Sign in to follow this  
Symph

Hi! I'm Symph

Hey guys!  I'm Symph.  I lived most of my life as a Christian though I was always a "problematic" one because I didn't believe many core beliefs I was being taught in Church, and when I read the bible it seemed to have a completely different, highly spiritual, highly inclusive meaning to me.  I began receiving downloads in deep states of ecstacy when I would be dancing or smoking marijuana or creating music.  In my early 30's I went on a quest for self discovery searching out other religions and idea that I (as a christian) was SUPPOSED to be afraid of lol.  When I found Taoism it could not have resonated more.  I began to realize that everything I held dear that I learned from Jesus?  Was IN the Taoist teachings!  It made sense of how I could read the same book as millions of others, yet see no bigotry, no judgement, because the book, just like all things, is under the law of polarity and yin and yang, and I was able to receive only one side of the coin as that's what I was attracting.  

So now I've just given myself license to dive into all beliefs and I don't even know how I'd define myself, but as I'm sure you know, definitions are unhelpful anyway.  I have started reading Tarot as a way of connecting to my deepest intuitions, I'm interested in Shamanism, Druidism, Hinduism, Astrology and much more.  Am I a full fledged Taoist?  Well it's certainly not my only focus, but the teachings resonate so deeply with all I have always held to be true I feel as if I was a Taoist my entire life, and just didn't know it haha.  So yeah, that's a super condensed version of my story, I hope to meet many like minded travelers and to give and receive much!!  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Symph said:

Hey guys!  I'm Symph.  I lived most of my life as a Christian though I was always a "problematic" one because I didn't believe many core beliefs I was being taught in Church, and when I read the bible it seemed to have a completely different, highly spiritual, highly inclusive meaning to me.  I began receiving downloads in deep states of ecstacy when I would be dancing or smoking marijuana or creating music.  In my early 30's I went on a quest for self discovery searching out other religions and idea that I (as a christian) was SUPPOSED to be afraid of lol.  When I found Taoism it could not have resonated more.  I began to realize that everything I held dear that I learned from Jesus?  Was IN the Taoist teachings!  It made sense of how I could read the same book as millions of others, yet see no bigotry, no judgement, because the book, just like all things, is under the law of polarity and yin and yang, and I was able to receive only one side of the coin as that's what I was attracting.  

So now I've just given myself license to dive into all beliefs and I don't even know how I'd define myself, but as I'm sure you know, definitions are unhelpful anyway.  I have started reading Tarot as a way of connecting to my deepest intuitions, I'm interested in Shamanism, Druidism, Hinduism, Astrology and much more.  Am I a full fledged Taoist?  Well it's certainly not my only focus, but the teachings resonate so deeply with all I have always held to be true I feel as if I was a Taoist my entire life, and just didn't know it haha.  So yeah, that's a super condensed version of my story, I hope to meet many like minded travelers and to give and receive much!!  

Thats an interesting combo of beliefs.   You will other like minds here .

My take on it is that both Tarot and Astrology can supply excellent maps of the psyche for 'navigation' .

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Nungali said:

Thats an interesting combo of beliefs.   You will other like minds here .

My take on it is that both Tarot and Astrology can supply excellent maps of the psyche for 'navigation' .

Yes!  I had always thought that Tarot and Astrology were about telling the future and wanting to know if you'd ever find love etc, but that's a tabloid understanding.  In reality they help us understand all the many traits and aspects of ourselves that we probably wouldn't think about or be able to take note of otherwise.  Map of the psyche is a perfect way to put it.  :)

• Like 3

Sign in to follow this