ernobe

Trigrams related to the Tree of Life and Tarot

This diagram assigns the trigrams to the sephiroph on the Tree of Life.  A Tarot trump may be assigned to each trigram as follows:

• 111 = The Chariot
  • 000 = Death
  • 011 = The World
  • 100 = The Hermit
  • 010 = The Star
  • 101 = Strength
  • 001 = The Sun
  • 110 = The Devil

Bahai_Tree_of_Life.png

• Like 1

Is this your assignment? I've thought about this a lot -- and I don't think there is necessarily a right way, but in all the arrangements I've thought about, Malkuth is the trigram earth, Yesod is water, and Tiphareth is fire. I would also make Da'ath another water! I would balance the wind you have in Chokmah, with lake for Binah, if I were assigning those trigrams, but I like Crowley's approach -- where he handled the excess of sephiroth by making Chokmah simply one yang line, and Binah, one yin. Of course, this is all play. I wouldn't want to take it too seriously :-)

• Like 1

When I'm not playing, this is what I'm doing, that's how seriously I take it.   I have lake in Chokmah, counting the binary digits as representing earth, man and heaven, not heaven, man, and earth.  The water trigram, 010, is assigned Malkuth, but may also be thought as assigned to Yesod, because both the 17th and 18th paths (and Tarot trumps) belong to it.   This is significant considering that Lurias' Tree has Malkuth at the bottom without any paths extending from it anywhere except to Yesod.   Anyway to answer your question, this is my assignment and you may find out more about it at my website: https://archive.org/services/purl/ernobe