Sign in to follow this  
Mskied

Greatings from the White Brotherhood

5 minutes ago, Nungali said:

Masterful use of language as well  ... apparently you have the powers of a  lettuce

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR2173vY9A_kH824OOtjGT

He is the Grand Magus now. :lol:

6 hours ago, Nungali said:

Masterful use of language as well  ... apparently you have the powers of a  lettuce

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR2173vY9A_kH824OOtjGT

considering that the title is GREATings as opposed to greetings, and he tends to ramble on and make no sense...

lettuce hope that he gets it one day.

Edited by Earl Grey
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Earl Grey said:

considering that the title is GREATings as opposed to greetings, and he tends to ramble on and make no sense...

After all he is the Grand Magus of “Do What Thou Wilt” with no bounds. :lol:

• Haha 1

Restaurant  Customer ;  "  Waiter !   Waiter !  My lettuce is wilted !

Waiter;  " Well, we all do what we wilt,  Sir . " 

• Haha 3

56 minutes ago, Earl Grey said:

I supposed he meant to write 'Greetings from the Great White Brotherhood ' .... you know, that mob that says they are 'Ascended Masters' .

Since they are all here on earth , and all seem rather stupid ,  unlearned , illogical and irrational , I am wondering where they ascended  from ?

40 minutes ago, Nungali said:

I supposed he meant to write 'Greetings from the Great White Brotherhood ' .... you know, that mob that says they are 'Ascended Masters' .

Since they are all here on earth , and all seem rather stupid ,  unlearned , illogical and irrational , I am wondering where they ascended  from ?

Where'd they come from? Well, I think I know who these people are. People who frequent New Age stores and buy crystals, take yoga classes, do Reiki initiation on Skype, Google a few quotes from Crowley and possibly Gurdjieff, and borrow from the library a few books to skim a few chapters and remember what suits their beliefs, then go on TDB to ask questions, then respond to those questions by dismissing them and suddenly elevating themselves to be "masters" while rejecting any old tradition, including those who formally studied those traditions and actually know what the hell they are talking about. 

Where they come from? From all sorts of backgrounds lacking nuance and depth, where even traveling becomes a confirmation bias that treats cultures as the Great Other as Eat Pray Love was a glaring example of someone who had no understanding of the cultures in the places she went to while focusing totally on herself and her "feel good about feeling bad" narrative and changing her social media feed and profile picture forever; those who find or create conspiracy theories everywhere from alien colonialism to Jesus-Elvis clones and deep states; and likely with all sorts of idiosyncratic characteristics that belie some sort of cognitive issues though not necessarily neuroses.

They are often suburban denizens who look for comfort and confirmation of themselves rather than growth or change that is found from exploration and discovery, those who won't go anywhere without a Yelp review or TripAdvisor recommendation, and if it looks good on social media, nor will they read something unless they can get it for free as a download or if it's on sale on Amazon.

This is what I believe who these people are, where they come from, and how they are like. 

I meant , if  ascended Masters  ... and they are here  on Earth , where did they ascend from  ?  If they ascended, they shouldn't be here . 

Hmmm ... either my act is lame today  or I need a better audience    :)

In either case , here , have some gratings from the White Brotherhood ;

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRY39wn2bpgdcuMlvI8b27

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Nungali said:

I meant , if  ascended Masters  ... and they are here  on Earth , where did they ascend from  ?  If they ascended, they shouldn't be here . 

Hmmm ... either my act is lame today  or I need a better audience    :)

In either case , here , have some gratings from the White Brotherhood ;

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRY39wn2bpgdcuMlvI8b27

ahhhhh gotcha!

Well, I think ascension would be better considered as a spiritual happening and that one could still be in corporeal form while being in such a state.  I am by no means near that nor wish to be at the moment.  I am basing that observation on the stories of old recording the actions of those considering the "big boat" side of things. I have read of those who have achieved a certain point in there spiritual journey and instead of continuing on into whatever  prescribed nirvana presented to them, they refuse it so that they may stick around and help others on their own paths.  The "little boat" being for those that consider their spiritual journey and eventual ascension a goal sufficient upon itself.

I like the big boat idea better.

Greetings, by the way, I am new here.   I may be talking about obvious stuff for some you, but it popped into mind my while reading this thread. 

Edited by TheCove
  • Like 1

Just now, Mskied said:

You guys don't want opinions or answers you just want to insult those that have them

You haven't answered a single question, nor have you actually taken time to consider your certainties, on top of construing everything as an attack. At this point, it's more productive to see you get set off than it is to actually engage in you since you avoid dialogue and prefer to frame things from conflict and "woe is me". 

7 hours ago, TheCove said:

I have read of those who have achieved a certain point in there spiritual journey and instead of continuing on into whatever  prescribed nirvana presented to them, they refuse it so that they may stick around and help others on their own paths.  The "little boat" being for those that consider their spiritual journey and eventual ascension a goal sufficient upon itself.

That would be Avalokiteshvara, who also gave the universe "Om Mani Padme Hum"!

I don't even see you asking a question how am I supposed to answer to you when all you do is condemn me for failing to respond.  What you condemned me for previously I have here reconciled but you pass over it and pretend that I didn't, and blame me for a post from months ago

16 minutes ago, Mskied said:

I don't even see you asking a question how am I supposed to answer to you when all you do is condemn me for failing to respond.  What you condemned me for previously I have here reconciled but you pass over it and pretend that I didn't, and blame me for a post from months ago

I can make it nice and simple here.

Are you a member of Ordo Templi Orientis, Thelema, Michael Bertiaux's organization or any organization affiliated with these?

Have you completed the Lesser or the Greater Key of Solomon rituals? Both of which are not for weak minded fools to even consider or attempt.

Edited by ralis
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Mskied said:

all you do is condemn me for failing to respond.  What you condemned me for previously I have here reconciled but you pass over it and pretend that I didn't, and blame me for a post from months ago

If you paid attention earlier, I said your behavior has not changed based on our observations, not just mine. You say your behavior has changed, but your rants here are showing that it's the same if not similar. We even recommended a PPJ because you aren't really responding to anything being said, so at this point, how can dialogue occur if all you do is say incoherent things and don't seem to understand the material or subjects you're citing?

This thread didn't come across as a conversation, but a guy talking to himself and wanting people to pat him on the shoulder and clap their hands for what may be insights and Eureeka! moments, but again: they really sound more like you're processing and should be in a PPJ. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mskied said:

Why do I have to be a member of anything?  The Law is for all

Qualifications and authority are why. Who would want to learn from a guy who says he understands law (in the legal sense) or metaphysical Law (esoteric sense) but his interpretations sound nothing like what is taught by those with formal understanding to preserve without distortion of the teachings? 

• Like 1

First of all I am responding to things being said.  I have responded to every question put forward on this thread.  Second, I don't see why it is your place to tell me how and what to post here, isn't that the job of the admin, who doesn't seem to mind what I do.  You are taking issue with how I present my ideas, but you don't even bother to consider what my ideas are, or ask me how to use them.  If you bothered, I could explain, but all you want is to accuse me of ranting, which I am not, I am putting forth a fundamental process with which a person can come to contemplation on their own, and from there, will be able to consider the wisdom of the various traditions.  You don't understand this method because you do not use it, and that is acceptable to me, do you see me raving at how you process?  Why don't you just shut up and go rattle someone else that cares about your point of view, and let people that understand mine come to discuss what I am doing here.  As I said, the Law is for all, and we are all the authority.  I explained how the Book of the Law is supposed to be read and do not need to validate how I interpreted it and what my interpretations are.  I am not Crowley, and neither are you or Nungali, and for any of you to say you "know" what he intended is just as false as me saying I know, or true, depending upon if we live in a state that can speculate and consider these things, which, last time I checked, is where we are.  Now shut up, sit down, go pout, and stop cluttering up my thread with your crap.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Mskied said:

Why do I have to be a member of anything?  The Law is for all

The Law as Crowley espoused is not what you want to believe. It is a dangerous path and not for weak minded unbalanced fools. E.g. Trungpa's successor Osel Tendzin took on the so called "Crazy Wisdom"  and lived it to the max, without consideration of anyone else. In case you are not informed of this, Tendzin had AIDS which was of no consequence to him given that he believed that he could have sex with anyone he chose and no one would be infected. If I remember correctly, he had sex with approximately 1500 men and women in Boulder Co. and eventually died of AIDS along with many of his true believers. Living without rules has consequences for those that live by rules.

Crowley was a heroin addict which he wrote about in "Diary of a Drug Fiend" published in 1922.

Ralis you don't seem to understand what I am doing here.  I am indeed discussing the implications of this Law, and I am indeed considering how to know when to act and when not to, and I am finding a method of validating the ensuing lawlessness that it might provide.  Read this post thoroughly and you will see my conclusions.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mskied said:

Ralis you don't seem to understand what I am doing here.  I am indeed discussing the implications of this Law, and I am indeed considering how to know when to act and when not to, and I am finding a method of validating the ensuing lawlessness that it might provide.  Read this post thoroughly and you will see my conclusions.

Elaborate on the above in bold which doesn't make sense!

3 minutes ago, Mskied said:

I will answer this with a  question:  Why does God allow Chaos?

Which God are you referring to?

30 minutes ago, Mskied said:

I have responded to every question put forward on this thread

Do you know the difference between responding and reacting?

31 minutes ago, Mskied said:

I don't see why it is your place to tell me how and what to post here, isn't that the job of the admin, who doesn't seem to mind what I do

There you go again taking it as a power play! I'm suggesting or recommending for your own good that your processing and ranting doesn't sound like it is inviting dialogue at all, on top of spreading misinformation. You're already confused as it is, but confusing others further is dangerous for their sake, not yours.

32 minutes ago, Mskied said:

You are taking issue with how I present my ideas, but you don't even bother to consider what my ideas are, or ask me how to use them.

I did ask you the very first time, and then the cycle began from that point! You've been dismissive since the very first time when I didn't mind you at all to when you suddenly became defensive! I even pointed out Nungali wasn't attacking you, he was educated and qualified to point out that you have no understanding of Crowley or the sources you cite, yet you're arguing that your self-initiation and your opinion is sacred. 

34 minutes ago, Mskied said:

I am putting forth a fundamental process with which a person can come to contemplation on their own, and from there, will be able to consider the wisdom of the various traditions

In other words, if you rant on and on, someone might just feel the same way about processing aloud and saying things that are completely incorrect about the sources you criticize and claim to derive your understanding from here.

35 minutes ago, Mskied said:

You don't understand this method because you do not use it, and that is acceptable to me, do you see me raving at how you process?

I've seen others use it and I tried using it in high school. If it works for you, I don't know how effective it is given that you don't demonstrate an adequate understanding of the material

(do you see a pattern by the way with what I am repeating?)

37 minutes ago, Mskied said:

Why don't you just shut up

Speak for yourself! :lol:

37 minutes ago, Mskied said:

go rattle someone else that cares about your point of view, and let people that understand mine come to discuss what I am doing here

Aha! So you really don't want dialogue or to be scrutinized and challenged! I have had others challenge me when I didn't know anything and when I did know something, and can back it up with skill and application. What you are doing is showing that you want to voice your uninformed opinions ad nauseam

39 minutes ago, Mskied said:

As I said, the Law is for all, and we are all the authority

In the literal sense, I have lived in many lawless countries where people declared themselves the authority on it and those are known as failed states. In the esoteric sense, you are basically avoiding certification or qualification by giving yourself authority and credibility. This is the same as a guy who takes the time to found his own institution for the sole purpose of accrediting himself when he can't get into any credible place due to his rejection of the ideals he bizarrely believes he knows more about. 

True story: Beurin "University" is not an accredited body, but the founder accredited himself by creating his own organization to offer accreditation for institutions because his pseudoscience courses only show how much of a sham they are, on the level of Trump University.

45 minutes ago, Mskied said:

I explained how the Book of the Law is supposed to be read and do not need to validate how I interpreted it and what my interpretations are.

Supposed to be read. You're elevating your own authority here!

45 minutes ago, Mskied said:

I am not Crowley, and neither are you or Nungali, and for any of you to say you "know" what he intended is just as false as me saying I know, or true, depending upon if we live in a state that can speculate and consider these things, which, last time I checked, is where we are

Gee, and I thought college kids were know-it-alls on the first day of class before reading a syllabus. 

46 minutes ago, Mskied said:

Now shut up, sit down, go pout, and stop cluttering up my thread with your crap.

My crap isn't dangerous, and it's only contrary to the harmful shit that's coming from your end (no pun intended!).

Sign in to follow this