silent thunder

The Soft Power of Totoro

Shining in the dark sky, the clear pure moon is waxing, splendid and bright.... it is so full and lucid, it cannot be covered by a single speck of dust..... (excerpt from Master Ni’s workbook for spiritual development)

When your thoughts become gentle and transparent, then you can see the full moon. It is the original energy of your mind, it is your unspoilt spirit.

127A50D7-1EFB-4CC1-96AA-E71DC949CD9D.jpeg

• Like 2

and , if you find your thoughts getting too hard  ..... relax and have a pipe full  .

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRfJmTOnJOz1W7ndssPtiJ

asjJT7j.jpg

il_570xN.1168338176_fcta.jpg

... light em up

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR1RSzZV-y2s50s10YVaw3

..... may as well get the T-shirt to go with them

3600-black-md-t-anime-and-bong-hits.png

• Haha 1

I once tried that strange pipe and had a vision of the Raccoon God. In the dream, he gave me a golden acorn.

But the initial euphoria quickly turned into a “bad trip” when Nungali came out of nowhere and stole the small nut. He even made a rap song out of it to spite me.

Then he buried it somewhere in Australia, never to be seen again. It is said that a 1000 year old tree grew where he hid it, and of the shape of a raccoon.

But we’ve since patched our relationship over our shared interest in random critters and various rodents. Although I contend that American possums are superior in subtle ways to their Australian counterparts.

My son and I often walk to a local bakery and get croissants for breakfast on weekends.  They are fresh and soft and warmed up and utter bliss, if not so nutritional.  We have to cross a couple major avenues to get there.  On our walk home, we sit in the courtyard of a small local newspaper and eat while chatting, surrounded by their gorgeous bamboo and flower garden.

Yesterday the conversation revolved around soft power.

How Bees shape the destiny and food supply of countless species including humans, cultivating and pollinating untold millions of fruiting and flowering plants that sustain life all about the planet.  Without the tiny, fragile bees, life as we know it would not be.

And as we're not far from the beach, we spoke for a while about the incredible power of water, nearly the softest of all... to erode entire shorelines of craggy cliff stone, into soft pliant sand.  And then the passive power of sand to strip away the paint (and skin) when blown about by the wind.

As we returned home, Lil C smiled and pointed and barked a laugh.  We were greeted by this plant, gently poking its soft power way through the concrete curb to reach the light.

5db5bbdc5e082_softpowerplant.jpg.cd52e554f12882da8877fec90c2aa42c.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Sebastian said:

Anyways, there's nothing sweeter or softer than an enlightened Totoro... We had one in the forum a while back.

1385658-bigthumbnail.jpg

This look reminds me of my little Totoro like possum that sleeps above my bed in the wall.  I can look in from outside, most often only seeing a big round grey furry shape, that slowly rises and falls. A couple of times she has been on her back, sprawled out,  totally out to it.

I have been tempted to pat her, but those claws !   So they other day, when she was busy eating a banana, I sneaked in a pat . I suppose she just thought it was the baby possum crawling on her back as there was no reaction at all . But the baby came around the front and started eating the banana mum  was holding, she looks at  baby, turns her head to look at her back and sees me patting it.

She turned her  rump away out of reach and gave me the strangest surprised  look ;  " What on earth do you think you are doing  ! " and shuffled  further in out of reach .

Some  animals dont understand patting    ..... " Urrrgh! get yer hands off !  "        

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS5-kurucnE2wZge574V3G

• Like 1

Mom, opens her arms wide and smiles at you.

She scoops you up and cradles you.

Then she lovingly feeds you the elixir of health, disease resistance and vitality... from her own body.

All while singing, cooing and cuddling you.

talk about power~!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

This is what I do in the movie biz... large scale props.

If this lack of work persists much longer... They've got me contemplating copying their idea and installing one in a vacant lot on our street.

• Like 1