Tryingtodobetter

How do I get rid of these sensations?

It was probably a year ago, during the middle of the night I was awakened by owls hooting loudly from a rooftop across the street. I got up from bed and noticed strange muscle spasms in my legs. The faucet was running for seemingly no reason. The owls kept hooting loudly for a short time before flying off. Given the owls presence and the new sensations in my legs and the faucet that was running, I had a difficult time getting back to sleep.

During that happening Iot  felt what I perceived to be a negative energy during this- the kind that makes the hairs on your body stand up, I think a lot of people just call it fear- however I used to feel it at times during the day when the house was empty and occassionally in a public space at night. It almost felt electric or that i was being attacked in some way, I had tried praying at the time and it still persisted.

I say that because I'm unsure whether the muscle spasms and shocks that i feel on my legs is supernatural in nature, a result of something man made or just a biological tick that can be easily remedied. The reason I think it may be one of those things is because the spasms and shocks appear to respond to my thought processes. I'm not sure which side is good or bad, though whatever is doing it appears to use a system- I dont know. 

While I had the delusion that I was being watched or observed, this physical phenomena is a little more difficult to dismiss and to deal with in general

It is difficult to meditate, pray or do much of anything that requires prolonged concentration when this thing keeps shocking me and causing spasms in my legs. Even just trying to maintain a decent train of thought is difficult because it shocks my legs or causes them to spasm when I think certain thoughts. While it has been more difficult than it previously was to do certain things, I have been trying and powering through some of the shocks and spasms in an attempt to bring my thinking and behavior back to my personal normal. There is also a strange gurgling in my stomach at times, and sometimes it almost feels as if the energy is trying to rise tho is trapped into my stomach region- I know this all may arrive vague and unsubstantiated, however in the context of some undisclosed things I've experienced I feel as though something is not normal 

Thank you for taking the time to read this

I would be very grateful if anyone knows how to cease this phenomena entirely 

Edited by Tryingtodobetter

Spasms in meditation are actually not uncommon. In the beginning, I, my peers, and some students all felt involuntary movements. Energy is being moved and it will eventually find stillness. Based on what you say, your emotional and mental trauma is expressing itself in a psychosomatic manner. With proper practice, it will eventually end. Keep at it and eventually as you physically shake trauma out it will lead to some stillness.

In our school, we accelerate the process through both proper golden flower seated meditation and Zhan Zhuang  in embracing position for example, but beyond that, it is best you consult with your teacher or those with seniority in the system of meditation you practice to help.

Edited by Earl Grey
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Tryingtodobetter said:

I know this all may arrive vague and unsubstantiated, however in the context of some undisclosed things I've experienced I feel as though something is not normal 

I'm gonna share my perspective incase you might find it useful perhaps. And I'm not certain about your situation or what or why you're actually describing.

Everything sounds normal to me. It sounds a bit as if you're tired but you can't sleep but you would like to sleep.

And since you have leg muscle spasm, combined with feeling tired, that might both be medication side effects.

Otherwise, you might've had a very energetic active day, and just having trouble falling asleep.

Or have had a very good feeling relaxing day and and actually have too much energy to sleep.

Sometimes we're less tired than we think, and then we go to sleep and basically you think you're tired, but your leggs are full of energy, and you're getting uncomfortable from laying down and staying still. So your body might be wanting to move. Even tho you might think you wanna sleep or you are suppose to sleep.

But you gotta feel your heart and emotions to feel like what feels better to you to know your path of least resistance in relationship to everything that you have now become in relationship to all that is now here for you, and your path to all that you want.

That's your guidance. So also know, your guidance is unique in every single new here and now moment. So don't think that if you felt good sleeping at this time that now it will be the same. It's always different every moment. So always check with your heart if what you're doing or thinking actually feels good to you. If not, find something that feels better.

And when you actually follow the guidance, you will know why it is different incase it is. Your soul always knows the path of least resistance towards anything and everything you can ever want to be do or have. IF you are willing to follow the guidance towards that which ongoingly feels emotionally better to you, with zero judgement or assumption or expectation as to what the outcome should be whatsoever. Just completely objective following the emotional guidance system. To align and synchronise your mind with your own greater non-physical consciousness, naturally and effortlessly. So that you do have acces to your own greater knowing, regarding these "phenomena" or any phenomena whatsoever, whenever, wherever.

Edited by Everything

This morning I feel them mostly in my feet. I also feel them occasionally in a sacr on my arm where a doctor/nurse put in a "medical honey" is what she referred to it as. She talked about transcendence and I asked her what her tattoo meant in her finger and she said "it means transcendence" and I responded that it was a fire sign, because it was the triangular alchemical symbol for fire

What do I do to stop the sensations i mentioned in my original post and this comment?

I am wondering why I am experiencing them and what the significance of the owls were. The sensations have been annoying me this morning. When i was initially going to read this post and clicked back I felt pulses in my left foot and even as I was typing this I keep feeling pulses in my right leg

8 minutes ago, Tryingtodobetter said:

What do I do to stop the sensations i mentioned in my original post and this comment?

Either you weren't paying attention to the first response I made or you missed the point: they won't go away by force, they will go away gradually after doing proper meditation to relieve tension and trauma. 

• Like 1

What is it you want to be experiencing rather than this? Focus your mind on that and expand your awareness on that, and utilize your emotional guidance system to get you focused in the right direction of preference. Because we cannot feel what you are feeling so we cannot know what you are experience and neither your path of least resistance towards the greater allowed realisation of what it is you do want and so we can also not know what it is you do want or prefer, as much as your own greater non-physical consciousness can and does know it for you and offers you evermore unconditional support and love through your valuable emotional guidance system to help you get pointed on the right track. 

So for example, what about not having this sensation, feels better to you? If it does at all, that is. What would you want to be doing when you don't have this sensation. Or what would you feel is better than this sensation. This will help clarify the condition aswell, as you understand more clearly what it is you are actually wanting in relationship to this experience you say you are having and how it relates to you or anything at all. 

For again, if this sensation feels uncomfortable to you, then focus on what would feel comfortable to you, and imagine it even to feel it first as the lack of frustration and how that would feel like. And you will feel the greater contentment, and as you live that more you will naturally be inspired to bring this condition to greater allowed realisation for yourself. Even if that means mediating, like earl grey mentioned. If you simply know what you want with greater clarity, you will also naturally be more inspired to act more fully in greater allowed alignment and accordance with that of your own natural preference, that you can feel emotionally, if you are focused into the greater allowed realisation of it for yourself. 

Edited by Everything

15 hours ago, Earl Grey said:

Spasms in meditation are actually not uncommon. In the beginning, I, my peers, and some students all felt involuntary movements. Energy is being moved and it will eventually find stillness. Based on what you say, your emotional and mental trauma is expressing itself in a psychosomatic manner. With proper practice, it will eventually end. Keep at it and eventually as you physically shake trauma out it will lead to some stillness.

In our school, we accelerate the process through both proper golden flower seated meditation and Zhan Zhuang  in embracing position for example, but beyond that, it is best you consult with your teacher or those with seniority in the system of meditation you practice to help.

This didnt happen in meditation.

Did you read my initial post in full?

I'm wondering if you read it because you're talking about meditation and this didnt start happening in meditation, I provided decent context and none of it included meditation

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Tryingtodobetter said:

This didnt happen in meditation.

Did you read my initial post in full?

I'm wondering if you read it because you're talking about meditation and this didnt start happening in meditation, I provided decent context and none of it included meditation

it is an example of how we recognize these spasms are there or discover them and if you didn’t pick up, how to rid yourself of them. Seems like you’re not getting the point still and I think I’ll just leave you be after attempting to reach out across multiple threads and apparently failing to communicate that. Good luck.

Try smudging yourself and your entire house. Get rid of any entities that don't have your best interest. Another thing that worked for me was looking at myself on the black screen tv. I got an enormous amount of chills. Almost like i could identify whatever else was living inside me. I let myself feel these tingling sensations, shocks, fear, etc. Let yourself feel it, and know that it cannot hurt you. Once you realize that it can't, it will slowly go away, and tell it (yourself on tv) only that which you want, can exist inside you.

I do not know your gender or age but an antidepressant ,Wellbutrin,  may be the course of treatment for what you have reported as issues for you. I have been told that this medication has relieved symptoms of nervous leg syndrome. 

On 10/29/2019 at 6:49 PM, Tryingtodobetter said:

It was probably a year ago, during the middle of the night I was awakened by owls hooting loudly from a rooftop across the street. I got up from bed and noticed strange muscle spasms in my legs. The faucet was running for seemingly no reason. The owls kept hooting loudly for a short time before flying off. Given the owls presence and the new sensations in my legs and the faucet that was running, I had a difficult time getting back to sleep.

During that happening Iot  felt what I perceived to be a negative energy during this- the kind that makes the hairs on your body stand up, I think a lot of people just call it fear- however I used to feel it at times during the day when the house was empty and occassionally in a public space at night. It almost felt electric or that i was being attacked in some way, I had tried praying at the time and it still persisted.

I say that because I'm unsure whether the muscle spasms and shocks that i feel on my legs is supernatural in nature, a result of something man made or just a biological tick that can be easily remedied. The reason I think it may be one of those things is because the spasms and shocks appear to respond to my thought processes. I'm not sure which side is good or bad, though whatever is doing it appears to use a system- I dont know. 

While I had the delusion that I was being watched or observed, this physical phenomena is a little more difficult to dismiss and to deal with in general

It is difficult to meditate, pray or do much of anything that requires prolonged concentration when this thing keeps shocking me and causing spasms in my legs. Even just trying to maintain a decent train of thought is difficult because it shocks my legs or causes them to spasm when I think certain thoughts. While it has been more difficult than it previously was to do certain things, I have been trying and powering through some of the shocks and spasms in an attempt to bring my thinking and behavior back to my personal normal. There is also a strange gurgling in my stomach at times, and sometimes it almost feels as if the energy is trying to rise tho is trapped into my stomach region- I know this all may arrive vague and unsubstantiated, however in the context of some undisclosed things I've experienced I feel as though something is not normal 

There are a number of ways this could be looked at. I don't know what thoughts you are having which correlate with which sensations for you, but perhaps the simplest way to look at this would be subconscious awareness of "whatever" manifesting as physical sensations. As the feet and legs generally correlate with the hell realms and variations of anger and or resentment, perhaps there is suppression manifesting as it seems to inevitably do..

As for the stomach, it's correlated with where we hold our ideas of self, and perhaps more importantly the processing of life experiences..

I'm not big on reification - which to my understanding can lead to stagnation and some of the issues you're dealing with.

I would suggest exploring ideas of your own sovereignty. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ilumairen said:

There are a number of ways this could be looked at. I don't know what thoughts you are having which correlate with which sensations for you, but perhaps the simplest way to look at this would be subconscious awareness of "whatever" manifesting as physical sensations. As the feet and legs generally correlate with the hell realms and variations of anger and or resentment, perhaps there is suppression manifesting as it seems to inevitably do..

As for the stomach, it's correlated with where we hold our ideas of self, and perhaps more importantly the processing of life experiences..

I'm not big on reification - which to my understanding can lead to stagnation and some of the issues you're dealing with.

I would suggest exploring ideas of your own sovereignty. 

Yeah or simply acknowledging that if you feel bad or worse, you want to feel better. And knowing what feels worse also helps you know what feels better thus and so you can simply focus more in alignment with that which does feel better ongoingly.

You can make the process as specific as you want it to be and as general as you want it to be.

For if there is one small specific thing you want to be feeling better about and thus bring more into alignment in you life or wether you want to bring more things in your life in the more broad general sense more into better feelingly felt alignment for yourself.

On 30-10-2019 at 8:26 PM, Earl Grey said:

it is an example of how we recognize these spasms are there or discover them and if you didn’t pick up, how to rid yourself of them. Seems like you’re not getting the point still and I think I’ll just leave you be after attempting to reach out across multiple threads and apparently failing to communicate that. Good luck.

Yeah it absolutely doesn't matter, every path is valid. All paths of lesser resistance are paths of lesser resistance. 

As some racing drivers say, sometimes going slower, is how you can actually go faster than you've ever gone before. There is no one absolute way. There are infinite ways, being and becoming evermore here and now. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Everything said:

Yeah it absolutely doesn't matter, every path is valid. All paths of lesser resistance are paths of lesser resistance. 

As some racing drivers say, sometimes going slower, is how you can actually go faster than you've ever gone before. There is no one absolute way. There are infinite ways, being and becoming evermore here and now. 

Quit with the platitudes, dude; him not getting my advice aside, some people are trying to get help for what may be serious issues and something as vague and New Agey like this does nobody any good even if it makes you feel relevant for chiming in to say absolutely nothing of value.

Edited by Earl Grey
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Earl Grey said:

Quit with the platitudes, dude; him not getting my advice aside, some people are trying to get help for what may be serious issues and something as vague and New Agey like this does nobody any good even if it makes you feel relevant for chiming in to say absolutely nothing of value.

Ouch, that sounds serious indeed. You might wanna get that checked. I suggest a scalpel and allot of boiling water. A flame torch. And well... Try and be more helpful to yourself from now on... 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Everything said:

Ouch, that sounds serious indeed. You might wanna get that checked. I suggest a scalpel and allot of boiling water. A flame torch. And well... Try and be more helpful to yourself from now on... 

Ah, behind that veneer of false sagacity, there’s a hint of someone showing signs of chafing when someone identifies what he is. A self-elevated guru who offers platitudes that mean nothing at best and cause harm at worst, but often says absolutely nothing useful and habitually off topic everywhere here.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Everything said:

Blah blah blah... "if only you understood, if only you saw what I see all your troubles would dissipate"... what a bunch of pretentious hooey.. 

The wood of your soap box is rotting...

Edited by ilumairen
spelling
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, Everything said:

Considering that the OP has side-effects from training or qi deviations and you aren't helping at all, his reactions are modest.

The OP isn't listening. The side effects will subside if he keeps training. Insisting of having a "fix" aka getting rid of the "symptoms" now will only create more problems.

All this provided that the OP is honest and not hiding any important details.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Zork said:

Considering that the OP has side-effects from training or qi deviations and you aren't helping at all, his reactions are modest.

The OP isn't listening. The side effects will subside if he keeps training. Insisting of having a "fix" aka getting rid of the "symptoms" now will only create more problems.

If you don't mind, I'd like to add to this.. 

The individual experiencing the deviations has posted more regarding personal issues and experience elsewhere, and I believe the present deviations to be caused by fragmentation and emotional habituations - leaving the practice aspect of it for those more qualified to comment on it.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, ilumairen said:

the present deviations to be caused by fragmentation and emotional habituations

Bingo. Can't separate practice from emotional and mental state. If anything, these practices will make them more pronounced and why it's really, really important to have the right guidance and support, because without it, one goes into further psychosis, and with it, one can use the practices as potential tools for helping heal from those issues. 

My experience with twitching limbs: in my shoulders, it happened a lot because of anger and burden. Took me months of meditating because while I did have a torn rotator cuff tendon years earlier, I had a lot of anger and resentment and found that on the subconscious level that I was rejecting the healing. Had to meditate deeply on it going through tears, anger, and other spontaneous movements in and out of this meditative practice until I was healed. And it wasn't because I snapped my fingers, it was the subconscious part finally accepting it, which is what I was hinting at earlier in my responses to the OP.

That emotional tension is stored in our muscles and our organs, so the twitching and trembling is actually quite normal, and comes out from practice, during practice, and heals through both proper practice and awareness. 

The Zhan Zhuang healed the rotator cuff tendon tear. The twitching was healed through seated practice of my meditation. 

Edited by Earl Grey
  • Like 2

All phenomena are a creation of your own mind. Find out the truth about the source of your mind and become free from such phenomena. 

These muscle spasms - are they painful or just surprise you when they happen? 

If they are painful and come with cramping you might have a potassium deficiency. If they’re not, just relax when they happen and see whether they subside.

The worst thing we can do under any circumstance is to resist what is happening. Resistance increases suffering. Stop resisting and relax when faced with such phenomena.

wrt owls hooting...why is that a bad thing? Owls are beautiful and magical birds - enjoy their nocturnal sounds. 

Don’t be afraid - nothing can hurt you if you are rooted in your own being. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, dwai said:

All phenomena are a creation of your own mind. Find out the truth about the source of your mind and become free from such phenomena. 

I would also argue that it's the beginning of the mind and body integrating into one, hence emotional and mental issue corresponding to the body part it is associated with, such as my example of anger, burden, and resentment in the shoulders. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Zork said:

I havent practiced any meditative or qi based practice for a long time. 

This started about a year ago. I would be more than willing to write it off as some stree based phenomena is I was really stressed and that the pulses/tightening and ocassional shocks didnt respond to my thoughts/actions, all the time. Left side could be wrong/bad and right side could be good/right, I dont know really. 

I asked the question here because I thought it could be a spiritual or energetic- thing. I dont mean to come off as inattentive or arrogant, it's just that most responses seem to be completely overlooking the nuance I tried to include in my original post.

I will try meditating again, even though I haven't in a really long time.

Thank you for the responses and concern

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Tryingtodobetter said:

I havent practiced any meditative or qi based practice for a long time. 

This started about a year ago. I would be more than willing to write it off as some stree based phenomena is I was really stressed and that the pulses/tightening and ocassional shocks didnt respond to my thoughts/actions, all the time. Left side could be wrong/bad and right side could be good/right, I dont know really. 

I asked the question here because I thought it could be a spiritual or energetic- thing. I dont mean to come off as inattentive or arrogant, it's just that most responses seem to be completely overlooking the nuance I tried to include in my original post.

I will try meditating again, even though I haven't in a really long time.

Thank you for the responses and concern

Even if you haven’t “in a long time” it is still affected by prior practice because the rewiring already begins on top of the awareness of the body being triggered by emotional states. A nuance that was attempted to be explained to you as stated earlier.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, dwai said:

These muscle spasms - are they painful or just surprise you when they happen? 

If they are painful and come with cramping you might have a potassium deficiency. If they’re not, just relax when they happen and see whether they subside.

The worst thing we can do under any circumstance is to resist what is happening. Resistance increases suffering. Stop resisting and relax when faced with such phenomena.

wrt owls hooting...why is that a bad thing? Owls are beautiful and magical birds - enjoy their nocturnal sounds. 

Don’t be afraid - nothing can hurt you if you are rooted in your own being. 

They are constant, I've gotten used to them- somewhat. It's a little destabilizing when just about every polarized thought you have causes that kind of reaction, and as of late it's often in "opposition" to what I'm thinking- or so it seems. I'm not really sure of the logic behind it whether the left side if wrong and the right side is good or vice versa.

There are the occasional shocks which are like a deep pinching and electrical shocking sensation simultaneously.

I've tried a bunch of things, this is my last resort as feeble or contrived or vague as it may seem to some.

I found the owl presence unnerving because I'd yet to encounter them in such a way. The faucet running for no reason and the appearance of the pulses/shocks probably shaped that perception.

I will work on trying to uncreate the circumstance