Sign in to follow this  
OverseerFeatheredImmortal

Jun Yu Xian and his philosophy

Good day guys. My self-proclaimed Daoist name is Jun Yu Xian. I don't know if it is the right Chinese translation of Overseer Feather Immortal. I used google translate and find one-syllabled characters. This name speaks to me though as if it is attached to my soul. 

I am a beginner in Taoism. I view Taoism as a belief and a discipline. I have not fully immersed myself in the wisdom yet, but once I do I want to do something with it.

I lack the cultural background to practice the arts that were derived from Daoist principles. It might be hard to fully know the essence of the skills, so once I fully realized the Daoist principles, instead of practicing the derived arts, I would like to derive my own based on the wisdom I cultivated.

Anyways that is the plan. On the other hand, to be honest I just read about cultivation and Daoism from Chinese comics. At first, I find it cool to learn gazillion skills in martial arts and magic, but when I further delved into the topic of Daoism, I finally found something that speaks directly to me.

I have always been a passive person. I like to observe and not to meddle. I love to do nothing and do many things (ambiguous right?). I am quite ambiguous. 

Anyways, the derivation of a new Daoist art is a long journey, so if anyone who has Wudang Kung Fu, Sword, and Taiji materials please send it to me HEHEZ. Lots of love.

-Jun Yu Xian

• Like 1

Feathered friend I think you can find a lifetime of the materials you seek on YouTube. But you might be better off starting with some kind of teacher to help guide you through unfamiliar territory. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, tao stillness said:

Feathered friend I think you can find a lifetime of the materials you seek on YouTube. But you might be better off starting with some kind of teacher to help guide you through unfamiliar territory. 

I would love to have a mentor though. If you could suggest anyone, I would love it. I also need resources (legitimate ones), but everytime I seek for, each comes with exorbitant price. That is just so sad :'( I am just a student.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this