silent thunder

What would be your superpower?

< ahem >

16 hours ago, Nungali said:

I cant design my own costume .  Since you are in the nailing zone, you will have to do it .

.....  waiting  .

Softness is a great one.... it got me thinking, what is the foundation of softness ? In this realm, I would chose perhaps the words non-judgement and forgiveness, which is coincidently what Jesus taught.

When I’m with someone dear to me or not, I personally don’t think I could be soft if I still judged certain aspects of them, or if I didn’t see myself leveled with them in every way. Because you need to be leveled with someone to be sincere to them. Not think you are higher or lower, or come from a biased perspective towards a relationship, you just need to be same. Like my child when he wants to play.

To me, tenderness is like the sweet aroma that comes from interactions with others, when they are done with the same care and reverence as what you would do for yourself. The aroma comes when the acts are done from the heart, and for no reason. Just because you see others as yourself. And just because you can. Not forced or as a service based on a spiritual perspective, for example during missionary work. That is agressive and far removed from softness.

So, as my super-power for 2020, I would like to forever see the equality in all things and beings and never hold any resentments or ill feeling towards anyone, because I know we’re all made of the same stuff, and we’re all working towards the same stuff, even though we may be using different ways to get there. But even the ways are also stuff. Call stuff Love if you want, I don’t mind, but we are all brothers. And the less we see each others as brothers, the more hard we become, we harden our hearts and place everyone and everything in neat little categories, where the light of our hearts can’t enter. Because we’ve erected walls around our brothers. So may softness and tenderness erode these walls, so we all become brothers again, that’s my wish.

• Like 5

Dang, y'all picking inspiring, wholesome love powers and I'm over here selecting evil vampire. I need to go to church.

Sean

• Haha 3

@sean - would you be willing to to move the Totoro / Studio Ghibli posts to a new thread? How about this for a name:

The Soft Power of Totoro

Then, others can continue to post super hero and super villain powers herein.

Just a thought. Thanks.

• Like 1

The best route to drive home is the one you know.

Oh how many people know themselves well enough to know their own unique super power? Oh God,  give us what we desire the most and let us stumble in everything else so we may see you!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sean said:

Dang, y'all picking inspiring, wholesome love powers and I'm over here selecting evil vampire. I need to go to church.

Sean

Then , make sure its a  Catholic Church ... where the wine gets turned into blood ..   

125904_popefrancisthumbs_up.jpg

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

similar to the movie like water for chocolate--- cooking delicious meals and food takes on the quality of the mood(s) while its being prepared. surely it is happening whether subtle or gross

I just want to cook good and bring utter satisfaction to the palate and joy to the belly

super powers=musical abilities 

what is the process of the wine into blood

transubstanciation?

i think that is on a more figurative level

based on the body and blood of christ and communion

not a vampire thing

Edited by sagebrush
nungali bumped my thread a notch
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, rainbowvein said:

@sean - would you be willing to to move the Totoro / Studio Ghibli posts to a new thread? How about this for a name:

The Soft Power of Totoro

Then, others can continue to post super hero and super villain powers herein.

Just a thought. Thanks.

Sure thing. Split to here: