Sign in to follow this  
MuadDib

Will to resist the flu (and other illnesses)

At the end of this summer, I decided to challenge myself not to go down with the flu or a cold over the next 12 months. It is a difficult challenge due to my current living conditions.

I live in a crowded metropolitan city. I commute to work using a train and then the subway. It lasts 1.5 hours each way so I spend 3 hours per day commuting. During rush hour we get packed like sardines. Oh yes, I work at an office with poor ventilation. I have a stressful job. These are my living conditions :D

Over the last few years, I made significant improvements to my eating habits, have taken a rigorous exercise regime, conditioned myself to taking cold showers and began energy practice. Still, I've been getting sick a few times each year due to what I believe the conditions I listed above. I used to accept it as an unavoidable fact of life. 

This season I willed myself not to get sick. I take 500mg vitamin C when I feel my defenses are weakened. I'm constantly exposed to the bug as there are many sick people on the train and in the office. Sometimes I visualize a shield of energy protecting my body when I'm on the train and people are sneezing and coughing. At other times, when I feel I have a slight fever, I hit the gym, break a sweat and do some weights to shake off the illness. Sometimes when I feel I'm on the verge of getting ill, I just literally shake down my body and focus my attention to warding off the illness.

I'm happy to report I have fought it off so far. I think September and October are the hardest times due to change of season. Feel free to discuss. Any advice is appreciated :)

• Like 1

Get  your vitamin D levels checked. You want to be in the neighborhood of 50-80 ng/mL to support your immune system. Some say it works better than the flu shot...  Doesn't sound like you get much sun, so you'll need to take D3 supplements, best consumed with your highest fat meal.

Also, 500 mg of vitamin C is not a lot for immune support.  It's said the body can only absorb 500 mg. orally at one time, but you could take that 4 or more times a day if you are feeling flu vulnerable.  Many people take way more than that on a daily basis as a matter of course.

Good luck!

Edited by cheya
  • Like 3

Also HIGHLY recommend having dried elderberries around. As soon as you suspect something is taking hold, simmer for 20 min a couple of tablespoons of them in a quart or so of water with a couple of inches of sliced fresh ginger root and a few cloves. Drink a half a cup of that every hour or so until it's gone. You could even just make a batch occasionally for a boost.

I second Cheya's well wishes!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, MuadDib said:

At the end of this summer, I decided to challenge myself not to go down with the flu or a cold over the next 12 months.

I applaud the will to resist. :)  First thing that came to mind was all those pictures of all those Asians in crowded metropolitan cities wearing masks.  In Japan it seems to be getting nearly as common as wearing sunglasses.  I don't know how comfortable you would feel following suit, but it may be the single best protection against getting infected.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1. Read about copper. Not as a supplement, but as a piece of copper to carry and touch your hands to (or even touch inside your nostrils!).

2. How much do you orgasm? Each orgasm pokes a hole in your protective wei chi. Your wei chi is an important protective nrg shield.

@cheya I do get a lot of sun exposure during spring and summer but not much during winter. I will check my vitamin D levels. I eat a lot of greens and some fruits on a daily basis so I don't take huge doses of vitamin C as a supplement.

@Cybele Thank you, sounds like a good addition to my arsenal.

@Taomeow Where I live it's very rare seeing someone wear a mask in public. It's usually the unfortunate kids with leukemia that do :(

@GSmaster I try to avoid it because having a flu feels like shit. It is due to a pathogen that attacks you, so I believe it makes sense to defend against it. IMHO having a brief cold is OK though. Anyways, I prefer other ways to detoxify like sweating and fasting.

@rainbowvein Interesting, I will look into copper. On average, I ejaculate about twice a week. I am 36. More frequent during summer and less during winter. It also depends on GF's mood though :D

• Like 2

I started this thread back in October, before covid19 started spreading around. I want to share a few experiences since then.

Unfortunately, I did catch the flu I think 3 times between November and mid - January. This was disappointing as I had made a point of resisting it just prior. I continued my research on how to effectively combat this. 

In February and early March, when the corona virus began raging the world, I went about my routine life, commuting 3 hours a day on public transportation with no masks, no social distancing etc. (Where I live, the government had taken no precautionary actions yet, we've had over 150,000 "official" cases so far). I've been commuting on public transportation over 10 years, and I did notice people were coughing much more frequently than what I consider normal. The government admitted the virus had entered the country by mid - March and my employer had us work from home since then. I believe there is a high chance I've been exposed to covid19 in the early period, but I never got tested. Even if not, I'm pretty sure I got exposed to some nasty flu variant - everyone was coughing all over each other in very crowded spaces.

Since the beginning of February, I stuck to the following regimen and never fell ill. I stopped taking vitamin C on a daily basis. Whenever I felt the beginnings of an attack (sneezing a couple of times, itchy throat and inner ears), I took a much larger dose of vitamin C than I would previously take. Basically, I kept taking 500 mg on a few hour intervals until I felt better and the feeling of a coming cold/flu was gone. Usually this would add up to 2.5 - 3.0 grams per day, for a day or two. Once I felt that I had the upper hand, I would take 1000 mg and then stop taking it fully. I had the beginnings of the attack at least four times, and warded it off easily every time. 

I currently take a nice multivitamin every other day that has pretty much all the essential vitamins and minerals (it has only 120mg of Vitamin C for example). I don't take anything else. Of course I continue eating well, exercise physically and energetically, and generally take care of myself as usual. I intend to follow this strategy and see if it keeps working the next flu season. 

On 10-10-2019 at 11:53 PM, cheya said:

Get  your vitamin D levels checked. You want to be in the neighborhood of 50-80 ng/mL to support your immune system. Some say it works better than the flu shot...  Doesn't sound like you get much sun, so you'll need to take D3 supplements, best consumed with your highest fat meal.

Also, 500 mg of vitamin C is not a lot for immune support.  It's said the body can only absorb 500 mg. orally at one time, but you could take that 4 or more times a day if you are feeling flu vulnerable.  Many people take way more than that on a daily basis as a matter of course.

Good luck!

500 mg is nothing.

the dayly recommended dosage is set at something ridiculous (i think 75mg) almost useless amount.

however its based off of deficit prevention. Instead of optimal health promotion

as in if you dont have at least x amount levels youl start to notice serious issues - therefor supplement c amount to avoid falling to the ground and dying

one camp says everything above 1000mg gets secreted out via urine but but not everybody beliefs thats the case. The other camp says  The body will uptake what it needs and secrete the rest

sick people will uptake alot more vita c then healthy people before it starte secreting out so it varies

Id take at least 2000 mg spread over the day

if im sick with fevee at least  4000 spread all over the day

Edited by Takingcharge
  • Like 1

Sign in to follow this