Sign in to follow this  
Mskied

Greatings from the White Brotherhood

I`m all for brotherhood generally although to my ear "white brotherhood" sounds scary racist.  @Nungali correctly points out that I got the title of the thread wrong-- greatings not greetings.  My bad.  There may not have been a whole lot of greetings but there have been plenty of greatings!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, ralis said:

Santa Fe has it's own Great White Brotherhood, St. Germain from Mt. Shasta or at least the founder claimed he met Germain at Mt. Shasta. 

I drive by this almost everyday since I have three clients in close proximity. Couldn't find a photo except on Google Maps so here is the link.

Their buildings are all white and members wear white while attending services.

https://www.google.com/maps/uv?hl=en&pb=!1s0x87185039097d774f:0x8716e6b1b7a1bd36!3m1!7e115!4s/maps/place/i%2Bam%2Bsanctuary%2Bsanta%2Bfe%2Bnm/@35.6940904,-105.9383266,3a,75y,224.04h,90t/data%3D*213m4*211e1*213m2*211sA9RrZ-x6_aAJWoyW5793MA*212e0*214m2*213m1*211s0x87185039097d774f:0x8716e6b1b7a1bd36?sa%3DX!5si+am+sanctuary+santa+fe+nm+-+Google+Search&imagekey=!1e2!2sA9RrZ-x6_aAJWoyW5793MA&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiG7rn_7M7lAhXGop4KHcSVDC0Qpx8wDnoECAwQBg

http://www.missionstgermain.com/id73.html

Saint Germain's vibration in the land of enchantment.

saintgermainimageovernewmexicomao.jpg

Yes, I was going to mention this at some stage .

We seem to have two types of white brotherhoods

The idea of a secret organization of enlightened mystics, guiding the spiritual development of the human race, was pioneered in the late eighteenth century by Karl von Eckartshausen (1752-1803) in his book The Cloud upon the Sanctuary; Eckartshausen called this body of mystics, who remained active after their physical deaths on earth, the Council of Light ....

Eckartshausen's idea was expanded in the teachings of Helena P. Blavatsky as developed by Charles W. Leadbeater, Alice Bailey and Helena Roerich. Blavatsky, founder of the Theosophical Society, attributed her teachings to just such a body of adepts; in her 1877 book Isis Unveiled, she called the revealers of her teachings the "Masters of the Hidden Brotherhood" or the "Mahatmas". ....

Ideas about this secret council of sages, under several names, were a widely shared feature of late nineteenth century and early twentieth century esotericism. ...

The actual phrase "Great White Brotherhood" was used extensively in Leadbeater's 1925 book The Masters and the Path.[10]Alice A. Bailey also claimed to have received numerous revelations from the Great White Brotherhood between 1920 and 1949

The term Great White Brotherhood was further developed and popularized in 1934 with the publication of "Unveiled Mysteries"[17] by Guy Ballard's "I AM" Activity.[18] This Brotherhood of "Immortal Saints and Sages"[19] who have gone through the Initiations of the Transfiguration, Resurrection, and the Ascension[20] was further popularized by Ascended Master Teachings developed by The Bridge to Freedom, The Summit Lighthouse and the Church Universal and Triumphant, and The Temple of The Presence.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_White_Brotherhood

2 .

Since the introduction of the phrase, the term "Great White Brotherhood" is in some circles used generically to refer to any concept of an enlightened community of adepts, on earth or in the hereafter, with benevolent aims toward the spiritual development of the human race, and without strict regard to the names used within the tradition.

Which I have cited before :

" LET IT BE KNOWN that there exists, unknown to the great crowd, a very ancient Order of sages, whose object is the amelioration and spiritual evolution of mankind by means of conquering error and aiding men and women in their efforts of attaining the power of recognising the truth. This Order has existed already in the most remote times and it has manifested its activity secretly and openly in the world under different names and in various forms: it has caused social and political revolutions and proved to be the rock of salvation in times of danger and misfortune. It has always upheld the banner of freedom against tyranny in whatever shape this appeared, whether as clerical or political or social despotism or oppression of any kind.

" To this “secret order” every wise and spiritually enlightened person belongs by right of his or her nature: because they all, even if they are personally unknown to each other, are one in their purpose and object and they all work under the guidance of the one light of truth. "

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, liminal_luke said:

I`m all for brotherhood generally although to my ear "white brotherhood" sounds scary racist.  @Nungali correctly points out that I got the title of the thread wrong-- greatings not greetings.  My bad.  There may not have been a whole lot of greetings but there have been plenty of greatings!

It was Blavatsky (Theosophy), Leadbeater, Alice Bailey, that came up with "Great White Brotherhood" group of ascended beings. 

This came about during the time of Spencer's pseudoscience of Social Darwinism.

Edited by ralis
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Nungali said:

Shabuki Br Luke    :)

Used as a greating or ending of a conversation, similar to Aloha.

'slava' too apparently ;

Where do us "sisters" fit in? Or do we just belong in the kitchen supporting the efforts of the brotherhood?

14 minutes ago, ilumairen said:

Where do us "sisters" fit in? Or do we just belong in the kitchen supporting the efforts of the brotherhood?

Excellent point! The patriarchy has thrown the entire planet out of balance with its horrific abuse of women! Patriarchs and their female rule enforcers are deathly afraid of female power! 

Referring back to the topic at hand, Crowley revered the "Great Mother" and worship of women was central in their rites.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, ilumairen said:

Woman -- where`s my tea??!!!

(Luke scurries behind the couch to avoid the wrath of the formidable and always well-lit ilumairen.)

Edited by liminal_luke
  • Haha 1

The enlightened Truth of Liberty from tyranny is freedom for everyone without inhibiting the freedom of anyone.  This is not as easily done as is proposed.

Do What Thou Wilt!

The Law is for all.

1 hour ago, ilumairen said:

the Ladies of the Mystery School are introduced to a new role – their role as the Great White Sisterhood. They are also tasked with a new challenge, that is, channelling and bringing forth the teachings of Andromeda from their outer time bodies in the future, located in the Andromeda Galaxy

Cosmic Sai Baba: “It is I, Cosmic Sai Baba and Andromeda Val and we both want you to present the messages from Andromeda under the banner of the three of you. And we are pleased to hear that you would be prepared to be public and you have already said so.

http://valeriebarrow.com/mystery/?p=1241

Cosmic Sai Baba   ???   Oh , Good Lord ! 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTlGEk9uahFiIZ4P_bOeVn

52 minutes ago, ralis said:

Excellent point! The patriarchy has thrown the entire planet out of balance with its horrific abuse of women! Patriarchs and their female rule enforcers are deathly afraid of female power! 

Referring back to the topic at hand, Crowley revered the "Great Mother" and worship of women was central in their rites.

Indeed !

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQGwKMHNzUdx5WRrVVaWP8

47 minutes ago, liminal_luke said:

Woman -- where`s my tea??!!!

(Luke scurries behind the couch to avoid the wrath of the formidable and always well-lit ilumairen.)

Ooooo much worse that that ... we gonna set Annie and  Aretha on ya !

Edited by Nungali
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Mskied said:

The enlightened Truth of Liberty from tyranny is freedom for everyone without inhibiting the freedom of anyone.  This is not as easily done as is proposed.

Do What Thou Wilt!

The Law is for all.

Its 'do what thou wilt SHALL BE the whole of the Law .   The shall be is when you are an advanced initiate . In the higher initiations it is 'Do what thou wilt IS the whole of the Law .

This isnt my opinion it is Crowleys .  he wrote the stuff, actually .

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nungali said:

Its 'do what thou wilt SHALL BE the whole of the Law .   The shall be is when you are an advanced initiate . In the higher initiations it is 'Do what thou wilt IS the whole of the Law .

This isnt my opinion it is Crowleys .  he wrote the stuff, actually .

Did Crowley mention Great White Brotherhood? I don’t recall he did?

Serpents kiss for infinite bliss

All of this is lawlessness

But should you wander far from sheep

You will never hear Jesus weep

I have come to seduce the sons of Mary

Come my devils, do not tarry

There is much to do when you leave the flock

Let those that think sit and mock

This is the Law of liberty

It is meant for men and women free

to do what thou wilt and nothing less

we refuse to be people of commonness 

Edited by Mskied

43 minutes ago, Nungali said:

the Ladies of the Mystery School are introduced to a new role – their role as the Great White Sisterhood. They are also tasked with a new challenge, that is, channelling and bringing forth the teachings of Andromeda from their outer time bodies in the future, located in the Andromeda Galaxy

Cosmic Sai Baba: “It is I, Cosmic Sai Baba and Andromeda Val and we both want you to present the messages from Andromeda under the banner of the three of you. And we are pleased to hear that you would be prepared to be public and you have already said so.

http://valeriebarrow.com/mystery/?p=1241

Cosmic Sai Baba   ???   Oh , Good Lord ! 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTlGEk9uahFiIZ4P_bOeVn

Oh my stars!!!

I'd rather make @liminal_luke tea. Chai good for you?

Anyone else?

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, ralis said:

Did Crowley mention Great White Brotherhood? I don’t recall he did?

He poo-pooed anything Theosophical and his group was at war with them (sorta) ... but I dont think he would have liked to be left out of the rush .   It was the underlying concept that first stimulated him to 'go searching' though. He too got bitten by the bug ; " The idea of a secret organization of enlightened mystics, guiding the spiritual development of the human race, was pioneered in the late eighteenth century by Karl von Eckartshausen (1752-1803) in his book The Cloud upon the Sanctuary; "   He became dedicated to finding them and thats how he got in contact with the Golden Dawn .

The 'official take on it' (which seems to have been condoned by Crowley, was in an early OTO document... see my post above the section ;  2 .  " " LET IT BE KNOWN that there exists, unknown to the great crowd, a very ancient Order of sages,........ "

4 hours ago, ilumairen said:

Oh my stars!!!

I'd rather make @liminal_luke tea. Chai good for you?

Anyone else?

Do you also make those little baked cheesy scroll things .

I luv them .  I used to go to the Country Women's Association bake off competitions . They are really good because after the judging there are all these old tarts and fruit cakes  .....

... that will let you eat some of their baked products .

"  Git !  Git on along, move over , make room ! "   < nudges Liminal Luke over with his elbow  to make more room behind the couch >

• Haha 1

< ... and puts in earplugs so he cant hear the atrocious  badly rhymed poetry  >

I swear ... if he keeps that up, I am gonna post more of my own !

It'll be a poetry shoot out at 20 paces !

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTWqsk4i5uq5JLLZyoRh5G

59 minutes ago, Nungali said:

< ... and puts in earplugs so he cant hear the atrocious  badly rhymed poetry  >

I swear ... if he keeps that up, I am gonna post more of my own !

It'll be a poetry shoot out at 20 paces !

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTWqsk4i5uq5JLLZyoRh5G

How about poetry in motion like this that begins at 0:56? 

The idea isn't that there are immortal ascended beings that will interact with you from another plane so much as these people have left books or ideas, or been people you interacted with, that you imagine and recall and examine, and contemplate- much like praying to a God, and thereby, you gain insight from the experiences you have with what they left on your mind and soul.  In this sense, anyone and everyone can be your teacher, and you can imagine, emulate and destroy all of them- same as we do in the world- except this is done with your mind, in your own laboratory or magick den, and you can then write with a pen, or simply just act out according to what you learned from your examination.

Everyone represents a symbol and all symbols have been commented on by someone, somewhere.

Edited by Mskied
  • Confused 2

Earl Grey:

All things are symbols.  All symbols have meaning.  Not all meanings are the same, many are inferred by our personal interaction with that symbol.  Not all of us are "by the book", because when it comes to symbols, there really isn't a book.  Its simple philosophy:  think Plato and the perfect form.  A bird to me means XXX a bird to you means YYY, so when I see a bird I think XXX until you inform me of YYY, and then I mix my definitions.  When someone wears a cross or a uniform, they represent a certain amount of knowledge:  the knowledge from the book, and my own personal knowledge of that symbol.  No one ever fully represents a symbol according to anyones definition.  Therefore I see a man in a uniform and I think "Military people are XXX" but they are "supposed to be" XYY.  So now I think they are XXX, they think they are XYY, they are really both in a sense.  To further complicate this, when I see a person wearing a cross represent XXX when they are meant to represent XYY, I now think all people of the cross are XXX.

Edited by Mskied
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Mskied said:

Earl Grey:

....  A bird to me means XXX a bird to you means YYY, so when I see a bird I think XXX until you inform me of YYY, and then I mix my definitions.

Ohhh, now I get it !

Its like when you read Crowley and you think it means XXX but to a whole lot of others it means XYX and when they inform you , you  'mix definitions'   and change your opinion.

Just like you did here .

1 hour ago, Mskied said:

When someone wears a cross or a uniform, they represent a certain amount of knowledge: 

Or when they display a  7 pointed star as their symbol?  One would expect that represented a certain amount of knowledge about that ?

1 hour ago, Mskied said:

the knowledge from the book, and my own personal knowledge of that symbol.

depends on the Book, was it a source book that actually knew a lot about the symbol or was it some cheap crappy Fairy book that ripped off the symbol and said it meant something else ? 

And to confuse matters more ; you called the symbol the fairy star , connecting it to a whole lot of 'meaning' in that tradition, but ever since have attempted to present yourself in light of  your understanding of Thelemic philosophy .

1 hour ago, Mskied said:

No one ever fully represents a symbol according to anyones definition.  Therefore I see a man in a uniform and I think "Military people are XXX" but they are "supposed to be" XYY.  So now I think they are XXX, they think they are XYY, they are really both in a sense.  To further complicate this, when I see a person wearing a cross represent XXX when they are meant to represent XYY, I now think all people of the cross are XXX.

I just think they have appropriated a symbol that they didnt understand and  are trying to look cool  .

The 'new tradition'  '

May you be granted the accomplishment of your Will ."   .........  < bing !  >

09af45cc106e8fbc7a5e719157195f38.gif

• Haha 2

Sign in to follow this