voidisyinyang

Amma Exposed - another fake guru of India, cashing on on deluded Westerners!

27 minutes ago, johndoe2012 said:

Fake news.

Really?  This woman is making it up?

1 hour ago, Apech said:

Really?  This woman is making it up?

Probably was true according to her own lenses and filtering, a lot of people will make these things up because they have blindspots.

If one is interested if it is true or not, meditate beyond the mind to get the answer or just sense into it. 

• Like 1

I used to go out with the daughter of a woman that handles Amma's trips to the USA. And I met Amma.

She has a long and very clean record - with many seemingly endless hours of hugs. I do not profess to be a follower but I have not heard of anything like what was in the video - it could be true - but it could also be false - 

My meeting with Amma was a very considerable meeting - yet I knew nothing of her or her teaching - I simply went along to an event once and was introduced to some of the "back end support people" and then joined the big group and got a hug - it was an eventful hug.

This was in the early 90"s

I have seen people be "regressed" and come up with all sorts of absurd ideas as well as channeling that went sideways - and students that suddenly came up with stuff about a teacher that was crazy as well as incorrect and demented.

That is not to say regression is bad or good or channeling either - simply that if you have a person over decades with a very clean record and then someone says something that seems "very off" - it may be that something is not right about the accusation. 

Edited by Spotless
  • Like 4

8 hours ago, Spotless said:

I used to go out with the daughter of a woman that handles Amma's trips to the USA. And I met Amma.

She has a long and very clean record - with many seemingly endless hours of hugs. I do not profess to be a follower but I have not heard of anything like what was in the video - it could be true - but it could also be false - 

My meeting with Amma was a very considerable meeting - yet I knew nothing of her or her teaching - I simply went along to an event once and was introduced to some of the "back end support people" and then joined the big group and got a hug - it was an eventful hug.

This was in the early 90"s

I have seen people be "regressed" and come up with all sorts of absurd ideas as well as channeling that went sideways - and students that suddenly came up with stuff about a teacher that was crazy as well as incorrect and demented.

That is not to say regression is bad or good or channeling either - simply that if you have a person over decades with a very clean record and then someone says something that seems "very off" - it may be that something is not right about the accusation. 

I've visited Amma twice so far and each time has been an absolutely amazing experience. The meeting space is vibrating with very high frequency and pure energy (sattvic). 

Last time I was there was in July, when she visited Chicago. I took my wife with me. Already having visited her before, I had an inkling of what was going to happen. But as we sat there, the energy and stillness took over me, and I entered into a very deep state of meditation. 

We had reached the venue late, so had received tokens which placed us at the back of an already massive queue...and we'd end up receiving hugs from Amma around 2 am. Around 11:30 pm, my wife (who was sick at that time, started feeling more sick by then) and I decided to slowly leave, as it was becoming progressively harder for her to stay. Just as we decided to leave, one of Amma's followers came up to us and asked my wife "you look like you could do with a hug right now". And then she gave us tokens that got us on stage right away, and receive hugs and we were back home by 12:15 am. This is my small "Amma miracle" story :) 

Amma is a very powerful and highly evolved spiritual being. But everyone has their own karma to deal with. Those that malign her in thi way are perhaps also driven to do so as a result of their karmic entanglement. Even they are going to be benefited from their contact (no matter how negative their minds might be) with her. 

Sometimes such powerful beings trigger very negative responses from people with lot of impurities in their mind. The presence of such beings will begin cleaning these individuals, and their response is essentially that of the ego feeling threatened by the process. 

I normally don't comment on Drew's posts (and i know posting this comment might trigger a diatribe against me again) - but then again, I have him back on my ignore list (only active TDB member who is on that list today)...

Edited by dwai
  • Like 6

I don`t know anything about Amma but I`m glad some here have come to her defense.  Well, perhaps defense is the wrong word -- too polarized.  What I mean is that people have illuminated this topic with their own calm, neutral wisdom.  It feels good to think there`s good in the world.  I believe good people exist -- that sublimely, awesomely good people exist -- and would prefer not to lose the innocence of this conviction.  

Edited by liminal_luke
  • Like 5

Not exactly impartial reporting, the first part of it accusers her of being obese which is ridiculous, she isn't obese at all, infact anyone can go watch her for 24 hour stretches without eating a mouthful.

Most of the claims in Gail Treadwell's books have been countered by others who were there. I personally know quite a few people in Ammas inner circles and they have never witnessed anything like that.

There were a few people who have accused Amma in the past, all so far have apologised years later saying it was their own inner resistance and ego coming out and projecting on the outside what they couldn't bare to see in themselves.

• Like 2

My wife spent time with Amma.  It was not earth shattering, nor paradigm shifting.

It was utterly simple.  Grounded, nurturing.  Simple caring shared among the present.

The only exposing here, is more of the OP exposing his inner landscape.

On that note... I'mma go hang out with my gal, Amma style.

• Like 3

Another +1 to support Amma. I'd been to the Ashram in India some years before but didn't really get her or it or whatever was being offered. However, when I saw her in London a few weeks ago I went with an open mind and an intention just to enjoy whatever happened. I went on both Friday and Saturday nights and underwent some profound shifts both during the weekend and since then. She has a special and unique healing energy and after my first hug on Friday I sat behind her and went into an easy and deep meditation. Since then my reiki, qigong and clarity of vision for life has really shot up. Friends I went with are experiencing similar shifts.  I met someone who explained that when you meet such 'high level' people it opens you up for greater healing, it's why they're so infectious and can command large followings, such as Amma. 

Edited by JCB
typo
  • Like 3