TheAnswer1313

Healing Power of Qi Gong

Hello this is my first post and im trying to gain a bit of information.

Little backdrop............

I've suffered from a skin disease since birth called psoriasis. One of the major causes of this is Stress. There was a couple people on a psoriasis message board that I belong to that suggested Qi Gong. I became interested and thats why I joined this site.

Im interested in the healing aspects of Qi Gong. How can that be obtained? Im at a point in my life where im willing to do anything possible to rid myself of this horrible disease and if Qi Gong can do it then thats what im wanting to do.

Any suggestions on how I can get started?

hi,

I am from India. Psoriasis is not that common here. Still I have heard stories of people curing it.

Here is how.

1) Most do swami Ramdev's pranayama. You can get his dvds form here:

http://www.swamiramdevyoga.com/vcd-for-ski...ases/index.html

He has a special program for skin diseases. One of my dad's friends partially healed from life

long leucoderma.

He is a very accomplished yoga guru in India. Don't worry, he is not a phony.

2) Try homeopathy. I use the homeopathy of www.drbatras.com. They have pictures in their clinics of people getting rid of psoriasis.

3) Qigong, microcosmic meditation should help. I am not an expert on this topic. There are other luminaries on the forum who know much more.

cheers

Smruti

Hello,

Have you tried Traditional Chinese Medicine and Accupuncture yet?

That together with Qi Kung could fix it!

WYG

Agree with WYG. Psoriasis is a difficult condition, start with help from acupuncture and perhaps herbs, depending upon the practitioner. Qigong will be a good adjunct to this. Qigong in general should help all physical ailments. It requires good gong - fu though. Meaning good effort expended consistently over a long period of time.

OK, now I will express my personal bias which I generally avoid doing.

Master Zhongxian Wu who I consider my primary teacher of late, has a book and DVD showing his Shamanic Tiger Form. See link;

http://masterwu.net/articles_tiger_dvd.html

Because the tiger is related to the Western Direction - White - Lung Qi , Zheng qi I think this would be a good form to work with for skin issues. Skin is connected with Lung/Large Intestine organ system. Although Tiger form is not totally about Zheng Qi it is based on developing Zheng Qi as a foundation for overall qi development. This form is a great overall qigong form and has a nice balance of stength and energy development in it's performance. Good deep stance work is developed if you follow the Master's technique closely which will build leg strength and therefore a good foundation. Good structure and upright posture is another aspect of Zheng qi - upright qi - correct qi.

OK, but any good qigong form practiced with good diligence consistently and regularly will help. No cure gaurantee's from me, but I will gaurantee diligent practice of almost any good qigong form will help your overall system.

good luck building righteous Qi - Zheng Qi.

Craig

Well.. If you're looking for a qigong system with a living master attached to it I recommend you check out sifu Wong Kiew Kit and his Shaolin Cosmos Chi Kung. http://www.wongkiewkit.com/ People speak highly of him (at least what I've read so far) and from his claims I'd say SCCK would be ideal of someone with your kind of chronic disease. Sifu Wong has a book out on chi kung: http://www.amazon.com/Art-Chi-Kung-Making-...1043&sr=8-1 and it's worth the money definately, but you can't really learn this from the book. Absolutely the best way would be learn from the Sifu himself. He has intensive chi kung courses all around the world constantly and while they might seem a bit expensive, I've yet to read negative feedback. They offer a money back guarantee too.

I'm not able to give yet a first hand account of learning from him, but I will be after june (hopefully) when I'm going to one of his chi kung intensives in Brighton. For now I've been sticking with only the book and practicing by myself, and I've got no complaints.

Juho

Hello this is my first post and im trying to gain a bit of information.

Little backdrop............

I've suffered from a skin disease since birth called psoriasis. One of the major causes of this is Stress. There was a couple people on a psoriasis message board that I belong to that suggested Qi Gong. I became interested and thats why I joined this site.

Im interested in the healing aspects of Qi Gong. How can that be obtained? Im at a point in my life where im willing to do anything possible to rid myself of this horrible disease and if Qi Gong can do it then thats what im wanting to do.

Any suggestions on how I can get started?

My wife had psoriasis when I met her. After herbs, and one treatment of acupuncture, as well as changing her diet from drinking milk, eating fried foods, sugary foods, too salty and spicy of foods, her body changed. The most important change was her views of the world; her life and society, changing of her atitude and character....

And now she has no trace of any symptoms of psoriasis, no problems whatsoever.

It has only been 2 and a half years. After we met, and she began to change things without Qigong practice, just diet and characteristics, things changed fast indeed.

She only drank herbal medicine 3 times, meaning 3 separate times and for 2 weeks each time, in the 3yrs we have been together. She doesn't practice Qigong.

Fixing diseases, cancers, etc, begins with the mind first. All the Qigong and medicine without the mind cultivation, will only fix the surface. The potential for the problem still lies in the karma of the mind until the mind is changed.

Qigong will raise one's energy to a great level where as their sickness/diseases will be lighter and able to be altered in the body. Yet the root of the disease is still in the mind, and that is what must be cut out.

Its like preventative medicine. One can clean the organs, and fix the energy in the body, but if the habits aren't changed, the sickness will arise again eventually. Thisis why Hua Tuo, the great Chinese Medicine Dr., stopped doing surgery. He saw that people didn't change their ways, and thus were wasting the function of being cured.

Qigong can help a great deal, and I am all for it, yet it is incomplete unless there is a change of mind.

Peace and Blessings,

Lin

Edited by 林愛偉

Thanks guys........I will definitely look into some of your suggestions.

And I totally agree with Lin........about having to change the root cause. The problem is with Psoriasis, its quite difficult to determine the root cause.......it seems to change with different people. For example, some ppl get psoriasis by eating the wrong foods, some get it from stress, some get it from being deficiant in vitamins...etc etc.

Im not only looking to rid myself of this disease but to get to the root cause so that it doesnt return.

What is Kunlun?

it's fresh food and clean water that will do the job, forget about energy, at least until you recover.

clean yourself inside out

good luck

it's fresh food and clean water that will do the job, forget about energy, at least until you recover.

clean yourself inside out

good luck

Like fruits and veggies? I never know what to eat and what not to eat. And if ppl say no meat doesnt that mean never any meat or does it mean cut down on it?

I have started drinking a ton of water lately. :)

Psoriasis, to Qigong, forgive me to be candid , is just a piece of cake ...I wonder why people not asking something more fatal here ...

Edited by exorcist_1699

clean yourself inside out, you will find out tons of info about that, there are miriads of methods, try the safest ones you can find, and then your body will teach you what you need to eat

oh, cleaning methods that involve water and air are the best

no more from me, good luck

Edited by Little1

Psoriasis, to Qigong, forgive me to be candid , is just a piece of cake ...I wonder why people not asking something more fatal here ...

In regards to Karma; MS, Breast Cancer, Broken Bones, various diseases, Kidney Dysfunctions; dialysis, kidney stones, Liver poisoning; even at the level when the body swells up and kidney function has ceased, Comatose patience...I can go on...BUT all of these can be corrected with the proper mind and Qigong cultivation.

Peace and Blessings,

Lin

Edited by 林愛偉

The issue is not whether qigong can cure it or not ; the issue is whether the patient is fortunate enough to come across it . There are too many unnecessary sufferings and deaths in this world.

Edited by exorcist_1699

In regards to Karma; MS, Breast Cancer, Broken Bones, various diseases, Kidney Dysfunctions; dialysis, kidney stones, Liver poisoning; even at the level when the body swells up and kidney function has ceased, Comatose patience...I can go on...BUT all of these can be corrected with the proper mind and Qigong cultivation.

Peace and Blessings,

Lin

"proper mind and Qigong cultivation."

In fact it would seem easier to teach Qigong form then to teach how to achieve "proper mind".

When dealing with illness even severe illness how do you teach "proper mind" If someone has no background in either qigong cultivation or proper mind cultivation how do you simply tell them to get their mind in the right place?

Craig

"proper mind and Qigong cultivation."

In fact it would seem easier to teach Qigong form then to teach how to achieve "proper mind".

When dealing with illness even severe illness how do you teach "proper mind" If someone has no background in either qigong cultivation or proper mind cultivation how do you simply tell them to get their mind in the right place?

Craig

Constant one on one attention a few times a week. Mind is first and foremost. If it isn't taken into account, the effects are temporary. There is a lot of patience needed on both parts.

I ask only one question when an ill person comes to me:

Do you want to live?

Peace and Blessings,

Lin

A proper mind and having a physical body capable of sitting for 1-2 hour are preconditions for initiating qi . The more powerful and delicate qi you can initiate , the easier your illness be cured, which, unfortunately needs your manipulating your mind " skilfully " . So, in order not to place your own destiny in your doctor' s/other people's / fate's hands , you had better make up your mind asap.

I didnt realize there was so much on Qi Gong.............someone point me in the right direction........whats a good book to start with?

Also why say psoriasis with Qi Gong is a piece of cake...........are u implying that if a person was to practice Qi Gong, it would heal psoriasis? I realize there are many many more fatal diseases out there and I hope that if anyone can be healed using Qi Gong, i would strongly recommend it to them. But ppl with psoriasis feel there's no cure, theres no hope of it getting better.......it affects things physically (especially the 20% of psoriasis patients that develop psoratic arthritis as well as affecting things emotionally and mentally. Its really a horrible disease for anyone that has it.

Im hoping Qi Gong.........well it may not heal me (maybe it does)..........i know one thing it will do........reduce stress which is the main reason I feel I have this.

A proper mind and having a physical body capable of sitting for 1-2 hour are preconditions for initiating qi . The more powerful and delicate qi you can initiate , the easier your illness be cured, which, unfortunately needs your manipulating your mind " skilfully " . So, in order not to place your own destiny in your doctor' s/other people's / fate's hands , you had better make up your mind asap.

How does one manipulate the mind skillfully?

Im sorry im asking so many questions, its just im really interested in all of this. For something that can cure illnesses that modern day doctors say cannot be cured is definitely interesting

I didnt realize there was so much on Qi Gong.............someone point me in the right direction........whats a good book to start with?

Also why say psoriasis with Qi Gong is a piece of cake...........are u implying that if a person was to practice Qi Gong, it would heal psoriasis? I realize there are many many more fatal diseases out there and I hope that if anyone can be healed using Qi Gong, i would strongly recommend it to them. But ppl with psoriasis feel there's no cure, theres no hope of it getting better.......it affects things physically (especially the 20% of psoriasis patients that develop psoratic arthritis as well as affecting things emotionally and mentally. Its really a horrible disease for anyone that has it.

Im hoping Qi Gong.........well it may not heal me (maybe it does)..........i know one thing it will do........reduce stress which is the main reason I feel I have this.

How does one manipulate the mind skillfully?

Im sorry im asking so many questions, its just im really interested in all of this. For something that can cure illnesses that modern day doctors say cannot be cured is definitely interesting

What works way faster than Qigong is Chinese Herbal medicine and Acupuncture. I say go for that, and stick to that ontop of your Qigong practice. If there was no Qigong for you, Chinese Herbal Medicine would do the job very fast.

Not a few days to knock it all out and correct the liver and emotions, but at least it will correct a great amount of the problem fast, and make things more bearable.

Peace,

Lin

Practicing qigong along with changing the diet and lifestyle factors that are creating your problem will do the trick. Practicing qigong is not hard, though some people are naturally more talented (just like everything else). Practicing is really the important part. I have a professor who healed malignant cancer through qigong and chinese medicine, not into remission, I mean the cancer is completely gone. That level of healing really depends on you though.

As for the qigong. There are qigong exercises for specific organ systems, in your case you probably want to emphasize lungs and liver, a chinese medicine doctor could tell you for sure after they meet with you. But many types of qigong are for the whole body. If can find teachers in your area, go take a class. It's better than a book. Classes should not be expensive. Then if you like the teacher, like the movement, like the class. You're set. The most important, and hardest thing is practice. Regular, every day if you can, at the same time every day is even better. People talk about best times of day to practice, etc, at the beginning the best time is when you can. Just not right after eating a big meal.

Don't worry about how to manipulate your mind. Change your diet and lifestyle factors (any adequate chinese medicine doctor can help you with this). These alone can do the trick. Practice qigong, receive acupuncture and take herbs and the process will be easier. Then just take time to reflect. You will receive insights about your life. Quiet time is especially conducive to reflection. No music, no TV, no multitasking. When the world around you is still, your inner world really comes to life. For some people this can be very difficult. It's like if you've kept your room clean by shoving everything into the closet. Things have looked fine on the outside but there is a whole mess to deal with behind that door.

Illness is a welcome to clean house. I wish you well.

Edited by 松永道

Thanks guys.

Im wondering if there is actually a chinesse doctor in my area........I mean....I used to live in NY and im sure they are abundant there......now im in West Virginia and its not quite as easy. It took me 2 years to get a dermatologist in my area

The most common way being taught ( mentioned by many books and can be talked publicly ) is as follows:

Try concentrating your mind patiently and slightly ( the strength /degree is difficult to grasp at initial stage, this is the reason why I say "skilfully" ) at the position 3~4 inches below your navel for 30 minutes or more , and , see what will happen. Please do not imagine it even you did hear of how it may look like for every individual does get different feeling...

If qi , no matter how minor it is, does arises ,then some effect on the disease will be seen after your having practiced it for several weeks . Of course, if the psoriasis is developed near the abdomen area, it will be cured easier ; however , if it grows on limbs far away from body, then it will take longer time because the qi you initiate at earlier stage definitely is not strong enough to affect a larger area /longer distance .

Anything afterwards will then depend on your fortune....

A live class is certainly best. But there are some good people with Chi gung videos out there.

I like Michael Winns. He has a nice short form on his Fundamentals II video, his Primordial Chigung is also very good. Both are simple and have a nice feelings to them. He takes the time to explain the movements and energetics. I think there may be some video links to see a piece of them on the Healing Tao USA site.

Take a look at the Reviews link, and the LINK link :) posted on top, for other choices.

Michael