it wants to merge together but are unable.  But the desire for merger is there.  Does that make sense, kimo sabe?

Or the source of all creation. Source Consciousness. The pure I am consciousness that is pure positive energy, ever expanding source of all creation of ever expanding allowance of ever expanding infinite intelligence, eternal wisdom and unconditional love, that we are inseperable extensions of it evermore being and becoming evermore here and now. That we can always feel our energy motional relativity to all of it also through our own ability to feel this energy motional relativitiy of our physical consciousness and our greater non-physical consciousness which always remains as our furthest most expanded state of being and becoming all that we want to be do or have, always for us, so that we can always feel our energy motional relativity to it as the moreness of our allowed alignment with it or less, as our emotional guidance system to simply allow our natural well-being and our natural pure knowing to be and become evermore joyously and freely here and now.

It feels like this fits in nicely with this topic.

4:06 - 4:31

This is how I come into alignment with the source of all creation.

"There comes a time when nothing on this planet is gonna be important to you." 

-Because you will discover that it all exists for joy.

Edited by Everything
  • Like 1

I love this, Everything.  It becomes increasingly apparent to me that our purpose here is to enable the Source to experience the joy of living through us.  It wants to see itself, it wants to hear itself, it wants to feel itself, it wants to smell itself, it wants to taste itself..  The consciousness that dwells in me also dwells in my little dog.  The only difference is that his consciousness filters through different brain configurations and his little doggie life experiences.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, manitou said:

I love this, Everything.  It becomes increasingly apparent to me that our purpose here is to enable the Source to experience the joy of living through us.  It wants to see itself, it wants to hear itself, it wants to feel itself, it wants to smell itself, it wants to taste itself..  The consciousness that dwells in me also dwells in my little dog.  The only difference is that his consciousness filters through different brain configurations and his little doggie life experiences.

Yes wants to experience everything and also joyously does experience everything always.

So when we look at something and create a perspective or thought about it that doesn't feel good to us emotionally, it means our source has a different perspective about it. Untill we feel very good then our perspective lines up with that of source.

So imagine the power and value of your emotional guidance system. Through it you literally have acces to the intelligence and energy and consciousness of that which creates worlds. The Source of All Creation.

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor mind blown gif

• Like 2

I don't know that I can compartmentalize my self. The self that defines who I am has experienced the spectrum of feelings that come along with being human. If we are speaking of physical pain...well I have. If we are speaking of emotional pain...well than I have. If we are speaking of spiritual pain...I have. If we are speaking of a lack of spirituality...than I have. If we are speaking of the feeling of complete isolation...than I have. 

In this scenario, there has been no time where I stopped to wonder if there was a part of me that did not feel pain when pain was present. I am not even aware of you when I hit my thumb with a hammer. 

At my age, I am always in some kind of pain, somewhere in my body. Now my toe is not in pain this morning. Nor is my left arm, or my head, or buttocks. But my right hand is swollen of which the cause I cannot determine. I can only guess. 

But a burn victim is in excruciating pain. The question that begs for answer or contemplation of what part of the burn victim's self does not experience pain seems rhetorical. 

12 hours ago, Jim D. said:

I don't know that I can compartmentalize my self. The self that defines who I am has experienced the spectrum of feelings that come along with being human. If we are speaking of physical pain...well I have. If we are speaking of emotional pain...well than I have. If we are speaking of spiritual pain...I have. If we are speaking of a lack of spirituality...than I have. If we are speaking of the feeling of complete isolation...than I have. 

In this scenario, there has been no time where I stopped to wonder if there was a part of me that did not feel pain when pain was present. I am not even aware of you when I hit my thumb with a hammer. 

At my age, I am always in some kind of pain, somewhere in my body. Now my toe is not in pain this morning. Nor is my left arm, or my head, or buttocks. But my right hand is swollen of which the cause I cannot determine. I can only guess. 

But a burn victim is in excruciating pain. The question that begs for answer or contemplation of what part of the burn victim's self does not experience pain seems rhetorical. 

Yes, these are your thoughts about pain, that you are being conscious about. And even the pain itself, you can be conscious about it. But you can also focus your consciousness on your own consciousness itself. Your awareness of your awareness itself. 

Try to hold your awareness on your awareness for atleast 20 seconds consistently without distraction. Might wanna take several minutes to accomplish it, and then tell me how you feel emotionally after that. What happens to your emotions. Do you feel a greater sense of peace and clarity like I do? Is your consciousness, your awareness, the most pure core essence of your being, like I experience it to be so for myself? 

Or do you experience something completely different. 

Edited by Everything

On 04/11/2019 at 9:05 PM, thelerner said:

I like to think that at my inner core

there a place of peace and serenity. 

Sometimes I find it

and its big and easy

Othertimes

its a small ball

in a great ocean.

Small and big, is by virtue of your focusing of your consciousness. 

The more consistently you focus on anything, the easier it becomes to expand your awareness of it. 

So if you focus consistently on your consciousness itself, being aware of your own awareness, consistently for atleast 20 seconds without interruption. 

Can you tell me, do you feel this consciousness as the peace that has always been at the core of all that you have always been and are evermore here and now being and becoming? 

Or do you experience your consciousness to be different than I do? 

• Like 1

On 04/11/2019 at 5:24 AM, Jim D. said:

It is off my own opinion and experience that mental illness is pathological self absorption. I was zigging when everyone else was zagging. Steve Martin played a character whose inside governed his outside behavior...totally two different entities attempting to do what they wanted when they wanted. What was seen was someone unable to walk down the street from A to B unencumbered. His outside wanted to go here, while his inside wanted to go there. Each had an influence on the other. It appeared totally chaotic. Poor man! To have to live like that. 

I am concerned that if a man has to observe his awareness observe his awareness, he may be flirting with developing Schizophrenia. If two components of the psyche equal two positives with positive energies, than exponentially the outcome will be negative and unhealthy.  Where is the positive in that I ask myself? 

I am just saying, that you are being conscious of these things, that are changing things, experiences and thoughts within your consciousness. But what about your consciousness itself? Does it have any unwanted aspect to itself? Is it not the pure core essence of your being, as I experience my consciousness to be? 

I am not even saying that your consciousness exists inside of you. I am saying that every experience you have ever had, has always been existing inside of your own consciousness. Do you experience it be differently? 

Edited by Everything
  • Like 1

It would be helpful to have a personal experience from you. 

I experience consciousness, pre-consciousness, and unconsciousness material that has been stored from past experiences...especially those that have been traumatic. 

I am aware of my typing now...which is consciousness.

I can tell you my Aunt Sadie's middle name after a few minutes of thinking about it...pre-conscious..."It is on the tip of my tongue."

I may remember being hit in the face with a golf club after watching a someone swing a golf club...unconsciousness...feelings of pain and what happened afterwards. 

Plato tells us that the ideas we have about life have already been there in the "World of Ideas." We need only be reacquainted with them. 

52 minutes ago, Jim D. said:

It would be helpful to have a personal experience from you. 

I experience consciousness, pre-consciousness, and unconsciousness material that has been stored from past experiences...especially those that have been traumatic. 

I am aware of my typing now...which is consciousness.

I can tell you my Aunt Sadie's middle name after a few minutes of thinking about it...pre-conscious..."It is on the tip of my tongue."

I may remember being hit in the face with a golf club after watching a someone swing a golf club...unconsciousness...feelings of pain and what happened afterwards. 

Plato tells us that the ideas we have about life have already been there in the "World of Ideas." We need only be reacquainted with them. 

Thanks!

My experience is the same up untill pre conscious.

I am aware of my typing now aswell, which I consider to be my consciousness.

However, when you say pre-consciousness, you are saying that you will be conscious about something in the next here and now. That is still a thought that exists within your consciousness. Here and now. 

You may say this thought has a strong expectation or energy momentum and thus power behind it. A certain degree of certainty that you are being conscious about. But you are still being conscious about that within your consciousness, is it not so? For me I experience it to be that way.

So as for losing your physical senses, I have lost my physical senses many times and still retained my consciousness.

You don't need to be conscious about something physical in order to be conscious. And that is the distinction I make in my own personal experience, of what people call unconsciousness. is simply a non-physical consciousness or awareness from my point of view.

I can even be conscious in my sleep, even while dreaming and also when there is no dream and no physical senses or awareness at all. Just simple pure awareness and beingness.

And that is also what I refer to the most pure definition of pure consciousness, which is simply beingness or awareness, without the "things" or beyond the "things" that we can or cannot be conscious about.

And I have found this consciousness of mine, is always high frequency, pure positive energy, beingness, core indestructable ever expanding ever refreshing and renewing and ever replenishing and ever awakening nature of my unlimitted beingness, as consciousness, simply coming to know all that is being and becoming evermore here and now, within my consciousness.

Edited by Everything

Pre-conscious: Imagine that you have watched the "trailer" of a movie you want to watch, let's say last week. When you decide that you want to watch the whole movie there are little nuisances to the movie you have forgotten. As you go through the movie you might say to yourself that you have seen this scene before and remark, yes it was in the trailer I watched. You connect the dots but not automatically. It takes some time.

4 minutes ago, Jim D. said:

Pre-conscious: Imagine that you have watched the "trailer" of a movie you want to watch, let's say last week. When you decide that you want to watch the whole movie there are little nuisances to the movie you have forgotten. As you go through the movie you might say to yourself that you have seen this scene before and remark, yes it was in the trailer I watched. You connect the dots but not automatically. It takes some time.

Yes, you or I are re-membering, thought forms, but this still happens here and now, within our consciousness. Is it not so?

Edited by Everything

13 hours ago, Everything said:

Small and big, is by virtue of your focusing of your consciousness. 

The more consistently you focus on anything, the easier it becomes to expand your awareness of it. 

So if you focus consistently on your consciousness itself, being aware of your own awareness, consistently for atleast 20 seconds without interruption. 

Can you tell me, do you feel this consciousness as the peace that has always been at the core of all that you have always been and are evermore here and now being and becoming? 

Or do you experience your consciousness to be different than I do? 

hmnn.. I don't focus consistently on my consciousness.  I don't want to set up a cycle of being so self conscious I end up with 'feed back' always second guessing.  On the otherhand it's good to spot check it, see where I'm at.. some judgment of my actions and emotions.  

My sense of inner peace, comes and goes.  I think its always there but I'm not always connected to it.  Maybe I shouldn't be.  The world requires some emotional responses- good bad ugly.. thus I screw inner peace and reach for inner child to express my distaste for the worlds madness and inconvenience. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Everything said:

Yes, you or I are re-membering, thought forms, but this still happens here and now, within our consciousness. Is it not so?

This is correct. Pre-conscious pushes forward into our awareness or consciousness.

2 hours ago, thelerner said:

hmnn.. I don't focus consistently on my consciousness.  I don't want to set up a cycle of being so self conscious I end up with 'feed back' always second guessing.  On the otherhand it's good to spot check it, see where I'm at.. some judgment of my actions and emotions.  

My sense of inner peace, comes and goes.  I think its always there but I'm not always connected to it.  Maybe I shouldn't be.  The world requires some emotional responses- good bad ugly.. thus I screw inner peace and reach for inner child to express my distaste for the worlds madness and inconvenience. 

I agree. Self consciousness as this descriptor implies is conscious of the Self. This dynamic will paralyze a person...always second guessing, or wondering what the other person thinks of me etc. Peace comes when we allow ourselves to make a decision and make corrections along the way. There is no absoluteness about making a decision and now I am done with it. 

Let's take for example a man or woman makes a commitment to marry. In the first year they are still checking each other out...and so on. There are many decisions to recommit made...sometimes on a daily basis. This way of living is healthy. It's using the intellect rather than emotions that makes it objective.

I think the Eagles band had a line in one of their songs addressing the inner child..."Shut the f..k up and get over it."

It feels like the world demands an emotional response, but I still have a choice to respond the way I want to. Feelings are not facts.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jim D. said:

I agree. Self consciousness as this descriptor implies is conscious of the Self. This dynamic will paralyze a person...always second guessing, or wondering what the other person thinks of me etc. Peace comes when we allow ourselves to make a decision and make corrections along the way. There is no absoluteness about making a decision and now I am done with it. 

I don't see it as self consciousness, as we're not talking about the egoic body.  It is more an awareness that you are not who you think you are, and the point of awareness seems to be a few inches behind the head; a sense of 'seeing' yourself engaged in the affairs of the world, but not really falling into the illusion.  If this produces second guessing, I can't imagine what one would be second guessing about.  Second guessing is a result of worrying about what others think, and when we're really in the zone, (ie. in consciousness) this just doesn't come into play.  You know that everything that is happening, or what you are doing, is exactly as it should be.

4 hours ago, Jim D. said:

This is correct. Pre-conscious pushes forward into our awareness or consciousness.

Ok so you experience things pushing into your consciousness, and you agree that that still happens within your consciousness. So what about your consciousness?

6 hours ago, thelerner said:

So being conscious about your own consciousness, suddenly makes you conscious about your thoughts? I am not talking about your thoughts, I am talking about your consciousness. Have you ever been aware/conscious of your own awareness/consciousness?

You do realise that your awareness cannot second guess, right? Your mind or your thoughts can second guess. Your consciousness is just being aware of your own second guessing or not, or whatever. Your world, your inner child, your outer child, your entire universe, your emotions, your everything. These still exist within your consciousness.  If you coulden't be conscious about these things, they woulden't exist. So can you tell me anything about your own consciousness? Anything at all?

Edited by Everything

4 hours ago, Jim D. said:

Let's take for example a man or woman makes a commitment to marry. In the first year they are still checking each other out...and so on. There are many decisions to recommit made...sometimes on a daily basis. This way of living is healthy. It's using the intellect rather than emotions that makes it objective.

I think the Eagles band had a line in one of their songs addressing the inner child..."Shut the f..k up and get over it."

It feels like the world demands an emotional response, but I still have a choice to respond the way I want to. Feelings are not facts.  

So being conscious/aware of your own consciousness/awareness suddenly makes you conscious/aware of your thoughts? I am not talking about your thoughts, I am talking about your awareness.

You do realise that your awareness cannot second guess, right? Your mind or your thoughts can second guess. Your consciousness is just being aware of your own second guessing or not, or whatever. Your world, your inner child, your outer child, your entire universe, your emotions, your everything. These still exist within your consciousness.  If you coulden't be conscious about these things, they woulden't exist. So can you tell me anything about your own consciousness, anything? Even one thing.

Edited by Everything

So again, I am going to tell you how I experience my own consciousness.

It is simply awareness. It is non tangible, non-physical. It is lighter than air, but more rich more vibrant, I cannot even put a frequency to it, it is that high of a frequency and it is that extremely light low weight, extremely non-physical, very high frequency, it is pure positive energy. It is my consciousness.

It is at the source of my being. 

And it is deeply connected to the source of all being.

It feels so free to me. My consciousness feels so light and free.

So unlimitted. So expansive and limitless.

It feels very connected very intertwined with omnipresence.

It is evermore here and now.

It feels so light! So bright.

So free and so aware. And so full of pure knowingness.

So filled with the ability to know.

So much room for more knowing.

So much full of life! It feels so alife. And so aware.

It feels like passionate beingness.

It feels like the soul of who I am.

It feels absolutely without judgement, 0 judgement whatsoever.

ALL EMBRACING all loving. All appreciative.

All accepting and evermore allowing even.

It is absolutely unheldback.

Pure positive energy, infinitely free and fast and bright.

It feels like an energy grid that is in between all things but also around all things and all over all things, and deep inside all things at the core of all things and beyond all things evermore expansive, it calls all things forward. And penetrates all things.

It feels like the highest truth. The most stable consistent thing that I have ever known it to be.

Timeless. So wise. So wise.

It is the purest thing I know of all that I have known within my beingness.

It is eternal infinite.

Evermore here and now. 

At the core of all being, at the source of all being.

It so free from all things. Yet so deeply intertwined and interconnected.

It seems to allow all being and becoming evermore here and now.

There is no resistance within my consciousness.

No self contradiction, no question. Only knowing and awareness.

Ever expansive and all integrative. All knowing and evermore knowing.

It is ever expansive. Evermore being and becoming evermore here and now.

It is so non-physical. Yet SO FULL and SO RICH of energy in evermore free enlightened motion, bright fast pure non resisted motion.

It feels like my life force. My soul. That which is at the core of me. And flows through me always. Flows to and through me always.

It seems to never waste. Always flow to perfect degree through me.

Always so balanced. So pure in alignment with all things being and becoming evermore here and now.

It is evermore flowing. The energy which moves all things. The soul of me and of all things.

And yet it simply is. No effort. There is no effort within it or of it.

It seems like my consciousness almost doesn't even belong to me. That it is part of something greater.

It is a small part of the life force of something greater that flows through me always here and now.

It is my awareness.

It is what breaths life into me.

It is what makes me alife.

It is what gives me meaning.

Yet through it, I am granted the free gift of creating my own meaning.

I am free to focus my consciousness anywhere I so wish. On anything I so wish.

Right now I am focusing on my own consciousness. And no matter how much I come to know it, it seems to keep expanding.

It keeps expanding beyond and beyond and beyond, evermore, ongoingly. 

I can never reach the edge of it. And sometimes I feel I am there and it becomes more.

There is no end to it. It just goes on forever and ever.

I think all of these words are pointless. It has no definition. It is evermore undefined. It is that which allows all defining.

It seems that whatever definition we give it, we get that back.

This may sound strange, but the greatest gift that my consciousness has given me, is that everything is meaningless. And so I feel evermore free to give it any meaning I so wish, and receive it right back in evermore full blown ever expanding fashion of evermore greater allowed conscious co-realisation.

Infinite freedom. Infinite love. Infinite support. Unconditional love and support. Unconditional support love and freedom.

Nothing is impossible. Everything is allowed.

We are free to be conscious about anything, as even tho consciousness we observe, we create our own observation. Consciousness is the purest gift of life and creation. And ever expansion of all being and becoming evermore here and now.

Edited by Everything