zero

internal anger

Anger drains vital energy. But what about in situations where you are literally being forced to fight because others force that hate and anger your way. Can anger can be vibrationally empowering if it means self defense?

As I understand it, anger is in the domain of mind not body so in the domain of preheaven energy. So it's a matter of circulating preheaven energy. Similarly to postheaven energy making one ... let's say: horny. 

So similarly as there is no innately only-sex energy there is no innately only-anger energy. 

So Yes, you can immitate the anger movement in a consciouss manner which is a cultivation of ones power in a totally empowering way.I think I've seen more than one sage mention we should be ever so slightly anger at all times.

It's my experience that the external situations that you find yourself in are a representation of what's going on inside and what type of vibrations you choose to project. If you are forced into a particular situation, you probably put yourself there.

• Like 2

Anger creates habituation to anger - it plows deep furrows within ones physical, gross subtle and subtle bodies. It supports identifications, mind loops and increased fight or flight modes.

It is among the most difficult complex rigidized patternings to relinquish - it can take decades to truly move beyond in the most ardent pursuit of freedom from it once it has been truly been accommodated for by what would be best termed as incorrect thinking - unskillful means.

This is completely different than a truly instinctive action related to actual threat and attack - not of words - though words may indicate a need for decisive action and a clear and present real danger. Unfortunately prior indulgence in reactionary anger will often destroy or deeply incapacitated ones ability to deal with dangerous or likely harmful situations by reading into them and exacerbating them rather than being capable of rational and or clear headed spontaneous reactions. Spontaneous reactions often immediately veer to identifications and rigidized patterns deep within and have disproportionate energetic explosiveness.

This has nothing what so ever to do with the advocation of dullness and fence sitting - one can have the fullest of passion and articulation and the full range of voice to ones thoughts and emotions - but regular indulgence and admiration for rage and anger will create passageways for extreme explosion like major canals and dams and walls that have been built to override, wall off and overprotect identifications with ones positions and proclivities.

In a fight - a real fight - anger is of no use - and there is no time for it - no indulgence in it. It is entirely wasteful and an interference in the spontaneity of the moment. However it can certainly look useful and can make entirely inhumane and barbaric action appear perfectly sane - and in certain totally insane times anger can make a slaughter seem like the thing to do.

Contemplating its utility is often already an indication that your back story likes the idea of it being useful and is probably already a significant part of ones identifications, positions and "birthright".  It is often associated with Decisiveness and this is not an unreasonable association. 

Decisiveness very often requires bringing a sort of redness of energies to conflicting ideas - inclinations - others input and general inertias. A clarifying ending energy to cease engagement in the babble and talk - this redness of energy is a clearing energy that looks like anger but it does not have to be anger - it can simply be a heating of energies - a clearing energy - and it often appears visibly as Red though it may also be a higher lavender or electric blue - and many other options and varieties.

In the simplest sense Anger is imbalance - identification.

Edited by Spotless
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 3

On 11/7/2019 at 11:46 AM, Spotless said:

In the simplest sense Anger is imbalance - identification.

Hi Spotless,

Are you saying that anger is unncessary or may be unnatural? If not, in what cases do you use it?

On 10/31/2019 at 12:05 PM, zero said:

Anger drains vital energy. But what about in situations where you are literally being forced to fight because others force that hate and anger your way. Can anger can be vibrationally empowering if it means self defense?

Anger is a low frequency energy and it brings your vibrational frequency down. If you are exposed to an angry environment, it will take a lot out of you (drain you). At a certain point, one can get to a point where these negative energies cannot even penetrate your field. For that one has to become 'solid' in terms of their energy field. The best defense from low frequency emotions like anger, hatred, jealousy etc are to raise your own energetic frequency and develop a massive energetic field and mental range. 

• Like 4

Since you posted the exact same thing elsewhere I will repost this here and add something else.

On 11/1/2019 at 11:33 AM, Earl Grey said:

Here's my experience with anger and combat: 

It feels empowering, but you're actually quite vulnerable. An experienced fighter, whether they do Judo or Aikido, or any internal art, has a great degree of control and sensitivity along with flow

Before I learned any of this, I was bullied a lot and thought by exploding that I could surprise my enemies and overpower them. 

What happens is that you look like a child throwing a temper tantrum. You become as easy to control as a toddler throwing a tantrum whose parents are bigger and stronger and gentler

I am not tall, but when I had a former patient doing this during one of his more difficult moments, I was able to control him by staying calm. I say patient by the way because he was never going to develop any internal skill until he grew up and matured from being a perpetual 10 year-old at the age of 33. 

The patient was drunk and belligerent, and had an audience to show off to, thinking he could beat me and look good because I just happened to be with him as a chaperone for the weekend. While remaining calm, my body instinctively applied the sensing hands to hold and simultaneously parry and block the way anyone who does tuishou would understand best as controlling the opponent. 

Palms stuck to his forearms and redirecting him in a circular manner while walking around him and pushing him back gently as he began sweating and desperately flailing about, getting angry because his punches were getting nowhere. He began shouting at me saying I'm cheap and he tries to kick me, and I simply move one hand down to catch it and redirect it before throwing him up and backwards. Mind you, he's almost a full head taller than me as I'm only 1.7m tall. 

This is the story I use as an example as to why uncontrollable anger can't beat someone who is calm and skilled, and I have seen people do this time and again whether they were Israeli army veterans in a marketplace, Turkish oil wrestlers who are known to be sportsmen rather than fighters and don't consider themselves fighters either, Muay Thai boxing champion retirees who were defending ladyboys from being harassed by foreigner bigots, or former Navy SEALs at a bar who sidestep someone and kick their hind knee. 

Anger at its base is an expression of frustration, often from pain and unmet needs according to primal therapy. It is also a form of feeling unfairness or injustice as Brenee Brown discusses in one of her lectures.

Anger is not power but it’s a fire behind the engine.

Anger when it’s righteous like Martin Luther King fighting for civil rights is different when it’s anger from white incel boys complaining about interracial relationships like Elliot Rodger.

You decide what to do with your anger rather than letting your anger control you. A voice, an opinion, like all other emotions in your mind. Not an authority or a master.

Edited by Earl Grey
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, welkin said:

Hi Spotless,

Are you saying that anger is unncessary or may be unnatural? If not, in what cases do you use it?

In part my answer reflects  what Dwai state above - it is a low frequency and an identified frequency - it is a past time reflection of who you are not in the present moment. A reflection of rigidized patterns within.

I do not "use anger" but I am sometimes lost in it for a short time. Anger is essentially losing oneself.

It is possible to be "at red" instantaneously - and it may appear to be anger but if one could see, it does not have to throw energy at a perceived threat and it does not have to displace centeredness. In this case it is not anger but a cleansing so to speak of lower vibration (often coming from within as a residual of patterned reactiveness). It is a high degree of neutrality and it is attained again as Dwai stated above: 

"At a certain point, one can get to a point where these negative energies cannot even penetrate your field. For that one has to become 'solid' in terms of their energy field. The best defense from low frequency emotions like anger, hatred, jealousy etc are to raise your own energetic frequency and develop a massive energetic field and mental range. "

It is an interesting concept that is nearly always entirely misunderstood - it is understood in Perfect Perfection Concepts - but this is unnecessary and constraining in a most unproductive way:

Imagine you are a big huge super friendly and very physically strong dog - pretty much no dog will bother your equilibrium - your state of happy mellow at ease-ness. 

Becoming neutral - being in self - oneness - approaching these things - one eases off reactionary patterns and they are broken and fall away in practice. This in and off itself slowly removes the dissipation of energies from the increasingly discarded patterns of reaction - it takes perseverence in dropping likes and dislikes that are identifications with otherness - me-ness. 

As the monkey grasps about less and less the higher expanded energies become available - simply in part because they now exist because they have not been dissipated and have had time to transform into higher energies and energies from which the gross physical, gross subtle and subtle bodies can grow beyond the base energies that abound.

Increasingly - from simple perseverance in the basics of practice in embodiment, transformation makes buoyant ones spirit and light within the relative and non-dual alike. The energies become simply beyond words and ones reality is not IN conflict - in a sense - a very real sense - one becomes invisible to a great many energies and encounters.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Spotless said:

In part my answer reflects  what Dwai state above - it is a low frequency and an identified frequency - it is a past time reflection of who you are not in the present moment. A reflection of rigidized patterns within.

I do not "use anger" but I am sometimes lost in it for a short time. Anger is essentially losing oneself.

It is possible to be "at red" instantaneously - and it may appear to be anger but if one could see, it does not have to throw energy at a perceived threat and it does not have to displace centeredness. In this case it is not anger but a cleansing so to speak of lower vibration (often coming from within as a residual of patterned reactiveness). It is a high degree of neutrality and it is attained again as Dwai stated above: 

"At a certain point, one can get to a point where these negative energies cannot even penetrate your field. For that one has to become 'solid' in terms of their energy field. The best defense from low frequency emotions like anger, hatred, jealousy etc are to raise your own energetic frequency and develop a massive energetic field and mental range. "

It is an interesting concept that is nearly always entirely misunderstood - it is understood in Perfect Perfection Concepts - but this is unnecessary and constraining in a most unproductive way:

Imagine you are a big huge super friendly and very physically strong dog - pretty much no dog will bother your equilibrium - your state of happy mellow at ease-ness. 

Becoming neutral - being in self - oneness - approaching these things - one eases off reactionary patterns and they are broken and fall away in practice. This in and off itself slowly removes the dissipation of energies from the increasingly discarded patterns of reaction - it takes perseverence in dropping likes and dislikes that are identifications with otherness - me-ness. 

As the monkey grasps about less and less the higher expanded energies become available - simply in part because they now exist because they have not been dissipated and have had time to transform into higher energies and energies from which the gross physical, gross subtle and subtle bodies can grow beyond the base energies that abound.

Increasingly - from simple perseverance in the basics of practice in embodiment, transformation makes buoyant ones spirit and light within the relative and non-dual alike. The energies become simply beyond words and ones reality is not IN conflict - in a sense - a very real sense - one becomes invisible to a great many energies and encounters.

I agree with some of the things you mention, and do have some alternative perspectives. But just to clarify, because you are mentioning all the reasons we shouldn't use it. Are you saying it is unnecessary or unnatural?

A thought that comes to mind and something i have observed throughout my life. Everyone seems to be more and more disgusted/frowned up/scared for getting/feeling angry. I'm not saying one should be angry all the time. But i am pretty sure anger exists for good reasons as well as bad ones, and the perspective or opinion on what in of itself is, seems to have been and continues to be manipulated.

I see a world that yes may be less angry outwardly, but i see a lot of anger/bitterness/ growing inside. and it's almost unidentifiable, because we've taught everyone just how well to hide it.

Here's a thought experiment. if we knew the truth about everything, and we found out that anger was an innate and required part of our being because it does help us survive by finding out what's wrong, sensing/feeling motives, and can provide a solutions that other emotions may not depending on situation. etc.

And what if over a period of time we're influenced into thinking that it's all wrong, that it looks bad to others, it's easily manipulable. We would probably see all the negative aspects of its existence. We'd avoid it because it causes all this pain and negativity.

Not to mention we always hear to not be angry, because life is too short, and every moment of it should be happy. :D Our lives are so scarce that we should avoid anger.

And in the times or areas where the only emotion that can exist is anger, yet we are now forced to find another way to act or be? We'd be a very confused species. Frowning upon anger, not wanting to be angry, judging anger, holding oneself to that standard which means no one else can be angry either.

This all depends incredibly highly on the person, time period, situation, etc.

Edited by welkin

People who have anger problems are not actually angry.

They have a problem because they strongly repress their anger, this is what they are taught ... the origin of being taught to suppress your anger comes from the power structure that wants to keep you down, to drain you of your strength.

When animals get "angry" they don't think about it because it is simply time-to-do-something.

"Anger" is a word used to describe what happens when you are mistaught to crush your own natural reactions and then feel in conflict with yourself.

After that a lot of therapists and other fake cowards turn up to teach you how to "manage your anger" and be just as idiot of them.

• Like 1

On 11/10/2019 at 12:07 AM, welkin said:

I agree with some of the things you mention, and do have some alternative perspectives. But just to clarify, because you are mentioning all the reasons we shouldn't use it. Are you saying it is unnecessary or unnatural?

A thought that comes to mind and something i have observed throughout my life. Everyone seems to be more and more disgusted/frowned up/scared for getting/feeling angry. I'm not saying one should be angry all the time. But i am pretty sure anger exists for good reasons as well as bad ones, and the perspective or opinion on what in of itself is, seems to have been and continues to be manipulated.

I see a world that yes may be less angry outwardly, but i see a lot of anger/bitterness/ growing inside. and it's almost unidentifiable, because we've taught everyone just how well to hide it.

Here's a thought experiment. if we knew the truth about everything, and we found out that anger was an innate and required part of our being because it does help us survive by finding out what's wrong, sensing/feeling motives, and can provide a solutions that other emotions may not depending on situation. etc.

And what if over a period of time we're influenced into thinking that it's all wrong, that it looks bad to others, it's easily manipulable. We would probably see all the negative aspects of its existence. We'd avoid it because it causes all this pain and negativity.

Not to mention we always hear to not be angry, because life is too short, and every moment of it should be happy. :D Our lives are so scarce that we should avoid anger.

And in the times or areas where the only emotion that can exist is anger, yet we are now forced to find another way to act or be? We'd be a very confused species. Frowning upon anger, not wanting to be angry, judging anger, holding oneself to that standard which means no one else can be angry either.

This all depends incredibly highly on the person, time period, situation, etc.

It is a mistake to look at "Anger" as a thing that we can disregard or avoid like gum on the sidewalk (or embrace)  - it is not outside of our inner makeup. And our inner makeup - the Karma's we are IN - the grasping that we hold ourselves in - this is something we can view in our daily lives.  

We have in a sense two parts of our life - one that is comprised of thousands of lives all waiting to jump out of the bottle at any given moment - our Monkey Lives - the person that is comprised of all the "I's" we are know by - and the Self, the untarnished unborn and spotless Beingness that is Divine Essence - Light.

In the seeing of the monkey - no judgement is cast - the Light simply alights on what the monkey's can and might hear - the "monkey's" being those "I"s in the bottle - and the bottle is who people identify as "Me".

It comes to the comprised bottle of monkey's we call Me intuitively that "something is happening here" that it may wish to attend to.

Some in the monkey mass may attend to it as a group of the diverse "I"s coalesce around it and begin to make an effort to fix or thwart or increase or decrease the "something [that] is happening here".

This is the ongoing unfolding floating generally robotic burping we call Me - we are essentially group protests and "think" tanks mostly bounced around on an inner pin ball table of instinctive reactions and inclinations with added fluctuations in the regurgitations and digestion of various food and drink and with respect to the agitations of the planets and the time of the day and heat and humidity and sound touch smell .....

The extremes of our inner protests may lead to theocracies and perfect perfection pictures that tend to lead to suicides or murder.

The extremes may also take the Apple Polisher approach in which "one" proceeds calmly and perfectly in trying to make no waves and following all properly posted carrots and using disinfectants regularly.

The extremes of our inner protests can also lead to the general denial of intuition or a walling off of the composite bottle of "I"s to "whim" and in general inner or outer whisperings of the heart.  

These are example of somewhat consolidated approaches by a group of "I"s trying to organize the general mass of "I"s to slow down what is essentially the observation that huge amounts of energy are being dissipated by a vast number of discordant "I"s pacing about on their own time and at any moment speaking for the whole.

In the general makeup of the vast mass of "I"s comprising what a human takes themselves to be - there are some established groups of Me-ness in that mass of "I"s that Speak Loudly. Some are connected directly to the nervous system and say or yell "ouch!!!!" when things hurt the body. Some groups make it very well know they are hungry or that it is too hot or too humid or some general grunt that they feel is of the utmost immediacy. And without pointing out all of the unionized groups and tangential groups we have the "I"s that get angry - and they have their reasons for getting angry - in some cases it is literally their birthright according to them and their lore.

At some point some of the "I"s may group up and look at how to approach the "problem" of the discordant masses and the dissipation of resources. This group of "I"s is still the Monkey - they are swaying about on a life raft easily disbanded by a wave or a puncture. Some take to fishing, others believe it is all hopeless, some try and get everybody to pray or sing or play cards in order to get by and wait it out - others try to sew together sails and some start to look at others as food.

Nothing is tidy about ones lives as a human - each time one is identified in a particular "I" one is in that life - in a day one can "lead" many lives - to clarify this:

Remember a time when at night you set your alarm - the "I" setting it decided to set it at 5am because all things considered 5am was the best time to get up and start the day. The next morning the "I" that woke up to that alarm immediately pressed the snooze feature thinking that 10 minutes would be more appropriate. 10 minutes later another "I" decides that 7am would be better and resets the alarm and goes back to sleep. At 7am another group of "I"s wakes up an realizes that there is no time to waste but that is then interceded by another group of "I"s that decide it is already too late and being this late would create all sorts of explanations for being late so they conceive of a plan to call in sick and this then leads to another group of "I"s that are best at lying and acting and then the phone call or email is made and then general group decides that sleep is still a resounding favorite and off they go.

Back to the life raft - 

At some point someone on the life raft may start to go nuts - they begin by taking about sinking the boat and being done with it - then they start trying to stab the boat and flail about with a knife. The crew on board need to make a decision - the immediate response is to secure the person possibly by a sudden blow - this is not a thought out response and it is not IN Anger - the "I" that has gone nuts is an immediate threat to all of the "I"s existence. If the crew member is killed by the action it is not taken as something needing punishment but rather only sadness and on some level relief from the dead persons threat because of its loss of self control. This is a daily occurrence in the life of a human - not always intense or so fateful but big as well as petty whims and inclinations come and go constantly.

We go into a thanksgiving dinner knowing we will be with people who agitate us and some group of "I"s say - "don't talk politics with this person and don't drink too much".  We get there and someone shows off a prized collection of fine wine and another sticks a current political debate in our face and off we are to a whole new set of "I"s that result in any number of fiascos and or fuming deliberations and resolutions on what to do differently next year.

We think again and again that we are one "I" - and that we are in control - we want to think that Anger is an option like a glass of water. It generally takes decades to realize that walling off and controlling things is a fantasy as an approach to real change - walling off and controlling is a slow death and typically an already robotized and largely burped along life goes from one of sleep to the walking dead - one that is nearly entirely patterned and rigidized in beliefs, commitments to our mind loops and politics and DNA proclivities - and the God of our perceived abilities to conceptualize which by then is so myopic as to allow for nearly no other view than ones own nose and everything is framed from filter upon filter based in our fears and angers and habituations which now act as our comfort foods and sleeping pills.

We may find Practice - it may find Us - it smooths the energies and clumps of "I"s that clog the Light - consistently ebbing away residual Karmic resonances that we tried on and have moved from but that still hold us in some areas. Practice moves us through Karmic resonances that we are just entering into and through those that we are fully grasped in. Practice is not a calisthenic - it is the trinity of our humanness in Presence and the unwavering resonance of Presence dismembering darkness.

• Like 1

So in your opinion, one's usage of language is what determines their true intentions? Such as using the word "I"?

Have you ever thought, the person might have had some sort of trauma where their ability to communicate is maybe different than the rest? Where their intention is in one direction, but their ability to communicate what they truly mean is not developed enough or blocked?

I ask, because what you're speaking about seems to be one big judgment on what you believe "I" or "ego" is, which is what i assume you are trying to communicate.

Now, if you don't believe what i'm mentioning above is true. I can easily counter by stating, there are probably millions, if not billions of people who don't really communicate what they feel. And that can mean communication in so many ways, from how you look at someone, to how you smirk, to words used, to how you use one eye, both eyes, your anxious movements, energy emoting, etc. etc. etc.

Now, imagine a world where most of us believe that we understand what ego really is without having gone through a complete transformation spiritually, and instead use our intellect to discern what that looks like.

Do you not believe if you have the ability to "discern" what ego is, the "ego" has the ability to create and appear however it wants outwardly? And then combine that with traumatized individuals who are not on the river road to finding that truth.

This is all just on the subject of "I's" because it seemed so important.

On the topic of anger again. If you believe that anger is not a right of yours, then i don't really know what else to say. I actually believe what you're saying as not true, as true. it's just as much an option as your right to drink water.

Does it mean you use it all the time? Or even at inconvenient times? NO... But you could? Mistakes through anger are mistakes to learn from. To hate yourself or to accept others' shame for it, will only make you hate yourself further, because it's impossible to not have that exist as part of your nature. Which i believe i justified in my previous post different ways one requires it.

Let me rephrase what i'm saying.

Anger is part of the formula to find the truth. It's part of the alchemical process one will be utilizing to find truth not only physically, but spiritually.

All i'm saying is let anger be and let it be for what it is, not what you think.

It also means, one choosing to stay there is one's responsibility and choice. But to say no to it, to neglect it, to feel shame for it, to feel wrongness for it, and to not analyze it. One is depriving oneself of finding the opposite of it.

If you take it further, we all know we are each living our own life/spiritual journeys in this timeline, which is a result of all our other ones. Going through certain types of anger can be one person's journey now, and someone else's later.

Oppressing this is oppressing whatever we had to go through before to get here today, or to oppress whatever it is yet you have to go through.

Edited by welkin

On 11/21/2019 at 6:55 AM, welkin said:

So in your opinion, one's usage of language is what determines their true intentions? Such as using the word "I"?

Have you ever thought, the person might have had some sort of trauma where their ability to communicate is maybe different than the rest? Where their intention is in one direction, but their ability to communicate what they truly mean is not developed enough or blocked?

I ask, because what you're speaking about seems to be one big judgment on what you believe "I" or "ego" is, which is what i assume you are trying to communicate.

Now, if you don't believe what i'm mentioning above is true. I can easily counter by stating, there are probably millions, if not billions of people who don't really communicate what they feel. And that can mean communication in so many ways, from how you look at someone, to how you smirk, to words used, to how you use one eye, both eyes, your anxious movements, energy emoting, etc. etc. etc.

Now, imagine a world where most of us believe that we understand what ego really is without having gone through a complete transformation spiritually, and instead use our intellect to discern what that looks like.

Do you not believe if you have the ability to "discern" what ego is, the "ego" has the ability to create and appear however it wants outwardly? And then combine that with traumatized individuals who are not on the river road to finding that truth.

This is all just on the subject of "I's" because it seemed so important.

On the topic of anger again. If you believe that anger is not a right of yours, then i don't really know what else to say. I actually believe what you're saying as not true, as true. it's just as much an option as your right to drink water.

Does it mean you use it all the time? Or even at inconvenient times? NO... But you could? Mistakes through anger are mistakes to learn from. To hate yourself or to accept others' shame for it, will only make you hate yourself further, because it's impossible to not have that exist as part of your nature. Which i believe i justified in my previous post different ways one requires it.

Let me rephrase what i'm saying.

Anger is part of the formula to find the truth. It's part of the alchemical process one will be utilizing to find truth not only physically, but spiritually.

All i'm saying is let anger be and let it be for what it is, not what you think.

It also means, one choosing to stay there is one's responsibility and choice. But to say no to it, to neglect it, to feel shame for it, to feel wrongness for it, and to not analyze it. One is depriving oneself of finding the opposite of it.

If you take it further, we all know we are each living our own life/spiritual journeys in this timeline, which is a result of all our other ones. Going through certain types of anger can be one person's journey now, and someone else's later.

Oppressing this is oppressing whatever we had to go through before to get here today, or to oppress whatever it is yet you have to go through.

It appears you did not read what I wrote but responded with reaction and then near the end you speak of Oppressing as though to infer that something I wrote promoted oppressing something. 

My response was entirely to the nature of your original message - which conveyed Anger as a sort of useable tool of which we are generally in control. It is not a "useable tool" but rather what I described above - much more of a Happening.

Specifically I mentioned that no judgment upon it or toward it was helpful - and Specifically that overall the idea of it as a Tool somewhat laughable. Anger is reactionary - a tool is something you choose to employ. If you "choose to employ Anger" it is called Acting - and yes you can cross the line from Acting to being lost in the acting and consumed by it. 

It is easy to be fooled by what we think we can pick and choose to "do"

To be less IN Anger was never - nor will it ever be - effectively reduced by oppression of it (without at the very least considerable backlash in other areas within) - but practicing mindfulness and learning what catalyzes Anger within us can lead us to far more effectively Being.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Spotless said:

It appears you did not read what I wrote but responded with reaction and then near the end you speak of Oppressing as though to infer that something I wrote promoted oppressing something. 

My response was entirely to the nature of your original message - which conveyed Anger as a sort of useable tool of which we are generally in control. It is not a "useable tool" but rather what I described above - much more of a Happening.

Specifically I mentioned that no judgment upon it or toward it was helpful - and Specifically that overall the idea of it as a Tool somewhat laughable. Anger is reactionary - a tool is something you choose to employ. If you "choose to employ Anger" it is called Acting - and yes you can cross the line from Acting to being lost in the acting and consumed by it. 

It is easy to be fooled by what we think we can pick and choose to "do"

To be less IN Anger was never - nor will it ever be - effectively reduced by oppression of it (without at the very least considerable backlash in other areas within) - but practicing mindfulness and learning what catalyzes Anger within us can lead us to far more effectively Being.

agreed. now balance is restored. based on what you're now saying

Edited by welkin

Regarding Anger in general with regard to practice 

Breath into the LDT

Breath into the abdomen

Have your awareness there

If you come to know this breath - many waves will no longer linger.

On 08/11/2019 at 1:51 AM, 子泰 said:

It's my experience that the external situations that you find yourself in are a representation of what's going on inside and what type of vibrations you choose to project. If you are forced into a particular situation, you probably put yourself there.

I agree and well expressed, 子泰 .

My concept is that one's only real protection from anger begins -- after seeing the harm in its expression -- with making a commitment to peacefulness. That tranquility has its source in the higher nature which has no anger or any other intense emotional passion. The only way to deal with negative emotions is to preclude their ever beginning; once they start expressing at all one has failed, and only a commitment to a spiritual path offers this preclusion of chaos.

The following is a post summary of a poem I wrote a la Lao Tzu called "Slaying Dragons":

"In summary, successful 'dragon slaying' is a matter of 'precluding dragons' or preventing them from disturbing one's peace at all. In essence, a 'conquered dragon' is actually a 'dragon of self' that never disturbs one's tranquility, or 'never appears before you', because once the man of Tao perceives a 'deadly dragon' in front of him, he is already finished. The man of Tao can only strive to stay in the protection of the positive Tao as long as possible; if he can do this, he is happy and peaceful, and he never actually 'slays a dragon' because they don't appear before him. The term 'dragon slaying' should technically be 'dragon preclusion', but that reality wouldn't go over in stories or movies about noble wizards, would it?"

Anger goes away when you constructively deal with a situation that bothers you. The environment around me right now is full of anger, and it is unavoidable as I have to operate out there, no choice in the matter. Find pragmatic ways to avoid the fight, and if adversity does come your way, pacify as best as possible.

Then rant to your friends on the phone about it. Or here :)

• Haha 1