waterdrop

Open system vs Closed system

I learned zhineng qigong and teachers of it said that unlike other types of   zhineng qigong is an "open" system where you take qi from the universe into the body  and purify the body with it open the maridians   and go through "purification"  which its symptoms are  pains and injuries and emotions etc ...    while they say closed qigong systems  practice for years just to purify the body  and just when they are high level after years of training they open to the universe

and gave an examples of all sorts of bad stuff hapening to qigong practiconers from this closed systems  that suddenly connected to the universe and sense thier body was clear the moment they opened to the universe  they got very strong "purification"  process and this caused them harm even death (worst example given was someone the moment he opened got blood out  hes eyes and other stuff that caused him to die fast  )

my terminology is bad and so my knoledge on this spesific thing except what was said to students in zhineng qigong course  -        would like to hear peoples view on this matter and anything people can add about this topic  of "purification"

Hmmm maybe OK for paragraph 1. But paragraph 2.... meh. I mean logically, wouldn’t this also happen to Zhineng practionners the first time around ? People who work on the body first already have a head start in terms of channels being open, so I don’t see how they would suddenly blow up or die when connecting to the universe.

It sounds a bit like marketing to me. Our system is the best, people blow up when they come from other system to our system. None of it seems grounded in any theory. Pardon me, just being sincere here from my experience with both closed and open systems. Open system just means you connect to a bigger energy source, there is no need to make a big deal out of it.

And a closed system can be an open system too. I mean, if you do natural spiraling motions or motions that happen in nature, then you will attract that energy from the environment. Without having to consciously walk to the top of a mountain and say: “hey, universe, you and I are one”. A lot of traditional Taoist sets are based on mirroring the movements of the planets, the stars and transcend the whole open/closed system.

• Like 4

i wanted to  also ask about this and also in general hear about the whole connecting with the universe  -  as i understand we anyway always connect with the universe  which is exchange qi with the environment but with zhineng qigong we enhance it somehow and im not sure how except the hand movemnts it is confusing to me

What they said is that is that inzhineng  qigong you go through this purification gradually   so you get pains and acne and emotions etc  all the time  unlike the other way around where you get it all at once 

some questions to whoever wants to answer (just to get a debate going where i can get more info on this subject ) :

Is the goal of qigong to clear the blocakges ?  

If we clear our blockages and have clear maridians (which we do in closed methods)  dosnt it mean that qi from the universe can flow more and better in the body ?    

If we have clear maridians  does it mean the qi flows in the  body ?     ( i read someones reply here saying to someone that focusing on claering the maridians and having clear maridians is not enough cause hes qi is stagnate and not flowing  - which made me very confused)

From my experience, the description of open vs closed is a real one. Some systems you do internal refinement, and some systems you bring in external energy in many different forms to support. Generally the 'closed' end up open at some point, and are more about closed until you develop to a certain level.

In my experience, both are solid and I've seen very accomplished lineages and masters from both.

It does seem like in open lineages that things are more gradual, while the closed systems can have a dramatic opening point.

I haven't heard of the dramatic openings leading to death... although I have heard of people having some difficult integrations.

Zhineng/chi-lel/wisdom healing is an excellent lineage.

• Like 1

How do they stay closed  and not open ?     arent we all always "open"  to the universe energy ?     when they open what they do to "open" ? 

18 hours ago, waterdrop said:

How do they stay closed  and not open ?     arent we all always "open"  to the universe energy ?     when they open what they do to "open" ? 

They don't stay closed, it seems like it is really just a description of a certain stage of development and how some lineages function at that stage.

Yes, we are all open to the universe. You can experience that openness to different degrees based on your how clear and open your channels are and your development.

The lineages that I'm familiar with work with the bodies internal energy, until you have cleared enough blockages and are 'open' enough that you are capable of collecting external/primordial chi on your own. Say through pore breathing or the like.

Waterdrop, may I ask why you're replacing all mid-sentence punctuation with empty double-spaces? Tbh, it's way too hard to read. 

Easier for me to find on keyboard especially sense i change languages from time to time  but also  to me its more clear  -  or ....  between parts than  ,   its more visible and to me separates things better and clearer   , even if its not proper grammar